Chapter 5

Let Me Love You

Yuri went to the restaurant for the appointment with a big disappointment that's visible all over her face.

"Hey, Yul, thank God that you came early today. You have some papers to read before their representatives arrive." Taeyon stopped when she notice that her friend is not listening to her. 

"Hey what is wrong with your face?" Taeyon ask in curiosity.

"I saw her today, Tae" Yuri said sadly.

"What?! Did she saw you? did you two talk? so how it goes?" Taeyon asks frantically.

Yuri settled herself to the chair near her and lean her back on the rail of the chair taking a deep sigh before answering "No, she didn't recognized me." Yuri said in a very low tone, but Taeyon manage to hear it.

"Awe, really?" Taeyon look at her friend with sympathy.

 

The time has finally come. The lawyers of Hwang's Group of Company arrived first then followed by the acting C.E.O of the company Victoria Song the adopted sister of Stephen Hwang.

"Good afternoon, Ladies" Nickhun said with a smile on her face. "this is my client the acting C.E.O of Hwang's group of Company Victoria Song" Nickun turn his gaze to the said woman.

"Good afternoon to you, too, Nickhun, this is my partner, Yuri, she will be helping me in representing the Hwang's sister." Taeyon said confidently.

Nickhun didn't show any interest to know about the new lawyer, he just disdain the introduction. "please, let us settle ourselves first before we start the discussion." they were about to seat when Victoria told Nickhun that her husband will be joining them in a minute. Nickhun just nod his head as a respond to his client.

Nickhun handed out some documents to Taeyon and Yuri about Victoria's right in representing the Family's business even though she is just an adopted child of the Hwangs.

Yuri read the content intently, but she was interrupted when she heard a very familiar voice talking from behind her.

"I'm so sorry that I keep you waiting, please excuse my tardiness" the voice said.

Everyone in the little private room stopped in what they are doing and turn their gazes to the person except Kwon Yuri.

"Oh, baby, it's okay. We didn't wait for you that long" a smile formed into Victoria's face as she stood and walk to the man whose behind Yuri.

Yuri on the other hand is sweating. She doesn't understand why she felt so weak after hearing that voice. She wanted to turn her head to that man's direction, but she couldn't move.

"So, I think everybody are here" Nickhun started "I think we should start now." He turn his gaze to each one in that room.

"baby, I want you to seat here next to me" Victoria said happily. She clutch her arm to the man until the man become visible into Yuri's sight. "Da----d" Yuri gulp a small amount of liquid feeling so nervous and shock at the same time.

The man didn't turn his gaze to the others yet for he is so amused in Victoria's action. 

"Baby, these are the lawyers of my nieces" Mr. Kwon turn his gaze first to Taeyon then the smile slowly faded away from his face much more when the other person on Taeyon's side caught his attention. His long lost only daughter is sitting across him. "Yu---ri?"

 

 

The said meeting has been revoked both side decided that they are going to call it off and meet on the other time. Taeyon bids her goodbye first to the other for she has another appointment to attend too. She give Yuri a tap on the shoulder encouraging her to talk to her father. Yuri just give her a slight nod of her head.

 

 

The two Kwons stayed in the room silently no one wanted to break the silence.

Until both look at the phone that is ringing on the table. "are you not going to answer that?" Yuri speak first

"no, just let it be" Mr. Kwon said calmly.

The ringing of the phone didn't stop. "It must be important, why don't you answer it" Yuri said annoyingly

Mr. Kwon took his phone and answered it. "hello?" after realising that the one who's calling is his wife, he stood from his place and walk to the other side of the room and give himself a space to talk to her privately.

After spending a minutes on the phone Mr. Kwon went to their table and said: "I have to go, my wi---" Mr Kwon pause for a moment "Victoria needs me to her office" Mr Kwon look away ashamed to see her daughter's questioning gaze.

"You don't have to be ashamed telling me that he is your wife" Yuri said blatantly. "Mom has been long gone. You don't have to be guilty in marrying again" it's Yuri's turn to stand from her place picking her things.

"Yuri, I'm so sorry" Mr. Kwon suddenly spoken. "I know that I was wrong. I know that I should have told you about it, but I was just scared that you won't understand me, that's why I chose to hide it from you" Mr. Kwon's voice almost crack. "I am so lonely that time, Yuri, I miss your mom and she---"

"She is the only one who can make you happy?!" Yuri burst out. 

Mr Kwon was speechless. "have you think about my feelings, dad?" Mr. Kwon turn his gaze to her daughter. "for sure you didn't for all you care is yourself" Yuri started her pace to the front door, before she twist the knob. " I hope that you are happy with her" then she let herself out of the room leaving her father in a painful situation.

"I'm sorry, Yuri, please forgive me" Mr. Kwon said in a dishearten manner.