8: SM Ent. dinner

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

Hi guys! Please subscribe and comment! I'd appreciate it so much! :) thank you!!!! Now here's a really long chap! :)


The school days weren't as boring as what we had back in the Philippines because almost every night, Ella and I would roam around Seoul for a bit or hang out with Sehun and Jongin when they're free. I miss home. I miss my family. Being here for almost a month and a half is both fun and sad. Plus, it's almost valentine's day and me and my family usually go out to celebrate on the 14th. We used to eat out and visit the amusement park. Jongin and I weren't awkward to each other at all and I like that. "Aria, what's your answer in number four?" Ella and I were doing our math homework. " x is equal to y minus 5." She smiled with fulfillment, probably hitting the right answer. "We're getting good at this. Are you done?" She asked, still engrossed on her homework. "Yup." I said. My phone rang suddenly and I looked to see that Sehun was calling me. A huge grin filled my face as my bias's number is flashing on my screen.
"Yoboseyo?" I asnwered.
"Aria..." He responded.
"Yeah?"
"We have this annual private SM Ent. Dinner on Valentine's day and..." He stops talking, he was just breathing.
"And?" I asked. Why is he telling me this?
"I need a date."
"You want me to help you find one?" You could just ask me but I know my bias would never like me.
"Aniyoooo." He said immediately.
"Oh okay, then why are you telling me this?" I asked him impatiently.
"I was just wondering if you want to be my date on the dinner." He asks. My heart fluttered in an instant. My crush asked me out? I know it's not like the normal date and is know I'm just a fan but oh my gosh this is really more than a fan's dream come true.
"You want to go... with me?" I stuttered.
"Ne."
"I'd love to!" I may have sounded to excited.
"Great! I'll pick you up at 6:30. Bye! See you!" He hangs up as I threw my phone in the bed and covered my face with a pillow and screamed. Gahhhhh! I can't contain my happiness.
A pillow slapped my arm. "What the heck happened Aria?" Ella was looking at me weirdly.
"I just got asked out by Sehun on valentine's day!" Ella kneeled on the bed. "Are you serious?" She asked. "Yes!" She hugs me, and I was almost about to cry. "So lucky! I'm so happy for you!" Ella said. I can't believe this.
Days passed and we bought a dress for the dinner. It was a red off-shoulder, backless, long gown that flowed until my feet and had sleeves until my wrists. It looked so elegant and at the same time y. It was not what I was aiming for but since Ella thought it looked good on me, I decided to buy it. I also bought a pair of black heels so the distance of my height to Sehun's height wouldn't look awkward. When the day came, I went to a parlor to let them make me pretty for once. I needed to look decent enough to be Sehun's date. I don't want to embarrass him and me. When I went back to the dorm at around 6:30, Ella was also dressed up. "Where are you going?" I asked in confusion. "You're not the only one with a date, you know." She smirks at me. "Who is it?" I questioned. "Well, his name is Riley. He's from our English class, he's also an exchange student but he's from America." I looked at her with shock painted on my face. "What?" She asks as she puts on some eyeliner. "When did this happened? Why didn't you tell me? Why are you keeping this things a secret to me?" I walked to her. "It just suddenly happened! I was going to tell you but I got scared because you might not like him for me and I like him." She tells. I hold her hand, "Oh c'mon Ella. You know that I'd support you on your decisions. And you would also know that I would only ask you one thing and that's to be careful." I smiled at her, she smiles back and hugs me. "Let's have fun tonight okay?" She said. "Details of the date as soon as we're together, araseo?" She pulls out of the hug, "hell yeah!" She chuckles. Sophia, one of our room mates went inside the room, "Someone's waiting for you outside, Aria." She informed. "Oh, okay. Thanks, Sophia!" I stood in front of the mirror, smoothening out my dress. "You look beautiful, Aria. Just go!" Ella pushed me towards the door. I walked outside to see Sehun waiting outside the gate of the dorm. He was looking at me, "Wow. You look beautiful Aria." He complimented. "You look good yourself." I smiled. He was wearing an black tuxedo that added to his gentleman look. His hair was fixed to his normal hair and it looked so gorgeous. "This is for you." He hands me a bouquet of flowers. I smiled, "Thank you!", "Shall we?" He offered his arms and I cling on to him.
We arrived at the venue where there was a red carpet walk. Different SM Ent. talents and important people were present. This event was really private that press people are not allowed anywhere near the venue. There is however, a photo booth in the backdrop on the red carpet. It was probably for souvenirs and such. Sehun and I walked and posed for it. When the cameraman was done, he said something in Korean, something about the photos, only Sehun understood. "What did he say?" I asked while we go inside the actual venue. "He says they will send the photos to the SM management and they will forward it to us." He informed me and I nodded. "Wow! My fangirl heart cannot contain all these feels because almost all of my fave groups and artists are here!" I shared to Sehun. He chuckles, "I knew you will enjoy this!" He says to me and I grinned at him. "Oh look! There's Exo!" I point to her I could see Chanyeol-oppa and Baekhyun-oppa talking. "Yes, let's go there." We walked towards them. I could see their dates except for Baek-oppa's and Yeol-oppa's. "Hi guys!" I greeted. They all looked at us. "Wow! Our little girl looks so beautiful! Someone has grown up now ah." Every exo member smiled at Chanyeol-oppa's comment. "Oppa, no, I'm still the same." I looked down, embarrass of the eyes that were fixed on me. "Oppa, can you take a photo of us?" Sehun gave his phone to Chanyeol-oppa. We shot a couple of photos and I told Sehun to send it to me so I can have a copy too. "This is so amazing Sehun! I want to fangirl and ask for photos of all of the artists present but that would look so fangirl and embarrassing." I chuckled. "I'll introduce to you a couple of artists." Sehun offered. "Just be there for me incase I faint because of too much feels!" Sehun laughed at my statement. We sat next to the second youngest in the group, Kim Jongin, whose date is Krystal of f(x). Looking at her, she's so beautiful! She was wearing a white long gown that made her look more of an angel. She's my fave in f(x) and became a more fan when I watched the heirs and she was so cute there. I need to have a photo with her. I reached out my phone and texted Jongin.
"Jongin." I texted.
"Yes?" He replied immediately.
"You need to help me have a photo with your date later! I love her!" I looked at him, waiting to see if he has read it.
"Okay." He replied.
"Thank you so much!!"
"You look beautiful tonight by the way." He complimented. I hope he's not looking at me because I could feel myself blushing.
"Thanks! You look good too..." I texted, "as usual :)" I sent another text right after the other. I looked at him and he smiled at the text, he looked at me and winked. I think I just died a little. Is Kim Jongin flirting with me? Or am I trying to flirt with him? Nope. We both agreed that we're going to be real good friends. There was a short program of SM Ent. before we proceeded on the dinner. Everything was so fancy. They had some French cuisines that I couldn't remember the pronunciations but they were all so delicious and heavenly! Sehun and I talked about my school and Philippines.
"So when are you going back to the Philippines?" He asked.
"Don't tell anyone, promise?" I made him promise.
"Why can I tell anyone? But okay, I promise." We did the pinky swear and we both laughed because it was so childish yet so adorable.
"Because I don't want to hear people say 'I wish you'd stayed' or 'a few days left until you leave' or something like those because I don't want to feel as if I'll regret going back to the Philippines. I mean, I love it here, so much! But I still have a life there and my family and graduation and stuff." I share to Sehun who seemed to be really listening.
"Oh, okay then. So let's just forget about that and enjoy your stay!" He exclaimed, "Do you want to dance?" Sehun offered his hand and as I placed mine on his, I felt like I would be fainting. I needed some air than usual. Nervousness and excitement filled me. We went on the dance floor where a few people are also dancing. It was a slow dance so they were all clingy and stuff. Sehun placed his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt awkward because I need to reach for it because of how small I am compared to him. My head can only be placed on his chest so I decided that I'd just look elsewhere instead of burying my head on his chest which was what the other people dancing do. "Sehun..." I whispered. "Why'd you ask me to be your date?" I asked. "Because you're my friend and I know how much you and Ella would enjoy these kind of events. And I don't want to sound conceited or anything but I know that your fave in the group is me..." He chuckled and I felt like I wanted to runaway because of the embarrassment. "...and I know you wouldn't take this the wrong way, like the others." Sehun said. "What wrong way?" I asked. "You know... Like some people, every time I asked them to these kind of stuff, they'd assume that I liked them as more than a friend, but the truth is, I just want to have a date with a friend I could talk to, not someone who would do her best to lure me in as their boyfriend." I didn't know he was capable of feeling those things since he just joked around. "And some people only use me to be famous." That's the downside of being known by the whole world. His eyes were very serious while talking. I'm not used to him looking like this. He must have had experienced a lot of these stuff. "Don't get mad but...that was exactly my plan." I joked and his serious face disappeared instantly as he laughed at my joke. I smiled, "I don't know the feeling, but what I know is it's really hard to be used by someone. Like one minute, their really nice to you, but when they achieved what they wanted, you just get thrown out like a piece of paper. It hurts like hell and we really can't do anything about those people, but we do have a say on our lives. They key is to just be careful on making decisions and on trusting people because some may just look so charming but they're just actually some evil person, that will eventually hurt you." I told him. "See? This is why I like you guys as my friends. I've always thought that I could actually find the most sincere person in Exo fans." We sat back on our chairs after a few songs. Sehun introduced me and let me take a photo with some of the artists there. Sehun asked me if it was alright for him to ask Krystal to dance with him and I approved. He was such a gentleman for asking. "Hey." I looked up to see Jongin beside my chair. He sat on Sehun's chair, "How's the party so far?" He asked, smiling. "It's amazing! Better than prom!" He laughed. "Of course it is." He remarked. "So what's going on with you and Krystal?" I teased. "Oh... Uh... We're dating for a week now, I mean... It's just the get to know each other type of dates." He spoke so shyly. My heart ached as the words came out of his lips.
 "Wow... You have a nice preference. I like her, she's so pretty, funny and smart, well, that's based on what I watch." I commented.
"Yeah, she is." He smiles. My heart tightened more, making it hard to breathe.
"Be on guard on her all the time because I might steal her from you." I joked.
He laughs, "How do you do that?"
"Rock, paper, scissors!" I positioned my hand into a close fist. We played, we laughed so much at how we were both trying to cheat our win but in the end, I won.
"You see here my friend, you need skills, and it just so happened that you don't have one and i do." I smirked but he only laughs at my proudness.
"Would you like to dance?" He asked. We walked to the dance floor and as usual, I had to reach for me and have my arms around his neck. He's almost the same height as Sehun. My heart fluttered as he placed his hands on my waist. I'm having a battle between two parts of my mind. I'm not supposed to feel something for him because we're friends and he's not even my bias. I cursed mentally at how he's having the same effect that Sehun gives me every time he talks and be a gentleman to me. "What are you thinking?" He asked. "I can't tell you. It's a secret." I answered. "How about you?" I questioned. "I can't tell you either." His voice was serious. We were silent while on the dance floor but we continued to dance on a few more more songs. I wondered what he was thinking. Could he have possibly thought about me too? But that's impossible! We already made an agreement to be friends and he also has Krystal who is perfect especially when compared to me. Could I maybe liking Jongin? After a few songs, we went back to our dates. The dinner ended at midnight, I got some decent photo-op with other artists then Sehun dropped me on my dorm. We both thanked each other and I got a plus points because Sehun kissed me on my forehead. I almost died even though I know that it was just the friendliest gesture he could have gave me. I walked inside and Ella was already there. Her face lit up as she saw me.
"How was your date?" I asked her. She sat on the bed and asked me to sit with her too. I showered for a few minutes and joined her on the bed.
"So, okay... Spill the dateails." It's a thing that Ella, Cassandra and I have. Date + Details = Dateails, I know... It's cheesy.
"Riley is so perfect! He brought me to Namsan tower for dinner. He gave me flowers and we ate fancy stuff, we walked on the bridge where there where locks and stuff. It was so cute and romantic, I like him so much." She narrated as she was just staring at the ceiling, her smile for ear to ear. I'm so happy for her.
"I'm so happy for you! You're so lucky!" I voiced out.
"What happened to yours?" She asked.
"I fangirled there, there were lots of artists!" I handed her my phone to check the photos.
I continued as she starts scanning my phone, "Sehun was so sweet but it was pretty clear that his intention was just to be friends... I knew I didn't have a chance, I mean come on... Only the fan fictions we read gets the fan to end up with her bias. But I have to confess something..." I looked down, scared of how Ella would take it. "What?" Ella asked. "I don't know if this is a fan thing or something but I think I like Jongin." I nervously shared. "What do you mean?" She asked in confusion. "I just... I don't know... My heart ached when I saw him with Krystal, especially when he said that they were dating. Then I could feel butterflies on my stomach when every time he looks at me or talks to me. I don't know if I'm just becoming a fan or I'm starting to really like him." I frowned. I actually don't know what I'd do knowing that I'm having this dilemma. "It's not hard to like him, but just ignore your feelings, let it die down or let it bloom if it wants to. Just don't mind them right now. I know you'll find the answer in your heart, maybe not now, but on the right time. Because it's hard to be with someone like him. I mean, I know I haven't tried but do you see the news? They break up because of the management and haters or they just decide that it doesn't work because of busy schedule and stuff." Ella said. "Come on, Ella. It's a confused feeling right now. Don't go beyond that." This is crazy. I really can't like him as more than a friend because I know where it would lead. Me being friend zoned again, especially because I know I won't have a chance on someone that popular. "Well, let's see what the next chapter of this story sometime. Right now, I'm pretty exhausted. Let's sleep!" We tucked on our bed and slept off.