6: That Wednesday Night

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

A few days passed and it was Wednesday. Looking back at my first two weeks in Seoul, it already felt like I've been here for more than 10 years because of the load of work and activities I participate in but it also feels like two weeks passed by so quickly. I never thought that Kai would be serious when he told me that he wanted me to be his friend. Even though I fangirl on Exo all day, every day, it feels so good that I could actually talk to them. Kai and I exchange texts every time he's free. My fangirling heart is becoming a half-fangirl and half-friend to him. Sehun, however, is still my ultimate bias. I always tell Kai to send me candid photos of Sehun and I would fangirl on it. Whoever though that I could have this kind of relationship with them? 
"Hey, will you go with me to EXO's dorm? I need to get my shirt remember?" I asked Ella. She was playing with her phone, probably watching exo videos.
"I'd love to! But I can't because I have two major tests tomorrow."  She said frowning, setting her attention to me.
"What?! What subject?" I asked, afraid that I forgot about these two major tests.
"Relax, they're classes that you're not in." I sigh with relief.
"But who am I going to go with?" 
"Just go by yourself. It's not that scary out anyway. There's always a lot of people out on the streets." She stated, reaching for her books on the floor.
"Alright, I'll go now."
"Stay safe!" Ella shouted.

The night breeze was chilly but manageable. I texted Kai that I was on the way. I hope I would be able to see Sehun there! My fangirl heart has already died a thousand times and I don't mind getting another heart attack again, I just need to see his breathtaking self. I decided to hail a cab and not walk on the streets because it was night time. A few minutes later, I was in front of their dorm again. I reached for my phone on my pocket, Kai responded, telling me to just go inside since he left it open. I went in, scared that someone might think I'm an overly obsessed fan who managed to invade Exo's privacy. I texted Kai that I was in front of their door and to my surprise, Sehun opened it a few minutes later.
"Annyeong!" I greeted. He looked so perfect as always, even when tonight, he was just wearing sweat pants and a shirt.
"YEHET~ Annyeong Aria! Come in!" He said, cutely. I looked down, embarrassed at myself for acting so shy and fangirl on his presence. Focus Aria!
"Kai says he will give me back my shirt tonight." I informed Sehun.
"Yeah, I know." He says while he leads me to the dining hall, I think. "Hey, we have this surprise party for Kai on his birthday. We want you and Ella to come." He whispered.
"We would love to be a part of it. Text or call me when and where, okay?" I smiled.
"Ne. It would be so fun!" We finally arrived to the dining hall where all the members where preparing and setting up for their dinner. "Wow! I hope I didn't interrupt anything." I said as everyone looked at me, causing my cheeks turn to red.
"Annyeong Aria! Join us for dinner, jaebal." [please] Suho-oppa offered.
"Ne. It's not everyday that we have a girl visitor here that isn't a part of the management." Luhan-oppa added. I smiled, "jjinjja? [really?] okay! 고맙습니다! [gomabseubnida/Thank You!] I said, bowing slightly. I scan the room where Jongin was nowhere to be found. Where is he? Sehun escorts me to an empty seat on the dining table and he seats next to me. "Jongin just went to get your shirt, he'll be here in a few." He informed me, as if reading the question on my mind. Suddenly, the other seat beside me was occupied by someone, I looked and it was Kai, smiling. "Hi!" I greeted. "Annyeong Aria." He said, giving my newly laundered shirt. "Gomawo." [thank you.] He pats my head, smiling.

We had chicken for dinner, as expected of them. It amazes me how when they're on stage, they're beasts in singing and dancing with killer looks but when they're at home, they're as normal as ever, loud and rowdy like and other guys out there. It was about 10 when everyone was finally done cleaning up. They were already going to go to sleep so they bid their good nights and goodbyes to me and I thanked them for dinner. I blushed heavily when Sehun hugged me. He looked at me, "Since I have to do something, I can't bring you home..." He then, faced Kai, "...take care of our little sis. Kai nodded, "어디 사세요?" [eodi saseyo?/Where do you live?] Such a gentleman, he still speaks formally, even when I'm younger. "It's near. 저는 잘 지내요. I can walk from here." [jeoneun jal jinaeyo./ I'm okay] I smiled. "Aniyo." He shook his head. "I'll go with you." He started walking towards the door and I follow him. I can't help but stare at him. He was really tall, especially when beside me, he was towering, like the sky I couldn't reach. We walk silently. "What if someone recognizes you?" I asked, worried that a mob of fans will form. "You said it's near, so I'm guessing there won't be time for a commotion to form." He looked at me, "Dont worry! Worry is useless." He reassured. I could feel my face light up, not just because he knew the right words to say, but I don't know if he knows but he quotes one of my favorite books, the fault in our stars. "Did you know that those exact words were also said in a book I love very much?" I told him. "Jjinjja? [really?] What book?" He asked. "The fault in Our Stars by John Green. You should read it but it's fiction so I don't know if you read those kind of stuff." Our dorm was just a 20-minute walk from their dorm. I didn't want an awkward silence and so I tried asking him some questions. "Jongin..." I said, looking down. "Hmm?" He responded.
"Why did you want to befriend me? I was just a fan that could've been out of your life right after that exo day." I asked curiously.
"Because you were funny, and just because you're a fan doesn't mean I can't be friends with you. I mean, we're no different from each other. Even when you were blushing all the time on exo day, you still managed to engage in a decent conversation without breaking down and crying of our presence. I mean, it's okay because we got that a lot but I really like it when fans treat us normally. We actually also have some fan-friends but not a lot. You're probably number five." He explained. I think I've fallen deeply into EXO's charms.
"Wow. I didn't know you had that side of yours." I pointed out.
"That's because we don't want our friends to be caught up in the medial it's already hard for us and we don't want our loved ones and friends to also be involved because sometimes the media can be twisted. For example, if some media guy sees us together, right now, they would publish out a rumor that you maybe my girlfriend." He explained further. He talked while looking down, watching his steps. "So, friends share secrets and problems right? If you have any, just tell me, araseo?" [understand?]
I decided to open up. "You heard me and Ella talk about Park in the honeybee cafe right?" I asked. He nodded as a response. "I got friendzoned by him." I told him. "Friendzoned?" He asked in confusion. 
"Well, we used to be best friends last year, but I broke the friendship rule and I liked him more than that, I thought he liked me too because we were inseparable that even others thought that we were already together, so I confessed to him and he turned me down, saying that he thinks of me just as his bestfriend. That's friendzoned, when someone jp rejects you, giving you the 'we're better off as bestfriends' card. We became distant because of it and I decided to change myself, for the better, I hoped. At first, it was for him to like me but then later on, I changed for myself, I was really heavy back then and I decided to lose some weight, learned how to fix myself, I don't know but I think I feel better now, like this." I shared.
"Loving is not about the looks, Aria." He reassured. Everyone else says that, but it isn't really true.
"Indeed, it's not, but it's the first thing you see before you decide to talk to them. How would one know the beauty inside if they're not interested from the start?" I responded.
"Then those people are not worth of your time and emotions." He knew the right words to say. "Anyway, recently, he's become clingy and I'm actually annoyed because it seems like since I changed, he's trying to be as close with me like we had before." I told him.
"Don't mind him." He said, irritated. "If he bugs you, call us out, araseo?" He patted my head, again.
"I don't know if I should be glad that you always pat my head but to be honest it makes me feel even shorter." I told him.
"But you are short." I fake frowned at his statement.
"Short girls are cute." He grinned. I cover my face with my hair to not let him see my blushing. "How about you, do you have any secrets or problems you want to share? Do you have any girlfriend right now?" I casually asked.
"Aniyo. I'm dating right now, but casual dates only. Nothing serious. It's really difficult to find someone who won't get blinded by your popularity." He said.
"Well, I wouldn't know but I bet it's difficult to trust just anyone." I commented.
"Yeah, I've dated someone who always wanted to go to busy places just because I could get easily recognized and she would also get asked by the media and stuff, she liked it." He shared.
"I saw that in the news. Isn't she a model now?" I asked. He nodded. We were almost at my dorm but I didn't want to stop the deep conversation but I have to.
"That's where I live." I pointed to our dorm.
"You live in a dorm?" He asked, looking at my dorm.
"Mmhmm." I nodded.
"I think someone's waiting for you." He said, looking at the gate. I followed his gaze and saw Park waiting outside the dorm. Park recognized me and stood straight. Aish!
"Aria!" He shouted. He walked to me and stood in front of me. Kai was still beside me, his arms suddenly hung on my shoulders. I shivered from his touch. Park looked at Kai's arms around me and then looked at Kai but he continued to talk to me. "Where have you been? I was worried sick when I heard that you were still out." 
"I was at their dorm." I told Park. "Oh, uhm. Kai, this is Park, my friend from Philippines and Park, this is Kai, my..." Before I could continue, Kai cut in. "Aria's boyfriend." I was going to protest when suddenly, Kai slightly squeezed my shoulders, probably signaling to just go with it. I decided to score points and wrapped my arms around his waist which Park saw. His expression changing from enthusiastic to pissed. "Seriously?" Park said in gritted teeth. "How could you have a boyfriend from here when we just arrived a few weeks ago? Is that really how fast you fall in love with someone? Just one acknowledgement from him and you liked him already? Is that how you do it, Aria? Or are you just making me jealous?" My hand suddenly gripped on Kai's shirt. How dare he say things like that to me? Irritated and mad, I opened my mouth to say something, but it seemed like Kai always get to talk first. "Hey! You don't talk to Aria like that! You're pathetic. Aria's made a right decision to get over you." He angrily stated.
"Can you just shut your mouth? I'm not done talking to Aria." Park suddenly grabbed my other arm forcefully and I try pull my arm off of his grip, Kai's other arm suddenly on Park's arm.
"I swear if you touch her again, you're going to get what you deserve," Kai said sternly. His eyes, full of rage, locked on Park's.
"I'd like to see you try." Park answered back.
"Stop this." I turned my gaze to Kai. "Jongin, take me inside, jaebal." We walked passed Park who was still standing on where he was. When we were inside, Kai suddenly positioned me to look at him.
"괜찮아?" [gwenchana? Are you alright?"] Jongin asked, his arms holding the arm that Park grabbed. I nodded. "You're not. You're shaking." He said, pulling me to a hug. Tears started to form on my eyes. I was scared of what could have happened and at how Park judged me so easily. He should've known better, he was my friend after all.
"What the hell are you guys doing?" Ella suddenly enters the living room. Kai releases me from the hug but escorts me to the couch.
"Park, I don't know what happened to him, he got so mad at me, he said some rude words and..."
"sshhhh." Ella says as she pulled me into a hug, caressing my hair.
"Aria, You're still shaking. We're here. You're safe. It's alright." Kai comforted. His hands were holding mine, and his thumbs were rubbing the back of my palm. Both if them made me feel safe and comforted.
"Thank you guys, I think I'll just sleep this off... Jongin..." I looked at him, "will you be alright to go home?" I asked.
"I already texted our driver to fetch me here." Jongin replied. "Will you be alright?" He asked. I nodded in response.
"Thank you Jongin, Im so embarrassed of what happened, I'm really sorry about that, I hope I can make it up to you, go home safely, okay?" He smiled and we waited until Park was gone until Jongin went home.