19: Beach

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

Today, my friends and I plus Exo-K will be going to our rest house near a beach in the south. Exo-M had to fly back to Seoul because they will be preparing for an event in Los Angeles next week. I play with my cellphone as we waited for Exo in the lobby of their hotel. To be honest, of all that has happened, I wanted to not come today since I feel a little awkward with just the thought of being in the same place with Kim Jongin. When they finally arrived, all eyes were actually on Seojun, who was also going with us. I stood up from the couch on the lobby and walked to them. "Annyeong! This is Seojun, my friend. Seojun, these are exo members, Sehun, Suho-oppa, Chanyeol-oppa, Kai-oppa, Kyungsoo-oppa, and Baekhyun-oppa." I said as I pointed out each of them. "Kai-oppa?" I heard Kai murmur but I ignored it. They greeted each other as Ella signalled that we have to go.

"Five can fit on the other car with my driver and four can fit in the car that Seojun will be driving." I told them.

"How about one exo member go with us and the others with Aria's driver?" Everyone nodded as they all ran like little kids towards their car. We walked towards Seojun while looking at them. I saw Kai finally accepting his defeat and walked towards us.

"I'll go with you guys." Kai said, not looking at anyone in particular.

"Aria, want to go in front since Seojun's driving?" Cassie offered.

I almost nodded when Kai spoke. "I'll sit in the front. It's safer for you ladies to sit in the back." he said and we didn't protest since he was alraedy climbing up the passenger seat.

The ride to our house took about 3 hours. It wasn't really hassle for the rest since they just all slept. At the first hour, Kai and Seojun talked in Korean so I dozed off with my friends. When I woke up, I stayed up with Seojun so he won't get bored driving since Kai also fell asleep. We have been talking for an hour about anything we just think of. I also took photos of the people sleeping. I don't know if they looked cute or weird.

"I can't believe you're friends with famous people in South Korea. Now I really don't have a chance." he said.

"What?" I pretended not to hear.

"Nothing..." he said quickly as he loosened his stiffness.

"Oh! We're here!" I screamed which made Cassie, Ella, and Kai-oppa to wake up.

"Yes!!!" Ella exclaimed.

The engine stopped as we arrive in front of our beach house.

"Daebak!" I heard Kai say. "I wish I also had a beach house." He said as he faced me. I just smiled.

When we were about to get down, Seojun helped me with my bags while Kai helped Ella and Cassie.

We have the place for ourselves for the weekend.

"Alright, who's going to cook the food?" Suho-oppa asked everyone. Everyone pretended not to hear.

"I want to taste Kyungsoo-oppa's cooking!" Cassie said and Kyungsoo-oppa walked sluggishly to the kitchen.

Once in a while, I try to look at Kai-oppa. He looks gorgeous in everything he wears. Right now, he's wearing casual clothes yet I still feel like it could pass as airport fashion. It's just the way he stands, it's so proper that I'd think he was more sophisticated than he is. I hope he doesn't catch me looking at him.

"Here, Aria." Seojun approached me with a glass of water.

"Thank you!" I smiled, blushing at his gentle act.

"Aria..." Seojun called me again. This time, he offered a flower that I think he picked out from somewhere. I laughed as I told him to put it on my ear. It was a huge yellow flower, the one you often see people wearing on their ear. "Thanks again." I giggled. Everyone teased and Seojun got quickly embarrassed. I just laughed it off since Seojun was so adorable getting embarrassed.

Everyone was so excited to go to the beach that they didn't even bother asking where they will be settling in. I sat on our couch, admiring everyone's happy faces as I turned my eyes to Kai-oppa who was also looking at me. He smiled so I smiled back. How long was he looking at me? I feel so awkward and embarrassed mainly because I thought there was something when there was really nothing. He started walking towards me, causing me to stiff in my position.

"Aria! Want to go to the beach?" Seojun suddenly asked, switching my attention to him.

"Yeah, sure." I said, as he offered his hand which I took. I looked at Kai-oppa who seemed to stop at his tracks as he turned to proceed to the ktichen.

We were having a debate on which girl group was better. SISTAR or MISS A. I like them both but since he picked Sistar, I was opposing him by picking Miss A.


"Oh come on. We'll just show Suzy and all of the sistar members got no chance already." I fought.

"Aish. That's not true." He defended and I stuck my tongue out playfully.

"Okay, Got 7 or BTS?" I asked.

"How would I know when I just watch girl groups?" He laughed.

"Ugh... Boys..." I roll my eyes as he pinched my cheeks.

"You're so cute." he said and I just smiled. It was silent after that.

Seojun and I were walking along the beach, both of us not talking. Just admiring the sun. The beach we're in wasn't so much crowded since it wasn't peak season. After a few minutes, Seojun and I sat on the shore, facing the beach and admiring the beauty of it.

"Aria..." Seojun broke the silence.

"Hmm?" I replied.

"I think... that... I like you." I stop as I saw him looking down on his feet. I kind of felt that he liked me when we were in the amusement park but I didn't want to assume so I just locked it at the back of my mind and now that he's confessed, I didn't know what to say. "You don't have to say something. I just wanted to let you know." he said nervously.

"Seojun... Mianhae..." I never thought of him as anything more than a friend. "...but I like you as a friend." I hate myself. I feel like it's going to get awkward after this and I don't want to lose him as my friend.

"I knew you'd say that. You like someone else don't you?" He asked and it made me question my self too. Do I like someone else? or am I just not ready for this?

"I'm just not ready for this stuff." This was the only thing I could think of.

He looked at me in the eye. "Arasseo. (I understand)" He lifted his hand to push back the lock of hair covering my face. "Can I have just one hug?" He asked.

"You can have as many as you want, as long as we both know that it's a gesture of friendship." I told him. Was I being harsh? Well, I didn't want to give him false hope. I sat closer to him as I gave him a hug.

"Aria..." I was startled as I heard my name. Seojun and I just pulled away as we both looked at the one who called me... or at least I got a glance. I didn't manage to see his face because I was blinded by the light. A hand grabbed me or rather, dragged me up. I finally saw that it was Kai who was holding my wrist, dragging me away.

"What are you doing? We just left Seojun!" I said sternly. He continued to drag me, his hand locked firmly on my wrist. He was focused on where we're going. My heart started beating a lot louder and faster that I think my mind got confused whether it was because of the amount of effort I exerted from the dragging or that Kai is holding me. I push back these thoughts immediately because I knew this was something that would just poison me.

"That was wrong for you to do!" my sane mind finally managed to tell my mouth to speak. We suddenly stopped when we were near some rocky figures in the shore. No one was here but us and some kids trying to climb up the rocks.

"Wrong? huh. really?! wrong for me to do? How about you??" His voice were louder than usual that I was taken aback.

"What about me????" I asked him with a much louder voice. I seriously don't get this person, why the hell is he doing this?

"For the whole day, you've been so goddamn inconsiderate!"

"How am I being inconsiderate?!" I asked him.

"Well, first... You had the guts to call me Kai-oppa? You never called me Kai-oppa. You always call me Jongin and then suddenly it's Kai-oppa in front of Seojun?

"In Korea, you're usually called oppa, what wrong with me calling you oppa? I should be calling you that since we met." I defended.

"Two..." He continued without listening to me. "...you were blushing when he gave you water! Then when he gave you the flower, you had the guts to ask him to place it on your ear. You even giggled when everyone teased! Why would you do that huh? Now I just caught you hugging him? Tell me, what's going on between you two because it's getting confusing! Do you just casually hug guys like the other girls?!"

My blood boiled that I couldn't contain my feelings anymore. How dare he say all these things?

"Well... Kim Jongin... You do not have any business in my personal life! In case you don't remember, you're the one who wanted to be just friends. And guess what? Friends just ask calmly on what is happening on my personal life, not lecture me on what was happening on my entire day! What is it that you're babbling anyway? What was I doing wrong huh? Do you think I'm that person to just randomly give out hugs to people? Wow. Thank you! And now you're telling me I'm the confusing one? Who suddenly dragged someone away from another person and just started yelling stuff that sounded like the thoughts of an overly-jealous boyfriend huh? You're the one who's goddamn confusing! Tell me why you dragged me away!"

He looked down, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done that. I wasn't thinking, I didn't know why I did it. Mianhae. I'll walk you back." He grabbed my arm lightly and escorted me back to the house. He let go of my arm as soon as the house was on sight. We didn't talk the whole way. He was making me wonder. I wish I could know his thoughts. He was just looking straight ahead the whole walk back to the house and when we arrived, he apologized again and went to their room.

Seojun approached me immediately. "What happened?"

"He just wanted to talk." I told him.

"Oh... Are you alright?" He was worrying.

"I'm fine, just a little tired is all... I'll be going to bed now." I went inside my room and flopped on the bed.