15: Confusion

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

안녕! Hey guys! It has been a busy week for me ㅋㅋㅋ two more terms and I'll be graduating! Lol how's your school guys? It has also been a difficult time for exo since another issue has come up. What are your thoughts about BaekYeon? Anyway, Here is a new chapter! :) send me some feedbacks! :)

 

Two weeks passed but there was still no contact with any of the exo members. It made me depressed for a week until Ella decided that I shouldn't mope around and focus on looking for schools that we'll be going. I knew that having an exo member reciprocate your feeling was too good to be true, yet I was still giving Jongin the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to think that he's just gotten so busy with all the concert rehearsals. Ella and I have been looking for schools and taking entrance exams for our college until we have finally received a letter that we got accepted to Carterson University. Today was the orientation. We entered the college where students were greeting us, assisting us where to go. The orientation was inside the campus gym. They asked for our enrollment form which had our respective blocks. They call it blocks in college instead of sections. To our disappointment, Ella and I are in different blocks. Two students guided us both to where we're supposed to be. I sat at an empty chair in a row which read 'CD12' which was my block number. "Aria." Someone called my name. I looked to see that the person who called my name was the Korean guy from the thanksgiving dinner a few days back. "Ah... Park Seojun!" I stood up to acknowledge him. "Are you CD12?" He asked. 
"Yes, you're here too?" I replied. 
He smiled, "Yes. Can I sit beside you?"
"Of course!" I said in excitement. It's a good thing that I know someone. I would've been the awkward girl who would be alone. "Wow. You really went to Carterson-U?" I added.
"Yes. It was also my parents' decision." He shared. "How was our school in Korea? Did you like studying there?" He asked.
"Your school is wayyyyyy bigger than ours! And I love how it's almost close to everything!" I complimented. His question brought me memories. Memories difficult to forget. The longing of seeing or even hearing someone hurts more than any other thing in the world.
"I love how welcoming your school is. People are nice." He complimented.
"Thanks. They're nice people." I added.
"What time does this end?" He asks.
"I don't know... Maybe 3 in the afternoon." I replied.
"Want to go hangout after this?" He nervously asked.
"Uh... Sorry... I can't... I have to get back home right after. Next time, maybe." I told him.
"It's alright, I understand." He asked.
A person suddenly called all of our attention. The person said that the orientation was about to begin and so it did. There were games and trivial about school. They had us touring around the campus to know the in and out of it. It was fun but it was more exhausting. The day passed and Ella and I are already going home. My dad picked us up since Ella asked her parents if she can hangout on our house. Her parents would even approve even without permission but we still ask for formalities. They approve of our friendship especially because we're one hell of a tandem when we do good and bad things. I smile at the thought that despite everything, I still have my family and my friends. Cassandra was going to hang out with us too. When we arrived at the house, she was already there with my mom making some snacks.

"Hey guys!!" She screamed. We haven't seen each other since we left for Seoul.
"I miss you so much, Cassie!!" I said, hugging her as tight as possible.
"Aria, don't kill me." She said as she pats my back. I released her from the hug and Ella and Cassie hugged as well.
"Let's go upstairs." I told them but they were already ahead of me, going towards the stairs. I followed them after getting our snacks from mom. They're practically an extension of our family which means they knew the in and out of our house, not that it's big enough to memorize. We flop on my queen sized bed.
"How was Seoul? What the hell guys! You were with exo! And not just for a day. You girls are lucky as hell." Cassie said. Her words immediately made me picture Jongin. I wonder what he's doing right now. Is he thinking of me too? No, that's impossible. He's busy and he dedicates himself to his work. He wouldn't think of anything else besides dancing right now. Ella spoke and explained everything. Hearing our story from Ella had made me realize how impossible it all seemed. I mean, how can your bias be friends with you? How can an idol love you? That's impossible. It seemed like a Fanfiction while I was hearing it. The fangirl meets her idols and falls in love? That only happens in movies and novels. Not in reality. But it did. And it was amazing until you finally came back to your old reality.
"Has he texted?" Ella asked as she squeezed my hand. I checked my phone to see but there was none. I shook my head.
"I knew it was too good to be true." I said, fighting back the tears that was forming on my eyes.
"Let's just go watch a movie or something." Cassie immediately released the conversation.
"That's a great idea!" Ella added. Cassie went to open my telly. It was on a Korean channel and it was kpop news. We all looked and saw that they were talking with Kai. Cassie immediately turned the volume up. I think the channel was Arirang because they were speaking in English.

"So, you're saying that this photo is false?" It flashed the photo of us two on the airport when we kissed. I immediately felt nauseous.
"Ne. We weren't kissing. I think that it was just a play on the angle. Aria was just a fan that Exo got close with during her stay and that's all there is to it," He had a passive face. He looked so serious. I felt my heart shatter into million pieces. My head started pounding and my chest felt as if it was already struggling to help me breathe. I close my eyes, unable to register what was happening but as I close it, tears started falling. Ella immediately hugged me. How can Jongin say those words? Cassie joined to hug me tightly too which made me cry more.
"Come on, Aria. Stay strong." Ella whispered on my ear. "You and him both know it wasn't just hanging out that happened between you two. You guys have fallen for each other and I can attest to that." Ella added. It still hurts. There's a pain in my chest that makes it hard to breathe. I gasp for air, struggling to retain my normal breathing pattern but I can't. His words cut like knives. Maybe this was the reason why he hadn't contacted. Because he was done with me. Why did I believe such false sentences. He said he loved me but I guess that was a lie. I don't know which things were true and were not. This was worst than anything I've ever had my heart broken for. I guess it hurts more when you think that there's something but there wasn't.
"You know your words won't help me right now, right?" I struggle to say.
"I know... I just... Tried..." Ella said, looking so sad.
"All we can do now is to hug you and be there for you even without words." Cassie says and I nod. Thankful that they're here.
"Please don't tell my parents." I asked.
"We won't. We promise." They both said in unison. A few hours later, Cassie went down to get some water while Ella stayed with me, curled up on my bed.
"It's getting late, I think you and Cassie should go home." I told her. My voice sounded so nasal that even myself was having a hard time registering what I said.
"Will you be okay?" Ella asked.
"No..." I stated. There was no point on lying to your best friends. "...but I'll call you when it gets too hard to handle. I just want to be alone for some time." I reassured her and she nods.
"Okay... Call us, okay?" I nodded. Cassie finally went back and gave me some water. It was hard to breathe because the pain was still there and that my nose was clogged already. I could feel my eyes getting puffy. Cassie and Ella went home but not before staying a few more minutes asking if I was really going to be fine alone. I wanted some time alone.
As soon as they left, I screamed on my pillow. I wanted to let it out. It was so stupid of me to believe that I actually had someone reciprocate my feelings everything was too good to be true. I held the stuffed toy that Sehun had given me on my graduation and squeezed it tightly. Suddenly, the stuffed toy spoke. I could hear Chanyeol-oppa's voice from it. "Annyeong little sis! Always smile and stay happy. Araseo? Exo will miss you." I smiled at his message as tears started to flow out of my eyes again. I had forgotten about this. I tried squeezing again but it was always Chanyeol-oppa. How can Sehun give me something with only Chanyeol-oppa's voice? I tried squeezing its right hand because I felt something hard on it. I think it was customized because now, Suho-oppa was talking. "Aria!  축하해요! [congratulations!] I hope you succeed on your life. Exo will always be there to support you. Hwaiting!" How can you support me oppa? You're miles away. All the stuffed toy's major body parts consisted of different voices. Sehun's message was on the left cheek of the toy. "Aria! 축하해요! [congratulations!] YEHET~ I will miss you Aria. Thank you for choosing me as your bias. You're my bias too." He laughs, "Don't forget about me araseo? I'm just a call away. You know my number. 사랑해요. [I love you.] YEHET~" I smile at his message but frowned immediately. Sehun-ah if you're just a call away then why won't you answer my calls? I tried to get to you. Ironically, Kai's message was on the heart of the stuffed toy. I didn't want to listen to him because his voice sends me pain like someone's stabbing my heart multiple times. Not that I've felt it but I feel like it's the same feeling. It's killing me and I guess there's no other way to put it. "Aria... 축하해요! [congratulations!] Spending time with you was the most fun I've had in months. You're a stress reliever." His words made it hurt more. I didn't know if it was a lie or not. "Everytime I see your smile, it brightens up my day too. So don't forget to smile, araseo? This recording is only capable of one minute so I'm telling you everything I can't say now. I want you to smile but I feel so selfish that I don't want other guys to be the reason you're smiling. I want it to just be me. I can't tell you my real feelings now because I don't want you involved in the media. Whatever happens, please know that I've fallen for you and it's taking every strength of my body not to run to you and kiss you again. And it hurts but I have to protect you from the media that has destroyed most of my relationships. Wait for me araseo? Don't date other guys, jaebal. 사랑해요. [I love you.]" I can't deny that this made my heart flutter but his message only made me more confused. What will I believe now? Is he still really protecting me? Or does this recent interview of his show his real feelings? I scream, covering my face with a pillow.