10: Invitations

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

Hi guys! Here's another chapter!! :) Let me know what you think! :)

 

Weeks passed and Exo was back to being busy again. Ella was always out with Riley and I'm left at home, alone. Ella insisted that I'd go with them but I refused to. I wouldn't want to be the third wheel of anyone. It was our school holiday today so we have a free Wednesday. I decided to go out and head to the mall to buy some souvenirs to bring back for my family and friends in Philippines. I bought some Korean food for my brother, clothes for my friends and house stuff for my parents. Hours of walking and I finally decided to go and eat on some random restaurant that looked good. Not a lot of people was there because it was a weekday. I sat on a booth and scanned the menu the waiter gave me.
"You shouldn't eat alone, you know." Chanyeol-oppa was in front of me, slipping inside the seat of the booth I picked.
"Annyeong oppa." I greeted. He smiled, "Annyeong lil sis."
"Why are you here?" I asked.
"I'm tasked to buy the food today. I went alone because everyone was exhausted, no one wanted to go with me." He frowned.
"Oh... So sorry."
"It's alright. Oh by the way, Aria, we're inviting you and Ella to the SM Ent. Jamming on 27th of March. Hope you can go. We have you guys on the list so you just need an I.D. for verification. We'll give you the address and name of the place as soon as they announce where but we know it starts at 6 o' clock at night. I'll be doing a solo and Kai and Sehun will sing together and the other also paired up except for Kyungsoo, Luhan, Chen and Baekhyun who's also going solo." He invited. March 28th is the date of our departure for Philippines.
"What time does it end?" I asked.
"About 11 or 12... Why?" Oppa asked.
"Our flight to Philippines is on 28th of March, 2am in the morning. So we may be leaving before it ends." 
"You're going home already?" He looked so surprised.
"Yeah, please don't tell anyone else. I want to personally tell them." Oppa nodded.
"Any requests for the jamming? Since you're going  I can sing one song for you if you want."
"I'll think of something and then tell you immediately. Thank you oppa! See you!" He pinches my cheeks lightly, "Bye, my take out's ready." He got out to the booth and a waiter handed his order. He walked out of the store just as my ramen was served. It was glorious that I decided that this would be my favorite restaurant.
Two weeks before our departure and it was already our graduation on our school here in Seoul. I found out that I was second on the class and Sophia, our roommate was the first. She had to make a special speech for the whole foreign exchange class. We would also be graduating together with the other seniors in school. I called my mom and told her that I was second in class and she cried on the other line. She told me every one misses me back home, and I couldn't help but cry too. As much as I enjoy South Korea, I also miss my home town. I thought I wasn't going too, but I did anyway. It wasn't hard when I'm with someone, but when I'm alone, I could see my family's faces, all with glee. The ceremony was going to be big since there were lost of senior on the school. Our teacher from Philippines would be the one to represent our parents. I felt worse because I knew my mom wanted to go with me up on stage, claiming my medal for honors. I told my mom that I'd wished she was there with me but she was always the one to comfort me and said that there was a bright side to my Korea trip. One, is it was good for applications and that she knows it's my dream to go here and that I'd get to cross that out of my bucket list. On our graduation day, I felt surprised because the exo members were actually there to watch our graduation. Ella told me that she invited them. They were making quite a buzz on the venue so guards were added on their seats. When our graduation was over, exo gave Ella and I a bouquet each. Ella got two because of Riley and I also got a teddy bear from Sehun. He had a hidden message inside the clothing of the bear and he told me to read it when I'm on the airplane back to Philippines. I thanked them all, especially Sehun and Jongin who had been my best friends ever since I came here. Jongin still didn't know that I was going back to the Philippines so he asked me what I'll do after high school. I told him I was going to go get a pre-law course and he enumerated some good schools in Seoul. He also invited me to the jamming but I told him that Chanyeol already told me about it and that we're going. Everyone was happy. Suho-oppa promised to treat me dinner because of my graduation and we were going to a buffet tonight. Ella is bringing Riley tonight so I'm hoping exo will entertain me so I won't get left out. We changed our clothes and met up with exo at the buffet restaurant. Sehun fetched us outside to bring us to another room exclusive just for us. I spotted Jongin, talking to a girl. She looked familiar. I think I've seen her before.
"That's SM's new recruit. Seo Hye-bom." Sehun whispered. I didn't realize that my looking from the distance was evident. "You like him don't you?" Sehun continued.
"What? Uh... Who?" I said nervously. How can I trust Sehun with my feelings when he is really close to Kai. Getting caught guilty, I decided to tell him the truth.
"Yes. And right now, I'm being such a girl."
Sehun looked at me confused. "Huh?" He said.
"I'm getting jealous right now." I admitted, not tearing off my gaze to Kai. We walked to the buffet and picked some food.
"Do you eat when you're depressed?" Sehun asked. I didn't understand him at first but as soon as I noticed that my plate was already full and we weren't even on the end of the buffet, I realized that I must have done it unconsciously.
"Woah. I didn't notice." Sehun laughed so loud and was teasing me the whole time.
"I didn't tell you a secret just to laugh at me." I frowned and turned my back to him.
"Hey, Aria. Sorry, you're just so cute when you're irritated and jealous and I don't know. You're funny." He exclaimed.
"Glad to have made you happy." I glared at him and he laughed even more. This guy really can't be serious even if he wanted to. 
As the night deepens,my convos with people got more serious.
"So you're leaving on midnight of 28th?" I nodded. I decided to tell Suho-oppa and he promised not to tell the others because I wanted to tell it myself.
"Who's driving you to the airport?" He asked.
"The school has a van that would take us there."
"Do you want us to drive you instead?" Oppa offered.
"No oppa, you have a performance. I don't want to be a burden." I told oppa.
"Some of them won't be done but I would be the first one performing so if you want, I could just drive you guys there. I won't take no for an answer." I smiled at him. He's really the guardian of everyone.
"Okay, thank you oppa." He pinches my cheeks playfully. "Why are you exo members fond of pinching my cheeks?" I playfully asked.
"Because it's cute and a little chubby."
"I used to be fat so I guess that explains it." He excused himself because he wanted to get more iced tea. I scanned the venue to find Jongin. He was still with the new recruit of SM Ent. I tear off my gaze on them immediately but I think Jongin saw me looking at them. I reached for my phone on my pocket, pretending to be on SNS but I could see Jongin from my peripheral view. He stood up from where they were talking, leaving the girl behind and walking towards me. He sits on the empty chair beside me. "Congratulations Aria!" He pinched both of my cheeks. "Thank you." I smiled at him. I looked down. I don't want to see him. It only breaks my heart more. "Hey," He lifts my chin up using his hand. "What's the matter?" He asked. You. Kim Jongin. I've fallen in love on your charms. But what hurts is that I know you will never be mine. The only relationship we can have besides the friendship is the idol-fan relationship and it hurts like hell because I like you more than that. "Nothing... I just miss home." I lied. He looks at my eyes, and I turn away. "Come here..." He pulls me in for a hug. "I know it's hard and you'll always think of them when you're alone but you need to remember why you had to make that sacrifice and be strong for them." He my hair with his hand. It was the most soothing thing in the world. But I know I can never have this person in front of me.
"Let's go around Seoul tomorrow, just the two of us. Anywhere you want to go. Like what we did the last time. It's our free day tomorrow." His smile was so genuinely perfect that I could've overdosed of him just because of his smile.
"I'd like that..." I smiled back. I could still remember our last hangout that's just the two of us. It was probably the best memory I have of Seoul.
"Great! Let's meet on honeybee at 8 in the morning?" He suggested. I nodded as an answer. He walked back the the girl he was talking to and I decided to call it a night and thanked everyone for the lovely night, especially to Suho-oppa who treated me. Riley dropped me and Ella off of our dorm. I went it first and Ella came in a few seconds later.
"I'm going to hangout with Jongin tomorrow." I shared to Ella.
"That's good! Just be careful okay Aria?" Ella warned.