17: July 24th

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

A few days passed and it was now my birthday. 24th of July. I remember that my last birthday party was my 18th debut. We had a really grand party because 18 is supposedly the transition age of a girl to a lady. Maybe it was just because 18 is the legal age, frankly, I don't know why it was like that. Now, I'm 19 and to be honest, it doesn't even feel like I've grown a year. No one would ever actually feel like they've grown, actually. They would just feel it when they see a photo of them from years ago but not when you look back on photos a year ago. I'm still glued to my bed even when it's time to go to school. I don't feel like going to school but I have to.

"Aria..." Mom comes in my room and I just did nothing but to switch my gaze to her.

"Hi." I whispered.

"Someone sent these flowers. It doesn't have any card so I don't know who sent these." She was holding one bouquet and one flower basket.

"How do you know those are mine?" I asked.

"Well, let's put in to specs that today's your birthday and we don't usually receive these." She placed the flowers on my bedroom table.

"Thank you." Who could have sent those? So sweet. I stood up to check the two set of flowers. One was just plain white roses and the other was full of different colors and shades of carnation. It had pink, white, red, and some striped looking ones. Their both so beautiful.

"Happy birthday sweet heart." Mom leans in to give me a kiss in the forehead.

"Thanks mom." I replied.

"After school, I want you to go straight home, okay? Bring Cassie and Ella with you." I nodded. I guess we'll be having some sort of party today but what about on the 26th? I was about to ask her but she left already. I got my towel from the hangers and went to get ready for school. Minutes passed and I was already just waiting for mom to call me that we will be going to school. She gives me a ride because my school is on her way to her work. I check my phone and saw that I had a couple of missed calls and some text messages. I scrolled and saw that the missed calls are from Ella, Seojun and Cassie. My messages are also from them and checking at my SNS, a lot has also sent birthday greetings. As I was checking my SNS, a line notification popped on the top of the screen. I opened it and saw that Sehun greeted me saying: Happy Birthday Aria, from exo. My heart throbbed a little harder than usual. I do not know what to feel. I'm happy that they remembered but I'm still a little bit upset and angry that they just tossed me out to being a 'fan who they got close with'. Come to think of it, yes, I was just that but was I just a fan who got close to Kim Jongin? Does he kiss all his fans because if he does then maybe I'm really just a fan and I wish Sehun would follow at how Kim Jongin treats his 'fans' and kiss all his fans too if that's the case. I sent a thank you reply to him and it suddenly said 'read' and the next moment was he was typing.

Sehun: how are you?

Me: okay. You guys?

Sehun: still cute. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Are you going to EXO's concert in Manila on 26?

Me: I have plans with family. Sorry...

Sehun: Aw. Exo will be staying there for a week because of promotions. Let's celebrate your birthday!

Me: 정말?(really?) You still have time for that?

Sehun: 네.(yes) and even though you're not saying but we know you want to hear an explanation...

I do. I want to hear what they have to say because it's burdensome to be blindsided on these kind of things. I decided not to answer because I didn't actually know what to say and that my mom was already calling me to go.

I arrived at school a few minutes before the first class. Ella was waiting on the entrance of my first class.

"Happy birthday!!" She screams and pounces to hug me.

"Thank you!" I told her. "By the way, mom told me to invite you at our house tonight."

"Really? I thought your party would be on the 26th?" She asked.

"I don't know either but will you go tonight?"

"Ofcourse!" She says enthusiastically.

"생일 축하해요, Aria!" (Happy Birthday, Aria!) Seojun suddenly emerges from inside the room.

"고마워요, Seojun!" (Thanks, Seojun!) I smiled at him.

"Did you receive the flowers?" He shyly asks and Ella suddenly smiled suspiciously, causing me to blush.

"Those were from you? I did, thank you! You should've put a card saying that it was from you." I said.

"I got shy." He looks down on his feet.

"So sweet of you, Seojun!" Ella exclaimed and I immediately gave her dagger eyes.

"Well, see you in class." He says.

"Yes, thanks again, Seojun!" I wave as he walks in the class.

"Hey... Sehun greeted me today." I told Ella.

"What do you mean?" Her eyes went from happy to confused.

"Wow. After enduring a month of SNS bullying, it's only now that they decided to inform you on what's going on? Nakakainis! (So annoying!) Will you be seeing them though?" She asks.

"I don't know... I'm not even sure if they will really have time for those stuff. I'm actually just curious as to what Kim Jongin's reasons on not telling me before hand that this will happened. Until now, he hasn't even talked to me. I'm just so annoyed at how one minute he's chasing me to the airport and then the next minute, he's telling the whole world that I'm a nobody. Worst thing is I don't know if that was true or not because he hasn't spoken to me ever since." I roll my eyes as annoyance filled me.

"Hey... I'm sure it'll be cleared once you've talked." Ella holds my hand.

"I don't know... We'll see." I say as the bell rings. We bid our goodbyes as Ella ran towards her classroom.

Later that day, mom picked me, Ella, and Cassie from school. When we arrived at my house,  I could here people talking. How many people are in there?  seven? eight? It doesn't seem alot but it's definitely more than my family members in the house. We walked in and saw my family, Ella's family and  Cassie's family on the living room.

"Happy Birthday!" they shouted in a not too unison way. There were background music, probably from my brother, and a few dishes set on the dinner table.

"Thank you guys!" I smile genuinely. I  didn't expect anything for today because mom told me to free up my 26th so I guessed that we were going to celebrate at that time.

"This celebration is not only for your birthday but for your graduation as well. Me, your dad, and Ella's and Cassie's parents are all so proud of you guys." Mom points on us.

"Thank you moms and dads." Ella started hugging all our parents.

"As a gift..." Cassie's mom spoke.

Cassie interrupted her. "You guys didn't have to give us presents... but since you've already gotten something... let's see it!" Cassie hops in excitement.

"We know you didn't ask for this for uknown reasons but we also know that you love them so much  so..." Cassie's mom takeos out a little white envelope as mom and Ella's mom also takes out one of the same kind and hands it to us.

"Open it!" Ella's dad enthusiastically says. We immediately obeyed. As soon as I touched the outside of the envelope, I had a little hint on what it was. When we all took it out, it was a little cardboard with big prints saying "EXO from EXO Planet" on the first line and I read the second line, "The lost planet in Manila." My heart pumps a little faster than usual, I struggle for breaths. What's best about it was it was VIP tickets! Cassie suddenly screams. "DAEBAK!!!!!" she flops down on the floor. Her knees weak. Our parents suddenly broke into laughters. "Thank you so much guys!" I say as I hug my parents and Ella did the same.

"I can't believe this. How did you get tickets? They said VIP tickets were already sold out the first few minutes that they opened the selling."

"Let's just say that three of us had to be absent in the our work just to get your presents." Cassie's mom says.

"So this is why you wanted me to empty my schedule on the 26th?" I look to my mom and she nods.

"감사합니다!!!" Cassie cries out as she's still unable to move from the ground. We join her on the ground and hugged each other. It was a total girly moment but we didn't care. We happy cried with her. It was going to be her first time seeing them live. Ella took out her phone and snatched the tickets from our hands.

"Let's post this in instagram!" She says as she arranges the tickets to her prefrence and takes a shot. We also took a photo with out tickets and uploaded it. The photo I posted garnered a lot of likes already. Suddenly, Sehun messaged me in Line.

Sehun: Hey, you're going to our concert??

Me: 네! Mom gave me, Ella, and our best friend Cassie as graduation presents.

Sehun: Yehet~ What's your seat number?

Me: Row 3 Seats 1, 2, and 3

Sehun: Yehet~ see you! I'm still your bias right? ㅋㅋㅋ

Me: Let me think about it... ;) see you!

I shove my phone back my pocket as mom signals us for dinner.

>>>>>

I tried to make this as exciting as possible haha because this was just a filler for the next chapter! Please anticipate it ;) It's going to be daebak! (Well, at least for me) lol tell me your thoughts by commenting :D thank you! and how would you feel at having another Kai POV? hehe I think that's a little hint on the next parts ;)