14: Back to reality

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

Beware: I just squeezed in some cheesy stuff haha! Annyeong!! I have finally updated(as you can see) because I managed to spare some school time for this! Haha! School has been difficult but manageable! :) Anyway, I hope you send me your feedbacks after reading!! :) Also, please try and share my story hehe. Gomawo! Enjoy! :)


Back to Aria's POV

Heat hit me the moment we went out of the airport. I missed the heat of the Philippines. Our flight only took about three hours but we experienced some air traffic on the way and not to mention the long line of people on the immigration of the airport. Our luggage also took a while to be on the carousel and that's why we got out at 7 already. My family stood on the waiting area. My brother, holding a banner with a huge print of "Welcome back, Aria!" written on it. I smile at their effort and as soon as I hugged them, I knew that I missed their affection. This was my home. This is where I belong, in my family's love. I bid my farewell to Ella as she also went to her parents. We left for home as soon as I did. I felt sticky and sweaty with the weather and thank God for aircons. "Your teacher said that you need to go to the welcoming dinner tonight at 6 in Solaire hotel. The other exchange students are there as well because they would be leaving tomorrow. So your teacher said it was a sending-welcoming party of some sort. She just called me to tell you." Mom informed.
"Okay, I need to rest though. Take a nap for a few hours." I yawn as I thought of sleeping. I am so exhausted! Every time I close my eyes, I remember Jongin in my head. I could still feel his skin, touching on mine. I loved the close proximity we had and I wanted to have him close again.
"Of course, honey. You should sleep well first. I bet you're so tired from the flight." I nodded, rubbing my eyes with my fingers. We arrived at our humble home in a couple of minutes. We weren't so year from the airport so it just took us about half an hour to get home. I flopped down my bed as soon as we arrived. Just wanting to sleep first before doing anything else.

A knock on my bedroom door woke me up. "Aria..." My mom's voice illuminated my quiet room. I looked to see the clock and saw that it was 3 in the afternoon already. I slept for 8 hours? Wow. I must have been really exhausted. "I'm awake, mom!" I yelled. I  changed my phone's sim to my Filipino sim. I opened it to check for messages and got a little excited when I saw a Korean number on the messages. Jongin texted. He must have gotten my number from Suho-oppa. 
His text said: Hello cutie. I miss you already. I'm being a good boy that I beat monggu on being obedient. :D Text me when you can. xo -your dancing machine.

I laugh at his adorable text. I saved his number and he got automatically added on my Line Contacts. I beeped him using line. Starting the convo like a sasaeng fan.

Me: OMG! Is this Kai-oppa????? ❤️❤️❤️
Kai: Hello Aria!
Me: Daebak! Kai-oppa knows my name? Gahhhhhh!!!! I love you Kai-oppa!!!!!!
Kai: -_-"
Me: ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ! I miss you :(
Kai: 정말? [jeongmal?/really?]
Me: 네. 
Kai: 그리워해요 [keuriwoheyo/ I miss you]
Me: ❤️❤️ I have to attend on a dinner tonight with all the exchange students of our school and the school there in Seoul.
Kai: you better not wear anything revealing!!
Me: haha! You're so cute.
Kai: I'm serious.
Me: 알았어!! [arasso!! / I understand!!]
Kai: thank you :) I need to go. We have rehearsals. EXO says they miss you!
Me: I miss exo too! Okay. Bye! Love you dancing machine ;) don't over-practice, 알았어? [arasso? Understand?]
Kai: 네. Love you too babe.

I stared at my phone for a good five minutes. How did I end up with such a beautiful creature as my lover? Are we official? But how come we say I love you already? Is it weird that even when we don't know where we stand, we say I love you already? I call Ella to straighten the situation. She answers after two rings.
"Yeah?" She asks.
"Ella, do you think Jongin and I are taking it too fast because we've already said we loved each other without even being officially together?" I asked her, wanting another girl's opinion.
"Aria. There's nothing wrong with showing your love by saying it because you don't need labels and official statuses to confess how you feel. But you still need to sort where you guys are just to avoid confusion." She confidently advised.
"Alright, thank you so much! See you tonight!"
"See you!"

My parents dropped me off on the hotel where we're going to have a dinner. I went to their dining hall and an attendant assisted me to where my teachers were. There was a long table sets for us. A few people are already there. Our principal, our adviser, some Koreans, Ella, and our two roommates. I walked to Ella and took the seat next to her. "Hey!" She said. 
"Sup?" I asked.
"You better go to the principal to pay respect, and our adviser for attendance." I nodded and went. A few minutes of waiting, some more people arrived. Our table got full. I was sitting between Ella and a Korean girl exchange student. I greeted the girl and we exchanged names.
"Daebak!" She exclaimed. Her eyes widening suddenly.
"What? Why?" I asked in confusion.
"You two went to the Exo day?" She asked, her face suddenly filling up with excitement.
I smiled, no one ever noticed this before. "Yes." Was all I could reply.
"I'm so jealous!" She announced.
"You love exo too? Who's your bias?" I asked. 
"Kim Jongin! You?" I silently laughed at her answer. I miss that person.
"Oh Sehun and Kim Jongin!" She clapped her hand as soon as she heard my biases. I laughed at her cute gesture.
"I heard that Kim Jongin is dating one of the trainees of SM right now." She frowns. Aish. What do I say?
"Really? I heard that it's false." Ella suddenly answered. She was listening at the whole conversation all along. I looked at her and smiled. She knew it was a smile to say thanks. She's my savior.
"I don't know... I haven't checked the news today." The Korean girl said. She took out her phone to check on something. She was probably going to check news about him.
"Oh..." She said, looking surprised. "Look! Jongin was seen in the airport kissing a girl. Aish! There's also a picture!" She stretches her arm to let us see her phone screen. The photo must have been taken by someone faraway because it was blurry but it was also evident that it was Kim Jongin and me, if you knew who I was. The writer knew it was me because the title was 'Exo-Kai in the airport, kissing a fan from the exo day!'. If you read the article, my first name is also there.
"Is that you?" I ignored her question and reached my phone on my pocket. I tried to reach him, sending him messages, but he wasn't answering. He's probably still rehearsing. The girl backed off, maybe coming to a conclusion that it really was me. The dinner started but I'm already anxious to leave. I don't know how Jongin will be dealing with this article. What will happen now?
"Ella..." I mumbled.
"Don't worry, Aria." She said, as if she already knew what I was feeling. I nodded in response.
My phone suddenly started beeping non-stop. All from my SNS accounts. My instagram, twitter, and tumblr. Everybody looked at me and I turned off my phone as an emergency plan since they were all looking but I knew I had to turn it on incase Jongin tries to contact me. Everybody went back to their conversations and eating of the food. It was delicious! But I couldn't enjoy it knowing that an article of him and me might make Jongin's career really unstable.

I decided to turn it my phone on after the dinner. Ella and I were waiting on the lobby for our parents.
"How is it?" Ella checked up on me. I suddenly felt sick as I opened my SNS. Comments of both love and hate filled my profiles and photos. Some were saying that it's a fan's dream that I'm living at right now and that I represent them but that's just a few. I was drowning with comments saying that I was a and other words inappropriate. Ella also saw the comments and she snatched my phone away from me.
"Don't read this. This is bullcrap. You know you're better than all of the people here." We sat down at some chairs on the lobby.
"Can you check if Jongin texted?" She focused on my phone.
"He just texted 'Aria?'" I took my phone back and texted immediately. 
"Uh... Hi..." Ella and I both looked at the person who spoke. He was probably one of the exchange students here in the Philippines.
"Hi! I'm Ella and this is Aria." Ella introduced.
"I'm Park Seojun" he offers his hand and we shook it.
"You're exchange students too, right?" We nodded. He looked like he's in his 19 years. His skin was really light, he was tall, and we could tell he's a sporty one because of his structure. Probably a soccer player.
"I'm planning on staying here for my college. Do you guys have any good college  suggestion?" He asked.
"We're planning on going to Carterson University. They have really good stats on employed graduates." I told him.
"Really? What course are you planning to take?" He asked.
"A pre-law but I don't know if I'll be taking political science or consular and diplomatic affairs. Their both so good." I told him.
"I'm planning to take a pre-law too. You think Carterson-U is nice?" He asked, and Ella and I nodded in response.
Our parents finally arrived and we went home. I waited for a few more hours but he didn't text anymore. What's wrong? Why isn't he texting? He must've been busy.