Letters and Midnight

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)
It was a little past 12 midnight when I arrived on the doorsteps of my grandmother's house. I search for the key in my purse. "I almost forgot." I said as I caught sight of the envelope Jong In had given me earlier. "How can he still have time to write letters?" I grin at the thought of the possible cheesy lines he has written inside. "Could you hurry up and find the keys? It's freezing outside." Ella interrupted. "Oh... sorry." We enter the house after I found the keys and unlocked the door. "Girls?" I could hear the voice of grammy from the kitchen.
"You're still awake, grammy?" I asked.
"I'm just about to go to bed, I just drank water." Grammy replied. She was holding a glass of water in her hand.
"We'll be heading to sleep now, grammy."
"Alright. Good night, sweety." She says as walks towards us, giving me and Ella kisses on the forehead.
Ella and I shared the same room but we separate beds. Grammy had always kept this room for guests or in case we decided to stay there for good, then it would've been my room.
"So, what's inside the envelope?" Ella eagerly asked.
"Let's see..." I said, pulling the envelope off of my bag.
"Didn't perceive Jong In as the writer type" Ella commented.
"Me too, actually." As I opened the envelope, there was just a tiny card and what seemed to be plane tickets.
"I think he gave us plane tickets?" I said. I checked the other card where it only said 'For you and Ella, my love.'
"Is he trying to send us away?" Ella laughed.
I read the prints and it said, "New York." I read it aloud.
"New York? Are you serious?" Ella grabbed the tickets to see for herself.
"Do you know how much a ticket from here to New York costs? Over $300! He's absurd. I want to be his girlfriend." Ella jokes.
"Yahhhh! He's mine." I answered.
"I know. You're lucky. No, he's lucky. Aw damn, you're both lucky." I laugh at Ella's enthusiasm.
"But grammy will never allow us." Ella thought. Grammy had never allowed us to go out without any companion, what more if we're going to the other side of United States. "She would be telling us 'you can't go unless you're with a companion.'" Ella says, copying how grammy would say it.
"We need someone who's been there. Has Travis been to New York?" I stare at Ella, knowing what was inside her mind.
"What? I'm just asking. It's not like I want him to be the one who's left with me when you and Jong In try to sneak out for some 'private time'." Ella says, giving the quote gestures when she said 'private time'.
I snorted, "Why would we need private time? And you know you can never get rid of me. You couldn't if you tried."
"I know. And I love you for that. I just think you and Jong In need some time alone, you know? And I want to have a companion when that happens." Ella replies.
"Alright, call Travis and ask if he could go with us and I'll call Jong In to tell him the plan."
I contacted Jong In. "Yeah, yobeo?" He says from the other side of the phone.
My heart still flutters when he uses terms of endearment.
"Yobeo. Gomawo for the tickets! Ella and I are so excited! It must have cost you a lot." I said.
"It's nothing. I just want to spend some time with you." He responds.
"but yobeo..."
"Hmm?"
"Grammy wouldn't allow us without a companion. And Ella was thinking if we could tag Travis along."
"Is he the only one that could go with you?"
"He's the one Ella wants to tag along. She was thinking that if ever we went out alone then she and Travis could spend the time together. Do you not like Travis?"
"Ani (no), It's just that I feel like something's not right with him. But if tagging him along means I get to spend time with you alone then by all means, let him go with you."
"Araseo, yobeo. Gomawo jinjja. I'll tell them. Good night! Sweet Dreams. Saranghae."
"Saranghae."
Ella was still on the phone with Travis. She was giggling and I signalled her, asking what they had talked about.
"I need to go. Thank you! We'll try booking the same flight or the nearest flight time closest to ours." Ella says.
"So????" I asked her.
"He agreed. He'd pay for it too. He said he had always wanted to go back there and that it was the perfect time to go!" Ella exclaimed. "Wooohhh! I'm so excited!" Ella was dancing all over the room.
"We better pack our things since we'll be staying there for three days! Gahhhh! I've always wanted to go to New York!" Ella couldn't stop talking about the trip. We would be leaving tomorrow afternoon. I went to grammy's room where she was playing with her phone and ask if we could go. She was hesitant at first but when I told her Travis would also be going, she finally agreed. She really trusts Travis like her own grandson.