20: Moonlight

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

I totally forgot that I was simultaneously posting here and in wattpad so here's a long overdue update!

 

A few hours later, everyone was at the beach for the sunset but I stayed here to cook dinner. D.O.-oppa was helpwing me but I told him he can go out with them for a while to enjoy and he accepted it. They should be arriving in a few since I'm also done with the preparations. I wipe my washed hands on the cloth on my shoulder that I always place there whenever I cook.

 

"Aria!" Ella playfully pinched me on my side.

 

"Let's eat?" I asked her and she nodded.

 

"We'll buy drinks for us for the night. You know... for some fun." She winks as she finished her sentence and I chuckled in response. She leaves just as she was singing lucky loudly.

 

We ate in the living room since the kitchen couldn't fit us. Everyone was talking loud. "Guys! Suho-oppa wants to say something!" Chanyeol-oppa shouted and we turned our gaze to Suho-oppa who stood up.

 

"I would just like to say, Gomawo to our yeodongsaeng (little sister) Aria, for the kindness of letting us stay in this fine summer house. I hope we enjoy this little vacation, and we are one." He bows and we clap at his statement.

 

Ella stood up next, a finished plate on her left hand. "Guys, after dinner... let's gather back here to whoever wants to drink. Wooohh!" Ella sounded like she was already drunk even when we haven't started yet.

 

I drink alcohol. In the Philippines, even though the legal drinking age is 18, it is somehow inevitable for 15 year-olds to already try drinking because of too many celebrations where sometimes, their parents try to let them taste it so I'm actually okay with drinking. Cassie wasn't going to drink and so she volunteered to wash the dishes. D.O. oppa volunteered to help with the drying of dishes and agreed to join in the fun afterwards. "Are you sure you guys don't need more help?" I asked. Cassie smiles as she started on washing the dishes. "It's alright! I won't drink anyway. I get allergies. Really bad allergies." She says. "Arasseo. Thank you Cassie." I said as I kissed her cheek. I love my best friends.

 

Everybody was gathered in the living room, sitting on the floor.

 

"Alright guys! Let's play truth or dare. We spin the bottle and whoever is pointed at on should drink one shot and then answer truth or dare. No backing out. Arasseo?" Ella sounded so excited that she had everything already set up.

 

Everybody went to sit in a circle form so it would be fair to all. I sat beside Ella and Sehun-oppa.

 

"It's weird playing truth or dare with the exo members." Sehun whispered.

 

"Why?" I asked.

 

"Because we know almost everything about each other so there isn't so much of a surprise if we pick truth." Sehun replied and I just shrugged.

 

Ella spins the bottle and it landed on Seojun who was on the opposite side of us. Everyone said "ooohhh" as Seojun took the first shot.

 

"Okay... truth or dare?" Ella asked.

 

"uhhh... truth." Seojun replied.

 

"Okay... Who wants to ask?" Ella looked around to see if anyone had a question in mind.

 

"Do you have any girl you like right now?" Sehun suddenly spoke. Everyone looked at him as he finished his sentence.

 

"Ne. (yes)" Seojun answered.

 

"Who?" Sehun replied.

 

"I already answered one truth. I guess you have to wait for the next pointing of bottle to me. Haha" Seojun said.

 

"Aish. Sehun 바보" [babo/stupid] Baekhyun teased and everyone laughed as Sehun shook his head in realization.

 

"Oh... Sehun..." Ella looked at me, hoping I got her joke and I did so we chuckled. "Okay... Seojun... Spin the bottle."

 

"Arasseo" Seojun says as he obeyed. He reached to spin the bottle. It landed on me. Ella handed me a shot which I gladly finished within 3 seconds. After all, it was to be drank bottoms-up.

 

"Dare." I stated. "Give your crush here a kiss on the cheek." Everyone reacted with a "woooh" and I laughed. "Dongsaeng, you don't have too. Your oppa is here to protect you against boys." Chanyeol exclaimed. "Shut up Chanyeol-oppa." Ella defended and everyone laughed. "Now Aria, proceed." She commanded and I paused for a few seconds. All eyes were on me at the moment.

 

I turned to my side, grabbed Sehun-oppa's china and kissed his soft yet bony cheeks for a few seconds. He laughed as soon as I did this and it made me embarrassed, my cheeks red with the blush I felt.

 

"I told you. You will always be my favourite." I whispered after which made him chuckle more. I stood up to spin the bottle and it landed to Sehun.

 

"Waahhh!" Sehun reacted. Ella passed the shot to Sehun and he drank all the way, his face trying to stay completely serious at the end even when the shot was bitter. "Dare." He says without even someone asking.

 

"Alright... Who wants to give him a dare?" Ella asks.

 

"-spell your name in the middle while dancing the wolf choreography!" Suho-oppa. who seated next to Chanyeol, commanded. D.O.-oppa had joined in beside Suho-oppa.

 

Sehun stood up gladly and was already laughing as he went to the middle. As soon as he started, everyone cracked up into laughters, clapping was in order, and Kai was getting hit by Baekhyun due to the fun they're having.

 

"Aigoo." Sehun shook in embarrassment but he laughed with the others afterwards. Sehun spun the bottle before going back to his seat and it landed on Seojun again. Everyone laughed because it's his turn again. Seojun gladly took the shot and picked dare as his punishment.

 

"Why didn't you pick truth? I had a hanging question!" Sehun whined and Seojun stuck his tongue out to Sehun. "Wait... I got it! We dare you to show us who the girl you like is." Sehun nodded at his self-proclaimed victory.

 

"You want me to show you who I like?" Seojun asked to re-assure. Is he going to tell them that he likes me? "Ne!!!!" They said in unison.

 

"Okay then..." Seojun stood from his seat and walked towards our direction. Holy . What is he going to do? He squatted in front of me, his head moving closer to me than usual. I stared at him, unable to predict what he was going to do. He held my chin to tilt my head downwards as he gave me a light kiss on the forehead. I heard some members say "ooh...". Seojun let go of me and went back to his seat. It was quite silent after, until Seojun spun the bottle again where it landed to Kai.

 

Kai looked so serious. He looked at Seojun as the bottle pointed at him and then looked down to the floor.

 

"Here, Kim Jongin-oppa." Ella said as she handed the shot to Jongin.

 

"Thanks!" He says as he gulped the shot.

 

"I choose truth." He smiles as he replies.

 

"Okay, anyone who wants to ask him?" Ella asked.

 

"Did you get jealous of what Seojun just did?" Baekhyun teased and Kai just laughed. Half of the group looked at Seojun while the half looked at me. I flushed in embarrassment so I dropped my head to look on the floor as I play with my hands, nervous at what Kai will say. If this was asked to him before the beach fight I had with him, I would assume that he would simply say no. However, that incident in the beach made me more confuse than ever.

 

"Hyung. 어떻게? (Ottoke?/What should I do?/What to do?)" I peeked through the hair I used to cover my red cheeks to look at Kai. Kai scratched the back of his neck as he replied with a nod and everyone teased.

 

"(Ne. Yes.)" Kai looked down as soon as gaze dropped down the floor. The room was illuminated with sounds of teasing, I was nudged back and forth by my seatmates.

 

"Pfft." I roll my eyes. How can he say yes when he says he wanted to be friends and all? I swear, he's all sides confusing. I am seriously getting annoyed by this person but at the same time, his saying yes made my heart flutter a little bit. My phone suddenly rang.

 

"Excuse me guys." I answered the call and it was my coach from skating. I can't remember the last time I skated. I think it was before we went to Seoul. Much has changed since then. I stood up and excused myself outside for better reception.

 

Coach Riley: Hi Aria. How was Korea? We haven't heard from you and Ella.

 

Me: Hey coach! It was nice actually. Ella and I haven't gone there but we have pasalubongs (present/souvenir from a place you went to and you give to people you left in your place).

 

Coach: We wanted to ask you if you and Ella could join us in USA because we lack two skaters and we can't join the team dance competition without two more.

 

Me: Wow. We'll have to ask our parents first but we surely would like to go!

 

Coach: Alright... Can you confirm tomorrow?

 

Me: Okay. I'll call you. Thanks Coach!

 

Coach: Thanks Aria. See you.

 

I put my phone in my pocket and turned to head back to the house. It was cold outside because of the breeze of the ocean. Plus, I was wearing shorts which made it even cooler.

 

"Aria..." Kim Jongin was blocking the door. He is a sight that always takes my breath away. "Can we talk?" He asked.

 

"What do we need to talk about?" I answered with a question. He stepped closer.

 

"Jaebal..."

 

"Alright." We walked on the shore. We passed through some people sitting on the shore drinking and some just stargazing. The longer I stayed outside, the colder it gets. I wrap my arms around me as we walk.

 

"Are you cold?" Kim Jongin asks.

 

"A little." He puts his arms around me, placing it on my shoulder. Once again, he is more confusing than ever. I didn't know if it was his warmth that made me feel hotter or the fact that he was being like this.

 

"Why are you being like this?" I spat out the lingering thought in my head.

 

"What am I being like?" His voice was low.

 

"One minute you were pushing me off and now you're... I don't know..."

 

He sighed and paused for a few seconds until he finally spoke. "Aria... I was jealous of Seojun. I tried to hide it but I can't help thinking the possibility of me being the one to be able to kiss you again." His words suddenly caught me stopping in my tracks.

 

My knees weak and my heart thumping like I was running for 5 hours straight. He turned me to face him. The proximity only made me weaker but at the same time stronger. It was only in this moment that I felt like I longed to see him this close again. The moonlight hits his eyes that reminded me of stars shining up the sky. I could feel his warm breath on my face. He smelled of alcohol but it was okay because I was too. I didn't notice that I was looking at his perfect lips until he held my chin, gesturing for me to look at him. He bit his lower lip. I used to only see him biting his lips on fan-taken photos and I always thought it was quite y but right now, him doing it in front of me, it was one hell of a y move. I'd like to bite that lip too. His lips were perfectly full. I never noticed that it was this perfect. Right now, I'm looking at his brown eyes which feel like it could see through my soul. It's a good thing that he can't read minds because the only thing in my mind was that he's perfect. His nose nudged mine softly which made me close my eyes like he did. It's weird how when we close our eyes, it is when we find our way perfectly to each other. I said this because as our eyes were closed, his lips pressed against mine perfectly. Like a piece of a puzzle fitted to complete the whole picture. His mouth was soft and warm and amazing. I hesitated at first, what if this turns out to be heartbreaking again? These were my thoughts that was suddenly pushed away by the warmth of his kiss. It was taking my breath away, making it harder to gasp for air. Our kiss was slow, both of us memorizing each other as he slid his hands on the small of my back and my hand grasping through his hair. The crashing of the waves was suddenly gone. For a moment, I forgot that we were out in public. It was like he used his superpower teleportation to get us out the beach and to a place where it was only the two of us. Are we in Exo planet? I've always wanted to go there. However, we got interrupted by the whistling of the people drinking on the shore, shouting complimentary words as they show their amusement. Our lips pulled back as we catch for air but our hands stayed still on where they were placed. His eyes were twinkling from the reflection of the moonlight. A smirk planted his face as he kissed my lips once more.

 

"You don't know how long I've waited to do that again." He said, kissing my cheek.

 

I smile, "I don't understand why you needed to push me away."

 

"I thought I was protecting you because being in the spotlight is both amazing and difficult and I knew it would be more difficult for you but I guess you could call me selfish because I don't want to get away from you anymore." He finished his sentence with a kiss on my nose.

 

"Kinikilig ako sayo. Nakakainis ka." I told him.

 

"What did you say?" I laughed at his confused face.

 

"You're so annoying because you make my heart melt with your sweetness." I said. "I think we better get back. They might be wondering where we are."

 

"Arasseo." He says as he nodded. We walked back to the house, his hands intertwined to mine.