5: Honeybee

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

I woke up with the ray of the sunlight peeking through the windows and flashing to my face. I check my phone, it's 7:34 in the morning. I opened my SNS... Lots of people liked my photos, I check my instagram... Woah! 56 new followers and 123 likes and I haven't even tagged any of the exo members! I looked at the 56 followers. My hands start to shake as I saw Sehun followed me and even Kai, who didn't have an instagram yesterday, followed me! Woah! I feel so famous now! I had two direct messages on Instagram and I checked only to see that Sehun and Kai had sent two different goofy faces of them. I replied with a wacky face and our IG direct message war began. Whoever thought that I would be exchanging wacky faces with them. "Aria?" a slight knock on the door had broke off my train of thoughts. I got up my bed and walk to the door, "yeah?" I say, slightly opening the door. "Want to go for a jog?" Park says, dressed with a track suit. "Oh, okay... Give me five minutes! I will just change my clothes." I say. "Sure." He smiles.

We started to jog together, roaming around the neighborhood. "So, how was yesterday?" He asked. At first i thought he was just breaking off the awkwardness between us but I told him everything, my day with exo, the best day of my life, and he listened cordially at my story. I think he's changed now. He's become more of a gentleman than he was ever. "Hey, after this, do you want to go to school together?" He invites. Wow, Park's asking me to go with him? He's never been the first one to invite me, it was always me who asks him and he would just go with it. "Yeah, sure." I smile. My phone beeps from the pocket of my hoodie. 

'Where are you?' Ella texts.

I slow down my pace to answer, and Park slows down for me too.

'Jogging w/ Park. Why?' I text back.

A few seconds later, she replies.

'Exo followed me on IG! Btw I think Park likes u'

I casually hide my phone from Park's sight, even though he's not looking.

'Omg! Me too! And shut up.' I replied.

'Come. Back. Here. Now.' She texts.

'You're not my mom! But okay. Be there in a few.' I reply.

"Hey Park..." he looks at me, "can we go back now?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah, sure, no problem!" We headed towards our dorm.

"Thank you for jogging with me." Park smiles and pinches my cheek. I blush at his move.

"Thank you too. See ya!" I walk inside our room. Ella was sitting on our bed, an eyebrow up, and arms crossed.

"So..." Ella says, giving emphasis on the 'o'.
"What?" I walk to the closet and looked for a new set of clothes.
"Why were you with Park? Are your feelings back? Does he like you? What did you guys talk about?" She asked without even a pause.
"Can you calm down? First, he just asked me to jog with him, and I said yes..." I reach my phone from my pocket. "And no, how many times do I have to tell you I'm over him? Third, I don't know, and lastly, he just asked me about what we did yesterday and I told him. It was a pretty casual jog, don't make a big deal out of it." I say, annoyed. For the last few years, I have been overthinking things, but now, I've learned, that's why I don't like making simple things look like it was a big deal.
"Okay, don't get mad..." She raises her hands in surrender. "...anyway, I asked Kai and Sehun if they were free today, so we could just hang out and stuff, drink bubble tea or something."
"And? What did they say? I'm betting that they said they're busy today." I tell her, basing my statement on how I think the entertainment business works.
"Well, yeah..." She starts saying.
"See? Told you." I cut her words.
"...But not quite. They told me we can hangout before we can go to school, only if you could get ready now, we'll meet them 9:30 at the honeybee cafe near by." A smirk forms on her face.
"Are you serious? Oh my god. I feel like Sehun and I are meant to be!" I playfully hit her on her arms.
"Ouch! Why do you have to hit me when you're happy because of your crush?"
"I don't know? Because I thought this was impossible."
"Aria, the word impossible also believes in you. Impossible, itself  says, 'I'm possible!'"
"Stop your cheesy words, Ella, and let's get ready." She stood up to look for clothes and I went for a shower.

There was about five to six customers in the honeybee cafe. Maybe this was why they wanted to meet here. The walls were golden yellow with drawings of cute bees, the lights were yellow and dim, there were booths made of wood where you can get much privacy and everything was cozy. Why don't they have a lot of customers? Maybe people haven't discovered this yet but nevertheless, at least this will be perfect. My phone rang as we were looking at the counter to see what to order.

"Hello?" I said.
"Look behind you."
"Huh?" Before I could recognize the voice, I instinctively looked behind. The caller dropped the call.
"Annyeong!" Sehun said. Waving a hand to say hi.
"Annyeong!" Ella said happily.
"좋은 아침이에요." [jocheun achim-ieyo/ goodmorning] I said. Sehun pinched my cheeks, "Yehet~"  he said, and Kai just patted my head.

We ordered and settled on a booth away from people to see.
"How did you guys find our instagram?" Ella asked.
"Well, we have your basic info from the event yesterday." Kai answered.
"I have to say, your English skills have improved." I complimented,taking a sip of my frappe.
"We're taking classes." Sehun says.
"What's your favorite Exo song?" Kai just asked out of the blue.
"I love BaekSoo duets. I also love thunder, lucky and Christmas Day! Especially your dance on Christmas Day, wow, so y!" I cover my mouth as soon as I said the word y, embarrassed of my remark.
"You're blushing!" Sehun said. They laugh in unison, while I was left blushing even more.
"It's okay Aria." Ella assured. I took a sip of my frappe, looking down at embarrassment.
"How long can you guys hang out?" Ella asked.
"Just for an hour. By the way..." Kai looked at me, "...you left your shirt at our dorm. I included it on our dry cleaning. You can get it this Wednesday." He smiled.
"Oh, uhm... I haven't washed your sweater. I'll give it back to you on Wednesday too." I said.
"No, don't bother. You can have it." Kai winks. I could feel my cheeks turning into red, blushing non-stop from the presence of these two. Suddenly, my phone receives a text message. I checked to see that it was Park, asking where I was.

"Aish." I whisper.
"Why?" Ella asked. Trying to eavesdrop on my phone. I hover my phone back to my pocket.
"It's Park, I forgot to tell him that I couldn't go with him to school." I told her.
"Is Park your boyfriend?" Sehun teased.
"What? No! I don't even know why he's asking me to go with him to school." I said.
"He likes you, that's my hunch." Ella said. If he does, why now? Now that I've gotten over him. Now that I had shielded myself from have feelings for him.
"Well, he had his chance." I told her. Sehun and Kai were listening at our conversation.
"Oooooh." Sehun said.
"Everybody deserves a second chance." Kai said.
"Not him." I blankly said.
"That's a bit cold, even for you." Ella added.
"We're friends again now, isn't that enough? Besides, would I give up everything I worked hard for to be better and to move on just because he decided he liked me too?" I asked them. Sehun and Kai just shrugged their shoulders.
"It's still up to your heart, if you ask me." Ella responded.
"Well, right now, my heart believes that I have found the best cafe in Seoul." I said, trying to drop the issue and thankfully they did. Laughing at my statement, Ella reached out for her phone to have some photos.
"I just want a souvenir." Ella said. We gladly posed for the camera. "We didn't think you'll meet us today." Ella smiled while looking at the photos.
"We wanted some frappe and it so happens that you asked so we agreed." Sehun smiled. Kai's phone suddenly rang.
"Yeoboseyo." He said. "Ah, hyung." "Ne." "Ne." He hangs up and looked at us. We were also looking back, waiting for him to say something.
"It was Suho-hyung, he says we have to go back already." Kai said, looking at Sehun.
"잘가요." [jalgayo/bye] Ella and I said in unison. They were shuffling out of the booth.
"잘가요." [jalgayo/bye] They also said in unison. "Your shirt. Wednesday. 7 o'clock at night." Kai reminded.
"Ne." I said, nodding.

Ella and I walked to school together. When we arrived at our class, Park was waiting outside.
"Where we're you?" He asked, looking at me.
I sighed, "Sorry, I forgot that we were supposed to go together." I responded. That apology was just half-meant. I was glad I went with Sehun and Jongin and Ella but I know that it was unfair for him because I had already said yes. "It's alright. There's always next time." He said. I smiled, because it was the only thing I could sincerely give. I'm not sure why I'm being cold with him. Maybe it was because I could also feel that he wanted to be as close as we were before and that maybe I didn't like that anymore. Call me bitter but having unrequited love hurts and I'm not planning to go on that road again much more on the road to shattered hearts because of a guy. I've decided that I would focus more on my studies and fangirling. I know fangirling purely surrounds the 'unrequited love' feeling but at least you actually won't feel that way because of them trying to work hard for their fans. I know it sounds crazy but I actually like the arrangement of being a fan with an idol. I mean, your idols give you lovely songs, killer moves, adorable faces and in return, you fangirl on them which would actually make them continue being as perfect as they are. It's a win-win situation.