Grammy's House

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)
"Make sure to be responsible of your things." Mom says her final reminder as she sends me inside the airport. I kissed her goodbye and went on walking to the check-in counters. From afar, I see my ice skating coach so I immediately waved my hands to catch his attention. In a few seconds, he finally does and asks me to line up with him. "Are you ready for the competition?" He asks. "I'm more than ready." I told him. "Where's Ella?" I check my phone at the moment he asks about her. Where is that girl? Why is she always late? "I'm here." She stands beside me with her luggage behind. "Ahhh... Always the late one." Coach teases and Ella just snorts. "Did you tell your grandparents that I'll be staying with you?" She turns to ask me.
"Of course. And you already know they will say yes anytime." I replied.
"Great. I can't wait to be back there! It's been a while since we went back to the USA."
"I know. I'm so excited to see my grandparents again. I hope they let us borrow the car since you can drive already."
"Well... They can't take us to Disneyland, can they? So I have a feeling they would." She smiles.
"Will Travis meet us?" Memories suddenly washed back to my mind. He was my childhood best friend. He lived in the Philippines when he was a kid but he migrated to the USA since his dad was American and they wanted to settle here.
"I contacted him and he agreed to take us to Universal on a weekend." Ella's smile turned into a huge grin. She had always had a crush on him.
"Don't even think about romancing with my best friend. That's just gross."
"Wow. And that's coming from you?" She raises her eyebrows.
"What are you trying to imply?" I asked, crossing my arms together.
"Nothing hun." She smirks and I can't help but laugh.
"Let's not dig into the horrible past." I said.
"I wouldn't say those memories were horrible, especially for you."
"It was both enchanting and haunting. Now drop it." I told her sternly.
"Alright, alright." She gives me a flying kiss and I just smiled to her.
I love airplanes. I love looking at it from the down the streets as it creates silhouettes in the morning. I love the way it flies across the sky, its engine roaring, and how it covers the sunlight for you when it flies right above you. I love looking at its flashing light at night. And I love traveling by them. In mornings, you could see the fluffy clouds stretching as wide as your eyes can see while at night, you could see the beautiful city lights from the infrastructures on the land.
We endured a 13-hour flight from Manila to LAX and it wasn't so much of a stressing flight since all I did was eat, sleep, watch a movie, read a book, and play music while I casually contemplate on life as I look through the airplane window. I laugh at the thoughts in my head. My watching of a movie got interrupted by the voice of the pilot. "Good morning passengers. We are about to descent LAX. We will be landing in approximately 20 minutes. The local time in our destination, Los Angeles is 4:27 in the afternoon. We will be turning the seatbelt sign on for your safety. It has been a pleasure to fly with you and I hope you to see you again on your next flight. This is your captain, Ryan Marshall. Thank you." His voice surrounded the whole aircraft and Ella and I wore the seatbelts. Ella sat up to fix her messy hair from all the sleeping.
"Has Exo arrived here yet?" Ella asked.
"Yeah. They're staying at The London Hotel in Hollywood, I think."
When we arrived at the airport, my grandmother was waiting for us. We waved to acknowledge her and she hugged me as soon as we met.
"You've been growing. I missed you, sweetie." She says as she hugs me.
"I missed you to grammy." I say as I kissed her cheek.
Grammy turned to look at Ella. "And look at you. It's nice to know you're still friends." Grammy hugs her also.
"So nice to see you again, grammy."
"All the same, Ella bear." She smiles. "We better go since it will be getting cold tonight. They say it's going to rain. Have you eaten?" Grammy asks as we walk and get inside her car.
"Not yet, can we stop by In n' out?" I ask.
"Of course, dear. By the way, Travis called me. He asked if he could be the one to go with you on your skating practice tomorrow. I told him I was going to ask you first."
"He can." Ella says immediately. I glared at her, playfully.
"All right. Tell him yourself." Grammy says as she gives her phone to me. I searched for his name and called him.
"Grammy?" He says from the other side of the phone.
"So I'm your grandmother now?" I .
"Aria?"
"Who else?" I chuckle.
"God. I missed hearing your voice."
"Same. So you're taking me and Ella to our skating practice tomorrow?"
"Yeah. It's just until 11 in the morning, right?"
"Yup."
"Want to go Universal after that?"
"We'd love that!"
"I'll bring one of my friends. Remember Kurt?"
"Oh, you're bringing Kurt?" I said loudly as I wink at Ella. Ella had the hots for Travis and his friends. Kurt's half Japanese and American. God knows how much that mix of genes is too perfect. Ella smiles widely.
"So I'll pick you guys up at 8? Your practice is at 9:30 right?"
"Both correct. All right. See you tomorrow!" He hangs up.
"I really like your friend, Travis. He's nice and everyone in the family likes him." Grammy speaks.
"Well, yeah. He's like my brother." I responded.
"Didn't you guys like each other back then?" My cheeks turned red as I heard her.
"Grammyyyyy... That was years ago." Feeling small, I looked down. I could hear Ella chuckling from the back.
"Oh so you don't like him anymore?" Grammy couldn't take the hint. Grandparents are so straight forward.
"I have a boyfriend, grammy."
She gasps. "You have a boyfriend but you didn't bother on telling me?" Her voice sounded so disappointed.
"I wanted for you to meet him personally before I tell you." I defended.
"How is that possible? I won't be going back to the Philippines until next year." She says.
"He's actually here in LA. You see, he's from a Korean group called Exo. He's a singer." I told her.
She laughs. "Sweetie, Is this another one of your... Who's that guy you like that you said he was your boyfriend? The Hollywood actor? Charming? Channing? Was it?"
Ella and I laugh loudly at grammy's reaction. "Grammy! This is different. It's real. His name is Kim Jongin." I smile at the thought of him.
"Well... Okay... When will I meet this guy?" Grammy asks.
"I'll ask if he's free for dinner tomorrow. Can you please cook for us tomorrow night, grammy?" I pouted.
___
Kai arrived on time. He brought flowers and gave it to my grammy. Ella greeted him and went back to the kitchen for she was helping my grammy on desserts.
"Aw. Thank you! Make yourself at home." She says as she sets down the bouquet of flowers on the table and headed to the kitchen.
"보고싶어"[I miss you] Kai says as he kisses my forehead, running his hand on my hair.
"I miss you too, baby." Giving him a tight hug. "My grandpa wanted to meet you but he went to his sister's place because she asked a favour from him."
"알았어" [I understand] I pulled him to sit down on the couch.
As I reached for my hairclip inside my pocket, the doorbell buzzed.
"That's probably Travis, honey. Please get the door." What? Granmmy invited Travis? Wow. I'm so excited to meet him! But would it get awkward or something? I reached for the doorknob as I was fixing my hairclip. I opened for it and Travis smiled widely. He's grown really tall. I think he's about 6 feet 3 inches? He used to be just over 5 feet 8 inches when I last saw him.
"Waaahhh." My eyes were fixed on the top of his head since I couldn't get over how tall he was.
"I got taller, didn't I?" He widens his arms and I gladly hugged him. "Let me fix your hair, you ." We were still standing on the door and it was getting cold. "Did you miss me?" Travis asked.
"I barely recognized you." How could I? He got a little muscular and his hair was in fixed in a teen yet gentleman way. It was the kind where it's slightly waxed up, some pointing on different directions. "...And of course, I missed you." I reached to his forehead and slapped it. It was our thing and he just laughed. "Grammy's inside. Ella's here too and I'd like for you to meet someone."
"It isn't a guy, is it? You didn't wait for me?" Travis teased. My eyes widened at his words and quickly covered his mouth with my hand. I swear, I don't know how Kai would react if he heard that.
He went straight to the kitchen to greet grammy and Ella.
"Oh, Travis it's so nice you could come." Grammy says.
"Yeah, it is." Ella added. And we exchanged looks.
"Long time no see, Ella." Travis messes Ella's hair lightly. I could see she enjoys the eye candy and his gestures.
"Have you met Kai yet?" Ella asks. Travis shook his head as he turned to look at me. I signalled for him to follow me on the living room. As soon as Kai saw us, he stood up.
"Travis, this is Kim Jongin. He's my boyfriend. Oppa, this is my best friend, Travis."
"Nice to meet you." Kai does a bow as he stretches his arm for a handshake.
"The pleasure's all mine." Travis says as he accepts Kai's arms. "I think we have a lot to talk about." He smiles wryly. Kai and I chuckled.
"Well, let's talk while having dinner because dinner's ready." Ella butts in.
Grammy prepared spaghetti, steamed fish, roasted chicken and mashed potatoes. It was mouth-watering just by the sight of it. I wonder how nice it would be to savour it?
"Wow. I'm so excited to eat all these." I said, taking my seat. Kai sat beside me while Travis sat in front of me and Ella beside him.
"I thought Ella and Cassandra were your best friends?" Kai suddenly whispers to my ear. Ah, I knew this was going to come up.
"Well, he's my childhood best friend. He moved here with his parents a long time ago but since they lived near, we would see each other every time I go here." I whispered back. I looked at him. I was looking for any signs that would show his reason why he had asked. Was it because of curiosity or was he jealous? Only he knows the answer.
"So, how did you guys meet?" Grammy asks as she hands different platters on each of us.
"I don't know what counts but I guess we first met on a phone store in Korea. I was buying a phone there since I would be staying for months. He helped me buy a phone."
"Oh. So he worked there?" Travis curiously asked.
Kai laughed, "No, I just happened to be there." His interacting relieved me a little bit.
"No, he's actually a singer. He's in this really popular Korean Group called Exo. So, anyway it was really casual and I thought it would end there. Then, Ella joined this contest thing where you get to spend a day with Exo. We loved Exo and she and I got picked along with a few others. From there, we got really close."
"You're kidding." Grammy commented.
I laughed, "Does it sound like I just made it up?"
"It's too good to be true, if you ask me." Grammy replied.
"Is that really what happened?" I heard Travis ask Ella beside her which caused Ella to laugh.
"It's 100% true." Ella reassured them.
"Wow. Honey, then again it's really destined for you and Kai to meet." Grammy speaks up. "You're lucky you caught a good-looking boy too." Grammy looks at Kai. "You can call me grammy, also."
"Ah, thank you so much. I'm the lucky one. Thanks for having a beautiful granddaughter." He says. How could he say this in front of them? It's really embarrassing. I feel like my body suddenly had its own heater on. I slap his arm unconsciously.
"Aish. You're embarrassing." I told him.
"The food's amazing as usual, grammy." Travis remarks. "Here, try this." Travis reaches out to me with his fork with a little bit of the steamed fish on it. I reached for it to eat it. It wasn't until I felt Kai's hand squeezing my thighs that it looked inappropriate. I looked at him and immediately squeezed his hand to reassure him.
We had a lot of stories to tell and maybe if it weren't for the time, we would have stayed until the morning, just telling stories and catching up on each other. Travis has been teasing me with embarrassing memories. Kai was laughing at the stories. I couldn't concentrate so much with Kai's hands placed on my thigh, interlocked with my hand. He was rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb and I was suddenly weak. I'm a er for skinship. Kai had to leave at a few minutes passed 12 and Travis offered to take him to their hotel. At first, I was hesitant. I mean, if it was jealousy that Kai felt earlier at dinner, could they have bad blood? Will the atmosphere be nice? I agreed since Kai said he totally thinks it's going to be fine.
"I'll be going now." Kai says, cupping my face with his hands. I placed my hands at his waist.
"Saranghaeyo." I told him.
"I love you too." He kisses my lips and he kept still like that for a few seconds.
"Keep acting like this and you wouldn't be able to attend your concert." I teased.
"Ah,어떻게?" [Ottoke?/What to do?] He smiles cheekily.
"Goodnight."
"Goodnight."