4: Exo Day

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

"Aish! What should I wear Aria?" The voice of Ella woke me up. Today's exo day. I sit up and gasped as I look around the room full of Ella's clothes.
"Oh my, Ella! We have roommates! Clean up your mess immediately." I saw in the loudest voice I could possibly do, without waking up the our two other roommates.
"I will, as soon as I find the most decent clothes I'll wear. Should I wear something exo related? Or would that look too fangirlish?" She asks.
"Just wear something you're comfortable with." I say as I walk towards the bathroom, with my towel on my shoulders.
"But 'comfortable' won't get me noticed by them." I laugh as I close the door of the bathroom. What do I wear though? I need to look presentable yet comfortable. I think I will just wear my sky blue long-sleeved shirt with an owl crocheted in front with jeans. I want to get noticed too but I think it's better to be noticed to how you really are so clothing isn't my problem, it's engaging in a conversation when we get there. We finished after an hour, I put on some lipstick and mascara and I'm done! We headed to the location they told us to go to, there were full of cameramen and reporters that Ella and I felt like celebrities ourselves. An SM entertainment van went to pick us up. While we were in the van, they were briefing us on the rules. Apparently, due to EXO's safety, we're not allowed to wander through their bedrooms. We're allowed on other places only when an exo member is with us. Some people started putting some light make up on us. It was basically just powder for the face and concealer for the eyes. After a few minutes, we arrived in their dorm. The van stopped in front of it. We squeal of excitement and the van suddenly turned to be so loudly.

"Okay, so listen, you will be in the exo dorm from 9 in the morning until 9 at night. We will film only until dinner, about 7pm and then you guys can go hang out privately with exo for two hours. We will be filming your entering the dorm so please look lively and excited like you always are when you see exo." The representative was giving out instructions. Acting happy and lively won't be a problem since we really are happy.

"Hey, Ella... I will be finally meeting my first ever boyfriend here. I'm confident about this." I tease .

"Oh shut up Aria. I will be meeting my husband here. Please tell my parents that I love them, okay?"

"Do you think someone in exo would fall for an 18-year old?" I ask her playfully.
"No one would fall for you even when you're 22 or something." She says as she smiles with glee. We laugh while waiting for the cue to get down.
"We're ready!" The assistant of the cameraman says and we all find our places in the van to look appropriate.
"Three, two, one... And... Rolling!" The cameraman says and the girl near the door opens the van and we go down one by one. We walk towards the door and the cameraman asks us one by one to greet and introduce ourselves to the camera. The girls introduced theirselves one by one and some are interviewed.
"Annyeonghaseyo! Jeoneun Aria-imnida. I'm from the Philippines, thank you for giving me this opportunity! I'm really excited! I hope exo would like me." I laugh awkwardly.
"Wow, so you're the one who got picked on one of the other Asian-country slots. Do you have any specific thing that you would like to know on EXO's dorm?" The representative asked, signaling me to answer while looking at camera a few times.
"Firstly, I'm so happy that SM Entertainment also gave an opportunity to other Asian fans. I'm actually here with my friend, she's the one that made my joining here possible. As for exo, I'd just like to personally see and hear how they tease each other around. How Sehun speaks informal to his hyungs sometimes. I think it would bring a great laugh to all of us." I continue to smile awkwardly.
"Alright, have fun with exo!" The representative says.
"Gamsahabnida!" I say, bowing to the camera.

The interviews finished and a girl rang the doorbell. Chanyeol opens after a few seconds.
"Annyeonghaseyo!" Chanyeol bows as he holds the door open. Ella and I held hands at the sight of Chanyeol. Wow. He's really tall. Especially compared to my height. I'm just 155cm and he's 184! I would look like I'm 13 years old when I'm with them.
"올 해주세요" Chanyeol says. [a/n: Please come in; ol haejuseyo]
We walk inside their dorm, greeting Chanyeol as we walk pass him while he opens the door, being a gentleman.
"Oh, there are non-Korean fans here right?" Chanyeol asks.
"Ne." 6 of us responds. Chanyeol smiles as the response. He look so perfect, he really is the happy virus. His smile never leaves his face and it's so refreshing.
"Well, let's get started!" He claps and everybody follows. He directed us to what looked like their living room with couches and a tv.
"Please sit down. Make yourself at home. I will just call the other members." Chanyeol says.
"Ne." Some girls responded.
"Ella," Aria whispers.
"Hmm?" Ella reply.
"I think he wants us to make ourselves at home because he knows we'll be one of the members' girlfriends." Ella slaps me playfully on my arm as she laughs at my joke.
"Delusional, but I like that idea." She whispers back and we laugh silently at the corner.
"Uhm... Hi..." A girl suddenly greeted. We smiled at her and introduced ourselves to her.
"What's your name?" I ask the girl. She look a bit older than me.
"Minha Pik. You can call me Minha. I'm from Singapore." She responds, shyly. She has really good English.
"Nice to meet you Minha..." Ella shook her hand. "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"
"I'm 20. By the way, you guys have really nice English. Are you from Malaysia or Philippines? Because some says Malaysians and Filipinos are few of the best English speaking Asian countries." Minha states.
"Thank you! We're from the Philippines. You have good English too." I say smiling.
"How old are you two?" She asks.
"I'm 18 and Ella's 19." I reply.
"Wow! You two look so young and cute."
"Thank you!" Ella and I say in unison, our cheeks blushing.

"Annyeonghaseyo!!!!!!!!!" Suddenly, like the knights and princes in fairy tales, they walk so confidently to the living room. Their were wearing casual clothes yet they seemed as if they're modeling for a clothing brand. They're all towering glory of the exo band. I have never seen Asian guys looking so perfectly as they do. They all walk to the girl in the other side of the living room, each member asking for each of the girls' names. It would take a long time for me because I'm at the end. Ella squeezes my hand every time a member proceeds on to another girl to introduce themselves. Until finally, they proceeded on to me. The oppas were really respectful when they greeted. Kris- oppa greeted in English and I did too. I told him his English is good and he also complimented back. A few other members, then came my bias. Oh Se Hun. He is so tall! His flawless face is hard to forget. 

"Annyeonghaseyo,  Sehun-imnida." He shakes my hand. My whole body melts at his touch.
"Annyeonghaseyo, Aria-imnida," I smile at him, still holding his hand. His perfect hand, not too soft, not too masculine, just the right amount of iness needed. Im not overreacting. He could practically be called as the only perfect man in this world.
"You're not from Korea?" He asks, looking straight into my eyes. I melt even more, the inside of my body feeling hot.
"No, I... Uh... I'm from the Philippines." I smile just a bit more eager than usual.
"Ahhh... We want to go back there and go to the beach."
"Yes, we have nice beaches there. I'll show you sometime." I reply, getting back my confidence.
"Nice. Thank you!" He says as he walks towards the other members.

There was only one member left, Kai.
"Annyeonghaseyo, Kai-imnida." He smiles as he shakes my hand.
"Annyeonghaseyo, Aria-imnida." I smile back, does he remember me? It would be too creepy and embarrassing to ask.
"How are you?" He asks.
"I'm doing amazing! You?" I ask back.
"I'm great! Thank you!" And just like that, he walks towards the other members. He must've forgotten me. Who am I to have a significance to him as much as he can remember my name or my face. I guess Park's right. Celebrities like him forget the minute they're done talking to them. I couldn't stop staring at him, but he didn't seem to notice us.

"I think Jongin doesn't remember us." Ella says. I nod, still looking at Jongin. There's something different in him. His moves are predictable and constrained now as compared to when he was alone in the phone store.

"For our first activity today, we'll be playing games!" Suho says as he claps. We clap with him, they look so amazingly perfect, if that's even valid. My fangirl heart flutters every time they talk. I wouldn't think it would be so surreal. I thought that I would just get starstruck by Sehun but all of them are just so gorgeous that anyone who would see them would probably gawk until their jaws literally drop on the floor.

"We'll be playing games you've seen us play. First, we'll play foosball!..." Kris says while other exo members nod in agreement. "... First, we'll team up in six groups with six members each..." He walks to the table in the middle of the room where he got a box. "... Now, there are handkerchiefs of six different colors here, go with people of the same color once you get one." He walks around the room to let everyone pick random colors inside the box. I got purple and Ella got green. Gosh! We're not on the same team.

"Ella, I'm breaking up with you, we got to go our own ways. We're not meant to be. I have to be with the one I love." I say playfully to Ella.
"I agree, I don't love you anymore." She says as she waves her green handkerchief for others to find her. She stands up as soon as she saw Kyungsoo waving a green handkerchief. She's also with Sehun! Lucky, lucky girl.
"Purple!!!" Kris starts to wave the handkerchief. I walk to the towering person waving the purple flag, letting him see my purple handkerchief. I look like 6 years old with Kris's height! He looks down at me and pats my head, "Annyeong" he smiles.

I smile back, "Annyeong oppa."
"Where are you from?" He shows off his decent English with a smirk on his face.
"Galaxy..." He laughs at my answer. I would probably have a stiffed-neck if I keep talking to him more. I look like I'm looking at the skies with his height!
"Cool! Let's be friends." He raises his hand for a high-five which I gladly accepted.
"I'm from Philippines." I say,
"Oh, we want to come back there. There are many exo fans there right?" He asks.
"Thousands and thousands. You really should come back there." I gladly say.
"It's hot there in the Philippines." Someone interrupted. Kris and I look at the same time, "Annyeong", it was Kai, waving his own purple flag.
"That's because there are a lot of hot people there." I wink at him, but I couldn't contain my vain comment and laughed at it. They laughed too. So Kai's the second exo member on our team. We will win this game. There are three fans who's on our team too. Does Kai really not remember me? At least he would forget about my awkwardness right? I think I should try to ask.
"Kai oppa..." He looks at me.
"Alright! Let's go to the play room and start!" We both look at Kris who shouted for everyone to hear, the topic with Kai, dying as soon as I try to talk to him.
Kris-oppa puts his arms around me and another fan naturally.
"Let's win this! Fighting!" He says looking at each of us.
"Ne! Fighting!" I say, my closed-fist gesture matching my 'fighting!'. Kai walks casually beside me, his hands in his pocket.

"How long will you be staying in Korea?" I look at Kai to see if he was talking to me.
"Hmm? Oh uhm... I'm currently studying here. So I'll be here in quite a long time." Kai casually nods on my answer and we moved on to the day with exo.

We played foosball where we got 2nd place, Ella and the green team on first place. I didn't play in that game since they only needed three players per group. We also played basketball, where everyone was seated and we won! Kris oppa was really determined on the matter. The rest of the afternoon were just pure competition, and the more it gets late in the afternoon, the competition goes more intense.

"I think we're going to beat you." Ella proudly says.
"Well, let the points decide. I think we're ahead of you guys." I say, winking and she laughs.
"Hey... Sehun's so funny and mischievous! Like he always pranks us especially Kyungsoo." Ella shares.
"That's why he's my bias! I love his humor! Maknaes are funny! Kai was also making fun of Kris oppa and oppa was just staring at him blankly and Kai would laugh at oppa again." 
"This is the best day of my life!"
"Me too. Thank you for bringing me along." I say to her, smiling. If it wasn't for Ella, I wouldn't have been breathing the same air as exo. I'm so happy I could just die here!
"Well, it's our teams turn to compete to each other. I think you know that we'll win."
"In your dreams, Ella." we wave goodbye and went back to our group.

We were waiting for the tug of war rope to be assembled when someone whispered on my ear. "Are you guys best friends?" The creepy whispering was from Kai.
"Oh, you were looking at us?" I face him, his eyes locked on mine. Wow, his eyes are wonderful. They're like stars shining from the sky at night.
"I just happened to see. So are you?" He replies.
"Yeah, since 4th grade. Why?" I break my gaze and looked back to the rope being assembled, feeling flushed at our eye contact.
He coughs, "Nothing."
"Yah! Do you have a crush on Ella?" I look strikingly at him.
"What? Aniyo! Why would you think that?" He strikingly looked back too.
"It's okay if you do, she smart, funny, nice, caring..." I playfully tease.
He cuts my sentence, "Aigoo! I. Don't. Like. Your. Friend. Araseo?"
"Okay, okay. You don't have to be so defensive." I chuckle while turning back at him, he laughs silently too. A few seconds, he pinches my arm playfully.
"Yah!! 왜? [Wae? Why?]" I glared at him, but he was just laughing and I couldn't hold back the laughter too.
"Let's be friends." I look at him and nod, following some laughter as I pinch him back playfully.

"Alright, the top two team with highest points, will play tug of war to know who will be our champions! Kris oppa's team and Kyungsoo's team!" Suho says. We took our places, Kai was in front, then three girls behind him, I was next to the another fan and Kris was behind me, placing on the last. I look at Ella on the other side who was whispering something to Sehun. How dare that girl! Haha!

"Aria!" Sehun suddenly calls my name. I die a little bit, heart pounding. I love the sound of him saying my name. I look at him, blushing even when he's on the other side of the room, standing as our competitor. When he saw that I was looking, he winked at me. Blood rush through my whole body, I can feel the hotness as he winked. Oh my god! Perfection! Ella and Sehun smirked at me, clearly knew how weak I felt when he winked. I decided to take revenge.
"Kris oppa..." I whisper to him.
"Ne?" He answers.
"See that girl in front of Sehun? Call her, her name is Ella, she my friend, and then give her a flying kiss. She will surely melt." I say chuckling.
"Ella!" Kris-oppa shouts and Ella had the same look that I think I looked like when Sehun called me. Oppa gave her a flying kiss and her cheeks turned tomato red in an instant, her stance weakened at oppa's gesture. Oppa and I smiled cheekily at each other.
"Hana... Dul... Set... Net!" We started the tug of war, our hands, strongly gripping on the rope, other exo members cheering for two teams. The longer we pull, the hotter my hands felt and was hurting. And finally, after minutes of constant pulling, we fall back, our butts sit flatly on the floor. Everyone congratulated us, so I guess we won? Kris oppa stands up, offering a hand to me and the girl beside me, Cheng Fei. Oppa helps us up and raised our hands to show our victory.
"Yes!! Champions!! This is my style!" Kris oppa shouts in glee, I laugh. Our team forms in a circle and started hoping with happiness, while shouting "woooooo!"
"Group hug!" A Cheng Fei shouts and everyone gladly compressed into a hug. Yes!!! A hug with exo! A fan's dream come true!

The awarding ceremony had finished, the fans who was on the winning team had a paper bag of freebies. I haven't opened it yet but I'm pretty sure this will be something to treasure. We proceeded to the kitchen where food was served, chicken, shrimp, lobster, chicken, pork, fish, chicken, rice, vegetables, soup, noodles, chicken, and chicken was served. Like literally, the table was half different dishes, half chicken. I feel like Kai asked for this.

"Was this your idea?" I chuckle, sitting beside Jongin.
"I wish it was, but it's not. But I'm happy! This is heaven!" He says, hungrily looking at all the chicken.
I chuckle, "You'll grow wings after five pieces of chicken."
"I already have angel wings." He says, winking at me.
"Aish." I say, he hears my remark and he starts laughing which also made me laugh. I took my phone out, since it's like a feast of food, I will be taking pictures of this memory. I took a few pictures of the food and proceeded on taking pictures of exo secretly, paying special attention to Sehun who's in front of me.
"If you want a photo with him, I'll tell him, you don't have to be all creepy." Kai grins as he steals my phone and started taking selcas.
"Aish. Mind your own business... But please help me have a picture with him!!! Jaebal!!!" I say, showing out my cute begging puppy face.
"Stop that. It's not good aegyo..." He teases, I pout. "...but since you said please, let's go to him after dinner." He smiles at me.
"Yehet~" I say, stealing my phone back from him as he laughs at me.

When the dinner was finished, the camera crew packed up and I took a photo with all the members, Kai as my camera guy. It was already dark outside, I could tell from the windows.
We went outside since the exo was not scattered, we went looking for empty chairs. We found chairs at their backyard and we sit there.
"Yehet~ I have a picture with exo!" I cheerfully say.
"Yah! We don't have one yet!" Kai says.
"We do! A few days ago, we had a photo." I tell him.
"But that was from the phone store! Today's different!" He says.
"Wait, you remember me?" I clearly thought that he didn't, since he didn't say anything this morning.
"Of course! You're Aria, the awkward girl from the phone store."
"Yah!! I'm not awkward!" I defended.
"That's what you said, I'm just copying you." He laughs as he steals my phone from my hands.
"Aish! Why do you always steal my phone?" He suddenly snaps a photo of me, letting me see it. I looked annoyed at the photo which made Jongin laugh.
"You're so funny you know that?"
"Mah jah." [i know] I say, grinning at him.
"Let's take selcas." Oh my god. This guy. I didn't know he was also funny, almost as funny as Sehun. We pose for the selcas, he instructed a few poses like doing a peace sign, no smile pose and some others. We laugh as we check our ridiculously looking selcas.

"Yah! We have bubble teas for you guys! Sehun paid for them." Ella suddenly walks toward us with Sehun walking beside her, offering the bubble teas.
"Gomawo." Jongin and I say in unison. Ella and Sehun sits beside us.
"Did you have fun?" Sehun asks me. I could feel my blood raise again, my heart beating faster, again. I hope they can't see my blushing face on this dark night.
"Ne. It was really fun! How about you?" I ask back.
"Ne. But I'm tired." He sighs.
"An hour more and it's done. You can rest then." I smile sincerely.
"Hey, Sehun... Did you know that Aria likes you the most in exo." I suddenly shot Ella a death glare.
"Yah!!!! 주글래???? [joo-geul-lae??? Do you wanna die???]" they all looked at me and laughed so loudly. Looking at them laughing, I laugh too, pushing aside the embarrassment I felt when Ella made that statement. I finished my bubble tea but there were still a few tapioca pearls and I decided to shoot one to Ella using my straw and it landed on her cheek.
"Eeeewwwwww! Aria!! You're so gross!" Ella screams as she takes out the tapioca from her cheek. I laugh loudly and they laughed even harder, and Sehun who saw that moment while he was drinking bubble tea, splashed the tea from his moment accidentally to the direction of Kai and me.
"Yucckkkkk!" I screamed too.
"미안해! 미안해!" [mianhae! Mianhae! / sorry! Sorry!] Sehun repeatedly says as he takes out his handkerchief! grabbed my arm and started wiping the bubble tea splattered on it.
"괜찮아?" [gwenchana? Are you alright?"] Jongin asks.
"네." [ne. Yes.]
"Sehun, you shouldn't laugh when you're drinking." I chuckle at how funny it was, even though I was the victim of it. They all managed to laugh too.
"Aigoo! You have stain on your shirt." Jongin points out to my shirt, it really has quite a lot.
"괜찮아." [gwenchana. it's alright.] I smile.
"It's sticky and cold, come with me, I'll let you borrow a shirt." Jongin stands and grabs my arm, I stood up as he drags me along, going to their closet.
"We're not allowed to go here." I say.
"You're not allowed unless you have an exo member with you. Am I an exo member?" He looks at me, waiting for the obvious answer. He proceeded on looking for a shirt, I stare at him, his shirt and neck soaking wet of Sehun's bubble tea splatter. I reach for my handkerchief, walking towards him.
"You also have a stain you know." I say, patting my handkerchief on his neck, wet of the bubble tea. His body stiffens at the connection.
He swallows, "gwenchana. Here, use this." He grabbed my hand with handkerchief, took it from my hand and placed a sweatshirt on my hand.
"Gomawo, Kim Jongin." I say. He takes out a shirt from his closet.
"Could you turn around?" I ask him politely. He did and I changed from my sweatshirt to his. "I'm done!" I stated.
"Okay, your turn to turn around." Jongin asks.
"Can't I watch? After all, you're still Kai, and I'm still a fan, can't I fantasize about you, shirtless?" I , "besides, it's not like I haven't seen you shirtless before, remember your Calvin Klein photoshoot?" I continue teasing.
He laughs, "you're crazy!", he says, but to my surprise, he just casually removed his shirt and I was left in awe of the perfect body of the dancing machine of exo.
"Do you like the view?" He smirks.
"Psshhh! I should've closed my eyes because... Uhh... I wanted to see abs not bones and..." I started saying but he cuts in, "Stop gawking, your jaws dropped 30 seconds ago." He teases.
"How can you say that to your friend? Aish! You're not a good friend." I say, trying to let the conversation die.
"Well, how can you fantasize on your friend's body? Aish! You're not a good friend either." He playfully copies my statement. We laugh in unison as he puts his clean shirt on. "Come on, let's go back."

We got back and everyone was on the living room. Suho watches us as we descend to the living room.
"Alright, this is the end of day with exo..." Everyone frowned and said "awwww." Suho smiled, "we enjoyed your companies very much and I hope we will remain friends after this. Thank you for supporting exo and we will work hard for you. Gamsahabnida!!" He bowed at the end of his sentence, everyone clapped and stood up from their seats, giving exo hugs.
Kai turned my shoulders for me to face him, "잘가요." [Jalgayo/goodbye]
"Yah! I'll post photos on Instagram so you better make one to get your selcas! Araseo?" [understand?] I ordered.
"Ne..." He chuckles. "잘 지내" [jal jinae/ take care] he says as he pats my head.

We walked home, it was a 30 minute walk but Ella and I didn't mind. It was a cold night, but it was the sort of the cold night where it's nice to take walks with a friend.
"I'm so thankful that you let me join you." I say.
Ella smiles, intertwining her arms with mine, "It wouldn't be fun without you, would it?"
"I enjoyed it a lot! Sehun looked like one of Da Vinci's masterpiece. He's as perfect as I had imagined, minus the splattering of bubble tea, which I thought of as a funny memory that I will always cherish." I share. I can't wait to call my mom and share this day!
"But what's going on with you and Kim Jongin today? Seems like you were really close." Suddenly, a burst of laughter went out of my mouth.
"Am I pretty that you would even think there's something between us? He's here," I stretch my arms to the highest I can get, "and I'm here." I point to the ground.
"But that's what you and Sehun also are." She says,
"Wow, thanks for breaking my heart." She laughs at my statement. We arrive at our dorm a few minutes after, we cleaned up and went to bed straight after, we posted a few photos and instagram, called our parents to check up on them back home, but after quite a short conversation, we both drifted to dream land.