11: Liar liar pants on fire

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

I was at the honeybee at around 7:50 in the morning. I ordered hot cocoa and sat on a booth. I browse through my SNS and waited. I shouldn't be nervous because we're just hanging out but I am. Every time I'm with him, I fall more. The worst part of it was he doesn't even have a clue and he won't ever reciprocate the feelings I have. I, Aria, am torn in an unrequited love again. Even when I know that I do not have any chance on him, I still want to see and be with him. It was 20 minutes past 8 and he still isn't here. I tried calling him but he wasn't answering. At about 9 am, Jongin texted me, telling me they had an unexpected call from the management and that he couldn't go. He said he was sorry and that he'd want to spend time with me on their next free day. I told him it was fine, but inside, I was hurt because I waited for an hour for nothing. I got nervous and excited for nothing. Feeling more down, I called Ella and asked if she wants to spend time with me. I told her what happened and she told me we'd hang out instead. We roamed around Seoul, doing shopping for some more stuff to bring back to Philippines and when we were exhausted, I asked Ella if she wants to go to Chimac restaurant where My love from the star drama buys their chicken and beer. She excitedly agreed and we too a cab there.
"We should buy like 85 orders so we can enjoy Cheon Song-Yi's fave food." Ella said ecstatically.
"Yes we should!" We laughed as we went inside. As soon as we went inside, I suddenly froze on my steps. Because, there, 5 meters away from me was Kim Jongin and Seo Hye-bom, in line for the cashier. "Hey, Aria. Why'd you stop?" Ella asked. My eyes still locked on to Kim Jongin.
"He said he had stuff to do with the management." I said in gritted teeth, trying to contain the tears that started to fill my eyes. I don't like being ditched but what I hate most are liars. Ella followed my gaze and realized what I saw. "Aria... Calm down..." She held my hand. "Let's just go." I refused to listen to her. This hurts so much. He lied to me just so he could be with that girl. I reached for my phone on my bag and called Kim Jongin immediately. He looked at the screen of his phone and it felt like he hesitated a little before answering.
"Yoboseyo." He said.
"Hey, Jongin!" I tried to sound normal, trying so hard to push back the real emotions I'm feeling.
"Hi Aria."
"How's the meeting?" I asked.
"It's still on going so I can't talk right now okay? Talk to you later." He said.
"Is the company meeting in Chimac restaurant and with the new recruit of SM? Because I can see you right now." Tears started to flow through my eyes and Ella, being my best friend, wiped it with her handkerchief. Jongin started to look around until he finally saw me. I hung the phone and looked down. Afraid that he will see me break down. I hate this. I hate being lied to but I can't hate him. He excused himself to the girl and started walking towards me. His face, full of worries. I grabbed Ella's arm, "Run with me in the count three." She looked at me, unable to keep up with my thoughts. Jongin still descending his way towards us. "One. Two. three!" I dragged her out of the restaurant and ran until there was a cab we could go in to. "You're crazy!"   Ella said, out of breath. "Sorry. I didn't want to talk to him." I breathed. We were both catching our breaths. We told the cab driver our address as Ella and I flopped on the seat. "He was chasing us you know." Ella informed me. "I don't care. I don't want to talk to him right now." I answered. Ella didn't say another word. She understood like she always did. I closed my eyes for a minute. "Aria... Aria..." I heard Ella said as she poked my shoulders. I fell asleep without realizing. We paid and went out of the cab because we just arrived on our dorm. When we got out, Jongin was waiting by the gate. He stood straight as soon as he saw us. Remembering what he did, I tried to ignore him and walked pass him with Ella leading the way but Jongin held my arm.
"Can we talk, jaebal... Aria, jaebal." He begged. I looked at him, his face was still so perfect but now he has sadness in his eyes. I signaled Ella to go inside first. "Sigurado ka?" [Are you sure?] Ella spoke in Filipino. It was probably for Jongin to not understand. I nodded in response. She got my shopping bags and headed inside. Kim Jongin stood in front of me. A hand on the back of his head as he was looking down. I fixed my eyes to the pavement, undecided whether I could bear to look at him without being hurt or to forgive him this instant. 
"Aria..." His deep voice spoke. "I'm really sorry. I should've told you the truth, I shouldn't have lied to you. That was wrong of me." He continued.
"That's the only thing you're sorry for?" I asked him sternly.
"Aria, I'm sorry I ditched you and lied to you in the process. I wasn't thinking properly." He apologized. "Please... Forgive me. I don't want to lose you as my friend. Please don't stay mad. Please..." He added. I didn't know what hurt me more. The fact that he lied or that I'm still on the friend zone. I wanted to stay mad but I couldn't. I have never stayed mad to a friend, especially to someone I have feelings for.
"You know I can never stay mad at you." My voice cracked as I let out the words.
As soon as he understood what I said, he pulled me into a hug. "Thank you, Aria. You're such a great friend. I don't deserve your friendship but I guess I'm selfish to want you as my friend. I promise I will never do that again." I wrapped my arms around his waist and just stayed there for a while. We were both just standing there, arms wrapped around each other.  If I had the power to choose, I'd choose to stay here in his arms where I'm comfortable and where I feel I belong. But I live in a reality where no one gets what they want but what they deserve. If I'm not for him then maybe it's for the best. When we pulled away, he walked me to my dorm, thanked me again and left.
A few days passed and now we're only day before our departure. Tomorrow night, we'll leave Seoul and go back to Manila. We started packing our bags. Our roommates went out for some last minute shopping. 
"What should I wear for tomorrow?" Ella was referring to the SM Ent. Jamming that exo invited us to go to.
"Just wear some casual party clothes." I told her. I wasn't planning on dressing up since we would just stay there for a couple of hours.
"Are you out of your mind?" She exclaimed. "It's our last party here in Seoul. It's only right that we dress up for it." She voiced out.
"Here." She grabbed one of my dresses. She threw it on my face. I looked at it and it was the black, sleeveless dress that fitted just until my thighs that was had a v-line backless from shoulders down to my back. It was a gift from herb my 18th birthday. "Wear that." She commanded.
"Fine." I grabbed one of her dresses too. It was a blue tube dress that embraced her body until half of her thighs too. "There. Use that." She smiled as she saw my preference.
"Riley will be there. I've already asked Suho-oppa if it was okay and he said yes." Ella informed me. Great. Third-wheel again. My phone beeped on the top of the bed. I grabbed it and saw that the caller was Jongin. I answered immediately.
"Hello?" I said, maybe too greedily.
"Hey, can we talk? I'm outside your dorm right now." He said blankly. I stood up from the mess Ella and I made because of packing.
"Okay, I'll be there in a minute." I ran down and walked towards Jongin who was outside waiting. I'm also going to tell him that we'll be leaving tomorrow. I was going to tell him on our hang out but clearly, that didn't go too well. So now, I'm telling him that we're leaving.
He was looking down, playing with a pebble using his foot. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. He looked at me worried.
"Aria... Remember when I went here to apologize to you a few days ago?" I nodded in response. "I left Seo Hye-bom in the restaurant. She got mad because I left her without even explaining anything. She's jealous of you. I know you will understand so can you please do me a favor?" He asked.
"Anything for you." I told him. I would really do anything for him.
"Tomorrow, I'll be with her on the jamming, she doesn't want me talking to you." He said.
"So you want me to not to talk to you tomorrow?" I asked.
"No, let's just pretend that we didn't cross each other's way." Jongin cleared out.
It's the last thing I can do for him. It's the only thing I can do for him. Let him be happy even when it's not with me. "Oh, okay. Sure. No problem." I smiled, trying for my smile to be genuine.
"Just until I explain to her that we're just friends." Great. This statements again. Us, being friends.
"Yeah, I totally understand." I flashed him a smile.
"Thank you so much Aria. You're really such a great friend. I don't know how to repay your kindness." He said. And that's what I always was and will be, a great friend. We said our goodbyes and he left instantly. I walked back on our dorm. . I forgot to tell him I was leaving tomorrow. How can I tell him now? I should just sneak in a way to tell him tomorrow or if I can't, I will just write him a letter or something like that. I wonder why Jongin's girl is so jealous. Does she even think for a second that I'd have a chance with Jongin? If she really likes Jongin, she would accept his friends. The day passed by so quickly. Sehun called to tell us that he will pick us up on our dorm and that we should get ready at 5:30 in the afternoon. Chanyeol-oppa also called and asked if I wanted to use my song request 'coupon' (as he put it). I said yes and asked him to sing K. Will's You don't know love. We both laughed as we realized that he was the one in the music video of it.

 

 

 

How was it? Lol please tell me what you think by commenting!! :)