Times Square

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)
"New Yoooooorrrrkkk! Concrete jungle where dreams are made of! There's nothing you can't do!" Ella sings loudly as she tries to hail a cab. When a cab stopped in front of us Ella immediately exclaimed, "Yellow taxi cab! Authentic and straight from the streets of New York!" Travis and I laugh at Ella.
"Calm down, Ella." Travis says, patting Ella on her head. Ella blushes but Travis doesn't notice. Nobody actually ever notice when Ella blushes. She has a good way of acting like everything was perfectly fine and I admire her for that but I can always see right through her the same way she can see right through me.
"Can you take us to Sheraton in Times Square, please?" The taxi driver nods.
I guess we had deep conversations that we didn't notice we were already in front of Sheraton until the driver spoke and said, "That's Sheraton on your right. It's $16." Travis takes out two ten-dollar bills and gave it to the driver.
As soon as we checked-in, we flopped in bed. We got a room with two twin beds.
"Can I take the window side?" Ella asks.
"Sure, you can." I replied.
"When will you and Kai go out again?" Ella asks.
"He said that he will be picking me up tonight and we'll be strolling around Times Square." I told her.
"I want to go to go out and see Times Square too!" Ella whines.
"I'll take you out tonight." Travis volunteers.
"You will? Yay! Thank you!!!" Ella jumps up and down on the bed.
A few hours passed and we were ready.
"I'll go with you guys to Times Square and then you can go explore and I'll wait for Kai on the steps of the stairs near the big led banners. He asked me to wait there then we will go to Serendipity 3 to try their famous frozen hot chocolate." I tell them the plan and Ella nods.
Travis and Ella went with me to the steps.
"We'll wait for you to get picked up by Kai." Travis says.
"No, he'll be here any minute. You guys can go ahead, please." I tell them.
"Alright. Text me when you need anything." Travis smiles.
"I will. Have fun!" I tell them as they walk away from where I was.
I check my phone for any messages but there's still nothing from Jong In. I texted my grammy and told her that we have safely arrived to New York. It was 7:53 and we're supposed to meet at 8pm. I guess I was kind of early. I bought water at the nearest food stand and went to sit on the steps of the stairs in Times Square. Looking around, there are a lot of people. Will Jong In be able to find me? Will I be able to find Jong In?
I texted him. I'm sitting on the steps of the stairs in Times Square. Where are you?
It was cold, maybe because winter was just about to end here. But then again, it was always cold in New York. Time passed and there's still no sign of Jong In.
"Aish. What happened to Jong In?" I said aloud. It was already 8:30 and there's still no sign of his face nor a text saying where he was or whether he will be late.
"I should wait for a few more minutes. It must be difficult getting out of his schedule." And I did. I waited until 9:20 but there is still no Jong In. I decided to text him. I'm pretty sure you've been caught up on your schedule. I have decided to explore Times Square alone. Text me when we can see other, araseo? Saranghae.
Truthfully, there's nothing much to see in Times Square anyway. I mean, yeah it's full of stores and the lights are too beautiful at night where they shine so bright. You wouldn't even notice that it was near midnight because of the lights. I went inside stores and bought some stuff. I bought some lipsticks in Sephora and Mac. I went inside the Disney store where I almost fainted because of how much I loved the place. All of my favourite Disney characters were there and I wanted to buy everything but then again, no. I explore the M&Ms world and I was spazzing at how much that place seemed like heaven. They had these machine that could give you the chance to create your own M&Ms. They would have different colors of M&Ms and instead of having the 'M&M' on the M&M candy, you could put your own words. I put "Kai x Aria" and the M&Ms were so cute!
"Is Kai the name of your boyfriend?" The girl assisting me asked and I nodded and smiled.
When I was done roaming around, I decided to go and eat at Applebee's. My phone vibrated as I eat my fettucine alfredo.
"Hello?"
"Mianhae [sorry], Aria. Jinjja Mianhae.[I'm really sorry]" Kai's voice filled my ear. His words made my heart sting. I have to admit that I was disappointed and it made my heart hurt. How can he make me wait like that?
"Gwaenchanha. (It's okay) But I wish you could've told me earlier."
"It took us forever to end." His voice sounds worried.
"Yeah, I thought so."
"Where are you? I'll go there." He says.
"Aniyo [no]. Just go and rest for tonight. We can meet some other time."
"No, I'm going to you. Where are you?"
"Jong In, please just go ahead and rest. I need to go back to the hotel also. It's late and I'm tired."
"Araseo... Let's go out tomorrow."
"Alright. Can we go on a picnic in central park? What time are you free? I'll prepare everything. I just want you to be there."
He laughs on the line, "Araseo... 11 in the morning?"
"Sounds good. Let's meet at the benches outside the zoo in Central Park?"
"Okay. See you tomorrow. Aria saranghae."
"Oppa saranghae."
"keke..." He chuckles. "I like it when people call me 'oppa'."
"Yah!! Who else calls you oppa? Joo goo lae?? (Wanna die??)" I tease.
"Ani... I meant my niece."
"It better be!" I chuckle and he laughs too.
"그럼 (Geureom), Aria annyeong."
"Ne, Jong In - oppa annyeong.."