13: In pursuit

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

Annyeong!! So I have decided to put on a little twist and add Jongin's POV :D because I feel like the next parts are better off told by Jongin. :D thank you for the comments!! I hope that you keep telling me what you think!! :)

 

>>>>>>>

KIM JONGIN's POV (starts from when Aria walked towards him on the party)


Aria did look more beautiful tonight. I felt like I was harsh on her since I told her not to talk to me tonight. It's killing me because I wanted so much to talk to her. To tell her in person that she looked beautiful tonight and not by text. If only Seo Hye-bom understood. I'll make her understand that Aria and I are just friends. I looked at Aria who started walking towards me. "Jongin, can we talk? Just for a few minutes?" She asked me. She looked more beautiful nearer. I pushed away my thoughts because I know she only looks at me as a friend and an idol, nothing more. Especially when I have hurt her deeply.
"Aria, you know we can't. She just went to the comfort room. If she sees us, it will be chaotic. I thought we agreed on this?" I said, irritated and scared because of the possibility that Seo Hye-bom could walk out of the comfort room any minute. She should've known better than to break the rules we talked about.
"I just need to tell you something." She insisted. Sadness filled her eyes. I can't look at her looking like this.
"Let's just talk after the show please." I said sternly.
"Fine, nevermind. Just... Read this after the show okay?" She pulled out an envelope from her purse and handed it to me. What could possibly be inside?
"I'll leave you alone, but can you please do me two favors?" She asked.
"Okay. What is it?" I said, agreeing right away to avoid wasted time because Seo Hye-bom might see us together. I watched anxiously on the direction of where she went.
"Please don't read my letter until the end of the show." I nodded, putting her letter in my pocket. 
"And second, please don't ask me about what I'll do right now." She told me,
"huh?" I asked in confusion. Suddenly, she grabbed my shirt and pulled me down to her. Locking my lips on hers. She tasted of the sweet strawberry drink that was given a while ago. My heart skipped a beat. Her lips was soft and perfect. I suddenly remembered our accidental kiss on my birthday. It was one of the best parts of that night. She pulled out after a few seconds and walked away, leaving me bewildered and confused. She has never done anything that bold and straight forward in her stay here in Korea. I know because she was always that shy type but talkative when you get to talk to her. She sat next to Sehun, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Sehun wrapped his arms on her shoulders, stripping my heart off. She leaned on to Sehun and wrapped an arm around him. My heart kept aching as I watch this escapade. Is she trying to make me jealous? Is she just going back to Sehun after she kissed me liked that? Does she think that it was just that easy? I stood up, convinced that I need to settle things right away but Seo Hye-bom called my name.
"What time do you go on stage?" She asked. She sat next to the chair I was sitting on. She pulled me down to sit back again.
"Uh... I don't know, a few more minutes maybe. One more artist after Chanyeol-oppa and it's Sehun and I." I told her. I tried to focus on her but my heart still kept feeling like it was being peeled off. I tried one more time to look at the direction of where they all were. I saw her stand up, giving hugs to everyone. Oh how easily does she show affection to everybody. Is that how they are in Philippines? How can she just hug everyone? Sehun stood up and made her look at him. They were inches away. They talked and Sehun hugged her. I think Sehun joked right after because Aria hit him on his arm. A few words later, he held her face and kissed her cheek. A pang of jealousy hit me hard. They can't do that. That's not allowed. I am not allowing those kind of actions. Unable to watch further, I decided to just go to them. I am going to talk to her and confront her. I could hear Seo Hye-bom yelling words at me but I couldn't understand her. I was too focused on watching them.  Just when I was half way there, she grabbed Suho-oppa's arm and they walked towards the exit doors.
"Sehun and Kai, please stand-by. You're next." They told us to go near the stage and wait for next. I searched for them but it seemed like they were nowhere to be found.
"What are you looking for?" Sehun asked me.
"당신은 무엇을 찾고 있는가?" [what are you looking for?] Sehun asked.
"Aria." I told him.
"그녀는 떠났다." [she left] Sehun replied. I quickly reached for my phone to text her.
'You're leaving already?' He asked. 
I texted back, 'yes' 
'Why didn't you say goodbye?'
'You told me not to talk to you', Wow. Not she's drawing the 'rule' card we talked about yesterday? Didn't she break that rule already?
'But you broke that rule already'
'you didn't even wait for my performance with Sehun. I know how much you like him.' I texted her again.
'I can't stay, I have to go somewhere. Sorry. Good luck on your performance.' She responded. Where in the world is she going to? She said she would be here. I insisted on Sehun to dance with me on the "what is love" choreography because I know it was her favorite.
'Go where?' I asked. She hasn't replied and I tried calling her but she turned her phone off.
"One minute till you perform guys." The crew told us.
"Where is Aria going?" I turned to ask Sehun. I was still trying to call her but she wasn't answering.
"Didn't she tell you?" I looked at him, confused. "Oh yeah, she didn't. I know she gave you a letter. Read the letter she gave you. She told me to remind you." He informed.
I was about to get it from my pocket but the crew guy suddenly told us, "You're on."
Our performance was half singing and half dancing. It would last for about 10 minutes but let me tell you, it was the longest ten minutes of my life. We danced the 'what is love' choreography and sang Moonlight by Baekhyun-oppa and Kyungsoo-oppa because Sehun insisted that he wanted to dedicate our performance to Aria and Aria like BaekSoo duets. I don't know why they were all dedicating their performance to Aria. But I'm sure I dedicated it to her because I wanted her to be happy seeing me on stage. When our performance was done, I quickly went off the stage and pulled out her letter. Her handwriting was nice. She has a good handwriting. I suddenly felt worrisome as I started reading her letter. I've got a bad feeling about this.
(Italicized words mean that it's Jongin's narration)
Dear Jongin,
By the time you open this letter, I may be on my way to the airport or at the airport already. My time as an exchange student here in Seoul is finished and I will be going back to the Philippines. You, reading this letter, meant that I failed on telling you that I was going home after the show and that I failed on expressing my feelings for you. At first, being with you and Sehun was purely an idol- fan relationship, and that I wouldn't go beyond that. Then we became friends, we tell each other stories and secrets and we comfort each other. Truthfully, I fell in love in the process. Jongin, my feelings for you were like the first snow fall. First it was just a few drops and then it pours, really hard. I fell in love with your jokes and your act of gentleness on me. I fell in love with the bravery you showed when you were protecting me and your sense of humor and at how you're really talented. I don't know how you're going to react but I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way and I'm confessing to you. But if you feel the same way, (which I doubt you would) I know we'll find our way back to each other. You are my dream. My happiness. But I have to wake up from this dream and go back to reality where I'm a thousand miles apart from you. Geographically and practically. I will cherish every memory I have of you because it was one of the bests. I love you, Kim Jongin, the y, handsome, nice, gentleman, perfect, dancing machine of exo. Till we meet again.
Yours truly,
Aria.
x
(End of the letter)
But she told me she was going to be here for a long time. Three months isn't a long time. My heart started aching again. My knees start to weaken and I was forced to sit on the nearest chair. My chest ached so much. It was hard to breathe. I felt the same way as the time that I had to leave my family for trainee days. It was heartbreaking. And now it's happening again. It's like my heart's being cut into pieces. I need to ask Aria to stay. I love her. It just took me this long to realize that I do. I have hurt her by not being sensitive of how she felt. How could I have not known? I stood up, even with my knees weak and dashed straight to the door. I heard Sehun running after me, yelling words behind my back but I couldn't quite understand it. I ran, my breath struggling to catch my pace, until I have hailed a cab. "Incheon Airport." I told the cab driver. I reached for my phone and dialed Suho-hyung's number. When he answered, I asked where they were and he said that they're near the airport. Minutes passed but it seemed like forever and we arrived at the airport, I paid and stormed right to the entrance. I dialed Suho-hyung's number and asked where they were. He had told me where they were. I searched around, looking for the airline name and it lit up like the stars, leading the way towards Aria. I ran, not caring how much of an idiot I looked. It's a good thing that nobody approached me for a picture because it would delay my pursuance of asking Aria to stay. This would be impossible but I had to try. I arrived at the place and saw that there are not many people where there. In fact, there was just a few left. Here I was, pa thing from all the running I did, my face probably looked hideous from all the worrying I was doing, trickle of sweat dropping from my forehead, and there she was, looking so simple, no airport fashion needed, no heavy make up needed, she wasn't that thin like the other girls, she was short, her face still have a few little marks, yet, she shined like the pretty stars in Seoul which you can only see that it's there when you really pay attention to it. You can only see how bright it shines when you take time to appreciate it. That's how she was. She wasn't one who can make guys look back, but she's the one who can make me just want to stare at her for a very long time. I walked towards Aria, Suho-hyung, and I guess the others who are still there are her schoolmates. "You have my number right?" Suho-hyung nodded in response to Aria's question.
"Take care, okay?" Suho-hyung reminded. What would I say to Aria? I'm not good with words. My thoughts got interrupted as her eyes landed on mine. Her face suddenly looked surprised and Suho-hyung turned around to see me.
"Aria..." I whispered.
"What are you doing here?" Aria asked. I walked towards her as Suho-hyung backed away to give us space.
"I... Uhm... Aria... I read your letter." Her face turned red as I mumbled my sentences.
"Oh god. This is so embarrassing. Why did you still go here even when you read my letter. Oh my god." She covered her face with her hands, trying to conceal her blushing.
"Aria, I love you too. I might have been late in saying it, but in my heart the first time we've ever had a real deep conversation was also the moment I fell in love. To be honest, I tried pushing my feelings away because I thought you liked Sehun and I don't want to confuse you but now... " Aria interrupted me by pulling me down to her level. "You talk too much." She says just before she touches my lips with hers. It felt so soft and perfect that I knew she was the one I've been missing. Our lips moved in perfect sync with each other that if it were in a couples-dance competition, it would win first prize. My body heated up just like the first time we kissed on my birthday but now it was different. It was even better than our first two kisses. I don't want to let her go. I need her by my side. We pull away as we hear the final call for the passengers, our foreheads touching, our eyes both closed. I could just feel our catching of breath.
"Stay in South Korea. Jaebal." I pleaded. She squeezed my hand tightly.
"You know I can't." She whispered. My heart shattering at every word.
"Why?" I asked her.
"My family. I'm too young to leave them and live in a different country. That's not how it works living in a Filipino family." She explained. I held her hand tightly, rubbing her cold knuckles with my thumb. She's right. How could I be so selfish? I know that family is the most important of all.
"Araseo..." I said exhaling loudly. "We'll see each other again. I promise. We'll be having a concert in Manila in June. Wait for me okay?" She nodded, placing another peck on my lips.
"We need to go." She pulls away from me and I start to regret it already. But I have to let her go home.
"Take care okay? 사랑해요. [Saranghaeyo/ I love you.]" I told her.
"Mahal din kita. ['i love you too' in Filipino] Kim Jongin, you better behave while I'm gone or else 너 죽었다! [Noe jukeotda!/you're dead!]" she said while attempting to look scary but clearly failing because she just looked cute to me. I chuckle at her expression and she playfully slaps my arm which made me laugh louder.
"Araseo, babe." She blushed and looked away as I called her babe. She's so cute. She too irresistible. She picks up her bag and started walking towards the entrance of the bridge to the plane. I'm going to miss her. 3 months with her and it felt like I've known her for so long. She drags her luggage but she stops before entering, looking back at me, giving me the most amazing smile in the world. She probably thought she looked awkward. That's how she was. She always thought she looked awkward. I smiled back and waved goodbye as she disappears to the walkway of the plane.

>>>>>>

Soooooooo..ll how was it? Hahaha oh Jongin...