1: Friends

Fangirl (Exo Kai Fanfiction)

Hey guys! So here's the first chapter!! :) let me know what you think!! :)

"Hey Aria, have you heard?" Ella says as we tie up the laces of our ice skating shoes.
"What?" I replied.
"Our school will be picking 10 students to go to an immersion in Seoul!" Ella answered.
"How do they pick who to go?" Cassandra butts in as she sits next to Ella and I "hi guys!" She added.
"I think they just pick someone who passes their test, they would be giving out tests, academically and I guess some personal interview and stuff and then when you pass, you can go." Ella says with enthusiasm. "We might meet exo there!!" She holds Cassandra's hands with excitement. "I need to see Kris! It's going to be daebak!" We need to pass! So you can go see Luhan and Aria can see Sehun! Can you guys promise that we'll do our best in the tests?" Ella added.
"Of course!" Cassandra and I said in unison as we walk towards the ice rink to practice. I really love the idea of traveling and I think it would be a great idea to experience traveling with my friends, especially since it's our last year in high school plus I need to have a break from my life here in Philippines. My parents always pressure me on doing something that I don't want and I needed a break on that. At least with miles apart, I could be free to make my own decisions. I'm 18 and I can't even decide for myself because my parents left that job to them, even if I'm perfectly capable to think responsibly.
--
I woke up with the sound of knocking on my door. "Sweetie, you need to get ready for school." Mom whispers from the other side of my door.
"Okay mom. I'm awake." I say, getting my towel to take a shower. After an hour and a half, mom dropped me off of school. Today's the day of the Seoul interview. Nobody knows what kind of interview it will be so I'm really nervous.
"Aria!" Park screams from the locker hall, running towards me.
"Oh, hi Park." I greeted.
"Are you going on the interview for the immersion?"
"Yes, you?" I replied.
"I am, this is going to be fun now since I know you're coming too!"
"Well, we don't know yet if we're accepted or not."
"But it would be nice to go out of the country with you."
I couldn't reply to those words, "Well, I have to head to class." It was all I could say.
Our homeroom adviser just gave us an excuse slip for classes that will be on the same hours as the interviews. "Hey! Let's go together!" Ella screams as she runs towards me, intertwining her arms with mine. "Where's Cassandra? I thought she was going to apply too?" I ask, curiously. "Her parents didn't want to sign the consent." Ella looked sad.
"That ! It would have been better if the three of us went." I said, frowning.
"I know right? But it's still up to our parents if they would give us consents or not, although, I don't get why we still have to have a consent when you're 18 and Cassandra and I are 19. Maybe it's just for precautionary measures though." She said, shrugging her shoulders.
We entered the room of where the interview would be held, I looked around to see about 15 people waiting to be interviewed. I smile as I realize that this would be easier than I thought. I thought there would be a lot of people applying but now there's just 15 or so.
"Well, we just have to be better than 5 or 6 of them, then we can be accepted." Ella says.
"What questions will they be giving out anyway?"
"I heard from someone that they would ask if you know anything about Korea and how physically, socially, and mentally stable you are to be alone there for three months."
A sense of bliss filled my mind. "Three months?! We'll be there for three months?"
"Why? Don't you want that?" Ella asked.
"No, I love it!" I smile as I squeeze her hands with excitement.
"Yes! Let's be roommates okay?" She says as she hops in joy.
It has been three days after the interview, and the results of the 10 people joining the immersion would be posted in the bulletin board today. I couldn't bring myself to think properly, knowing that this day is the judgement day on whether I get to get out of this place for even just a few months. My mind comes back to reality when my phone kept on vibrating from my pocket. I checked who's calling and it's Park.
"Hello? Park?"
"Hi! I think you need to come see the bulletin board." Park called me just to say that? As if I'm not going to do it without him asking. Did I get in? Oh my god. I pace just to try to get there faster.
"Why? Am I included?" He hangs up as soon as I finished my sentence.
I look at the white paper tacked on the board, printed with names number from 1 to 10.
I scan as I saw Park's name.
I look at him, "congratulations Park!" He smiles back and I continue scanning the paper.
Ella got in! But where the heck is Ella? I didn't bother looking around and continues looking for my name. And there it is... 7th on the list was my name. I couldn't contain my happiness and squealed out a sound of excitement.
"Congratulations, Aria!" Park says as he offered his hands for a high-five that I gladly accepted. "Thanks, Park!" I answered enthusiastically. Reaching my phone to call my mom, Ella merges from the other hallway and ran towards me.
"Did we get in?" She says nervously.
"See for yourself!" She looks at the bulletin board and did the same squeal I did a moment ago. 
"Oh my god Aria! We're going to South Korea! Yes!! We need to buy winter clothes since it would be from January to March!"
I join her in her happiness, "Let's do that!". She stops as she pulls out her phone from her bag. Her face suddenly turned tomato red and she started jumping up and down, screaming.
"Daebak!" she exclaims.
"Why? What happened?"
"You know SM entertainment right? The one in-charge of EXO?"
I nod. "And?"
"Well, first the time ever, there will be a one day interaction with exo in their dorms! You'll get to see what they do in their normal lives, how their dorms look like, talk to them, see them practice, eat with them, breathe with them, have fun with..."
"Okay okay, your point?" I cut in.
"Well, the thing is, I tried registering the two of us, since it's first come first serve, and now they emailed me that we're a part of it! You and me!"
"Daebak!" I hugged her so tight. Wow! I'm actually going to see EXO? I'm actually going to see Sehun! I can't believe this!
"I'm so excited!"
"Me too!" And I really am.