Chapter 7: Coffee date

The House For Broken Teens

”Fourth day of school is almost over and you haven’t fainted yet” Chanyeol said when I slammed my locker door shut.

“I’d say that’s quite the accomplishment.” I grinned at him.

“I know, right? Maybe as a reward you should buy me a jar of Nutella?” I asked, making Chanyeol laugh.

“Not a chance, cutie” he answered and patted my head. I pouted and hung my head low.

“Okay…” I sighed, trying to make myself look as pathetic as possible.

“You should try that on Yixing or Jongdae. They might be soft enough to fall for it.”

“Who’s soft enough for what?” I turned around to see Jongin, looking innocently at us. I blushed straight away to the shade of a fire truck.

“Nothing” I mumbled. Chanyeol saw me blushing and grinned.

“Okay. Either of you want to go out to get some coffee after school? I already asked Sehun and Baekhyun but they’re busy” Jongin casually leaned himself against the lockers.

“I can’t, I have lots of homework, sorry. However, Annie here was just talking about how nice it would be to go somewhere after school.” I shot Chanyeol a death glare. ‘What the hell, Chanyeol?’ I mouthed to him.

“Great! I’m buying, of course. Come on Annie, let’s go to the last class!” Jongin happily grabbed my hand and pulled me with him.

What is air?

 

Later on, I was following Jongin to wherever it was that he wanted to take me. We soon arrived to a small, cozy café. Being the gentleman he was, he opened the door for me and we stepped inside.

“It’s cute” I said while admiring the décor of the place. The colors were mainly faded pink and light brown, there were small tables around the place and I also noticed that all the seats were either small sofas or armchairs.

“I know, right? What would you like to have?” Jongin asked, making my attention turn to the huge counter filled with sandwiches, cupcakes, cookies and cakes.

“Uh… I don’t know” I told him, baffled by the amount of things to eat. Jongin chuckled softly.

“How about, I order for you this time? Then maybe next time we come here you’ll know better?”

“Yeah, sure” I smiled at him. Jongin swiftly nodded and approached the counter.

“Hello, Jongin!” the cashier boy greeted him happily.

“Hi. Could we please have two mint hot chocolates, two chicken sandwiches, two pieces of red velvet cake and two chocolate chip peanut butter cookies?” he listed all of the things, the cashier writing everything down. Jongin then proceeded to pay for everything.

“I’ll bring everything over to you straight away” the boy told us. Jongin led me to the corner table. I set my backpack down before sitting down myself.

“You really expect me to eat all of that?” Jongin laughed again and sat down across from me.

“Come on, wasn’t it just yesterday when you said that you had no trouble eating a whole jar of Nutella with chocolate ice cream during just one Disney movie?” I glared at him.

“I’m an awful human being” I sighed. Jongin patted my head.

“You’re not. I’d be happy to join you to your movie-Nutella-party sometime.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. When I hang out with the guys they always want to do sports or something. Movie night with you sounds relaxing” Jongin winked at me.

Did he just wink at me? Did he just say ‘movie night with you sounds relaxing’? Great.  I’m becoming a hot melting mess.

Luckily, the cashier boy brought us our order so I had the chance to focus on eating rather than the gorgeous creature in front of me.

 

I waved goodbye to Jongin and his chauffer as they left our house. I went inside and was immediately greeted by the boys.

“Sooo, how did go?” Chanyeol grinned like the Joker. I threw my backpack at him.

“We had hot chocolate and cake. That’s it” I walked past him to the kitchen, greeting Kyungsoo.

“That’s it? You wouldn’t call it a… date?” Jongdae wiggled his eyebrows while I was getting a glass of water.

“Nope” I simply answered and took a sip of water. Chanyeol threw my backpack into the corner.

“Wow, you’ve been here for a week and you’ve already found a potential boyfriend” Yixing suddenly added in. I glared at him.

“Jongin is a friend, guys” I told all of them.

“Yeah, right. This situation reminds me of a song. How did it go again? Oh right. Jongin and Annie sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-“

“Baekhyun, watch out” I pointed a finger at him.

“Yeah, no way you’re going to date Jongin. You’re way too good for him” Kris said. He was practically buried in the fridge, trying to find something.

“What do you mean, Kris?” Everybody else but me and Kris gasped.

“D-d-did you just call him Kris?” Chanyeol looked at me like I had just chopped Kris’ head off with a butter knife.

“She did” Kris absentmindedly said as he carried some orange juice and milk to the counter. He ignored the shocked looks from everybody and continued:

“I told her that she could call me that. Jongin is a . I’m pretty sure that is IQ is equivalent to a llama’s. You need someone smart, Annie.” I giggled at his llama allegory. Sehun furrowed his brows.

“Hyung, please don’t talk like that about my friend!” he exclaimed loudly. Kris looked at him and then back at me.

“When you grow up a little bit I can introduce you to an old friend of mine. He’s a teacher. Only a few years older than you. He’s so smart that he graduated from university two years earlier than everybody else his age. Some women say that he’s really handsome, too∼”

“And by some women you mean ahjumma, don’t you?” 

“Maybe” Kris replied.

“Well, never trust ahjumma’s taste. She’s married to ahjussi, remember?” Chanyeol said, making the whole kitchen burst into laughter.

“I heard that!” ahjussi yelled from the hallway, making us all quiet again.

 

After a studying-filled weekend on Monday morning I greeted Jongin by his locker.

“Hey, Annie. How was your weekend?” Jongin kindly asked.

“It was fine. I just stayed at home with the boys, studying and stuff” I shrugged. I noticed the tiredness is his eyes and had to ask about it.

“How about you? You look kind of tired. You okay?” Jongin laughed and ran his fingers through his hair.

“I’m okay. My parents had their wedding anniversary during the weekend and we went to Japan to celebrate it” he explained.

“Then how come you are so tired? I’m pretty sure the time difference is like one hour.” Jongin laughed again and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I froze.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine. But I think it’s cute that you’re so concerned. Wait, are you blushing?” he grinned as he examined my face. I quickly pushed myself away from him.

“N-no. Why would I be? Let’s go to class” I started to walk to class and Jongin followed me. I could hear students talking in the classroom. As soon as I stepped in, everybody stopped talking and looked at me.

That’s weird. They’ve definitely seen me before. What’s the matter?

I snapped out of my thoughts when Jongin gently pushed me to my seat. I heard a few whispering something at the back of the room.

What is this?

Little did I know that the next day I would find out the hard way. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's up for a little date with Jongin? 

*Flailing both arms in the air* 

Me! Right here! I am! 

In this section of the upcoming chapters I shall explain about character's ages and things like that, so if you are hella confused (like I would be) then look forward to that! 

And of course, no chapter is finished without a gif, so here we go: 

Jongin, you do realize that when you wink, both of your eyes close right? *Gif not mine* 

Bye all you lovely people! Let me know what you think, I'll see you soon!

And by the way, who's this handsome teacher Kris was talking about?