Chapter 26: Of losers and chainsaws

The House For Broken Teens

*Kris’ POV*

Three days after Annie went missing, we were all at home moping. Even Jongin stayed with us. At times I felt like punching his brains out, but then I remembered how upset Annie would be. Besides, her disappearance wasn’t his fault anyways.

Jongin’s father was working like crazy to find both Annie and Luhan, but they was no sign of them yet.

At home, Tao was getting impossible to be around with. He silently sobbed during the day, and at night he cried while screaming for Annie and Luhan. We had all decided to sleep together in the theater, as it felt much safer there.

I really didn’t think it could get any worse.

That was until Jongin didn’t come back from meeting his father.

*Luhan’s POV*

I had lost count of my days spent imprisoned. All I knew was that Annie had been thrown into my cage a few days ago, after which we never left each other’s sides. Not that we had exactly the opportunity to leave.

The positive thing was that we were both still alive. Another good thing was that we didn’t see anyone else get killed either.

One night, when I was resting my head in Annie’s lap and she gently my hair, I saw her eyes glistening.

“Oppa, I’m so sorry” she whispered. I sat up and took her face between my hands.

“What for?” Annie let out a dry laugh and wiped her tears away.

“Please. You wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for me.” I pulled her into a tight hug. I couldn’t believe she blamed herself for our situation.

“Listen. Nobody blames you. This isn’t your fault. Let’s be brave together and we’ll be home in no time, okay?”  Just as I got Annie to calm down a little bit, I heard her parents walking up the stairs.

“By the way, oppa, where exactly are we?” she whispered as I waited for her parents to walk into the room.

“I suppose this an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town?” I replied and Annie looked up at me in horror.

“Oppa, we were here” she gasped.

“What?” I frowned. Annie was about to answer me when three people stumbled into the room. I saw Annie’s mom and dad half-carrying a third figure, who was obviously injured. As they stepped closer I saw that the third figure was a boy in his teens.

Please God, do not let that be one of us.

“Look, Miranda, we got your little boyfriend to keep you company” Mrs. Bastard said and grabbed the boy’s hair, revealing Jongin’s bloody face. Annie released herself from my embrace and sprinted towards Jongin, only to be separated from him by the cage wall.

“Please don’t hurt him” she pleaded and I saw her eyes tearing up again.

“Do whatever you want with me but leave Jongin and Luhan alone.” She didn’t seem too surprised about the fact that Jongin was there.

“Oh don’t worry, we will do whatever we want with you.” With that her father unlocked the cage door, yanked her out of there and closed the door again. I tried to get up, but tripped on my own legs and fell face first on the concrete floor. My nose started to bleed uncontrollably, and I tried to stop it with the hem of my shirt. They tied Annie into a chair and strapped Jongin into a big bulky table. I saw Annie trying to wiggle out of the chair but her efforts didn’t seem to pay off. Jongin opened his eyes and I guess only then he realized what was going on.  I could only watch as the two tried to fight their way out.

When her parents pulled out a chainsaw, Annie froze in her spot.

“No” I saw her whisper.

*Annie’s POV*

As soon I as I saw the chainsaw, old painful memories just started flooding into my head. This time, the shining blade caused me even more sadness, since it was about to be sunk into someone I love. I had to stop this. By experience, I knew that chains were impossible to escape from. However, this time they had tied me with ropes. I discovered a little sharp notch on the back of the chair and figured that I could use that to cut the ropes. But I had to act fast. As my parents were busy preparing Jongin and admiring their chainsaw, I started to rub the rope against the back of the chair. My plan was working, and I felt the rope getting thinner and thinner. When I heard the roar from the saw, I realized I had only seconds to save Jongin and quickly picked up my pace.

“Oh Miranda” I heard my mother’s voice calling for me. I stopped what I was doing and looked up at her. Her lips were spread into a crooked grin, kind of like the Joker. I examined her face and realized how much she had aged. I remembered how beautiful she was when I was little. Before I found out what she was really like I always wanted to be exactly like her. Looking at her I realized that I actually did resemble her a lot.

“Are you ready to say goodbye to your little boyfriend?”

Never. Never in a million years.                            

I had to come up with a plan to stall them for just a little bit longer. I knew that they expected me to start crying and screaming for Jongin, so I did the exact opposite.

“Go ahead” I coldly said as I leaned back on my chair. Mom, dad, Jongin and Luhan all turned to me with surprised faces. I started to cut slowly cut the ropes again behind my back.

“You what?” dad asked me as he turned the chainsaw off. I swung my hair away from my shoulders and shrugged.

“I said go ahead. I don’t care.” The look on Jongin’s face nearly killed me but I had no choice.

“He’s not that important” I continued nonchalantly as four pairs of eyes stared at me.

But you are, Jongin. You are the most important. I’m sorry for saying these things.

I glanced at Luhan and saw that he had realized my plot. He nodded in approval.

I turned back to Jongin and my parents next to him.

“I’ve known him for what, a month or two? Doesn’t matter, feels like it’s been years. I’ve never met someone so boring in my entire life.” With every word I got a little bit closer to cutting the rope.

“The only good thing about him is that he’s rich. If he wasn’t, nobody would ever want to be with a loser like him.” Jongin’s eyes teared up and I heard him sniffle.

“I-is that really what you think of me?” he asked with his voice quivering. I plastered my face with a big fake smile.

“I can’t believe you actually thought I liked you for you. Boyfriend” I spat back at him, feeling terrible. I saw the grin on my dad’s face as he turned the chainsaw back on.

“Well then, Miranda my darling, this is for you” he said as he lifted the roaring saw above his head. When he began to lower it towards Jongin’s chest, I released my hands from my behind my back and sprinted towards him. As I threw myself on his chest, I didn’t care whether I’d accidentally hurt him or not. He’d survive that. He wouldn’t survive the chainsaw. Somehow I managed to save him, and instead of Jongin’s chest, the saw sunk into my arm, making me groan out loud in pain. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE NAME OF SEHUN'S I AM SO SORRY. 

It almost took me a month to update. Oopsie. 

I just stuck with reading other fanfics here. The difference between those and this one is that they are FRIGGIN AMAZING and the authors should be awarded with unicorns & cotton candy. Seriously. Much wow. So talent. 

Has it ever happened to you that you're writing your fanfic and then you forget what you wrote about and you have to go back and read your own fic? Well that just happened to me. 

FML. 

AAAANND then imma give you this chapter's gif which is pretty random: 

FYI, I found this while searching for 'sebooty gif'. Yup. That's my life. *Gif not mine* 

What's a manly squeal anyways? 

I hope to meet you in the next chapter again (: Bye lovelies!