Chapter 20: Kissing you

The House For Broken Teens

When Yixing and I went back home, I was in shock. Before leaving the car, Jongin had placed a gentle kiss on the back of my hand, and normally I would’ve been ecstatic, but now, I was a mess. All I could think about was Luhan almost getting the same treatment as those 211 other poor people. After I kicked my shoes off and threw my jacket on the floor, I ran to the bathroom downstairs and threw up. I felt the lump finally leave my throat. After I was done, I flushed the toilet and rinsed my mouth. I weakly walked to the living room where everybody was worriedly waiting for me. I collapsed on the floor and everybody rushed over.

“Annie?” I heard Kris’ voice from above me.

“I’ll take you to the sofa” he said. I lifted my hand up.

“No. I’m fine right here.” Luhan lifted my head into his lap and held my hand. I smiled when I looked at his angelic face. He was safe. And most importantly, he was in one piece. I closed my eyes.

"Annie, maybe you should eat something?" I heard Yixing's voice. Somebody lifted my legs into their lap and gently massaged my calves.

"No thank you. Maybe later" I politely declined the offer. I knew that everybody was dying to know what happened but I didn't feel like talking about it yet.

So I was comfortably lying between Luhan and the mystery person (who judging by the size of the hands was Tao.) When I was falling asleep, I felt my body being lifted off the floor and placed onto the sofa. I opened my eyes and saw Kris, staring at me with his hands firmly on his hips. 

"Your back is going to be sore if you stay on the floor. Also, you should change into your pajamas." He stomped his foot once as if to say that his word was final.

"I'm too lazy to go upstairs and change" I mumbled when I turned to my side and closed my eyes again. I heard Kris stomping away, then moments later, pieces of clothing were thrown on my face.

"Your pajamas, miss. Please go ahead and change your clothes." I growled as I removed the clothes from my face and dragged myself to the bathroom to change. I ripped the hair tie out of my hair and grabbed the nearest hairbrush with me when I went back to the living room. I sat on the floor in front of Baekhyun who was seated on the sofa. I took his hand and placed the brush in it. Baekhyun gave me a questioning look.

"Please" I whispered. He scoffed but began to brush my hair anyway. I smiled when he carefully untangled my hair. When he set the brush down, claiming that he was done, I rested my head on his knees. I snoozed there comfortably until I was woken up to eat something.

 

Two weeks passed by without me hearing anything from the police. I didn’t really have time to see Jongin either, since he was busy with his exams and Joonmyeon was pushing me to work really hard at school. I think his efforts were slowly paying off.  I felt like school wasn’t too difficult for me anymore.

One night, when I was in my bedroom doing my homework that Joonmyeon had so kindly (notice the sarcasm) given me, I heard my phone ringing. I got up from my desk and walked to my nightstand. I picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID. Jongin. I smiled when I saw his name. I quickly pressed the green button and lifted the device to my ear.

“Hello?”

“Hey Annie.” I heard a smile in his voice.

“Hi Jongin. What’s up?” I tried to sound casual as I threw myself on the bed. Jongin laughed.

“I was just thinking how we haven’t seen each other for a long time. I’ve missed you.” I was so glad that he couldn’t see me, because with that one sentence I’d become a blushing mess.

I’ve missed you.

After a long silence, Jongin cleared his throat and asked:

“So what are you doing tonight?” I wondered whether I should say that I was stuck doing homework or that I was free. The latter seemed better.

“Nothing special. Why?”

“Would you like to go out with me?” he blurted out.

“W-what do you have in mind?”

“I was just thinking about going to the movies or something and maybe grab some coffee or something…”
I nodded in excitement, but then I remembered that it was a phone call and facepalmed myself.

“Yeah, I’d like that” I told him, and it sounded like until that he had been holding his breath.

“Fantastic!” How about we meet in one hour in front of the movie theater?”

“Sounds good.”

After bidding goodbye to Jongin, I threw my phone on the bed and squealed. I ran downstairs to find Minseok. I found him in the living room chatting with the others.

“Minseok, can you drive me to the movie theater at around six o’clock?”

“Yeah, sure but what are you doing there?” he asked.

“Jongin asked me to go with him” I said quickly before running off to my bedroom. I spent the next thirty minutes figuring out what to wear, but I ended up wearing what I already had on. I decided not to change my hair and makeup, since I was pretty happy with the way they were. When it was time to leave, I grabbed my purse and sprinted downstairs. When I was putting my shoes on, Kris appeared in front of me.

“I’ll expect you back by nine o’clock. Tell Jongin that. If he doesn’t respect your curfew, tell him to never call any of us again” he said sternly. I pouted, but didn’t argue with him. I silently nodded when he went back to the living room. After he was gone, Chanyeol quietly ran close to me.

“Your curfew is at ten o’clock” he whispered.

“But Kris just said that-“

“I know what he just said” Chanyeol said as he dramatically lifted his hand up.

“But I’m saying that you can stay out until ten o’clock.”

“What about Kris?” I whispered, making sure that Kris wouldn’t hear us.

“Don’t worry about him. I’ll handle it. You just go out there and have a great time.” I hugged Chanyeol before thanking him and running out the door.

 

It was close to 9:30 pm when Jongin and I were walking back home. We had a blast watching some American comedy and then going out for coffee afterwards. Jongin had offered to walk me home like a proper gentleman.  So there we were, walking arm in arm towards my house. I saw a playground with huge swings and tugged on Jongin’s sleeve.

“There’s still thirty more minutes until my curfew, so… “I trailed off. He laughed.

“Come on, let’s go then” he said as he led me to the swings. I placed my purse on the ground and sat down on the other swing. Jongin sat on the other swing and we quickly got into a competition about who can go the fastest. After that situation calmed down, I slowed down and let my shoes silently scrape the ground beneath me. I smiled to myself.

“Ah.. Annie” Jongin began shyly. I turned to look at him and gave him a smile.

“Yes?”

“I meant to tell you this earlier but… You look really beautiful tonight.” I felt myself immediately blushing. My grip on the swing tightened.

“I also think that you’re really cute when you blush” I heard Jongin say. My swing came to a stop when I felt Jongin’s hands on mine. He was standing right in front of me, crouching down so our faces were on the same level. I closed my eyes, waiting for whatever was going to happen next. I felt Jongin’s breath on my nose before his warm lips crashed into mine.  I felt like my head was about to burst in excitement when he kissed me. Jongin’s hands moved to my waist. I removed my hands from the swing and cupped his face. Jongin pulled me up, our lips still attached. He fully wrapped his arms around my waist, and I did the same with his neck. When we finally had to break the kiss, Jongin pressed his forehead against mine.

“I liked that” he simply stated.

“Me too” I said smiling. We stayed there, just like that, for a few minutes. When I told Jongin that it was probably time to go, he took my hand in his and began to walk me home.

Later, when I reached my bedroom, I happily jumped around before collapsing onto my bed. I couldn’t keep myself still so I rolled restlessly around. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and noticed two new messages.

Hey Annie! How was your date with lover boy? I expect you to tell me everything tomorrow when I come to work. Sweet dreams! – Kyungsoo

I smiled at the message. I opened the next one.

Hey Annie. Just wanted to thank you for the awesome night. Let’s meet again really soon, okay? Ps. Call me cheesy, but kissing you was the highlight of my life so far - Jongin

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHEESYYY I know I'm sorry. But you still kinda like it, don't you? ;) 

In celebration of 20 chapters and 14 beautiful subscribers I'll give you a special gif featuring... Uh, lots of EXO members: 

YAY! *throws balloons everywhere* 

Thank you darlings for reading and let me know what you think! Bye guys :)