Chapter 24: Safe and sound

The House For Broken Teens

It was already past seven am when we went home, in hopes of everybody still being asleep. We were absolutely exhausted from the lack of sleep as we waddled from the car to the front door. Sehun unlocked it and were ready to collapse on the floor, but there was a whole crowd of people waiting for us in the foyer.

“Oh my god, are you okay?” ahjumma said as she pulled us into her embrace, and then checked each of us. The rest of the boys were swarming around us, most of them had relieved expressions.

“We were so worried about you guys” Kris said, pulling me into a hug. Me, still annoyed with him, pushed him away and went to Jongin’s embrace instead. Kris stood there dumbfounded with his arms still open.

“I’m sorry, Jongin” I whispered to the man wrapping his arms around me. He my hair softly.

“It’s okay, babe. Are you alright?” Jongin asked me carefully inspected my face. I nodded.

“Just a bit tired.” Jongin smiled and placed kiss on my forehead.

“Well, you were out all night” he chuckled quietly. I then let go of him and hugged Tao, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Yixing. Kris stood in the middle of everything awkwardly, since Sehun and Jongdae refused to hug him too.

“We’re sorry if we made you worried. We just needed to look for hyung…” Jongdae sadly said when he realized what we had done. Ahjumma sighed.

“Jongin woke us up about forty minutes when he realized that Annie was gone” she said with a disappointed voice. Sehun, Jongdae and I bowed our heads in shame.

“Do you have any idea what it’s like to wake up to find out that three kids are missing along with one car?” she continued. There was nothing worse than somebody sounding disappointed in me.

“Especially when one of them is in huge danger.” Ahjumma looked at me with a harsh expression.

“I know you want to find Luhan, and we all do, but this is not the way to do it.”

“Oh well, I guess the most important thing is that you’re okay. Go to sleep, you three. We’ll talk more later.” We bowed towards ahjumma and kept our low profile as we left for upstairs. I gave Jongin another quick hug before going to my room to change into my pajamas. After I did that, I went to Jongdae’s bedroom where he was lying on the other side of his bed while Sehun was on the other. I dove under the covers between the two and snuggled to Jongdae. Sehun snuggled to me and we fell asleep almost instantly.

 

What I believed to be a few hours later, I woke up to the sound of knocking on the door. I nudged the boys to wake them up as well.

“Yess?” Jongdae slurred as he sat up and rested his head on my shoulder. I hit Sehun’s side and he got up too. The door opened and Kris stepped in. Seeing him, Sehun and Jongdae groaned and decided to lay back down, dragging me with them.

“Hyung, get out” Jongdae said as he threw the blankets over his head. Kris frowned.

“Get up guys, I just want to talk” he said and took Jongdae’s blanket away from him. We reluctantly sat up on the edge of the bed, while Kris pulled out Jongdae’s desk chair and sat himself down. As I was still half asleep, I wrapped myself into the comforter and rubbed my eyes.

“Did you find anything?” Kris asked to our surprise. We were all expecting the scolding of our lives.

“What?” I mumbled.

“Any sign of Luhan?” he repeated. We stared at him for quite a while before Sehun finally answered:

“N-no.” Kris nodded in understanding and chuckled at our funny expressions.

“I’m not mad at you” he explained.

“I’m just a little bit disappointed that even though you knew how dangerous it was, you still went. And didn’t even tell anyone.” Jongdae scoffed.

“Yeah, as if you would’ve let us go” he said sarcastically, making Kris scoff.

“You’re damn right I wouldn’t have, you guys could’ve gotten yourselves killed!” Kris noticed our scared looks from his yelling, and his face softened.

“I’m sorry. The most important thing is that you’re okay. They will find Luhan, I promise. He’ll be back before we even know it.” I know that Kris was trying hard to make us feel better, but my mood wasn’t lifted one single bit. In fact, I was wondering how his mood could change so quickly. The day before he was furious at everybody and now he was trying to live up to his care bear image.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Kris got up and offered hugs for the boys (which they gladly accepted.) He then knelt in front of me.

“Are you okay?” As a response, I stared at him under my brows.

“I know that you’re mad at me, and I understand. You have every right to be. But I am really sorry and I wasn’t thinking straight yesterday. Forgive me? Just this once?” 

There’s no use in holding a grudge against him.

But of course, I have to take advantage of this situation a little bit.

That’s what sisters are supposed to do, right?

“A few things first. First of all, you are not allowed to be Totoro of this household for the time being. Second, you have to stop treating Jongin so badly. Third…” I blushed a little bit.

“I stacked some stuff so high up in my closet that I can’t reach them anymore. So you’re going to have to help me with those” I finally finished and Kris smiled.

“All of that sounds doable. So we are okay?” I nodded determinedly and Kris hugged me.

“I love you guys. Now come on, come and eat some breakfast.” Jongdae kindly offered to take me downstairs on a piggyback, so I stood up on his bed and climbed on his back. We were just about to leave for downstairs when we looked back and saw Sehun, standing on the bed, pouting like a little kid.

“Sehun, come on” Jongdae said and jumped a little so I wouldn’t fall off.

“I want a piggyback ride too…” Sehun whispered sadly, making Kris roll his eyes.

“Forget what I said about loving you” Kris mumbled, but nevertheless turned his back to Sehun who happily climbed on.

 

A few days later detective ahjussi had asked me to come to his office. As usual, Jongin was waiting for me outside.

I was staring at ahjussi without saying a word.

“I really do not have any idea where they could’ve taken Luhan” I tried to convince ahjussi.

“Really think, Annie. Isn’t there any place your parents talked about?” Yet again, I shook my head.

“No, there really isn’t. I don’t think that this is something they would’ve planned. How did they get out of prison anyway?” I asked, already a bit annoyed. I thought that were supposed to be executed ages ago. Ahjussi rubbed his temples and sighed.

“I don’t even know.”

 

Fast forward another few days, I was walking home after school with Joonmyeon. We had our lessons in the library, because Joonmyeon wanted me to make a presentation about volcanoes. He also insisted that I used books instead of the Internet. So he took me to library to keep an eye on me.

After the lessons he had offered to drive me home, but since it was daytime, I decided to walk. When I got home, I went to the kitchen, looking for Kyungsoo. I found a note on the counter.

Hi Annie!

I went grocery shopping with Minseok, might take a while. Ahjumma and ahjussi are working; all of the boys are still in school. Make sure you eat something and lock the doors!

  • Kyungsoo

I decided to change my clothes before finding something to eat. I dragged my tired feet upstairs.

Now that’s weird.

I thought as I saw my bedroom door, which was slightly ajar.

I always close it.

I wondered if Kyungsoo had gone there to look for unwashed dishes or something. I pushed the door fully open and carefully stepped inside. Just then, I felt a hand covering my mouth so I couldn’t scream. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TARARARARATATTATAAAAAAA 

I'm getting really lame with these end-of-chapter-chitchats. I guess it's because I have nothing to say? :/ 

Oh look! He's smiling! :D *Gif not mine* 

Haaaay guys I'm thinking about making the next story that I'll write about Kris. Or should I write oneshots? Any ideas?

Thanks for reading lovelies and thank you to my subbiessss :3