Chapter 28: Comeback

The House For Broken Teens

*Kris’ POV*

“What happened to Luhan and Jongin?!” Annie screamed as she realized that she was not the only one who was involved in that accident.

“They’re fine” I told her, in the calmest voice possible.

“Both have minor injuries, but nothing that’s going to affect them for the rest of their lives.” Annie looked at me in disbelief, but then her face softened and she let out a huge sigh.

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.” Annie grabbed my hand.

“Thank heavens” she said and laid back down in her bed. I decided that the best thing to do was to let her get some sleep. We decided to take turns staying by her bed, so she would not feel unsafe for any reason.

*Annie’s POV*

I had woken up around 7 pm and realized that my brothers were taking turns looking after me. Though they all only stayed with me for an hour, each one of them looked wrecked. I sent them home for the night, as I wanted them to get some rest as well, but especially Kris absolutely refused. We then compromised; they decided to stay in the family room just down the hall.

It was around 10 pm when I heard a soft knock on the door.

“Come in” I said quietly, being slightly worried of who was behind that door. I was relieved to find that it was Jongin, all in piece, and walking by himself. He stepped into the room and closed the door slowly. He stood there awkwardly for a moment. Just as I was about to get up to greet him, he asked me to stay in bed so I wouldn’t tire myself out.

“I just came to see that you are alright” he said softly as he approached my bed. I nodded.

“I’m fine. Are you okay?” I asked him, as I was genuinely worried. Jongin rubbed the back of his neck and laughed slightly.

“Yeah, I’m alright” he began.

“But I do have this one wound that the doctors said might leave a scar” he said, flashing me a huge gash on his arm. I felt terrible.

“Jongin I’m so sorry I really am I---“ Jongin cut me off as he sat down next to me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

“You have nothing to be sorry about” he said and cupped my cheek with his warm hand.

“If anything, I’m sorry that I did not believe you at first back then. But please, don’t ever for a second think that you should be sorry about this.” I buried my face to the crook of his neck and Jongin wrapped his arms around me.

“All three of us made it out alive. Luhan is just fine too, he just needs to rest. We’ll be fine, darling” he continued trying to make me feel better. I knew that I would truly only feel better when I saw Luhan. I acknowledged the fact that we both needed to rest before that.

“Could you stay here with me for a while? Please?” I asked Jongin, who gave me a small smile.

“Of course.” We arranged ourselves under my comforter, with me resting my head on Jongin’s chest and him wrapping his arms around me. We stayed like that, silently, for a while before Jongin spoke out again.

“I really hope that all of our hardships end here.”

Me too.

 

*Kris’ POV*

The next morning I woke up in the hospitals’ family room. I pushed away Yixing, who was practically sleeping on top of me, and stretched my arms and yawned. Yixing moved his legs on my lap again.

“Oi, seriously stop it” I told him off, trying not to wake him up. I moved him again and began to jump over my brothers, who were spread out all over the floor softly snoring. Excluding Chanyeol of course, who sounds like a jackhammer when he sleeps. I kicked him quietly in the stomach, which made him quiet down for a second, before I stepped out of the room.

I let my eyes adjust to the lit hallway, and started to stumble my way into Annie’s room. I didn’t want to wake her up, so I just stepped in quietly. I looked around the room and saw an unfamiliar pair of slippers by her bed and then slowly turned my gaze at her. But she was not the only one in the bed. Embracing her was my arch nemesis, Llama brain. Thankfully they were both fast asleep, for had they not been, I would have taught him a lesson. I felt like ripping him off my sister, but my softer side took hold of me as fixed the comforter that had fallen off them, and left them to sleep in peace.

I decided to stay in the hallway, not wanting to go back to the family room because of the natural disaster called Chanyeol. After about an hour I heard the door of Annie’s room opened and I watched Jongin sneak out of there. Before he noticed me, I pretended to be asleep. I heard his steps getting softer as he tried to pass by me, but I decided to scare him just a little.

“Jongin-ah” I said, while keeping my eyes closed, hearing him stop in his tracks.

“Play nice with her. Remember that I’m always watching.”

“O-of course, hyung” Jongin stuttered.

“Good. You’re dismissed” I told him and he went on his merry way. I decided that it was time to go see Luhan.

*Annie’s POV*

I was released from the hospital the next day. Luhan got to go home too, which was fantastic. Jongin had gone home a bit earlier, and we had agreed to take some time off to rest and get better before we would go out and to things together again. Everybody in the house was swarming around me and Luhan, but we only wanted to rest for a while. Not that we didn’t appreciate their efforts, but it was all a bit much. One afternoon Luhan dragged himself into my bedroom and locked the door behind him. He plopped himself onto my bed as a thousand knocks hit my bedroom door.

“Guys, are you okay in there?”

“Please let us know that you’re okay”

“Are you hurt?” It sounded like a full mob of people were in the hallway, when in reality there was merely six people there.

“OH FOR GODS SAKE LET US BE IN PEACE FOR TWO SECONDS” Luhan yelled and buried his head under one of my pillows. I laughed at his tantrum and allowed him to have a nap in my bed. He slept for a good two hours there, not getting constantly interrupted by anyone.

 

 

­

 

Oh wow. 

It has been nearly a year since I last updated. 

What happened there? 

Don't really know, but I've returned to finish this story! *YAY*

This is not the last chapter, but there won't be an infinite amount of chapters to come. 

I've completely forgotten how to use this site. 

Let's see if I still know how to attach a GIF: 

Yup, still got it. BOOM. 

Why is Kris always the special little snowflake? ^ 

Thank you guise for reading and stay tuned for another chapter! (: It won't take year this time. I promise. LIKE REALLY PROMISE. 

Ps. I did not proof read this chapter, as I just wanted to get it out quickly. So forgive my possible mistakes! Also, this chapter is not my finest work, as it is a bit boring, but I thought that this chapter was crucial to the storyline to kind of let everybody know what's happening (: