Chapter 27: I see fire

The House For Broken Teens

Half an hour after the whole almost-cutting-Jongin-to-pieces-episode, all three of us were inside our own cages, quietly just sitting there. I tried to tie my wound, which surprisingly wasn’t super deep. I found a bottle with a little bit of dirty water on the bottom and poured it over the wound.

“You’re going to make it get infected” I heard Jongin say from his cage. I don’t know why he was acting like that. He hadn’t said a word before that.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine” I said, even though I felt rather dizzy because of the blood loss.

“I just can’t believe you would say something like that” he continued after a while. I looked at him in shock.

“Wait. You didn’t actually believe that, did you?” Luhan threw his head back and sighed.

“Jongin, she said those things to save you. She knew that by saying those things she could stall her parents while she cut the ropes.” Jongin looked at Luhan, then at me.

“Really?” he asked, still a little bit suspiciously. I facepalmed myself.

“Stupid. Do you really think that if I hated you I would’ve saved your just a while ago? Seriously, if I didn’t like you, I would’ve let them chop you up. But I do, and I didn’t.”

“I’m sorry” Jongin whispered and lowered his head in shame. I leaned my back against the wall and sighed.

“So do we have a plan?” I asked from the boys.

*Meanwhile in Detective Kim’s office*

Detective Kim’s POV:

Now that even my own son was missing, I really had to work hard to find the three missing youngsters.

Everything around me was a mess. Every single one of my men were out searching, while every secretary was taking phone calls from people who claimed to have seen the kids. So far, none of the clues had been valid. Jongin had only been missing for less than a day, but I was worried sick.

*Annie’s POV*

What seemed like a few hours later after I had fallen asleep I woke up to the sound of my cage door unlocking. As I tried to get up and see what’s going on I felt body being lifted up into someone’s shoulder. When my eyes adjusted to the darkness I saw my father carrying me, while my mother fumbled with a container filled with clear liquid.

“What’s happening?” I asked them with my groggy voice. Completely ignoring my question, both of them continued with what they were doing. Slowly I realized what was going on. My mother was pouring the clear liquid on the floor, splashing it around. With a closer look towards the windows, I saw apparently car lights flickering outside the building.

Somebody is here.

I felt my hands being tied behind my back, and as if they read my mind, they taped my mouth shut so I wouldn’t be able to scream. I don’t know how Luhan and Jongin were still sound asleep. Then something horrible crossed my mind.

What if they’re dead?

Horror struck me and I tried to mumble something to wake them up, but because of the tape, I couldn’t. As the clear liquid spilled everywhere, I recognized the smell. It was gasoline. I kept on trying to scream through the tape. I heard voices coming from the lower floors of the building, and apparently my parents heard that too. Father hoisted me up on his shoulder while mother lit a matchstick. She grinned evilly as she inspected the orange flame.

“This is where it ends, boys” she dramatically yelled and threw the burning stick on the ground, making the floor become a sea of flames in seconds. I tried my best to wiggle out of my father’s hold. As he was carrying me away I heard Luhan and Jongin screaming for help.

Next thing I knew I was being thrown into a car near the back exit of the building. I heard someone yelling after us. Before father left the empty parking lot, I took one final look at the building, and realized that the flames had now spread into other rooms as well. At that point I didn’t care about myself; I only wanted Jongin and Luhan to make it out alive.

I soon noticed that at least three police cars were following us. They clearly knew exactly what was going on, since policemen were hanging halfway out of their open windows, screaming something through a megaphone. My father could not keep the car in a straight line, and me, having no seatbelt on, bounced around the backseat. I thought about whether I should open the door and jump out. Then I realized that with the speed we were going at, I could have gotten myself beheaded. I was quickly going through ideas to escape in my head when I heard my father say the dreadful words:

“Honey, I think it’s time.” I saw my mother nod and I panicked even more than I already did.

“Time for what? It’s time for what?!” I screamed from the back. My parents simply intertwined their fingers and looked at each other lovingly. I didn’t even really have the time to comprehend what happened, as the car crashed into the brick wall right on the side of the road.

 

“Well well well, I guess there’s no escape for our little baby girl anymore, isn’t that so?” I opened my eyes and saw my parents with disgusting grins on their faces. I looked around and found myself in the way-too-familiar barn. This time, I was the one strapped to the obnoxious table.

“Now, Miranda, I’m sorry that we’re going to be this crude, but we’ve played around for long enough” father said as he lifted my most hated item on the table.

A chainsaw.

He turned it on and the mechanic roar filled my ears.

“No, no, please don’t do this” I pleaded with tear-filled eyes. As expected, it all went to deaf ears.

“Don’t worry. This will be over quickly, you won’t have the time to feel anything. Unlike your two friends back at the warehouse.” I screamed at the thought of Luhan and Jongin being burned alive. I felt the hot metal of the chainsaw getting closer to my now exposed stomach. Father was right. I didn’t really feel anything before I was into the darkness.

 

*Kris’ POV*

Five hours after the car crash, Annie woke up screaming for help. Yixing, who was sitting right next her on the hospital bed, immediately embraced her.

“Don’t worry, everything is absolutely okay” he mumbled, trying to make her stop screaming. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Tao, Sehun and Jongdae all rushed to her side as well. I got frustrated with my brothers and yanked everybody except Yixing away from her.

“Guys, let her breathe” I said and they backed up with ashamed looks on their faces. Soon enough Annie stopped screaming but her breathing was still uneven. After a few more minutes of Yixing holding her, she finally reached a somewhat calm state of mind. She looked around the room and at us for a moments, until her eyes widened.

“What happened to Luhan and Jongin?!” 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I CANNOT EVEN EXPRESS HOW SORRY I AM. 

But then again, nobody probably even remembers this story so ;D 

Yup, I'm spending my Sunday doing nothing so I'm going to try and update then. How knows, if I'm productive maybe you'll get another chapter today. 

Again thank you so much for reading annnnddd 

I need to go find a gif for you. 

Sorry if y'all died because of Jongin. *Gif not mine*