Chapter 6: My handsome new friend

The House For Broken Teens

The next morning I was up before six o’clock to make sure that I was ready on time. At breakfast I was way too distracted with school, and Yifan stole at least three spoonfuls of my cereal and half a glass of my juice. He stood by me expecting a reaction, but when he didn’t get any, he patted my back so hard that I almost threw up my lungs and told me briskly:

“You’ll be fine!”

In the car I was nervously tugging on the hem of my skirt. Tao, Sehun, Chanyeol and Luhan who were in the same car were continuously trying to comfort me. However, none that worked, as I still was a nervous wreck when we actually arrived at the school. Before I came out of the car, I made Chanyeol promise that if I didn’t faint on my first day, he would buy me ice cream after school. By the time I was out of the car, the others had arrived as well and both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were pulling me towards the offices. There, I received a schedule, a code to my locker and a map. I thanked the nice lady and went back to the hallway, where eight tall boys were waiting for me.

“Soooo, according to this map I… have absolutely no idea how to read this” I sighed, handing the map to Jongdae who laughed before taking it.

“This is pretty easy, the school’s layout is quite simple” he told me, eyeing the map. I snorted.

“Says the boy who’s been at this school for ages!” I practically screamed, making Jongdae jump a step back.

“This place is like Harvard or Princeton or those other fancy rich American universities! And this is only a high school!” Sehun chuckled at my frustration.

“Don’t worry, we’ll show you around at lunch time. Until then, let’s go find that friend of mine I was talking about” he said, walking away from the rest of the boys. I followed after him.

“Good luck, Annie!” I heard Tao shouting. I turned back and all seven of them were giving me two thumbs up and a wide smile. I turned back to Sehun.

“Oh, there he is! Hey, Jongin!” he shouted and another tall boy who was going through his locker turned his head towards us. He was probably the most handsome male I’d ever seen in my life.

Oh dear.

The boy flashed a gorgeous smile when he saw Sehun.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

“Hey, Sehun” the boy answered. His gaze turned to me and I froze.

“Annie, this is Jongin. Jongin, Annie.” As Sehun introduced us, Jongin extended his arm out towards me. I shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Annie” he smiled warmly.

“You too, Jongin” I squeaked. Sehun grinned and smacked Jongin’s arm.

“Hey, I’ll head to class now, look after our little baby sister, won’t you?” he baby-talked the last part, pinching my cheek.  I shot him a glare and Jongin laughed.

Oh what a laugh.

“Of course. We’ll see you later, Sehun.” We both waved at Sehun when he disappeared out of sight.

“So, Annie, what’s your first class?” Jongin asked me. I dug my schedule out of my backpack.

“Something like… math?” I answered and handed him the schedule. He gave it a look and a huge smile spread on his face.

“Hey, it looks like you have most of your classes with me” he looked at me.

“Good, lots of time to get to know you better. Come on, let’s go.” I felt myself blush furiously as I followed Jongin to class.

At lunchtime I was sitting with Jongin and Sehun. While they were busy engaging in a conversation, I did my best to avoid eye contact with Jongin. I swear, one look or smile from him and I could’ve died.

“Hi Annie, how’s it going?” asked Baekhyun, who had suddenly plopped down next to me. I shrugged.

“Pretty good. Though I’m sure that the math teacher is out to get me” I answered while poking my lunch with my chopsticks.

“Don’t worry, that old harp is out to get everybody” Jongin said, flashing a grin.

Is my heart still beating? No way, I must have died and gone to Heaven.

I chuckled a bit before returning back to my lunch.

 

“So, the teachers are okay?” ahjumma interrogated me after school.

“Yeah” I mumbled.

“And your classmates are okay?”

“Yeah.”

“And you like the school building?”

“Yeah.”

“And Jongin is totally hot?”

“Yeah. Wait, what?” I looked at Sehun who was laughing his head off.

“Oh come on, you two couldn’t keep your eyes off of each other! Like you didn’t realize he was staring at you when you were spacing out at lunch” he retorted.

“I totally kept my eyes off of him! Besides, I was NOT spacing out! I was thinking about-“

“Jongin!” I slammed my fists to the table.

“Oppa. I swear, if you say his name one more time, I will physically hurt you” I warned him with my most serious voice. Sehun grinned cheekily.

“Geez, are you threatening me? I wonder what Jongin would think….”

“That’s it, you’re dead” I announced, sprinting after Sehun. We ran into the living room, where Yifan was peacefully reading a book on the sofa. Sehun stood on the sofa next to him.

“You’re stranded, oppa” I told him, ready to attack.

“Oh yeah?” Sehun answered, jumping over the back rest of the sofa, knocking down a pile of books in the process. The books scattered all over Yifan’s lap and I ran after Sehun.

“Damn it, you two!” I heard Yifan’s angry yell from the living room. I ran past the open library door.

“Annie, what are you doing?” Jongdae yelled from the library.

“Killing Sehun” I simply answered. I saw him running into the pool room and ran after him. Baekhyun, Luhan, Tao and Chanyeol were laying on the lounge chairs next to the pool. Sehun suddenly stopped running as we reached the edge of the pool. I, however, had no time to react and took few last running steps towards him and grabbed his shoulders. Suddenly, both Sehun and I fell forward, me still holding on to him.

SPLASH!

We fell into the pool. I panicked a bit, but soon realized what happened and swam to the surface.

“Sehun you idiot!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

“I’m not the one who pushed us into the pool!” he exclaimed. We started to splash water over each other, leaving the others dumbfounded. We were yelling insults and having a heated water fight, when we heard an angry, booming voice:

“BOTH OF YOU, STOP THAT IMMEDIATELY!” Sehun and I completely froze. We looked up and saw a fuming Yifan. We had obviously splashed water all over him too, since he was completely soaked. And boy, was he angry. I could practically see steam rising from his head.

“Oh oh” Sehun whispered.

“JUST WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!? ACTING LIKE FIVE YEAR-OLDS! SHUT UP AND GROW UP!” Yifan’s loud voice echoed through the entire pool room. Everybody was staring at him as he stomped out the room.

What the hell just happened?

Tao and Luhan walked to the edge.

“Come on, Annie, we’ll help you out” Luhan said calmly, noticing the horrified look on my face. I nodded and swam to them. Luhan and Tao lifted me straight to my feet, and Baekhyun wrapped a towel around my shoulders.

 

Dinner was awkward. Sehun and I had apologized to each other before. We had hugged it out and Sehun had promised not to tease me anymore. I had promised that I wouldn’t take things so seriously. Yifan, however, still seemed incredibly irritated and angry. He didn’t say a word during dinner, only ‘thank you Kyungsoo’ as he left the table.  Later, when I was hanging out in my pajamas in the living room, I was thinking whether I should go and talk to Yifan. I asked for Sehun’s advice, and he simply asked:

“If you go, how would you like your funeral to be?” I was quite surprised by his question.

“Look, angry Yifan is angry Yifan, until he magically becomes happy Yifan again. There’s nothing you can do to speed to process. He’ll forget about this.”

“When? Tomorrow?” I asked hopefully. Sehun shook his head.

“In a month or so.”

“What? I don’t want him to hate me for a month!”

“Trust me, it’s for the better.”

I didn’t care about Sehun, and right before going to bed, I walked to Yifan’s bedroom door and knocked on it briskly.

“Come in” I heard his annoyed voice. I carefully stepped in.

“Yifan, I just came to apologize about what happened earlier. It was my entire fault. I’m sorry for bothering you. It won’t happen again, I promise” I sincerely said to him, while bowing. I was waiting for him to kick me out, but no.

“Come here” he sighed, patting the place next to him. I slowly walked to him and sat down, as far away from him as possible. I closed my eyes and hung my head low.

That’s it. Now he’s going to yell at me from the top of his lungs about how stupid and immature I am and he’s going to hate me forever and then I’ll get kicked out of the house because he wants to and I’ll be alone and scared again and my life will be over and-

“I’m sorry.” I immediately looked up at him, puzzled.

“W-what?” I stuttered quietly.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I scared you, I’m sorry that I yelled at you. Sorry.” Yifan really did look like he was sorry. His head was hung low.

“It’s fine, Yifan, I’m sorry too. So we’re good?” Yifan smiled and nodded. He pulled me into a warm hug.

“I just… When I was younger I really hated immaturity and you know… Old habits die hard” he chuckled to himself.

This is the first time I’ve heard him laugh.

“Right, off to bed with you, young lady. You have school tomorrow” Yifan announced, letting me go and pushing me up.

“So do you!” I giggled as I walked to the door. Yifan smiled widely.

“Goodnight, Annie.”

“Goodnight, Yifan.” I bowed and opened the door.

“Annie? You can call me Kris.” 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SO IT IS JONGIN! Wow, I would have never guessed. 

Dude, I had such trouble with this chapter, hence the fact that it's not very good. 

Exhibit a) My Jongin feels *dies into a corner*

b) I've been watching Criminal Minds like mad lately! 

c) My EXO backpack, G-Dragon backpack, Suho necklace and Baekhyun bracelet arrived this week and I've been obsessing over them *My preciousss*

Anyway, thanks for reading! Let me know what you think! 

One EXO member to go... *BWAHHAHHAA* 

Ahem... Sorry about that... 

Here's gorgeus Jongin for ya'll: 

Oh dear. *Gif not mine* 

By the way, anybody on Instagram?