Chapter 5: Set to school

The House For Broken Teens

The next morning I woke up in my own bedroom. I glanced at the clock. 8.03 am.

So I slept over 10 hours?

I stretched my muscles as I walked to the bathroom to take a shower. After showering I got dressed and went downstairs. I stepped into the kitchen, where Kyungsoo was hard at work.

“Good morning, Kyungsoo. Do you want help?” I asked him while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

“Morning. I’m good, thanks, although you could go and wake everybody up. Some of the food is getting cold” he responded with a small smile. I headed out of the kitchen and towards upstairs. I figured that the boys could wake ahjumma and ahjussi up, so I decided to wake up Yifan first. I walked up to his bedroom door and knocked on it. With no response, I knocked again. This time, Yifan growled:

“Come in.” I opened the door and pushed my head in. His bedroom was surprisingly tidy; however his bed was a total mess. He obviously moved a lot in his sleep, since half of his sheets and pillows were on the floor.

“Uh, Kyungsoo wanted me to wake everyone up for breakfast” I quickly told him. Yifan sat up in his bed and ruffled his messy hair.

“I’ll be right there.” I nodded and was about to leave when Yifan continued talking.

“Oh, and by the way Annie, you’re welcome” he simply stated. I turned back around.

“W-What are you talking about?” Yifan laughed.

“Last night. You fell asleep during the movie. How do you think you got to your bed?”

“You carried me?” I asked him when I finally realized what had happened. Yifan nodded.

“Wow. Thank you. You shouldn’t have, though. You should’ve just waked me up.” He laughed again.

“Chanyeol told me that you didn’t sleep much the previous night, so… I didn’t want to disturb your sleep” he said, getting out of bed and walking to his bathroom door.

“Thanks.” I whispered. Yifan gave me one last look, nodded and disappeared into his bathroom.

The next victim was Chanyeol. I knocked on his at least five times, but since I got no response, I just decided to go in. Chanyeol’s room was a mess all around. There were clothes and books and paper scattered all over. In the middle of it all, Chanyeol was snoring loudly.

“Chanyeol” I called from the door.

“Chanyeol.”

“Chanyeol!” Still no response. I walked to his bed, took one of his pillows and hit his head with it as hard as I possibly could.

“OUCH!” he screamed and rubbed the back of his head vigorously. I threw the pillow onto his bed.

“Finally, you’re up. Kyungsoo wants everybody for breakfast” I stated. As I was leaving the room, I felt something soft hit the back of my head. I turned to Chanyeol, who was sticking his tongue out.

Sehun, Yixing and Jongdae were all easy to wake up. Each of them got out of bed as soon as I asked them to.

Baekhyun was unusually cheerful. He was already awake when I knocked on his door. He opened it for me and pulled me into a tight hug.

“Good morning!” he squealed.

“Uh- morning.” Baekhyun let me go.

“Is it family breakfast time?” I nodded.  Baekhyun clapped his hands dramatically.

“Yay! Did you wake up ahjumma and ahjussi already?”

“Nope. I was hoping you would do that” I responded, giving him a small smile.

“Of course!” I watched him run down the hall, punching Tao’s and Luhan’s doors on his way. Soon both of them emerged from their bedrooms. Both of them looked really sleepy. I smiled at them apologetically.

“Breakfast time, guys” I said before running after hyper Baekhyun.

 

The rest of Saturday and Sunday passed, making me completely panicked on Sunday night. I knew that school was beginning for me the next day. I was pacing around my room, frantically looking for my lucky necklace. It was a silver cross necklace that my grandmother gave me when I was nine years old. I swear it I packed when I left the children’s home but I just couldn’t find it anywhere. Sehun was sitting on my bed, legs crossed while peacefully looking at me running around. I finally gave up and collapsed on the bed next to him.

“I’ve lost it” I panted.

“I can’t find the damn necklace anywhere.” Sehun grinned.

“You mean this one?” he hung a silver cross over my face. I angrily snatched it away from him.

“I’ve been looking for this for ages and you had it all this time?! Thanks a dozen” I snorted and noticed the hurt look on his face. I sighed.

“I’m sorry, oppa. I’m just really scared to go to school tomorrow.” Sehun’s face softened.

“Why?” he softly asked. I shrugged.

“I’ve never been really popular in school and I’ve been bullied a lot” I said quietly. Sehun my hair gently.

“Nobody’s going to bully you this time, okay? All eight of us are right there. Not in the same grade though. I have a friend in your grade and he’s really excited to meet you” Sehun tried to encourage me. I looked at him.

“Your friend knows that I’m coming?” Sehun nodded.

“He’s my best friend. Of course I told him about my new sister. I hope you can make friends with him. If you want to, of course. His name is-“ Sehun was interrupted by ahjumma at the door.

“Hey, Annie. All set for school tomorrow?” I nodded.

“Good, good. Well, everybody has an early morning tomorrow, so we should all go to sleep. You too, Sehun” ahjumma said and Sehun picked up the hint.

“Right, sure. Good night, Annie” he patted my head and walked to ahjumma and hugged her.

“Good night, ahjumma.” He then left the room. Ahjumma turned back to me.

“Do you need anything before going to sleep? Something to drink or eat?” I shook my head.

“No, thank you. I’m good” I responded and smiled a bit. She nodded.

“Okay, well, sleep well dear” she said before closing the door after her.

“Good night” I whispered after her. I clutched my necklace in my fist and climbed under the covers.

God I hope that at least Sehun’s friend likes me. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part two of this fabulous double update! 

What's that you say? A new character coming up in the next chapter? Kool, but i wonder who thAt mIght be... 

I wonder who Sehun's friend is... 

Sehun, that doesn't relieve our suspense here! *Gif not mine*

Until next time!