Chapter 3: Gym, spa & Disney?

The House For Broken Teens

One hour later I was still struggling with unpacking. I had discovered that I had my very own bathroom with both a shower and a bathtub. I also had a walk-in closet, which on its own was so large that I could’ve fit all of the furniture from my old home into it. I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering where I should start with unpacking, when I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in” I said without even getting up. The door opened and I heard a soft chuckle from the door.

“Are you okay?” I recognized Chanyeol’s deep voice.

“My brain cannot connect the thoughts of me unpacking and this room together” I said with a blunt voice. Chanyeol walked over to the bed and sat down. I sat up.

“I’m even pretty sure that the closet in itself is bigger than my old home” I exclaimed, pointing my finger towards it. Chanyeol smiled.

“You’re right; this room is even a little bit bigger than the rest of them. But I guess, as the only girl you are like the princess of the household so…  You get the biggest room and things like that.” Chanyeol said calmly.

“Are you jealous?” I asked him and he laughed.

“Heavens no! I still almost get lost in my own bedroom!”

“Have you been here for long?” Chanyeol counted with his fingers.

“Five years” he waved his hand in front of my face and smiled. Baekhyun popped his head in.

“Hey, Annie-shhi. I see your operation unpacking has failed” he grinned and sat down on the floor. I groaned and fell back to the bed.

“Hi kids!” I suddenly heard a happy greeting. I turned my head to see Madam standing on the doorway. I flashed her a smile.

“Hello.” She looked around and smiled.

“I’m glad you haven’t started to unpack your stuff yet. I was thinking that tomorrow you and I could go out and buy you some furniture and things to decorate the room with.” I nodded.

“Sure.” Madam stepped in as Yifan stormed into the room.

“When’s dinner? I’m starving” he simply stated and looked at Madam. She laughed lightly.

“About thirty minutes to go. While you’re waiting, why don’t you go ahead and show Annie the basement?” Chanyeol grinned and nodded vigorously in response.

“Yesyesyes!” he squealed and pulled me off of the bed. Dragging me behind, he yelled:

“Come on come on let’s go!” Yifan rolled his eyes and followed us to the hallway. Tao stepped out of his bedroom.

“What are you guys doing?” he asked and rubbed his eyes. Chanyeol stopped right in front of him.

“We’re going to show Annie-sshi the basement.” His eyes had a strange gleam as he said that.

What the hell is in that basement?

Tao shrugged.

“I’ll come with you” he said closing his bedroom door. Yifan reached us and ripped Chanyeol away from me.

“Yeol, I’m pretty sure she can walk by herself” he gave Chanyeol a stern look.

“Sure. Sorry” Chanyeol grinned and continued his way down the stairs.

“How many floors does this place have?” I asked, following after Chanyeol and Tao. Yifan was running after me.

“Four, if you count the basement and the attic” Tao said smiling.

“Dear god.” We walked all the way to the other end of the house, where Chanyeol opened a wooden door. He beckoned me to go in, but I shook my head.

“God, fine, I’ll go in first” Yifan groaned and stepped inside. As soon as he entered, the room was lit up, revealing another staircase. I looked over to Chanyeol, who was still motioning me to go in. Carefully I followed after Yifan. The staircase wasn’t too long, and soon I found myself in another room, which was dark. Yifan went ahead and the lights, revealing a gymnasium. A huge hall with basketball hoops, a tennis net and those things that acrobats use. My mouth hung open as Chanyeol patted my back.

“I know. You’ll get used to it” he said calmly.

“Did you see the spa, by the way?” he continued. I nodded.

“Jongdae showed me the indoor pool and the sauna department” I told while still looking around the gym. Chanyeol chuckled.

“But how about the spa? He didn’t show you that, right?” I looked over at Chanyeol and raised my eyebrow.

“Come on, I’ll show it to you” he said and ushered me back to the staircase.

“Where are you going?” Tao squeaked as we were leaving the gym.

“Showing her the spa!” Chanyeol yelled as we made our way up the stairs. Back on the first floor, Chanyeol pranced over to the door which leads to the indoor pool. He opened it and we both stepped in. Passing the huge pool, he opened another door at the back of the room. It lead to a smaller room, in which was a hot tub, some more lounge chairs and those painful shower things that old ladies always use at the public baths. On the hot tub was a very happy Jongdae, the hot bubbling water reaching all the way to his neck.

“Jongdae, you piece of slime, I can’t believe you didn’t show her the spa so you could keep it to yourself!” Chanyeol splashed some of the water on Jongdae’s face. Jongdae grinned.

“Sorry” he slurred, apparently dizzy from all the relaxing. I laid myself down on one of the chairs.

“Is there anything that this house doesn’t have?” I sighed.

“A minigolf course” Yifan said and slouched down to the chair next to mine. Baekhyun, who had totally appeared from nowhere, laughed.

“Hyung, you’re so tall that even regular golf is minigolf to you!” Yifan shot him a glare and Baekhyun coughed awkwardly.

“Well, we don’t have regular golf course either.” Suddenly Luhan entered the room.

“What are we discussing about?” he asked as he sat down next to me.

“Things that we don’t have in this house” Jongdae hollered from the hot tub. Luhan looked at me.

“A bowling alley” he simply stated. Yifan clapped his hands in approval.

“Ooh that’s a good one!” Baekhyun said, pointing his finger at Luhan. Jongdae reached for his drink and lifted it up in the air.

“Note to self: talk to ahjumma about a bowling alley!” he announced before taking a sip.

“Do you guys always get what you want?”

“If we really want it, yes” Yifan said before closing his eyes. I turned to stare at the ceiling.

Wait; are those paintings on the ceiling from Disney’s Little Mermaid?

I squinted my eyes as I looked at them. Indeed, Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian and the rest of the characters were playing around in the painting. The painting didn’t look childish at all; it was actually painted in a very tasteful way. The style reminded me of the little angel paintings in the foyer (and Beast’s castle).

“Whoa, that’s amazing” I found myself sighing. Luhan’s head shot up.

“Oh those-“he began.

“Ahjumma really loves Disney films” he continued. I smirked. I really loved Disney films too.

 

­­­­About an hour later, as we were finishing the delicious dinner that Kyungsoo had made, the conversation turned to school. Madam noticed my pale face when the boys were discussing about how someone got beat up in gym class.

“Boys, change the subject. Annie’s getting pale” she noted. I automatically looked down on my dessert when I felt all eyes on me. Yixing, who was seated next to me, placed his hand on my shoulder and gently massaged it.

“Don’t worry, Annie, I’m sure you will be fine” he gave me a reassuring smile.

“Thanks” I whispered.

 

After washing up in the evening, I put on a warm pair of pajamas and waddled my way to the living room where everyone was watching TV.

“Hey guys, I’m going to bed now. Good night” I said from the doorway.

“Okay. Sleep well, dear” Madam smiled at me. 

“Good night!” was heard from the rest of the people before I went back to my bedroom and fell to my bed. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 3! ^^ yay! It's kid of lame though... Currently it's like 1 am and I'm dying because I can't sleep. Plus my head is full of ideas for this story but I can't write about them just yet... AAAAARGHH! Maybe I'll use tomorrow to write. Tomorrow (and today too) in Finland (and some other countries??) we celebrate Midsummer. I don't really if it's like a thing in other countries, but happy Midsummer nevertheless! 

 

Chanyeol and his gorgeous smile want to wish you a happy Midsummer too!^^ 

*Gif not mine