Chapter 14: Making up with Jongin

The House For Broken Teens

Kris POV

 “I really need to meet the detective who worked on my parents’ case.”

“What?” I was truly taken aback by her sudden statement. Why would she ever want to do that?

“I need to meet up with him. I want to talk about it. The victims.” She kept staring at the ceiling. I adjusted the tie of my school uniform and looked at my watch. Only a few more minutes until I had to leave for school.

“You can talk about anything with us, you know.”

“You don’t need any detectives for that.” Annie sat up and looked at me with a serious expression.

“Kris, you don’t understand. I have to talk to him. There are some things that… I wasn’t able to tell during the interrogations. Things that need to be told.” She wasn’t joking, I was sure of that. If this was going to help her move on, then hell, it needed to be done.

“Okay. If you really think so, then I think I know someone who might be able to help you.”

“Who is it?” Annie asked eagerly.

“Well, you’re not going to like this, but… Jongin’s dad is like a detective sergeant or something. I think he would know who investigated the case.” Her excited smile slowly faded away. She was quiet for a while before speaking up again:

“Well, I guess that means that I should talk to Jongin.”

“Are you sure you want to? I mean he’s kind of an .”

Tsk. Understatement of the year.

“Well, yeah, but I think he deserves another chance. He did try to stop them at least. And if his dad can help me then…”

“Little girl, are you about to learn the art of taking advantage of someone?” I grinned at her and she hit my arm.

“I’m not taking advantage of anybody, okay? I just need Jongin and his dad. Oh and by the way, I have to talk to Jongin today.”

“You can call him during his lunch hour, right? Until that, you should sleep. We’ll be back from school around four o’clock.”

“But I kind of want to call him right n-“

“Young lady, put your head on that pillow right now.”

 

Jongin’s POV:

I was sure that Annie would never forgive after what I’d done, so imagine my surprise when she called me during lunch. I quickly swallowed my kimchi and picked up my phone.

“Annie, hi, oh my god, I’ve so much I want to tell you, I’m so sorry for—“

“Yes, Jongin, I know, I know. Look, I want to talk to you about something. I could you pleasepleaseplease come over when you leave from school?” Wow. She wanted me to come over. Maybe she isn’t so mad at me after all.

“Yeah, sure. I um.. I finish at two o’clock, so I’ll just come right over.”

“Great. Thanks Jongin. I’ll see you then. Bye” she cheerfully said before hanging up.

“Bye” I mumbled and put my phone down.

 

So, after two o’clock I headed towards Annie’s house. I thanked my luck that Sehun and the others were still in school; otherwise there could’ve been an uproar. Kyungsoo apparently knew that I was coming, since he just pointed to Annie’s bedroom.

“Go ahead.” I quickly bowed to Kyungsoo before running two steps at a time to her room. The door was already wide open. I carefully peeked in. Annie was sitting on her bed, legs crossed, reading a book. I wondered how she had the energy to dress up and clean her room even after everything that’s been going on. I stood there looking at her for a good few minutes, before I cleared my throat. She looked up at me and smiled.

“Hey Jongin. Come in.” I set my backpack down on the floor.

“And close the door, please.”

I’m liking where this is going…

No, Jongin, get those thoughts out of your mind and focus!

You little ert…

I mentally scolded myself for my impure thoughts and closed the door. Annie patted a place on her bed.

“Take a seat.” I sat down. When I finally had the courage to speak up, the words wouldn’t stop coming.

“Annie, I want to say that I’m really sorry about what happened and I know that I should’ve told you and if I could turn back time I would tell you and I really don’t know what to say. Although I’m saying things all the time but none of it makes really difference but anyways I’m so sor---“ Annie cut me off by pressing her finger on my lips.

Oh no, Annie, don’t do that. You don’t know what kind of a weirdo I am…

“Jongin, stop talking. I know that you’re sorry, and you’re forgiven, but I really need your help with something” she said softly before withdrawing her finger. I sat there, staring at her, until I blurted out:

“Anything. Anything you need, just tell me.”

“Well um…” Annie got up from the bed and took the book back to the shelf. She wrapped her cardigan tighter around herself and leaned on the bedpost.

“For these past days I’ve had nightmares and I guess last week they got really bad and…”

“So you need someone to sleep next to you every night? Yeah I can do that.”

Jongin, you . Now’s definitely not the time for flirting.

I immediately realized what I had just said and closed my eyes in embarrassment.

“Sorry, you were saying?” Annie gave me a small smile before sitting back down.

“Well, a lot of things were left unsolved of my parents’- or should I say our – case. Mainly because I wasn’t able to talk about everything because I was too scared. But anyways… There are some things that the police still doesn’t know. And I know it sounds weird, but there are some things I would like to know about the victims.”

How does this have to do with me?

“So I was talking to Kris earlier and he said that your dad…” she looked at me to see how I would react.

“…Is a detective sergeant and he might know who investigated the case.”

Oh I get it now.

“And you want me to ask him about it.” Annie nervously bit her lip and nodded.

“…That’s what I was going to ask, yes.”

“Please Jongin” she pleaded when I didn’t respond. She took my hand in hers and shook it.

“Please Jongin. Please.”

“Are you sure you want to do this?” She nodded ten times in response.

“My dad might not even know, you know.”

“If he doesn’t know then I’ll let this thing go but could you please ask him?” She looked like a lost puppy when she looked at me with her big, blue eyes.

“You know what, my dad’s out of town right now, but he comes home tomorrow afternoon. How about I’ll ask him about it, and then I’ll give you call straight away?”

“Thankyouthankyouthankyou!” Annie squealed and threw her arms around me. I was frozen for a moment before I hugged her back.

“I can’t believe you’re so excited of something that may not even happen.” She pulled back and set her hands into her lap.

“If I don’t meet that detective I’ll never get a closure to this thing.”

“Okay, I understand. I guess I should go before the guys get home from school. I think none of them are really fond of me right now.” Annie smirked.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure that I do something about that.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin you ert!

This time I literally have nothing else to say other than: thank you for reading, I love you, thank you and see you soon!

Don't die because of Jongin's hotness, 'kay? *Gif not mine*