Chapter 18: Nap time

The House For Broken Teens

”Joonmyeon, I still don’t understand.” Frustrated, I threw my pencil on the table and blew air on my bangs. Joonmyeon chuckled as he dragged his chair closer to mine. He picked the pencil up and placed it back on my hand.

“I am here to help you understand. Now tell me what’s the matter and we’ll try to solve your problem together” he calmly said. I explained my mathematic problem to him and he slowly broke it down for me. I stared at him.

“….Soooo what you’re telling me is that I should mark this number down right here and divide it with this later on?” I asked him carefully. Joonmyeon clapped his hands and patted my shoulder.

“That’s it!” he said cheerfully. I mentally congratulated myself for understanding (at least kind of) the task. Joonmyeon took his own green pen, to which he referred to as his “teacher pen” – he wanted to use a red pen but I asked him to use a green one instead – and drew a smiley face next to the task.

“Knock knock.” We both looked at the doorway and saw a happy Kyungsoo, carrying a tray with two cups and two plates with pieces of cake. I motioned him to come in. He took careful steps to our small table and placed the tray down.

“I thought that since you two have had a long day and you have a full hour to go, you might need some snacks∼” Kyungsoo hummed happily as he placed the cups and the plates on the table. I smiled as I took a bite of my cake.

“This is the best school ever! My teacher draws me smiley faces, we get cake and tea brought to us as a snack and not to mention the cook is too handsome and talented∼” Kyungsoo grinned as a response and winked. Joonmyeon took a sip of his tea and looked at me in disbelief.

“What about me? I mean, I’m a pretty handsome and talented teacher, right?” I patted his shoulder.

“Sure you are” I quickly said before taking another bite of cake.

“Well, I’ll leave you to study” Kyungsoo said as he took the tray and held it under his arm.

“Thank you, Kyungsoo” Joonmyeon and I said in unison as Kyungsoo walked away. He flashed another smile before closing the door behind him.

An hour later I walked Joonmyeon to the front door.

“You know, I think that we had a very successful first day - ” he said when I opened the door for him.

“- Sooner or later you’ll be smarter than me.”

“Yup. Every moment spent with you I feel like my IQ keeps getting higher and higher.” I gave him a thumbs up and grinned.

“I seriously meant that” Joonmyeon said. I nodded.

“I know. I think it was a good day too. I really learned something today.” Joonmyeon’s lips curved into a smile.

“Good. Like I said, no homework today, but remember what I taught you today, okay?” I nodded as a response.

“Okay, I’ll go then. Thank you for today∼ Bye∼” he said as he left towards his car. I waved at him.

“Thank you teacher Kim∼ Bye” I yelled after him. Before he stepped into his car, he grinned at my new nickname for him. I closed the door and headed to the library. I quickly stacked up the books and notes into neat piles on the table and snatched my phone with me. I went to my bedroom and threw myself on the bed. I was exhausted because of the lack of sleep the previous night. As I was drifting comfortably to sleep, surprise surprise, my phone started to ring. I groaned as I picked the thing up and pressed the answer button without even opening my eyes. I lifted the phone to my ear and mumbled:

“Hello?” I heard soft chuckling from the other end of the line.

“Did I like wake you up from a coma or something?” I figured out that the person calling me was Jongin.

“I was about to take a nap” I muttered, still staying in the same position.

“Well in case you don’t remember, we have some things to do today. So, right now I’m in front of your house. My dad is going to pick us up later. Can you come and open the door for me?” I groaned once again.

“It’s unlocked. Open your own damn door. I’m up in my bedroom.” I said before rudely hanging up. I heard the front door open and close and soon after that the same happened to my bedroom door. I felt the weight of another person on my bed and opened my eyes to make sure it was Jongin. Indeed, there he was, sitting next to me with his legs stretched out. He reached his hand to move my hair out of my face and I closed my eyes.

“Hello sunshine!” he greeted me sarcastically. I threw a pillow on his legs and rested my head on it.

“What are you doing?” he asked in a slight panic. I made myself comfortable in his lap.

“If you’re going to barge in on my nap time, you might as well make yourself useful” I told him as I buried my feet under the thick blanket that was resting at the end of the bed.

“Hold on then” Jongin said and gently pushed me away. He made himself comfortable as he fully lay down. He threw my pillow onto his stomach and patted it.

“There we go. Come on.” I crawled up to him and rested my head on the pillow again. Jongin placed his other hand on my shoulder; with the other he pulled the blanket over us.

“My dad said that he’ll call me when he’s coming to pick us up. Until that it’s nap time.” I happily fell asleep next to Jongin.

Jongdae’s POV:

After I got home from school I wanted to ask Annie about her first day with Joonmyeon, so I threw my schoolbag in front my bedroom door and went to hers. I softly knocked on it with my knuckle and quietly opened the door. She wasn’t by her desk and I opened the door even wider.

What the…?

She was on her bed, sleeping next to… Jongin?! I stared at the sight in front of me with my mouth hanging open. Chanyeol happily skipped towards me.

“Hey, hyung, what are looki- WHAT!?” he yelled when he saw Annie and Jongin. I slapped my hand in front of his mouth to shut him up. Suddenly Annie stirred in her sleep. Luckily, she didn’t wake up. Luhan, Baekhyun, Sehun, Yixing and Tao also gathered to witness the shocking sight. When Kris saw what we were looking at, he went mental.

“That’s it, now I’ll kick his all the way to the freaking North Pole!” he screamed out. He was about to attack Annie’s bedroom, but Tao, Sehun and Chanyeol stopped him by pushing him against the wall while I shut the door. Kris kept kicking and screaming as they made him sit down on the floor until he calmed down a little.

“Hyung, calm down” Tao said as he patted Kris’ shoulder.

“I can’t calm down! He totally crossed the line!” he exclaimed and flailed his hands around.

“They were just taking a nap. That doesn’t mean anything” I said as I sat down across from Kris. He let out a dry laugh and ran his fingers through his hair.

“I’d buy that excuse if they were on different sides of the bed, but she was like on top of him. And he was touching her! Nobody does that to my little sister!”

Silence.

“I’m going with them today. No way am I letting that son of a get any closer to her” Kris suddenly said, making everybody else panic.

“What, hyung, you can’t!” Sehun cried out. Kris glared at him.

“Why couldn’t I?” Sehun nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

“Not offense hyung, but… you are quite known for your bad temper… and Annie doesn’t need that kind of pressure” he carefully said, looking like he was ready to sprint away if Kris decided to decapitate him. Instead, Kris just huffed.

“Fine, one of you goes then. Yixing, I think it should be you. You’re the most rational out of all eight of us.” Yixing sighed.

“I’ll go. But I’ll go to support her, not because you guys want to keep them apart. If they really like each other, why should we try stop them?” 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOOOOO new subbies! Thanks guys! (:

So lately there's been a lot of fluffy Jongin-ness (yes it's a word) and for those of you who are missing the rest of the boys (I know I am) I have some good news! After chapter number 19 I'll let Jongin kind of take a break for a while and create some precious sibling moments! 

Gosh that was cheesy. 

Making his grand debut on our series of "Gifs finishing a chapter" please welcome Chen!

Heeeey! ~ *Gif not mine*

Thanks again for reading and let me know what you think!