Chapter 11: Bedtime

The House For Broken Teens

Before I went to bed that night I decided to say good night to everyone individually. I started by going downstairs to see if Kyungsoo and Minseok were still there. I found Kyungsoo packing his stuff in the kitchen.

“Hey Kyungsoo. You’ve had a long day, I see.” Kyungsoo flashed me a smile.

“I think everybody has. Are you okay?” I nodded.

“Will be, at least.” There was an awkward silence.

“Well I came to just say good night and offer you a hug if you… need one.” Kyungsoo immediately dropped everything he was holding and stretched his arms out. I laughed a bit before hugging him. When we let go, I said:

“Good night, Kyungsoo. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Kyungsoo patted my head.

“Good night, Annie. Try to get some sleep.” I nodded.

“Drive safely, Kyungsoo.”

I met Minseok in the garage right as he was about to leave.

“I just came to say good night. So, uh, good night” I smiled at him.

“Good night, Annie. Can I get a hug?” I nodded and ran to hug him.

I said good night to ahjumma and ahjussi and then I knocked on Luhan’s door.

“Come in.” I opened the door and slid into his room. He was lying on his bed, his head hanging from the edge of the bed. His eyes were closed.

“You know, Luhan, normal people use a pillow to hold their heads while they sleep.” Luhan opened his eyes and grinned. He swung himself up so that he was sitting.

“Yah, I know that. What can I do for you, pumpkin?”

“I just came to say goodnight. And give you a hug if you need one” I told him.

“I never refuse a hug, pumpkin.” I plopped down next to him and hugged him.

“If there’s anything I can do for you, pumpkin, let me know okay?” he mumbled.

“Well, there is one thing” I whispered as Luhan tightened his grip.

“What’s that, pumpkin?”

“You could stop calling me pumpkin.”

“That’s a no-can-do, pumpkin” Luhan answered and we both burst into laughter.

I left Luhan’s room and went to Kris’ room. He was sitting on the floor with his back resting against his bed. He was holding a photo album in his large hands.

“Hey, Kris, what’s that?” I asked him as I closed the door behind me. Kris smiled a little and made room for me to sit down.

“This is a photo album of my family. I took it from my old home before I left for good.” I saw a single tear rolling down his cheek. I wiped it away and wrapped my arms around him.

“I’m sorry, Kris.” He let out a small laugh and wiped another tear away before closing the album and putting it away. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on the top of my head.

“Don’t be. It’s not like you’ve had it any better. In fact, I think you’ve had it the worst.” I didn’t answer.

“Do you have an album like that of this family?” I looked up at Kris. He shook his head.

“They don’t even know about this one. I don’t want them to think that I’m a big softie.” I giggled.

“Too late. Everybody knows that you’re in fact a giant Care bear.”

“What? No I’m not! I’m the scary big brother! ROAR!” I bent in half with too much laughter. Kris looked totally dumbfounded when I wiped the tears from laughter.

“Yeah, sure you are” I said reassuringly and patted his shoulder. I stood up slowly.

“Anyways, I think it’s best to go to bed. Good night, Kris.”

“Good night, Annie. Sleep well. You know where I am if you need me.” My hand was already on the door handle.

Should I say it?

I turned back around to face Kris.

“You know what you are, Kris?” He shook his head.

“You are this family’s Totoro.” Kris raised his eyebrows as he was saying ‘what?’

“Like in the movie, Totoro is first kind of weird and a bit scary, but he’s really super squishy and soft and warm. Just like you, Kris.” His shoulders slumped and he threw his head back.

“Look, little girlie, because of you my manliness has completely deflated during the past five minutes. Off to bed with you, young lady.” I saw him grin before I made my way of his room.

When I went to Chanyeol’s room, I found out that Sehun was there too. They were apparently studying (or at least pretending to) since the room was scattered with school books and papers.

“I just came to say good night” I said as I jumped over the papers and onto Chanyeol’s bed.

“What are you guys doing?”

“I think it’s quite clear that we’re studying” Sehun snorted while playing with his phone.

“Sure does look like it” I said as I lay down next to him.

“Is that Angry Birds? That is educational.” Sehun’s cheeks became red. He flashed me a nervous smile.

“I was just taking a break” he said before shoving his phone away. Chanyeol pushed a heap of stuff to the floor and laid down on the other side of me.

“What’s up Annie?” I shrugged.

“Nothing much. I just thought I’d say good night to everyone. Are you guys okay?”

“We’re great. We have a math test tomorrow, though. Hence all this mess.”

“And Angry Birds helps you with any of that how?” I playfully poked Sehun’s side and he responded by sticking his tongue out. I sat up.

“Well, I’ll leave you to study. Make sure that you get enough sleep, guys. Good night.” I hugged both them before stumbling to the door.

“Annie.” I heard Chanyeol’s deep voice. I turned around.

“Yeah?”

“You know where we are if you need us.”

I couldn’t find Yixing in his room, so I went to Jongdae’s room. He already was under the covers, so I went to give him a quick hug and left his room to let him sleep.

I heard music from Tao’s room, but when I knocked, nobody answered. I slowly opened the door and peeked inside. Seeing that Tao was dressed and everything, I stepped in. Tao was holding a huge teddy bear, dancing waltz with it. He was so absorbed in it that he didn’t even notice me before I giggled loudly. Tao blushed to shade of a fire truck, threw the bear to the other side of the room and turned the music off.

“That was uh…” I motioned him to stop.

“No need to explain. I just came to say good night and offer a free hug for those who need it.” Tao still looked embarrassed when he pulled me into a hug. We wished each other good night before I knocked softly on Baekhyun’s door. When he didn’t answer, I carefully peeked in, only to see Baekhyun lying on his bed, hugging his math book, softly snoring. I chuckled quietly before going closer. I carefully took the book from him, closed it and placed it in his schoolbag. I covered him with his comforter before turning the lights off and sneaking out of his room.

I’m definitely going to find Yixing before going to bed.

I quickly looked through the music room and game room upstairs. With no result, I went downstairs. When he wasn’t in the living room, kitchen or theater so I thought I’d check the unusual rooms. My first try was the library, still no Yixing. After looking for him in the gym, backyard and ahjussi’s office, I went to pool room, definitely not expecting to find him there.

But what did I see when I went there.

Yixing was fast asleep on one of the lounge chair. His hair was a wet mess and his mouth hung wide open. I tiptoed right to him and shook him gently.

“Yixing-oppa, wake up. Go to your own bed to sleep.” Yixing’s eyes fluttered open and he looked at me for a long time.

“Where are we?”

“We’re in the pool room. Come on now, let’s get you to bed.” Yixing sat up and looked around him, confused.

“Was I sleeping?” I chuckled lightly before sitting down next to him.

“Yes, you were. And I suggest you continue that activity in your own bedroom.” Yixing rested his head on my shoulder.

“I guess I sleepwalked again. I’m sorry.” His voice sounded so sad and apologetic that I felt bad too.

“It’s completely fine.” I heard soft snores and realized that Yixing was asleep again. I sighed and shook him gently again.

“Oppa, upstairs, come on” I pleaded as I tried to pull him up. Yixing groaned as I dragged him all the way to his bedroom. Once we were there, I motioned him to get into his bed. Yixing did as he was told and I covered him with his comforter.

“Annie, you’re amazing, you know that right?”

“What do you mean?” I sat down next to Yixing as he cuddled with his pillows.

“I mean that you’ve had the two iest days ever, and yet you still have the energy to tuck your big brother to bed.”

“We couldn’t have you sleeping in the pool room, right?”

“Thank you, Annie” Yixing said before yawning like a lion. I took that as a sign to let him sleep.

“Good night, oppa” I whispered before lightly kissing his cheek and leaving his room. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so this chapter did absolutely nothing to the storyline whatsoever, but I thought that this kind of chapter woul do good because: 

A) Lots of sad and bad stuff has happened

B) Lots of sad and bad stuff will happen. 

Soooo this time I have nothing else to say I guess. EXCEPT 

Do you guys know what I just realized? One night, I was browsing through EXO predebut photos (cuz that's what I do at night when I can't sleep) and you know what? Predebut Kris looked EXACTLY like Scar from the Lion King! Don't believe me? Lemme prove this to you: 

 

This is Kris.                                                                                                                                 And this is Scar.

To me, the resemblance is uncanny. I can't even errrmageeerd. 

Nobody thinks so? 

Okay...

So i'll just give you the gif and leave... 

I'll just take Yixing and go... *grabs Yixing's hand and sadly walks away* 

Bye y'all!