Chapter 25: Early morning encounters

The House For Broken Teens

I turned around and my eyes widened in shock.

“Jongin!” I screamed as I pushed the grinning boy off of me, making him stumble backwards.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” I continued as I placed my bag onto the bed and sat next to it to catch a breath.

“I almost had a heart attack.” I was seriously angry at him, but he was practically laughing. I threw a pillow at him.

“Not funny! Seriously. Especially not with my crazy parents on the loose.” Jongin sat next to me and wrapped me into a tight hug.

“I’m sorry, love” he mumbled against my shoulder.

“I am just trying to cheer you up.” I snorted.

“A thoughtless idiot is what you are.” After seeing the hurt look on his face, I realized that instead of Kris, it was me who was treating him badly.

“I’m sorry” I said as I took his hand in mine. I rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb and his cheek.

“I’m just really scared, you know.”

“I know baby, I know.” There was a long, yet comfortable silence between us as we both stared at the ceiling. Being the lazy person that I am, I was already drifting to sleep when I heard Jongin speak again.

“This just really .” I waited for him to continue.

“I mean, we just started dating and we should be like happy and everything but just keeps happening.” That was the first time I had ever heard him curse. He sounded so funny that I just burst into laughter. Jongin sat there, looking at me with a confused expression.

“Oh honey” I said after I calmed down.

“Cursing is not for you.” I kissed his cheek and dragged him downstairs for a snack.

Later that night I came home from the movies with Jongin. He insisted that I go with him. He used his powerful aegyo on me, so of course I couldn’t refuse. He took me to see a Disney film, even though I had already seen that one.

When I had already gone to bed, I heard a message coming to my phone. I could barely open my eyes when I felt around the nightstand for my phone. When I unlocked it, I noticed that the message was from Jongin.

Good evening, princess. Thank you for accompanying me tonight to the movies. I had a splendid time. I know that you must be worried about your brother. Don’t worry, I’m sure that you’ll see him soon.

Perhaps you would like to come with me tomorrow to watch the sunrise? Let’s meet in front of your house at 4.45. I promise I’ll look after you ;)

  • Your prince, Jongin.

I covered my face in shame and giggled at his lameness. I then went back to bed. I had an early morning, after all.

*Jongin’s POV*

When I got home from my date with Annie, I looked everywhere for my phone, but I just couldn’t find it.

“Mom? Dad? Have you seen my phone?” I even asked my parents, earning a negative answer from both.

“Oh man, I must’ve lost it then” I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly, knowing that my parents probably wouldn’t be happy. To my surprise, my dad just casually said:

“Oh don’t worry, we’ll just buy you a new one tomorrow.”

But my old one has all the pictures of me and Annie.

*Luhan’s POV*

Mr. and Mrs. Bastard came back when it was already dark outside. They were incredibly happy about something.

“We really hit the jackpot this time babe!” the man squealed like a little girl, to which the woman replied by jumping around.

“Luhan, why don’t you come closer?” she cooed. I reluctantly got up from my corner and went to the front of the cage. I curled my fingers through the iron wire.

“Do you know what this is?” she asked me, waving a phone in front of me. I sighed as I was annoyed with her stupid question.

“Looks like a phone to me.” She smiled an obnoxious smile.

“You’re such a smart boy. But do you know whose phone this is?” This time, I just shook my head. She pressed the little button on the side of the phone, making the phone wallpaper pop up. I gasped in shock.

The wallpaper was a picture of Annie with Jongin. Jongin was taking the picture with his other hand, the other was gently wrapped around Annie. She had her arms around his shoulders and she was shyly burying her face to the crook of his neck.

Oh .

“Yep, this is our daughter’s little boyfriends’ phone” the man as he proudly took the phone from his wife.

Oh oh oh .

“Honey, let’s send her a text message” he said, to which the woman replied with an eager nod. Together they dug through his phone.

“Aww, he even saved her number under “My love.” Isn’t that just adorable?” the woman said. The man chuckled.

“Too bad their puppy love won’t last long” he said, making both of them laugh. After another while of them fiddling with the phone, they were apparently satisfied with their text. As there was nothing I could do, I retrieved back to my little corner.

“This is amazing” the woman smiled as she walked to my cage and knelt down.

“Tomorrow morning, Annie will think that Jongin will be waiting for her. Instead, she will join our little family.”

Annie, for once in your life, do not go out to meet him. Please.

 

*Annie’s POV*

I stumbled outside just around 4.45, only to find out that Jongin wasn’t there yet. I wrapped my arms around myself to prevent the cold from getting to me.  I walked out to the street and turned to the direction that Jongin should be coming from.

“Come on, Jongin, where are you?” I mumbled to myself. Just then, two hands covered my eyes.

“What are you doing you crazy person?” I chuckled as I took his hands off of my eyes and turned around to meet him. As soon as I was met with a devilish grin far too familiar, my face went white.

“Long time no see, Miranda.” I stumbled back to try and escape from my “beloved” parents, but I didn’t get far before my father grabbed both of my wrists. I wanted to scream but no sound came out. In my mind I begged Kris or somebody else to come outside, but since it was only almost 5 am, everybody was sound asleep. I mentally cursed myself for being stupid as I was dragged into a van. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty then! 

I almost named this chapter " goes down" because of a comment that I got on the last chapter and it made me laugh all day :D 

Recently I'm experiencing some difficulties with Microsoft Word, because my last subscription of it ended and now I have to get a new one -_- So we'll see when I update again.

The ending of this chapter is not very good (and I will probably edit it later a little bit) but I just felt like I needed to update. 

This time I'm choosing Chanyeol to end the chapter, even though he doesn't really have much to do with this chapter. But my Chanyeol feels lately OMG I CAN'T EVEN 

I don't know whatcha trying to do, but I don't think that's how you do it. *Gif not mine*

Thanks lovelies for reading and lemme know what you think! <3

By the way, if any of you still want to catch me on Instagram, I'm @missedneverland