Chapter 1: Moving in

The House For Broken Teens

Chapter 1: Moving in

I stood in front the huge, mansion-like building and fumbled with the hem of my dress.  The chauffer, Mr. Kim, was lifting my heavy luggage out of the car and placing everything around me.  He lifted the last bag on the ground and turned to me.

“Well, that’s everything. Is there anything else I can do for you, miss?” I turned around to make eye contact with him and shook my head.

“T-Thank you, Mr. Kim” I replied with a small smile. He touched the visor of his hat lightly and chuckled.

“Please, miss, call me Minseok.” He looked over to the front porch and smiled.

“Well, Madam Song is here, so I’ll be on my way then” Minseok bowed to me and I bowed back. I turned back to face the house, and indeed, coming down the stairs was a woman. She was wearing a long blue dress, with sleeves that reached her fingertips. Her greyish hair was tied up into a huge bun and shoes made funny sounds as they hit the stone. The woman was wearing a ton of jewelry, and on her face was plastered a huge smile. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I heard Minseok leaving with the car and the woman was approaching me. As soon as she reached me, I was pulled into a tight hug. I completely froze when she wrapped her strong arms around me.

“You must be Annie!” she exclaimed happily as she let go of me and cupped my face between her hands. I felt her long, dark red fingernails on the skin of my cheeks and forced myself to smile.

“T-That’s me” I stuttered quietly and she laughed loudly.

“No need to be shy here, dear. My name is Amanda Song, some call me Madam Song, but you can call me Amanda, ahjumma or if you want, mom. Welcome home!” she threw her arms in the air and clapped her hands.

This is so far from home.

She gently pushed me towards the huge house. I remembered my luggage behind me and quickly turned around.

“Oh don’t worry, dear, I’ll get somebody to bring them inside for you” Madam Song turned me back around and wrapped her arm around my shoulders and led me to the front door. She pulled one of the double doors open and beckoned me to go inside. As soon as I stepped in to the foyer, I was completely astonished. Not only was the foyer huge, but the white marble everywhere made it seem even bigger. The place was decorated with golden and red accessories. In the middle there was a majestic staircase, covered with red carpeting, leading upstairs. My mouth hung open from amazement as I looked up to the ceiling. It was completely covered with paintings. And not just any paintings, but exact copies of the paintings in the ballroom of Beast’s castle. Yes, as in the Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast.

This room is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

My train of thought was interrupted when I heard someone running towards us. A boy with black hair ran to Madam and embraced her into a tight hug.

“Ahjumma!” he screamed happily and Madam laughed.

“Baekhyun-ah, there is someone you need to meet” the boy peeled himself off Madam and turned to me.

“Baekhyun, this is Annie. She’ll be living with us from now on. ” I gave him a small smile as he politely offered his hand and smiled. I took his hand and gently shook it. We both bowed to each other slightly.

“So nice to meet you, Annie-sshi.” I noticed that when Baekhyun smiled, his mouth formed a rectangle shape. Thinking of that, my smile grew wider as I squeaked a response:

“You too, Baekhyun-ah.” Baekhyun and I detached our hands and he chuckled.

“You can call me Baekhyun-oppa” he told me with a gentle voice. I looked into his dark brown eyes and nodded.

“Okay” I said quietly. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

“Okay, Baekhyun-oppa” I said again and Baekhyun patted my head.

“Good girl.” Madam put her hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Baekhyun-ah, would you carry Annie’s luggage to her bedroom?” Baekhyun saluted Madam.

“I’m on it” he announced. He went past us to the front door, but before he stepped out, he turned back to say:

“By the way, Annie-sshi, welcome home.” I smiled weakly in response before he disappeared.

Next Madam led me to the kitchen, which, of course, was huge too. The countertops were black marble, and the top cupboards were a matching colour. The drawers below the countertops were milky white. In front of the sink, there was another boy, with his back facing us.

“Kyungsoo” Madam called out. The boy turned off the tap, dried his hands with kitchen towel and turned to face us. He was smiling brightly and just like Baekhyun, he had jet black hair.

“Kyungsoo-ah, this is Annie. She’ll be living here from now on. Annie-sshi, this Kyungsoo, our personal chef” I shook Kyungsoo’s hand and bowed.

“Nice to meet you” I told him.

“Likewise” he replied.

“Annie-sshi, I heard that you like cooking and baking. I’m sure Kyungsoo won’t mind if you want to help him out sometimes.”

“I would love to have some company here. You’re welcome anytime. Feel free to use whatever you find in the cupboards” Kyungsoo smiled and turned back to the sink.

I walked behind Madam as we went to another room next to the kitchen, which was a movie theater. Their very own movie theater! There were two rows of red sofas, a huge silver screen and a popcorn machine along with a mini fridge. I was expecting to see someone there, but the theater was empty.

The next room was the living room. As all the other rooms, it was huge as well. In front of the huge window was a pool table, and the other three corners had sofas and small coffee tables. In the middle of the room, between the two big windows, was a fireplace. Above that fireplace was a gigantic flat screen TV. In front the TV was another sofa. I noticed somebody lying on it.

“This, my dear, is the living room” Madam told me as I looked around. The person from the sofa lifted his head up.

“Hey∼” he cooed with melodic voice.

“Ah, Jongdae-sshi” Madam smiled and the boy lifted himself from the sofa.

“This is your new little sister, Annie. Annie, this is Jongdae” Jongdae had a warm smile as he shook my hand.

“Lovely to meet you” his voice was soft and calming.

“Jongdae-sshi, could you please show Annie the rest of the house? I have some things to take care of” Madam lightly touched his shoulder and he nodded.

“Of course I can.” Madam turned to me.

“Jongdae-sshi will look after you from now on. He’ll show you around the house and tell you whatever you need to know. If you need me, I’ll be in my office, which is… well Jongdae will show it to you later. Will you be okay?” she asked me and I nodded.

“I will. Thank you” I responded. Madam gave us a smile before walking out of the room. I turned to Jongdae.

“Well, shall we?” Jongdae asked, stretching his arm towards the hallway. I nodded and stepped out of the room with him following right behind me.

“So, I guess you’ve already seen the kitchen, and…”

“The theater. Yup. How is it even possible to have a personal theater?” I wondered while looking around the hallway. Jongdae laughed.

“You’ll be surprised once you see everything else in here. Have you met a lot of people?” I shook my head.

“Minseok, Baekhyun-oppa, Kyungsoo and you” I told him. He chuckled.

“Baekhyun-oppa?” he raised his eyebrows. I nodded.

“Yeah, that’s what he told me to call him” I explained.

“Well, he’s probably really excited to have a little sister. You’re the only girl here, you know that? Well, besides ahjumma of course. Hey look, here’s the indoor pool” he said opening a door, revealing a spa-like room with a large swimming pool, lounge chairs and a wall that consisted of nothing but windows. My jaw dropped.

“There’s an indoor pool?!” I squealed, making Jongdae laugh again.

“Yeah, it’s a bit smaller than the outdoor pool but-“

“There’s an outdoor pool too?!” I screamed again. Jongdae patted my head.

“You’re so cute.” He grabbed my arm gently and pulled me from the door.

“Come on, there’s much more to see.”

Jongdae showed me the library, Madam’s office, backyard (with the pool!) bathroom, sauna department and dining room before stopping in front of the last door of downstairs.

“This is ahjussi’s office. Let’s knock and see if he’s here” he said, knocking on the door.

“Come in!” I heard a strong male voice from the room. Jongdae opened the door for me and pushed me into the room. In the middle of the room was large wooden desk. Behind the desk was a man, about Madam’s age, writing something down on a sheet of paper. When we stepped inside, he lifted his head up smiled warmly.

“Well then, you must be Annie” he stated. He got up from his seat and walked up to me and Jongdae.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Seung Ho Song. Feel free to call me ahjussi or anything you like” he smiled and shook my hand. I bowed towards him.

“Nice to meet you too” I said quietly. Mr. Song smiled and turned to Jongdae.

“So you’ve been showing her the house, right?” Jongdae nodded in response.

“Yes, I still have to show her the upstairs.”

“Well, off you go then. See you later, Annie” Mr. Song returned back to his seat and I bowed to him once again.

“See you later” I said before following Jongdae to the hallway. Jongdae looked at his watch.

“Hey, the boys should be home from school soon” he said and started to walk up the stairs.

“Don’t you go to school?” I wondered as I did my best to keep up with him.

“Of course I do. I just had a day off today. Like Baekhyun” he explained.

“Oh.” Suddenly the front door shot open and the hallway was filled with voices.

“Is she here yet?” I heard someone question. I turned around and saw another six boys in their school uniforms. 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that's chapter number one, yay! ^^ I know that I didn't give Annies story (or anybody elses) but I felt like they didn't really fit here and you will learn more about them later. Let me know if you liked this or not! :3 

Hi Baekhyun :3 ^^

Baekkie says bye bye :3