Visions

Reincarnation

The night seemed to run towards the sky, the day went by in minutes, the people walking hastily. She looked around, her eyes disoriented as she held her head in her hands. The throbbing on it driving her crazy. She gulped once more as the people started to turn blurry by the speed of the day. She turned around, looking everywhere, completely lost in trance. In the distance, the man of her dreams walked towards her, this time, his white buttoned shirt was ed and she noticed a few tattoos on his skin. She looked at him with curious eyes as he walked towards her.

“I finally found you.” He murmured. His voice running through her mind, mixing with her veins, and she felt the comfort of familiarity on him. He was someone her soul knew, but she had no idea who he was.

“Who are you?” She asked the same question she had been asking since he crept into her dreams. He smiled at her and nodded, extending his hand towards her. She hesitated, not wanting to please his desires in any way. “Answer me.”

“But you know me already.” He simply said. She shook her head violently as he kneeled in front of her. She had fallen to the concrete, crying hard.

“What’s wrong with me?”

“It’s awakening.”

“What? What’s happening?” She begged, but he shook his head, slowly retreating from her.

“Be careful, my dear jewel. This time, it will be different.”

“Wait! Don’t go! Answer me!” She begged but he vanished, as he would always do. She sat up straight, sweating and panting as she finally woke up. Her head was beating heavily and her eyes were watery and blurry. She let out another breath and threw herself to her pillows, still panting. One thing was different, he had spoken more; he had showed himself. She sat up straight again, remembering that day. She looked outside the windows and widened her eyes as she saw the burning sun of the afternoon shining brightly. She jumped out of bed and ran towards the living room. In there she heard voices, Jonghyun was there.

“You finally woke up.” Jonghyun said as he stood up. He was still wearing the same clothes as that morning, so she realized she hadn’t slept that long.

“What happened?” She said and Jonghyun walked towards her.

“You fainted. Can’t you remember anything?” He said as he grabbed her shoulders. Chaerin shook her head slightly, the headache driving her mad.

“No, I just… It was him.” She side as she widened her eyes.

“Who was who?” Jonghyun said. Chaerin looked at Dara, then back at Jonghyun.

“The man in my dreams, he was there. You saw him.” She said. Jonghyun narrowed his eyes at her.

“Chaerin, I can’t tell, it’s your dream.”

“I have to find him.” She said as she walked to the front door.

“And what exactly are you going to tell him? ‘Hey, you’re in my dreams, let’s hang out’?” Jonghyun said in an exasperated voice. “Come on Chaerin, you’re delusional.”

“He might know something.” She said.

“Yeah, that you’re a crazy that just escape the nearby asylum. Come on.” He said as he walked towards her.

“But he said he found me.” She said, her voice shaking.

“Your dream told you he found you, not him. You’re going to scare the poor man.” Jonghyun said. Chaerin shook her head and looked to her hands. She was trembling.

“Something’s not right. I have been having this… this visions…” She said. “There must be some kind of connection.”

“Dara dear, I think she needs mental assistance.” Jonghyun said.

“I’m not crazy! I know what I saw!” She said. Dara stood up and smiled at her.

“Baby, you haven’t been eating or sleeping well, you need to rest.” Dara said caressing her face. Chaerin shook her head violently.

“That’s one thing. I have been eating, God knows I have.” Chaerin said, her eyes betraying her as tears started to fall. “But it seems like my mind’s playing tricks on me.”

“We can help you through this. Let us help you.” Dara said. Chaerin nodded as she cried on the floor

“I’m not crazy.” She sobbed. Jonghyun hugged her tight.

“No one said you were.” He said. “You’re just tired, you need to rest.”

“No, I don’t want to sleep.” She said shaking her head. Jonghyun smiled and caressed her face.

“I’ll stay with you, just sleep.” He said. She looked at him and nodded.

“Here, this pills should help you.” Dara said giving her a pill. Chaerin took it and threw it on . Dara handed her a glass of water and she drank it in one go. She let out a sigh as she stood up. Jonghyun holding her arm as she did.

“I’m going to lay down.” She said. Jonghyun nodded and helped her go back to her room. It wasn’t a huge bedroom, a full size bed on the middle, full panel windows hidden behind dark curtains. Black furniture and pink sheets. Jonghyun lay her on her bed and covered her body with her sheet. She let out a sigh and smiled at him. He smiled back and lay down next to her. She cuddle on his arm, feeling the broadness of his body.

“If you want it, I can go once you’ve fallen asleep.” He murmured. Chaerin shook her head and buried her head on his shoulder.

“No, stay here.” She mumbled, the pill already making its effect on her. Jonghyun hugged her as he got comfortable on bed, and Chaerin closed her eyes, feeling secure and protected under the arms of her best friend.

She quickly drifted into dreamland. Walking on a paved path, she could inhale the sweet scent of wood, a rain forest all around her. She could feel herself smiling as she walked, feeling the wet grass under her bare feet. She extended her arms, closing her eyes as the breezed caressed her body. The sound of the river was the only thing she could hear, the melody of the trees, clapping their branches as the wind blew strongly. For the first time in a long time, she felt peace in her mind, in her soul. She walked forward, into the river. She looked down and noticed she was wearing the same white dress she always wore, and her heart stopped as she realized on thing, it was the same as always. She touched her hair, long to her hips, she looked at it, the same jet black her that always surprised her every night.

“Why did you had to take those drugs?” His voice said. She gasped as she turned around, and there he was. Dressed in the same white, buttoned shirt. A 17th century clothes decorated his body, his blonde hair fixed to the back, showing his fair features. She looked at him, completely lost in his beauty.

“I had to, I couldn’t sleep.” She said. He shook his head and walked towards her. He too was barefooted, his buttoned shirt was slightly ed, and the tattoos were gone.

“That doesn’t do any good to your body.” He said as he stood next to her. She inhaled his scent, a mixture of lavender and musk. She smiled unconsciously at him.

“But I’m so tired.” She told him. He looked at her with worried eyes.

“It’s all part of it.” He said. She looked at him with wide eyes.

“Part of what? You never answer any of my questions.” She said. He smiled and held her hands. She looked at their intertwined fingers and her eyes widened once more as she held in a gasp. The same ring decorated their annular finger.

“In time.” He said. She was kind of hoping he would disappear, as he always did, but this time, he stayed with her, holding her hands. His face scrunched for a moment, and he looked at her back, then at her. “His hands are all over you.” He murmured. She looked at him with narrow eyes, and she looked down. She could see a faint image of Jonghyun’s arms hugging her. She looked back at him, he looked angry.

“What do you want with me?” She said. He took a deep breath and let go of her hands.

“I won’t make the same mistakes, this time, it’ll be different.” He said and walked away. She walked after him, intending to stop him, but he did it by himself. “And do hear me now, Joselyn, I won’t lose you again.” He finally said, then left. She stopped there, flabbergasted at his behavior. She felt herself been dragged away, arms pulling her back towards the warmth protection of Jonghyun’s company.

She slowly opened her eyes, looking at the broad chest of Jonghyun’s sleeping figure. She slowly pulled away from him, feeling lightheaded due to the pill she took. She walked towards her vanity and looked at herself. Her mahogany hair was still decorating her head. She brushed it quickly and made a high ponytail, once finished, she walked out of the room. Dara was doing something on her laptop, so Chaerin silently went and sat on the sofa next to her. Dara looked at her with wide eyes and set her laptop aside.

“That pill was supposed to have you out until tomorrow.” Dara said. Chaerin shrugged and grabbed a piece of Dara’s chocolate, eating it slowly.

“I can’t sleep, I already told you.” She said. Dara frowned and grabbed a piece of chocolate herself.

“Then we should take you to a hospital. It’s not normal.” Dara said. Chaerin let out a sigh and nodded.

“I’ll find out what’s wrong with me, if I find nothing, then we’ll go to a hospital.” She said. Footsteps being dragged out of her room caught her attention, and when she looked up, Jonghyun was looking at her with disoriented eyes, his hair a silver mess. He was half asleep, half awake. He smiled at them and threw himself on the love seat, resting his head on the pillows.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” He murmured. Chaerin looked at Dara and both of them laughed.

“You’re the one who needs to sleep. You missed work today, didn’t you?” Chaerin said and Jonghyun nodded.

“I’m honestly tired.” He said. As he got comfortable on the love seat. Chaerin smirked and stood up, then threw herself on top of Jonghyun. He gasp as he opened his eyes, then hugged her tight.

“I have to take you back to your house.” She said. He threw her to the side and sat up, rubbing his eyes. She laughed as she saw him standing up.

“Thanks for almost killing me, you cow.” He said. Chaerin opened as she put a hand on her chest, feign being hurt.

“You insulted me.” She said. Jonghyun shrugged and walked back to her room.

“I’ll be back in a minute.” He said and closed the door. Chaerin laughed as she rested her head on her palm.

“You’re so dense. Can’t you see that man’s dying for you?” Dara said. Chaerin looked at her with narrow eyes.

“He’s not. We’re just really good friends.” Chaerin said. “We have always been.” Dara shook her head as she grabbed her laptop.

“You’re killing him Chaerin, you better stop treating him like that.” Dara muttered. Chaerin looked at her for a brief moment, then looked back at the picture of her and Jonghyun on the coffee table. He was hugging her from behind, both of them smiling and doing peace signs with their hands. She let out a sigh and stood up. She heard her door opening and Jonghyun walked out of her room, his hair arranged and his clothes fixed.

“Can we go now? I left a few things unattended at my apartment.” He said and Chaerin nodded. She grabbed her keys and her purse and walked towards the door. “See you later Dara.” Jonghyun said and Dara waved her hand.

“Take care Jongie, call if you need anything!” Dara said. Jonghyun nodded and walked ahead of Chaerin. She locked the door and quickly walked towards Jonghyun, who was getting neared her car. She unlocked it and he quickly got into the passenger’s side. Chaerin looked around, the same feeling of being followed invaded her, but she let it go, getting into her car.

“So, did you rested a bit?” She said as she looked at her watch. It was almost 8pm. He shrugged and rested his back on the seat.

“Not really, you were having nightmares again.” He said. Chaerin pouted as she started the engine.

“I’m honestly sorry about that.” She said. She saw him shrugging as she drove out of the parking lot. Both of them stayed silent as she drove, the only noise that could be heard was the engine of the car and the A/C working.

She looked around the place, his face clear on her mind as she looked for him through the crowd of people on the streets, but none of them reassembled him. She let out a sigh as she parked her car in front of Jonghyun’s apartment building.

“Thanks for giving me a ride.” He said as he took out his seat belt. She nodded and smiled. He bent over and kissed her cheek, then quickly got out of the car. “See you later.” He said and closed the door. She nodded as she saw him walking back to his apartment. Dara’s voice echoed on her mind. Maybe it was true, she was hurting him being just a friend, but how could she give him something more when all she felt was the love of a sister for him?

She shrugged out her thoughts and drove away, looking around the place. As she drove, her vision changed, and she was on an old mansion, the windows opened; the white curtains visible through the windows as the wind blew them out. She blinked a few times, but the mansion wouldn’t disappear from her sight. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, then opened them again, widening them as she pushed the brake, she was about to hit a tree from the main square. The car screeched to a stop, a few meters away from the tree. She got out, panting as she cleaned the sweat from her face.

“Are you alright ma’am?” A man said. She looked at him and nodded, swallowing hard.

“Y-Yes, I’m alright.” She said, taking deep breaths. The man nodded and walked away. She looked back at her car, then at the square. In there, she saw the slim figure of the same man of her dreams. She narrowed her eyes and closed the door, locking her car as she walked towards the man. She saw him walking away from her, and she fastened her pace, trying to catch up with him, but his strides were fast, and he was out of her sight in less than a few minutes. Chaerin let out a groan and sat on one of the benches, moving her hair off her face.

“It’s not your time yet.” An old lady sitting next to her said. Chaerin looked at her with wide eyes.

“W-What?” Chaerin said.

“It’s not the time to talk to him. Be patient, the time will come to you.” The lady said. Chaerin shook her head with raised eyebrows. As she looked at the lady, her face distorted, and suddenly she was looking at a young woman, about her age. Her red hair falling to her waist as a black dress decorated her body. Something about her was odd, the dressed looked like taken from a medieval movie, her makeup was simple, her beauty undeniable.

“I will make sure he can’t get near you anymore.” The lady said and stood up, walking away from Chaerin. She looked at her with wide eyes. As she got away, she turned back into the old lady, taking glances back at Chaerin. She shook her head and put a hand on her forehead, breathing hard.

“What’s wrong with me?!” She exclaimed as she panted, her hands on her forehead. A throbbing pain taking the best of her. Her vision changed again, and she was back in front of the mansion. She walked towards it, the door opening, revealing a beautiful interior. She walked inside, a few maids greeting her. She bowed as she looked around. Mahogany furniture decorated the place, white walls filled with portraits all around her, and at the end of the mansion, a painting of herself with the same man of her dreams. They were hugging each other, smiling widely. She narrowed her eyes, but then, she blinked, and was watching the fountain again.

With a sigh, she stood up, afraid to even walk. She grabbed her phone and looked at it, but then, put it back on her purse and got to her car, looking around, hoping to see him again. And she did, as she walked to her car, he was there, waiting for her. A smile plastered on his face, his hands deep on his pockets. She took a deep breath and slowly walked towards him, afraid to even talk to him.

“Hello.” He said. She looked at him with wide eyes, her keys held tightly on her hands.

“Who are you?”