Dreams

Reincarnation

The white curtains flowed with the wind, his body making silhouettes close to the window. She stirred in bed as she looked at him. A scenery too familiar, yet his face was so unknown to her. The questions had been wasted, he wouldn’t talk to her. The curtains moved slowly, revealing his face. She looked at him, narrow eyes as she longingly tried to see his face, but as the fabric moved from his face, he turned around, his broad back facing her.

“Not tonight.” He murmured. She crooked her head, a buzzing sound going off around her. He became distant, until there was nothing more than the ceiling of her room. She looked around, the same dream every night, the same man every moment, yet she couldn’t tell who he was. He would creep through her window, or wake up next to her. Walk into her room or simply be there, yet she had never seen his face, only his skin, his body.

“Chaerin, I made breakfast, lift your fat from that bed and come down here!” She heard her roommate yelling. She smiled and stood up, scratching the back of her head.

“In a moment!” she said as she entered her bathroom. After she was done, she walked out of her room, completely dressed in a white loose shirt and black leathered pants with black stiletto boots, still with that feeling of emptiness inside. She walked into her kitchen, her roommate already there serving the breakfast.

“Again, that dream?” She said and Chaerin shrugged.

“It was different, he talked.” She said. She lifted her face and looked at her with confused eyes. “His voice, Dara it was something I’ve never heard before.”

“I think you need a man in your life, that’s what I think.” Dara said as she sat on a chair in front of Chaerin. “Go with that Jonghyun, he’s hot.” She said as she bit a piece of bread. Chaerin shrugged as she played with her food.

“Yeah, maybe I’ll call him.” She said and stood up.

“Hey, you haven’t eaten!” Dara protested. Chaerin smiled at her and shrugged.

“I’m not hungry.”

“Do you work today?” Dara said and Chaerin nodded.

“Tonight, at the club. I’ll call Jonghyun and hang out with him today.” Chaerin said as she walked out of the kitchen.

“At least bring a snack honey.” Dara said and Chaerin moved her hand dismissively as she walked out of their apartment. She grabbed her phone and dialed Jonghyun’s number. He answered it within a few rings.

“Hello? What happened?” He said on a groggy voice. Chaerin smiled as she walked out of the building.

“You were asleep? I’m so sorry Jjong.” Chaerin said. She heard him stirring on the other line.

“It’s ok. I have to work, thanks for calling.” He said and Chaerin smiled as she pushed the button on her keys, unlocking her black Toyota.

“It’s ok. I was wondering if we could hang out today. You know, eat and stuffs.” She said.

“I could use some breakfast.” He said. Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“Then that’s on me. Meet me at the café.” She told him.

“Ok, be there in a minute.” He said and hung up. Chaerin smiled as she put her phone on her purse. A feeling of being watched invaded her, and she looked around, afraid someone might be following her. There was no one in there. She let out a sigh and got into her car, eyes wide open, waiting for someone to walk around. As she drove out, she saw no one around. Shrugging the feeling off, she drove towards the café.

As she walked in, she saw Jonghyun already sitting on a table, his broad back facing her. She smiled as she approached him. He was wearing a white shear and a pair of black pants, his silver blonde hair hidden under a black beanie. He looked back, a smile plastered on his face as he saw her. He stood up and greeted her. She sat in front of him, already grabbing the menu.

“I guess we match.” She said. Jonghyun looked down, then back at her with a wide smile.

“Copycat.” He said. Chaerin hit his hand as they laughed.

“Morning guys, will you order now?” She said. Chaerin looked up and smiled at her.

“Hello Miyoung, just scrambled eggs for me.” She said.

“Same for me, with orange juice.” He said. The attendant nodded as she write on her little notebook.

“It’ll be done soon.” She said and left. Jonghyun looked at Chaerin with tired eyes, smiling weakly at her.

“So, what’s the occasion?” He said. She let out a sigh and put her elbows on the table, her chin resting on her hand.

“I had that dream again.” She said. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

“What dream?” He said. Chaerin let out another sigh and shrugged.

“The one with the strange man.” She said. Jonghyun smiled and rested his back on his chair.

“Chaerin please, it’s just a dream.” He said.

“But it’s so weird! I feel like I know him, yet I have never seen him before.” She said. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at her.

“Didn’t you said you haven’t been able to see his face?”

“He talked this time.” She said.

“Oh he talks? I was starting to think he was mute or something.” He said. Chaerin raised an eyebrow at him.

“Please, Jjong, don’t be such a jerk.”

“I’m not being a jerk babe, it’s just… you’re obsessed with that man, and he doesn’t even exists.” Jonghyun said as he took out his beanie, the silvery hair a straight mess over his hair. “Just, get over it. Dreams are just dreams.”

“I know why I’ve been hating you all my life.” She said. Jonghyun smirked at her.

“Because I’m extremely handsome?” He said. She raised an eyebrow as she looked at him. He had gotten more handsome over the years. Muscles were well formed, his face got more mature, more prominent. The only thing that hadn’t change was his charming smile and the big, rounded eyes.

“No, because you’re an honest pain in the .”

“You love me.”

“I hate you.” She said as the attendant, Miyoung, came back with their food. She set the plates on the table and left.

“As your best friend, I’m oblige to be honest with you. It’s my duty.” He said. Chaerin rolled her eyes and laughed.

“Indeed.” She said as she started to eat. “Jjong…” She said and looked at him. He was already devouring his food.

“What?” He said, his mouth half full of food. She scrunched her face and grabbed a napkin, putting it over his mouth.

“Have you ever thought of reincarnation?” She said. Jonghyun looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Reincarnation? As that mythological man that resurrected, that?” he said. Chaerin chuckled and shook her head.

“No that man resurrected, as a zombie. I was talking about reincarnation, being the same person in different lives.” She said. Jonghyun nodded in understanding and continued eating.

“Not really, why would I care about other lives? I mean, I can barely handle my own.” He said. Chaerin nodded as she looked to the side.

“Yeah, but what about the past? A past life?” She said. Jonghyun drank a bit of his juice and nodded.

“Past is past right? Why would we be dwelling on it? Chae what’s wrong with you?” He said. Chaerin shrugged as she rested her head on her palm.

“You’re right.” She said, still having that feeling of emptiness inside of her. She was certain there was something missing, she knew it with her whole soul, thought she couldn’t point a finger on it. As if it was erased from her mind, her soul, that missing part within her.

“Are you listening?” Jonghyun said as he moved a hand on her face. She looked at him with wide eyes, blinking rapidly. “You were spacing out again.”

“No, I wasn’t.” She said. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at her, then smiled.

“What did I just said, then?”

“You said that… ok I was spacing out. What were you saying?” She said, finally admitting her guilt. Jonghyun chuckled and sipped the remaining of his juice.

“I was saying how outstandingly hot you look, just for breakfast.” He said as he rested his back on his char. She widened her eyes and looked at herself.

“Hot? On this rags? Oh please.” She said. He laughed hard, and she had no other choice but to laugh with him. “I’m sorry Jonghyun, I know I’m spacing too much lately. It’s my sleep, it’s completely ruined because of those… nightmares.”

“More like dreams, didn’t you said he usually was on top of you your name?” He said and Chaerin widened her eyes.

“No, I never said that!” She said and Jonghyun burst out into laughter.

“You’re so easy to tease.”

“Enough, I’m leaving.” She said grabbing her purse. Jonghyun put a hand on her and smiled.

“You haven’t touched your food.” He said. Chaerin looked at her plate, she could have swear she had already eaten it whole, but there it was, completely untouched. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Jonghyun.

“I could have swear I finished it.” She said. Jonghyun looked at her with one eyebrow raised.

“But you didn’t, I was looking at you.” He said. She looked back at the plate, then at Jonghyun.

“This is happening too often, too.” She said. Jonghyun rested his chin on his palm.

“I did noticed you lost weight.”

“No, I mean, I think I’m doing something, then it’s completely undone. I’m starting to freak out.”

“Maybe you’re just tired. You have two jobs, after all.”

“No, just one, I quit the fashion store, thank you.” She said as she took the glass of juice and showed it to him. He nodded and she sipped it. Her mind drifted again, and once more, she was looking at the man in her dreams. He was smiling at her, she could see his mouth, but the rest his face was covered by rays of light. She crooked her head to the side, looking forward, at him. He extended one hand, and when she looked at it, she was looking back at Jonghyun.

“You sure you’re alright?” Jonghyun said. Chaerin blinked and looked at him with wide eyes.

“Y-Yes… I am…” She said as she stood up. “I have to go, can you drive me home? I’m dizzy.” She said as she put a hand on her forehead.

“Yeah, your car’s there?” He asked as he stood up, taking out his wallet. She looked at him and hit her forehead.

“I told you this was on me.” She said and grabbed her pursed. She lost balance, images drifting in and out, his body, his hair, his back, then back on the table. She closed her eyes and opened them, looking at Jonghyun, who was looking at her with worried eyes, one hand holding her steady.

“Let me pay this one. I’m taking you to the hospital, you don’t look well.” He said. Chaerin shook her head and smiled.

“I’m fine, I just need to sleep.” She said. Jonghyun nodded and put the money on the table and walked her out. As they walked, the front doors opened, and a man entered. He wasn’t really tall, a bit taller than Jonghyun. His hair was blonde, his body broad yet skinny. She looked at him and dried up. He smiled as he entered, bowing politely at them.

Chaerin simply stared at him as he walked by, his back too familiar to her. His arms, arms she had seen every night, every day. Another image of the man of her dreams appeared in front of her, his face completely exposed to her. She widened her eyes, and she was back on the store, staring at the man ordering.

“One Mocha please.” He said. She gulped again, her hands trembling as she looked at him. Jonghyun held her tighter as he tried to walk her out, but she was glued looking at the man. He slowly turned around, a smirk on his face as he looked at her.

“It’s you.”

 


Gily's Notes: Up to here... ;)

Give me a few more days to update since I'm still working on it ;)

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥