The Coven

Reincarnation

The road seemed long, dark and mysterious. Like being in a dream, watching from a distance as everything turned blurry, drowned by the night. The Moon gave an eerie glow to everything that the darkness touched, the trees, the rocks, the water, the road. Chaerin looked with astonishment as the eerie light danced around the trees, the figures of woman dancing around caught her attention. They were ladies made of light, just like Nero and Jin, Light gave away figures of woman dancing. Her face was all over the window, her skin touching the crystal as Jonghyun drove full speed towards the woods.

“Gaia’s dance. Tonight is a Full Moon, Gaia dances with her daughters.” Dara murmured as she looked towards where Chaerin was looking. The ladies seemed to stop and looked at her direction, and she straightened, looking confused as the light turned back into normal tree shapes. “And they are shy.”

“This is too much.” Chaerin muttered as she looked at the trees. The wind was blowing hard, making them dance.

“Tonight is a festivity, I’ve forgotten.” Jiyong said as he put a hand over his forehead. Dara shrugged and took out a black, pointy hat. Chaerin looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Witch Hat?” She said. Dara smiled and nodded.

“What are we?” She said.

“Witches.” Chaerin answered.

“Right.” Dara said with a smile. “Oh and the brooms are for cleaning, not flying.” She said as the car pulled to a stop. Chaerin looked forwards, the only thing visible was a black gate, shining with the eerie light of the Moon.

“We’re here.” Jonghyun muttered as he lowered the window. Chaerin noticed an intercom in a concrete pillar. She crooked her head, it wasn’t what she has expected.

“I hope you realize we’re in the 21st century.” Jiyong said as he threw himself over Jonghyun.

“Good Evening, who is this?” A voice said in the intercom. Jiyong clear his throat and spoke.

“Kwon Jiyong, accompanied by Park Dara, Kim Jonghyun and Lee Chaerin, allow us entrance.” He said.

“Master, welcome.” The voice said and the gates opened. Jiyong nodded and sat back, his head resting back. Chaerin had noticed he had been doing that all the way, he looked tired, terribly tired. Jonghyun drove into the dark road. At the end of it, Chaerin noticed something like fire. She squinted her eyes, hoping to have a better view. As the car got closer, she noticed it was a bonfire in front of a house, one house she had seen many times. Its mahogany doors showed distorted shadows as ladies danced around the bonfire. The car stopped not too far from the bonfire. Jiyong got out first, his face stern as he walked. Chaerin got out after him, looking around the place.

She noticed the slight changes, concrete in front of the marble stairs, where grass had been gracefully decorating the entrance. The ladies stopped dancing as Jiyong approached them. They slightly bowed as he climbed the stairs. Dara grabbed Chaerin’s arms and pulled her forward, walking towards Jiyong. He stopped and turned, extending his arms as he looked at all the ladies in there. There were males too, they were surrounding the dancing ladies, looking at Jiyong with admiration and respect.

“My dear comrades, my family. I have to apologize for my absence, but I assure you, it was on an urgent matter. We have many things to discuss, so if you all would please follow me to the Great Hall, I will be most grateful.” He said and opened the doors with his hands. Chaerin could hear whispers around the crowd as they got in. Jonghyun was behind her, frowning as the males walked into the house. They walked in last, Jonghyun closing the doors as the candles lit the house. It was as Chaerin had seen it, the same portrait was decorating the center of the two stairs, though this one was bigger than the one in Dara’s house. She walked after the crowd into what she remembered was the dining room. It happened to be the Great hall, and now, two tables were set on each side, and in the farthest back, was a long table with two high chairs on the middle. Dara urged Chaerin to walk towards that table, where Jiyong was already serving himself a cup of whine.

“Good evening and happy festivities.” Jiyong said as he lifted his cup. “I’m burdened to be interrupting the blessings of the Moon, but the Gods had urged us to speak, and we shall speak.” He said and sipped on his cup.

“Good evening, master Kwon.” A woman said as she set a plate of food in front of Jiyong. Chaerin looked at her with bright eyes as she remembered her face. It must’ve be Safira.

“Thanks, Yuri, you may leave now.” He said. Chaerin looked at Jiyong, and he looked at her with a smile.

“Don’t expect Safira to walk out, she died long time ago. That’s her Great-Granddaughter, Kim Yuri.” Jiyong said. Chaerin nodded and Dara pushed her to sit next to Jiyong, on the high chair. Chaerin felt uncomfortable, as all the eyes were on her.

“Jiyong, can we ask who she might be?” A woman said. Jiyong smiled and nodded, taking one grape and biting on it.

“Your Insegnante, Lee Chaerin.” Dara said. Chaerin looked at her with wide eyes. She smiled. Jonghyun got closer to her and whispered on her ear.

“They don’t know about the reincarnation thing, so please, abstain to mention it.” Jonghyun said. Chaerin nodded and grabbed a cup of water in front of her. As she saw the food, her stomach grumbled, she hadn’t eaten properly in a few days, and her stomach was starting to get angry by it.

“You must respect her as you respect me.” Jiyong said and grabbed a strawberry, eating it mercifully. “What I came to say was this, we have an ancient enemy arising, and we must prepare.”

“Ancient enemy?” a man said, he had just entered the room. Chaerin looked at him with narrow eyes, he was stall and skinny, just like Jiyong, but his features reminded her of Jonghyun. His hair was dark, his eyes narrow, his milky white skin gleaming with the Moon light.

“Taemin, we must talk.” Jiyong said as he stood up. Chaerin looked at Jiyong’s tensed face, and Jonghyun stood up too, walking towards that Taemin. He put a hand on Taemin’s shoulder, and both of them nodded, and walked through the back door. Jiyong put the cup back on the table and clicked his fingers. The maids entered with trays of food. “But before we talk about business, let’s feast. Tonight, we celebrate.” Jiyong said and walked out of the Great Hall. Chaerin looked at him with narrowed eyes as he disappeared through the doors Jonghyun and Taemin had gone.

The chattering of the people reminded him how much he had come to hate the place he once loved. The smiles reminded him all the reason why he loved it, but the murmurs reminded him why he hated it. Jiyong walked hastily through the back doors, entering the main hall. He saw Jonghyun and Taemin sitting on the leathered lounges, where once they had been Antique chairs. They were talking, smiling and sharing.

“Tristan, thanks for coming in such a short notice.” Jiyong said as he walked towards them. Taemin and Jonghyun stood up, smiling at him.

“For my family, nothing is impossible.” Taemin said and shared a hug with Jiyong. He smiled as he hugged him tighter, then let go.

“I believe Jacek had already told you what we needed.” Jiyong said and Taemin nodded.

“For our safety, Traven, we should address each other with the current names.” Taemin said. Jiyong smiled and nodded, sitting on one leathered chair.

“Indeed, you’re right, we should.” Jiyong said. Jonghyun sat next to Jiyong, and Taemin sat in front of them.

“I have brought all the spells we used in the past, thought I don’t see how that can help us now.” Taemin said. Jiyong looked at the table and nodded.

“Like I said, an ancient enemy.” Jiyong said as he took a scroll of parchment. “Alina, or Bom, is the one after the attacks.” Jiyong said as he eyed the scroll on his hands. His nails had turned slightly green, and he frowned.

“Which attacks exactly? We have been having a heavy flow of Evil night doers around London, too.” Taemin said. Jiyong took a deep breath and nodded.

“I think it’s all connected.” Jiyong said.

“It’s impossible, Alina, Bom is just a Dark Witch. She can’t have power over Evil, over those scoundrels.” Jonghyun said. Jiyong rested his back on the chair and looked at the portrait.

“She had said something about the Gods, didn’t she?” Jiyong said as he looked at her.

“When?”

“When she visited us.” Jiyong said. Jonghyun nodded.

“Something about the Gods perishing.” Jonghyun said. Taemin frowned.

“That can’t happen.” Taemin said. Jiyong took a deep breath. He looked at Taemin and smiled.

“You were my choice to be the next Magna Veneficus, your cunning mind has given me the strength in my convictions. In the past you have spare us too many battles. Give me your advice.” Jiyong said to Taemin. Taemin gulped and looked down.

“I have never wanted your throne.” Taemin said. Jiyong smiled and nodded.

“And for that reason it shall be yours someday. I am growing old each day, growing tired. My mind seems to be failing me. I need your help. Both of you.” Jiyong said.

“Well you haven’t aged a day.” Jonghyun said. Jiyong smiled and nodded.

“It doesn’t means I’m not tired.”

“My only advice now will be to strengthen your forces. If it’s evil we are fighting, may the Gods help us, thus is the only salvation.” Taemin said.

“I have always been sure of your wise mind, Tristan. We shall do as you say.” Jiyong said as he stood up. “Jacek, reunite your army, all the guardians in the world shall come, all the witches and warlocks too. This is an upcoming war, and we still don’t know the strength of our enemy.” He said and walked towards the portrait.

The images seemed to smile at him, and he smiled back, looking at Jocelyn’s face. “Meis ingresso animis, meis inimicis” He said and closed his eyes. He felt himself floating, and then everything turned dark. He opened his eyes and looked at his surroundings. The walls were made of rock, the place looked like a normal house, but the rocky walls were windowless. He felt the heat of the place, voices all around it. Chanting and murmuring as he walked around. The place was like a dark version of the Coven’s Manor, darker, grotesque. He walked into the main hall, and saw the figure of Alina there, talking to a shadow.

“No matter how much I try, my strength is not enough. She is stronger now, so is he.” She said. The shadow snickered, and slowly turned into a man. His face was fair, delicate. His hair was black, like his eyes. He had pale skin, his body was covered in leathered clothes. Alina smiled as he caressed her face.

“I have given you enough power, haven’t I?” he said. His voice sent chills through Jiyong’s back. Strong and evil. He gulped as he took a step back. The man looked at him, his black eyes boring into his. “Haven’t they told you that eavesdropping was bad?” The man said and Alina turned to look at him. She frowned, but her eyes quickly widened as the man extended a hand, and a dark ball emanate from it. It hit Jiyong straight in the chest, and he whimpered, falling back.

His mind went blank as he fell on the floor, his vision shifting from the cave-like manor to the real manor. He coughed and tried to turn, but the man stepped on his chest. He grunted as black blood came out of his mouth. “I shall teach you a lesson, High Warlock.” The man said and punched him. He knew he was in his ethereal form, but his hits hurt him like nothing else. He grunted again, and noticed the man was sending black sparks from his eyes.

“Who the are you?!” Jiyong hissed. The man smiled and crouched, looking at Jiyong’s face.

“Call me Azazel.” He hissed and gave Jiyong an ultimate punch, sending him into darkness.

 


Gily's Notes:

I'm depressed, really... I haven't read enough from you guys, and I'm starting to worry about your wellbeing. Are you guys alright? 

Anyways, I will be updating more frequently now, and hopefully, you will get a better glance at the real story... >D [sinister snicker]

I know this is too blunt, but please do coment, I miss reading you guys!! And if you like or want or desire, you can upvote (only if you think this story is worth the vote)

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥