New Guardian

Reincarnation

The bright rays of the Sun caressed his face, making him flinch and stir. His body felt sore all over, and as he stood up, he heard his bones cracking due to his terrible sleep. “Youngbae.” He murmured in a husky voice as he looked around, his eyes small as he rubbed them. He heard his Guardian mumbling words at his side, and he shook him with his hand, making him jump upright, fetching his dagger.

“What happened? What’s wrong?” He said as he stood up, his dagger firm on his hand as he seek for the threat. Jiyong chuckled and stood up, stirring as much as he could.

“God, the only thing wrong’s my body.” Jiyong said as he bent and grabbed his bag, searching for something to eat. Youngbae relaxed and nodded, picking his own bag.

“Shall we continue?” He said and Jiyong nodded while grabbing a piece of bread from his bag.

“Sure.” Jiyong said and both of them continued walking through the woods.

The mosquitoes bit them everywhere, the heat was making them sweat in all parts, making them sticky and smelly, but they continued their walk. Neither of them talked, just followed the trail until finally, Jiyong halted to a stop.

“What is it?” Youngbae asked almost out of breath. Jiyong looked to the front, feeling a presence nearing them.

“I can feel something in the front.” He said. Youngbae looked towards where Jiyong was looking and crouched slightly.

“I think I see a house up there.” He said. “Up the hill.”

“I see it too.” Jiyong said and continued walking. Youngbae followed him suit, cleaning the sweat from his face with the back of his hand. They reached the top of the hill, and a wooden house greeted them. Jiyong smirked as he felt the dark aura emanating from it.

“Should I knock?” Youngbae said with a smirk. Jiyong nodded and followed him to the front porch. The steps screeched when they climbed them, and Jiyong quickly took out his dagger, holding it firmly on his right hand as his left one held him on the rails of the stairs.

Youngbae reached the door first, inserting the tip of his dagger through the keyhole. Jiyong heard a click and Youngbae smirked at him. “Thief.” Jiyong muttered and Youngbae chuckled as he opened the door. The place seemed empty, the furniture was covered with white sheets and the place reeked of old and decay.

“I don’t think there’s someone in there.” Youngbae muttered as he entered. Jiyong followed him, his face fixed on the stairs in the middle of the entrance. He lifted a finger and pointed at it, and Youngbae nodded, walking towards it. He put a foot on the first step, and made pressure on it, then put it back, looking at Jiyong with a raised eyebrow.

“What?” Jiyong said.

“If we both step there, we will fall.” He said. Jiyong nodded and looked to the front.

“Then let me go first, I’m skinnier.” Jiyong said and stepped on the first step. Youngbae held his arm, hesitating. “I will be alright.” Jiyong reassured him and Youngbae let him go. Jiyong climbed the stairs slowly, each step taken with caution.

When he reached the second to last step, it made a loud screeching sound, and Jiyong froze. He heard Youngbae hissing at his back, but he didn’t dared to move an inch. “Get the out now!” Youngbae hissed, his voice a bit more loudly than a whisper. Jiyong gulped as a drop of sweat fell from his face. He lifted one foot to take the other step, but the sound got louder, and the stairs gave in. “JIYONG!”

He held in his screams as he fell down. His arms covered his face instinctively as he finally hit floor, his back hitting it first. He grunted as he felt something cutting him. A cough came out, dust and wood all around him. “Jiyong! Can you hear me?!” Youngbae screamed from the top. Jiyong coughed again and sat up, flinching as he did.

“! I’m alright!” He screamed. His hand went over his ribs, where it hurt. He then looked at his hand and saw blood. He cursed out loud and looked around.

“I’m coming over!” Youngbae screamed and Jiyong nodded, coughing out more dust. Jiyong slowly lifted himself from the floor, grabbing his dagger as he did. He flinched again, and looked down, only to see a piece of wood deep on his side. He rolled his eyes and grabbed it, forcefully pulling it out. He screamed in pain as more blood oozed out.

“Youngbae…” He called out, but Youngbae’s footsteps got distant. He shook his head and walked forwards, where he saw a faint light.

Limping, he got out of the rubble, his boots stepping on wood and rocks. He widened his eyes as he saw from where the light came. It was an altar, dark candles and black flowers were on top of it. At his right side where a set of stairs, also looking fragile and weak. He coughed again as he walked towards the altar and looked at it. On top of it was a black dagger with words carved on it. He took it and looked at it, it was beautiful, rubies decorated the handle of the dagger, and strangely, it shined in the dim light of the candles.

He heard the stairs screeching, and when he looked, Youngbae stormed in. He smiled at him and showed him the dagger. Youngbae stopped to look at it, his eyes wide and his chest heaving fast. “What is that?” He said as he took the dagger.

“Can’t you tell?” Jiyong said. Youngbae stopped panting as he studied the dagger, then looked at Jiyong with a serious expression.

“It’s to trap demons in Earth.” Youngbae said. Jiyong nodded and looked at the altar again.

“I think someone’s been playing too much with the dark side.” Jiyong said as he grabbed one black candle.

“Do you think is Bom?” Youngbae said as he eyed the altar. Jiyong shrugged and grabbed a book on top of the altar. It was similar to Jocelyn’s book, though this one was black with silver letters written on top of it.

“Yes, I think it’s her.” Jiyong said and handed Youngbae the book. Youngbae gave the dagger back to Jiyong. Jiyong took out his jacket and covered the dagger in it and put it on his bag.

“We’re taking this back, we can use it against her.”

“Or to call that demon and ask him what he wants.” Jiyong said and Youngbae nodded while putting the book on his bag.

“I think we should go now, you look pretty bad.” Youngbae said. Jiyong looked down at his clothes and smiled. It was true, he looked terribly; his jeans were torn and stained with blood. His shirt was torn and also stained, so where his boots. His arms were full of scratches and dirty with mud and dust. Jiyong smiled at Youngbae and shrugged as he looked at his inner arm, where a tattoo was still bright under the mud and dust.

“Do you think this scratch will damage that tattoo? I really like it.” He said. Youngbae scoffed and held his arm, pulling him towards the stairs.

“You look like trash and all you can think about is in those tattoos? You’re so vain.” He said as they both walked through the stairs.

“But come to think of it.” Jiyong said as they reached the living room. “Isn’t it weird that Bom doesn’t has anyone watching over that altar?” Jiyong said, and just then, Youngbae froze. Jiyong looked up and saw a man in a black hood standing just in front of the wall that separated the entrance to the living room.

“Call them and they appear.” Youngbae muttered. Jiyong rolled his eyes and took out his dagger.

“It’s just one.” He said. Youngbae scoffed and the man launched to attack Jiyong. Youngbae stood in front of him and buried his dagger on the man’s stomach. He flinched and fell lifeless to the floor. From the other rooms came out more men, and Youngbae looked at Jiyong with wide eyes.

“Ji, run!” Youngbae said. Jiyong looked to the side and saw another man launching towards them. He threw his dagger as he ran towards the door. The dagger hit the man’s forehead, killing him instantly.

“Bae!” Jiyong screamed as he reached the door. Youngbae broke the neck of the man he was fighting and ran towards the door. He quickly grabbed Jiyong’s arm and ran out of the house, dragging Jiyong with him.

“Burn that damned house!” Youngbae screamed. Jiyong stopped and looked back at the house. He lifted his hands and sparks came out of them. He took deep breaths as the sparks grew stronger, and with a flick of his wrist, he threw the flames towards the house. The house burned quickly, and screams where heard from the inside. Jiyong stood there, looking at the house as the screams got into his soul. “What the are you waiting? Let’s go!” Youngbae said as he grabbed Jiyong’s arm and dragged him away into the woods.

The doors slapped open, throwing a few frames to the floor, breaking its glasses in million pieces. The people at the main hall stopped talking and watched as Chaerin walked towards the Dining Hall, her fierce eyes fixed forwards. In the table, Taemin was eating while talking to a man with black hair and dark eyes, there was another man at his side, also with dark hair, but he looked more serious and dangerous. She walked towards him and slapped the table, fuming at Taemin. He jumped and looked at her with wide eyes.

“Chaerin, are you alright?” He said as he dragged his chair back, looking at her with a surprise face.

“Where is he?” She hissed. Taemin furrowed his eyebrows at her.

“Where is who?”

“Jiyong, where is he? He said he would be back by night, and you said he would be alright. Well, guess what, night just passed and he’s still nowhere to be found.” She said. Taemin smiled, then got all serious as he looked at his companion.

“Chaerin, this here is Lee Seungri and Choi Seunghyun.” He said. Chaerin looked at them both and slightly bowed, then looked back at Taemin.

“And?”

“Seunghyun will be your new Guardian. He’s as good as Jonghyun was, so you should be fine.” He said. Chaerin gulped, every time she was reminded that Jonghyun was gone was like a needle to her heart.

“My Guardian?” She said. Seunghyun nodded and stood up. She had to crane her head back at his height. He was pretty tall, handsome and skinny. He bowed slightly and smiled at her.

“Miss Lee, you can call me Top.” He said. Chaerin nodded and looked back at Taemin.

“How is he going to be my Guardian?” She bluntly said. Taemin smiled and nodded.

“There’s going to be a ceremony tonight, and don’t worry, Ji’s going to be there.” He said. Chaerin nodded and looked back at Top. “Seungri here is another Warlock, three elements acquired.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Insegnante.” Seungri said. Chaerin nodded and bowed.

“The pleasure is mine.” She said and straightened herself. “Taemin, do tell me as soon as he gets here.” She said and left. She wasn’t really sure why she was so stressed, but she was. Worry crept through here like spider webs, thinking of everything that could have happened and all that couldn’t.

As she reached the main hall, she heard everyone gasping and running out of the manor. She frowned as she looked at the riot forming outside. She was going to ignore it, but stopped as her eyes widened. She felt Jiyong’s presence close. She looked at the doors and ran towards them. She saw Taemin storming out of the dining hall as she ran out of the manor and into the front garden. In there, she saw Youngbae bringing Jiyong, his arm around Jiyong’s waist as Jiyong supported himself on Youngbae’s shoulders. Chaerin held in her breath and ran towards them. Jiyong saw her and smiled as he limped his way towards the manor.

“What happened to you?!” She gasped as she stopped in front of her. Jiyong looked terrible, his clothes dirty and ragged, stained with blood. She saw a few wounds on his arms, but his torso made her shriek silently. He had a wound about 6 inches long, oozing fresh blood with every movement he made. Then another one on his side, about 3 inches, but the blood had stopped as Youngbae made pressure on it.

“I fell.” He said as Youngbae sat him on a bench. Chaerin quickly put her hands over his chest, but he stopped her, holding her wrist tight.

“Jiyong, you have to let me help you.” She said. Jiyong shook his head and looked at Chaerin’s side.

“Taemin, call my sister.” He said. Chaerin looked at her side and saw Taemin running towards the doors, but stopped when Dara ran out of the house.

“Let me help you.” Chaerin said and Jiyong shook his head, looking at her with fierce eyes.

“We ran out of battery honey, can’t let you.” He said. Chaerin frowned as Dara got to them.

“My God, what happened?” She said as she quickly put her hands over his chest. Chaerin took a few steps back, but Jiyong never stopped looking at her.

“The fell from the stairs.” Youngbae said. Jiyong chuckled as his wounds slowly disappeared, and only the blood remained. Chaerin bit her lips as she felt hot tears forming at the rim of her eyes.

“Don’t be scared.” Jiyong muttered. Dara crooked her head, and Youngbae looked at him with raised eyebrows, but Chaerin knew what he meant. It was as if he felt what she felt, like he could read her mind. “I’m alright.” He muttered again and Chaerin nodded, crossing her arms, embracing herself. She had never felt so scared for someone before, and had never felt so much relieved as to when she saw him walking towards the manor. It was a strange feeling, the good kind of strange feeling for her.

 


Gily's Notes: HOLD YA LADIES BECAUSE THE GOOD IS ABOUT TO COME!

And I wonder... do I have any male readers here? I'm just curious :3

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥