Guardian

Reincarnation

“Have you seen me before the first time you met me?” She said. She saw him widening his eyes at her.

“No, why would you think that?” He said. She shrugged and looked back at her hands, now completely sure she should ask him.

“I’ve been having this… this visions, and you appear in most of them.” She said. Jiyong chuckled and rested his back on his chair.

“Well, you did saw me once, maybe you remember me and portray me on your dreams.” He said. She looked at him with narrow eyes.

“I’ve had them even before I met you. And lately, they’re not just dreams, their as real as I’m looking at you now.” She said. Jiyong looked at her with cautious eyes.

“Interesting.” He said. She felt off guard by his remark.

“What’s interesting?” She said. He shook his head as he fished for something on his back pocket. She looked at him as she did, he was taking out his wallet.

“That you’re fantasizing about me so early in our relationship. I assure you, Miss Lee, I intend nothing more than just a sane friendship.” He said and took out some money. She widened her eyes as he did.

“W-What? No! I’m not fantasizing about you, how can you say that?” She said. He scoffed and walked away. She looked at the table, then at him, the vision again distorting, his figure changing, and at a distance, she only saw a female with red hair walking out, wearing his same clothes. She frowned as she saw him walking out, now back to his male person. She put her hands on her face as she let out a defeated sigh.

Shaking her head no, she stood up, determined to find him again, to talk to him. She rushed out of the café and into the park. She felt her veins burning with an intense gleam, but she couldn’t scream, couldn’t say a word about it. Embracing herself, she walked into the park, the night sky already at its darkest, the children no longer running around. Couples smiling and laughing as they walked, Chaerin intending to find one man that could answer her whole questions, yet he pretended he didn’t knew. Or at least, that’s what she thought. For all she could bet, she must be insane, mental and was dragging all the people around her with her.

“Jiyong!” She screamed as she looked at the swings where he had once stood. She looked around, panting as the fire within her burned with such desire, with so much strength she thought her flesh would fall apart. “Jiyong!” She screamed again, her mind twisting her thoughts, and once again, she was back at the mansion. The sun was beaming, illuminating the whole place. She felt herself rushing into the house, her own anger spilling out of her body as the wind blew uncontrollably.

“Alina! Traven!” She heard her own voice screaming. She walked into the stairs, her hands gripping the handrails tight. Her nails, white as clouds, as paper, dug deep within the wood as she pressed the handrail. “Traven, come out here!” She said once again, and on top of the stairs, Jiyong appeared, his shirt slightly open, his eyes widened in surprise.

“Jocelyn, what’s happened to you?” He said. She shook her head as she hit the handrail.

“Don’t give me that, where’s that goddamned !” She said. Jiyong raised his eyebrows at her.

“What the hell are you talking about woman?” He said as he took a few steps down. She saw her own hand in front of her, one finger lift, showing one perfect, white polished nail.

“Don’t talk to me like that Traven, I warn you.” She said. Jiyong stopped, his hands up. “Where’s Alina? We both have one score to settle.” She said. Jiyong shook his head, one hand put over his forehead.

“It was a mistake.” Jiyong muttered. Chaerin hit the handrail again, and Jiyong’s body flew back towards the top of the stairs.

“A mistake? One mistake is to accidentally pour liquor in your lemon juice, but having with my sister, that’s no mistake, that’s a treason! Betrayal!” She screamed at the top of her lungs.

“She forced me!” Jiyong screamed. Chaerin shook her head as she smiled at him.

“No, she couldn’t have. Her powers are still diminished.” Chaerin said. At her back, she felt a burning sensation, then her own hand caught fire, but it didn’t burned her.

“My dearest sister, we both share something too precious, yet I want it for myself.” Another voice said. Chaerin slowly turned around. In front of her, the red headed woman smirked, her hand lifted as a spark of fire burned on it. “And I will have it.” She hissed and the spark flew towards Chaerin.

She fell on her knees, grabbing her head tight as she frantically looked around. Her vision had vanished, and she was back at the park, gasping for air as her own hands burned.

“Curious details, aren’t they?” She heard someone speaking. Chaerin slowly lifted her head, watching a shadow in front of her that slowly turned into a tall, slender woman. With a trembling hand, she stood up, looking at the woman in front of her. Her hair was dark, but her eyes were the same big as she had seen them seconds ago.

“Alina?” Chaerin said. The woman laughed as she nodded.

“Though I go by the name of Park Bom now.” She said. Chaerin put her hands together, trying to control the burning in them.

“Do you know me?” Chaerin said. Bom laughed as she threw her head back, slowly turning it into red. Chaerin gasped as she took a step back, her hands trembling uncontrollably as she did.

“How could I forget, the same foul who had done me so wrong.” Bom said walking towards her. “And I haven’t been able to properly kill you.” She hissed. Chaerin shook her head as she put a hand on , silently sobbing.

“No, what’s going on?!” Chaerin said. Bom laughed, her nails slowly turning red.

“The same cycle, the same questions, I’m damn tired of it.” She said, “I should finish this now that you’re so weak.” In her hand, a dagger with rubies appeared. Chaerin tried to run back, but the rocks under her feet and the shaking of her body forbid her to do so, and she fell on the floor. Bom laughed again as she stood right in front of her, her laughter so soft and melodic, yet so dangerous and terrible, brought chills through Chaerin’s spine. “Tell your little guardians they’ve done one terrible job.” Bom hissed as she put up the dagger. Chaerin saw it shining on her hands, and her eyes reflectively closed, waiting for the worst.

She had been sure she was going to die that night, she had been saying her silent prayers, but as she was resigning and imagining her own burial, she felt the weight over her body being lifted, and a screeching scream made her snap her eyes open in a split of a second. She looked to her side, the red hair of Bom rolling on the floor as a man with silver hair fought her. Chaerin wanted to stand and leave, to run and scream, but something was rooting her there, making her feel powerless.

“You cannot defeat me!” She heard Bom’s voice saying.

“But I can sure hurt you!” She heard a familiar voice say, way too familiar to be any stranger. Chaerin quickly stood up, and when she did, she saw Jonghyun’s face smeared with blood that slowly burned his skin.

“Jonghyun?!” Chaerin said. He looked at her, and in that exact moment, Bom scratched his face, making him fall to the side. She quickly stood up, looking fiercely at Chaerin. At a distance, a pair of footsteps were heard, right behind Chaerin. She wanted to turn around and look, but the shock on Bom’s face paralyzed her completely. She saw quickly retreating, hissing under her breath unthinkable curses.

“Serves her right.” Jonghyun muttered. Chaerin looked at him and quickly threw herself towards him.

“Jonghyun, what was that all about?” She said as she touched his face. The injury burned her, but as she touched him, she saw with her own eyes how he slowly healed until just a faint scar remained.

“It’s kind of a very long story.” Jonghyun said as he sat up. Slowly, Chaerin noticed how his injuries slowly healed. Her eyes widened and she threw herself back, crawling away from him.

“Get away from me.” She said. Jonghyun stood up and looked at her with serene eyes.

“Chaerin, please don’t be afraid.” He said. Chaerin shook her head. She continued going backwards until she hit something. She shrieked silently as she slowly looked up. Her eyes widened as she saw the man standing behind her. He crouched and helped her stand up. She looked at him with wide eyes, trembling all around as he slowly smiled at her. She did noticed something different in him, he was wearing a loose white long sleeved shirt with black pants, his hair messily arranged into a mohawk.

“W-What…?” She gasped.

“It’s alright Chaerin, everything will be alright.” He muttered. Chaerin tried to nod, but her mind was running too fast, her body shaking too furiously. “Chaerin?” He said again, and she couldn’t help it anymore. Everything turn black, her own body feeling lightweight as she lost unconsciousness, travelling into a world of darkness.

She was looking at the mansion again, her hands and body had stopped shaking, and she could think clearly again. She walked inside, watching the too familiar place again. She lifted her dress as she entered the main room, a set of wooden chairs and a table were in the center of the room. She looked around, a big portrait of herself and Jiyong hung on top of the chimney. She could see herself slightly smiling, and she could feel it, feel the happiness within her. She touched the chairs as she walked by, the softness of it irking her curiosity. It was as if walking towards your old house, remembering the details, yet not really sure where or when.

She continued walking until she reached another room, one with a long dining table on the center, a chandelier hanging from the ceiling, an antique style decorated the place. She saw a mirror in the center of the wall that was to her left, where her right were only wide open windows. She looked outside, the vast green lands she had always seen. She smiled as she inhaled the pure scent of the place.

“My lady, will you have your tea now?” She heard someone talking on her side. She turned and saw a black haired woman smiling at her.

“No thank you Safira, I will not have it today.” She heard herself saying. The woman nodded and walked back through the door she had come in. Chaerin smiled and looked again at the window. Jiyong was walking towards the mansion, his face bearing a smile she found alluring, perfect. His hair was flowing freely, though this time, it was black, like hers, long to his cheeks, longer at the back. He walked the stairs of the main door, and Chaerin found herself walking towards it. She opened the doors as he walked in. He smiled at her, genuinely and pure.

“Hello my love.” He said as he embraced her.

“I have been waiting for you.” She said. He pulled away and kissed her lips, slowly and tenderly.

“Why is that?” He said. She smiled wider and put his hands on her womb.

“You’re going to be a father.” She said. He looked at her with wide eyes, then at her womb.

“Is it true?” He said as a smile slowly formed on his lips. Chaerin smiled and nodded. Jiyong looked at her, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. “Oh my dearest Jocelyn, you’ve never failed to make me the happiest man alive!” He said as he embraced her tighter.

“I can only make you happy because you make me happy.” She said. She slowly felt herself being dragged, the image of her hugging Jiyong slowly turning small until it disappeared, and she was back into the darkness.

‘Whatever you do, don’t tell her anything.’

‘She has already found out, Alina’s job.’

‘I do not care, just tell her the usual, we’re going to do this different now.’

‘How can it be different?’

‘If she doesn’t knows, she’s safe, and maybe then I can finish it.’

‘It’s not fair for you.’

‘It isn’t fair for her either, having to suffer this again and again, it’s inhuman.’

‘Whatever you say, then.’

‘Trust me, it doesn’t makes me happy, I know your intentions.’

‘Yeah, but fate is always by your side, don’t worry.’

She could hear voices, familiar voices, and as she struggle to wake up, a burning weight threw her back. She fought and fought until a blinding light entered. She slowly opened her eyes, feeling slightly confused as to where she was and what time is it. She tried to sit up, only to be stopped by a hand. She looked down, Jonghyun’s arm was forbidding her to sit up.

“You’ve been out for almost a day now, relax.” He said. She narrowed her eyes at him, and as she did, the loud noise of a door closing made her jump in surprise. She looked to her side, the door tightly closed, no one else in the room. She raised an eyebrow but shrugged it off.

“You have a lot explaining to do, best friend.” She said. Jonghyun chuckled and nodded.

“I guess I do.” He said.

 

 

Gily's Notes: Hello my dearest readers!

First of all, thank you for subscribing and comenting, it is an honor!

Second, thank you all for your wishes, I'm trully happy! Here's a few pictures of my Graduation yesterday! 

 

Thank you all! It was the happiest day of my entire life! Lol! Such a great achievement! I'm trully happy! I finally got my Bachelor's degree and I'm ready to roll!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥