Take the Angel Out

Reincarnation

The house was dark, as usual, the same spooky images of dead people looking at him, the same skulls hanging from the walls and the same red candles lighting the place. His boots made loud sounds as he limped into the living room, his body sore all over. Bom looked at him with wide eyes as he walked in. She quickly stood up to check on him, but he dismissed her with a grunt as he threw himself on the sofa. The walk had been long, too injured to transport himself, and too drain to muster a spell for a portal.

“How did it go?” She said as she sat on the other sofa, looking at him with worried eyes. He grunted again and sulked on his chair.

“She didn’t killed him.” He muttered. He saw Bom sighing in relieve. “And they look closer now.”

“Then we must act quickly, he can’t regain his full powers or we won’t be able to stop him.”

“Don’t you think I know that?!” He screamed at her. “Here, take this and tell that Azazel we need to move faster.” He threw her the dagger. She smirked and grabbed it, turning it around her hand.

“Call him? He’s already out.” She said with a dark grin. “In fact, I don’t think we will be needing this anymore, he’s strong enough to do as please on Earth.”

The wind blew her hair wildly as she walked through the gardens of the manor. She extended her hands and made more wind, the flowers dancing happily as she did. There was no one around, she didn’t saw anyone’s aura, so she decided she should enjoy that energy she was feeling inside. It was bizarre how she didn’t felt any tired or exhausted, and her wind blew stronger than before. Chaerin smirked as she looked at a pond close to the flowers, and played with the water, making shapes of animals, of people, until one figure made her stare in satisfaction. Jiyong, made of pure water, moving his hands as he always did, frowning and speaking, though there was no words said. She smiled as she let the water fall, wetting the ground around it.

She looked at the earth, and wondered if she could do the same. With a smirk, she extended her hand towards a patch of earth, lifting it slowly. It did, morphing into a small dog. She laughed as the dog jumped, and finally vanished into the earth. “Brilliant!” She said as she moved the wind around, closing her eyes as she turned around, inhaling the sweet scent of flowers all around her.

Chaerin turned and turned until she didn’t felt the ground underneath anymore. Smiling, she opened her eyes, and a gasp made her lose control as she realized she was floating in midair. She fell first, panting as she looked around. No one was there, and she sighed in relieve as she threw herself back. It must not be normal to be able to levitate.

With a smile plastered on his face, he crossed her arms, looking at her from the distance. The wind caressed his face, and he felt his heart jumping in joy. Jiyong smiled again as he saw her walking towards the pond, making figures in the water. “You are strong.” He muttered as he looked at her, at her delicate hands shaping the water, or the earth. Her happiness became his as she turned around, smiling. He could almost picture himself doing the same.

He smiled and nodded, until he saw her levitating. His eyes widened in shock, there had never been one person who could levitate using wind. Yes, he had tried, but failed to do so every time. He surpressed a shriek when he saw her falling down. Jiyong frowned and straightened himself, touching slightly the bars of his balcony. “You can fly, Lee Chaerin…”

“Magna Veneficus.” Someone called him from inside his room. He jumped slightly as he turned around. Taemin was standing in the middle of his room, his face serious. He hadn’t noticed him coming, he hadn’t felt him, too absorbed into Chaerin’s development, probably.

“Yes, Taemin.” He said as she walked inside, closing the doors.

“We have a trace on the dagger, but we’re not sure we should follow it.” He said. Jiyong frowned and nodded.

“Why not?” He asked.

“It’s on the Darkling’s Manor, of course.” Taemin said. Jiyong nodded and walked towards his closet, grabbing a black leathered jacket.

“Then I’m going.” He said. Taemin widened his eyes and lifted his arms.

“You’re too weak, you can’t.” He said and Jiyong smirked, nodding slightly.

“Youngbae will go with me, don’t worry.”

“And about the ceremony?” Taemin said. Jiyong grabbed a dagger and put it on his belt.

“No ceremony until I decide Seunghyun is good enough for her. Understood?” Jiyong said and Taemin nodded, bowing slightly. “Keep searching for my sister, when I come back, I want a full report.” He walked out of the room, rushing down the hall until he reached Youngbae’s room. He opened the door without knocking, and Youngbae rolled on his bed until he fell on the floor.

“Hey! You forgot how to knock?” He hissed as he stood up, fixing his clothes. Jiyong threw him a jacket he saw on a chair and frowned.

“Get ready, we’re going out now.” He said and grabbed a belt that was hanging on a perch on the wall and threw it on the bed. Youngbae frowned and grabbed the belt, putting it on his waist.

“Where are we going?” He said as he put the jacket over his shoulders.

“The Darkling’s Manor. The dagger’s there, so is Jonghyun.”

“That’s suicide.” Youngbae said while putting his boots on.

“Yes, but Jonghyun’s weakened and I’m energized.” Jiyong said, resting his back on the wall. Youngbae raised an eyebrow as he walked towards him, grabbing another dagger that was hanging lose on the door.

“I won’t even ask.” He said and Jiyong grinned while both of them walked out.

“Don’t.”

The garden was partially crowded, people all around training and having fun. He tried to walk as fast as he could, avoiding being too noticed. Youngbae had decided they should take a car, and Jiyong had agreed, only if he drove, he didn’t felt like driving, or taking his car. He had almost made it towards the cars, when a voice called him.

“Jiyong?” She said softly. He stopped and looked at Youngbae with wide eyes. Youngbae shrugged and walked towards the car, leaving him alone. Jiyong took a deep breath and turned around, smiling at Chaerin, who was standing close to a tree, looking ever so beautiful. He felt his breathing stop when he gazed at her. Her long hair lose, flowing freely around her hips. She was wearing a pair of leathered, skinny pants and a loose black shirt. He had to gulp to avoid going towards her and hugging her and kissing her all over.

“Chaerin.” He said. She walked towards him, her face furrowed.

“Going somewhere?” She asked, looking at Youngbae, then at him. He shrugged and scratched the back of his neck.

“If I tell you we’re going to reminiscence old times, would you believe me?” He said and she shook her head, looking at him with fierce eyes.

“Where are you going?” She said, the soothing voice long gone. “No, I don’t care, I’m going.” She said. Jiyong looked at Youngbae, then back at her.

“No, please, stay.” He said. Chaerin shook her head and looked at his belt.

“So you have a trace on something?” She said. Jiyong gulped and his expression softened.

“Yes, but someone has to take over the Coven while I’m gone.” He said. Chaerin smirked and crossed her arms.

“Great, there’s Taemin to do the job. I’m going.” She said. Jiyong looked at her darkly, but it seemed to make no effect on her.

“Please, stay.” He said. Chaerin looked at Youngbae again, and her expression softened.

“I can see you.” She muttered. Jiyong frowned. “See what you see, feel what you feel. I will stay, but if I see or feel any threat, know that I’m going.” She said. Jiyong smiled and nodded, hugging her tightly before kissing her.

“I promise I won’t fall from any stairs.” He said. She narrowed her eyes.

“Please don’t think when you… when you kill him.” She begged. Jiyong nodded and kissed her forehead before walking off to the car.

She watched as he left, knowing inside of her he might not comeback. She had seen the place he was going, had seen it like a movie in her head. It freaked her out, not being able to help him, to be there. He was probably never coming back, and she could do nothing but stay and watch over the Coven.

A tear escaped her eye as she walked back into the manor, looking at all the people around. With a deep breath, she stopped in the top of the stairs, looking at all the Witches and Warlocks training at the gardens. She was shaking from the inside, her mind going crazy as her stomach gave a thousand turns. Without any second thoughts, she took a deep breath and extended her hands, calling each and every one of them. She didn’t know how she did it, but she did. It was as if hands came out of her hands, touching everyone, making them look at her.

“Fellow Witches, Warlocks and Guardians.” She said as they all looked at her. She could hear her voice in the distance as the wind blew it away. “We are at war, and I know most of you are still learning to control your powers, but our Magna Veneficus needs us together and strong.” She said. Little by little, the garden got crowded by all the people in the manor, looking at her with expectant eyes.

“Right at this moment, out Magna Veneficus and his Guardian are going towards the manor of the Darklings, and we need to be ready. Ready for battle, for when they need us.” She said. Everyone made a noise of agreement.

“I want each and every one of you to prepare for that time. I will announce you, for now, prepare.” She said and the wind stopped. Everyone nodded and started to disperse through the house. She took another deep breath and looked towards Taemin, who was walking towards her from the crowd.

“That was impressive.” He said as he stood in front of her. Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“Thank you.” She said. “I’m impressed, honestly.”

“People will listen to you, you’re their Insegnante, their queen.” He said and she flushed.

“No, I’m just a student, like all of them.” She said and Taemin grinned.

“Is exactly that what makes you so brilliant.” He said. “You’re humbleness.” She smiled and nodded. She saw how his amber aura appeared right in front of her eyes. The light flowed around him as he smiled at her. She frowned a bit, but let it go.

“Taemin, I think I need your help in getting ready.” She said. Taemin crooked his head as he put his hands into his pockets.

“My help?” He said and Chaerin nodded. The aura slowly vanished, and there was nothing but his persona looking at her. She crooked her head again, it was probably her lack of training.

“Yes, I need you to help me for this. It’s my first time.” She said.

“Alright, and what do you plan to do, exactly?” He said. She stopped for a moment to think. She hadn’t quite thought about it, what would she do once Jiyong needs her help? Barge in and start killing? But that wasn’t really a smart strategy. Her mind slowly drifted back to the night before, and she heard herself talking with Jiyong. Humans live with Demons and Angels inside, we chose who can go out.

“I’m planning to take out the angel inside the Evil.” She said with a smirk.

 


Gily's Notes: I'M BACK!

My LAPTOP only gives me 5 minutes now, so thank you all for waiting! I read all your comments while on my retreat, thank you!

I missed you all! So enjoy this chapter, until tomorrow! Love you all!!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥