Divine Weapon

Reincarnation

The silence was deafening as the body laid still on a bed. White sheets under his delicate skin, already cleaned and prepared. An honoring service, they had said. The best honors for the best leader. So many politics going on, so many repulsive fake tears as she looked at his body from a distance. From where she stood, it was as if he was sleeping, dreaming of something far greater than their miserable life. Dreaming of happiness, of hearts beating happily, without regrets. She smiled as she looked at him, imagining what could be going on in his mind if he were really sleeping, but his unmoving chest reminded her that he was dead, and only the Divine could bring him back.

With a heavy, aching heart, she walked out, not being able to stand one more second gazing at his unmoving body, at his soft features sleeping for eternity as she poured her hatred, her anger and her pain just gazing at him. Could she ever hate him? If not, could she ever recover? That empty feeling inside her heart was driving her crazy. Not being able to speak coherently as people asked her how she was, was driving her insane. It was overwhelming, having lost so much in so little time.

Without any words or being noticed, she walked out of Jiyong’s room. The warlocks and witches were chanting spells of good fortune and a good trip as she walked out. She thought they would give him a funeral, like normal humans do, she was wrong. The Honorary Service consisted in spells of protection against Evil, a few more of good fortune for his next life and vision for when he reached the Boatman. She had read of that a million of times, but had always thought it was just stories made up by the ancient people, now she realized everything was true.

As she walked out, reaching the lowest part of the manor, she felt a pull on one of her arms. She frowned and looked back, only to see no one in there. Shrugging it off, she continued walking, in hopes of reaching the dungeons, in hopes of finding answers. She felt the pull again, and her eyes widened when she saw an aura changing colors. From White to Red, then Blue and Green. “Who is there?” She asked, knowing all too well only the most talented Warlocks and Witches had all four elements. She heard footsteps approaching her, and her air got caught in as she saw who was in front of her.

Taemin, looking tired, dirty and weak. She took a deep breath as she felt the steel running towards her hands, only to stop when he extended his own, weak and delicate hands. “No, please stop.” He said, his voice strained and low.

“Why would I? Who are you?” She said. She saw him taking a deep breath and nodding.

“Lee Taemin.” He said. She narrowed her eyes and looked at him from head to toe, then raised an eyebrow.

“Lee Taemin’s dead.” She said. Taemin shook his head and looked at his hands. Chaerin noticed his scarred wrists, still bleeding a bit.

“No, I’m not.” He said. Chaerin narrowed her eyes and straightened herself.

“What happened to you, then?” She asked, still uncertain as to believe him or not.

“Can you see my aura?” He asked with a trembling voice. Chaerin held in a breath and slowly nodded, watching the colorful aura coming out of his skin like radiance. Taemin let out a sigh and took a step forward, then another, until he reached Chaerin, holding her hands. “Would you believe me if I told you it wasn’t me?” Chaerin looked down at her feet, then back at his face and slowly nodded.

“Yes.” She muttered. Taemin smiled weakly and took a step back, giving her a bit of comfort space.

“After my brother succumbed to Evil, I was lost.” Taemin started, and Chaerin would have told him to shut up, but she was too curious to tell him to, and he looked deeply pained. “I mourned him, I thought I would move on, until he came to me.”

“Azazel?” Chaerin said and Taemin nodded slowly. She bit her lower lip and let out a sigh, looking down.

“He came with such a persuasive manner that I couldn’t keep myself from getting near him.” He muttered. “And he made me succumb to evil as well. It was the most painful thing I have ever endured in my life. I felt lost, completely alone, and what’s worst, he locked me up in that cell to rot, taking my place in the Coven.”

“That’s why his aura was different.” Chaerin murmured, then narrowed her eyes and looked at him. He looked normal, his eyes looked brown, instead of black, like Jonghyun’s had been. “But if you became a Darkling, how come you’re aura’s different?”

“I found my way back to the light, Insegnante. I found my way.” He said. For a moment, Chaerin’s eyes widened, then opened slightly as she realized she had been right all that time.

“Can a Darkling turn back into a Warlock?” She asked and Taemin nodded.

“I don’t know about it as well, but I managed to do it, I don’t know how. Being a Darkling is terrible, your body hurts all the time, the powers drain you, yet you can keep using them. They drain you until they kill you, if you can’t find your way back.” He said.

“Taemin, Jonghyun’s still a Darkling.” Chaerin said and Taemin nodded, looking down while biting his lip.

“I have never stopped thinking how miserably he must be, and what’s worst, he must be dead already.” Taemin said. Chaerin shook her head and looked around, then back at Taemin.

“No, he must still be alive.” Chaerin muttered. “He must still be around.”

“What happened to the Magna Veneficus?” Taemin asked.

“I beg your pardon?” She said and Taemin narrowed his eyes.

“What happened to Jiyong? I can’t feel him anymore.” Taemin said and Chaerin looked down, remembering Jiyong’s calm face, lying on his bed, lifeless.

“He is dead, Taemin.” She muttered. Taemin widened his eyes as he fell back, holding himself on the wall.

“I beg your pardon?” He echoed her words. She embraced herself and nodded, looking down.

“I… I killed him…”

“You did what?!” Taemin hissed and she lowered her face, tears threatening to fall from her eyes as she felt Taemin’s anger rising.

“It was an accident, he was just there when I killed Azazel. Somehow the power was too great to be contained, and he received the attack too.”

“You killed Azazel? A Demon? One of the Nine Prince of Hell? That’s impossible.” Taemin said, then looked around the dungeons. They were half inside, half outside, the gardens were destroyed close to the walls, and the place was completely burned and broken.

“Really?” She said in sarcasm. “Well, he’s dead, so is Jiyong.”

“But it’s impossible Lee Chaerin, only Divine power can kill a Prince of Hell.” He said. Chaerin widened her eyes in realization as Taemin spoke to her about how Divine power was too great for a human to contain and how it was impossible for the Gods to find a Vial that could contain it.

“Taemin, shut up.” She said as she looked at her hands. Taemin closed his mouth, then narrowed his eyes at her.

“I’m sorry?” He said and Chaerin looked at him with a smile, extending her hand at him.

“Divine Power.” She said. Taemin raised an eyebrow, then looked at her hand.

“Divine Power?” He echoed and she nodded, holding his hand in hers.

“I killed Azazel, and I can bring back Jiyong!” She said. Taemin rolled his eyes, then looked down at her.

“Listen Chaerin, it’s impossible, no one can kill a Demon, and no one can bring back the dead.” He said. Chaerin glared at him, then looked at the gardens. Moving her hands swiftly, she started to rebuild the dungeons in front of Taemin. The garden turned back to life as the walls build up, and in less than a minute, everything was as if nothing had happened.

“Listen Taemin, you have to come with me, no one will believe me, like you don’t believe me.” She said, holding his hand again.

“It’s not that I don’t–” He stopped as she got into his mind. It was painful at first, but she managed to get in without any problems. She saw how he suffered all that time, being a Darkling, then the pain it gave him going back to a Warlock. She saw him and Jonghyun running around in their teenage years, then him having affairs with different woman. She was going to get out, only to see Dara smiling at him, and feeling how his heart skipped a bit every time she did. She smiled unconsciously, then shook her head and opened her eyes. Taemin looked like he was being dazed, his eyes opened yet disoriented, his breathing slow and normal. She closed her eyes again and put into his mind her memories of the fight with Azazel, of how she saw him taking Jiyong’s flames and turning them into his favor, and how her powers got out of her without she realizing, killing Azazel, and Jiyong with him.

Taemin gasped as he pushed her away, falling to his knees as he held onto his head, almost crying. Chaerin panted as she stabilized herself, it was painful to get into someone’s head, but it was more having that someone push you out. “I wasn’t lying.”

“You weren’t lying.” He murmured, then stood up, trembling all over. “Take me to him.” Chaerin nodded and walked back into the house.

Taemin followed her closely, not being missed by the people all around. Word had been going around and the people were in their high alerts. Chaerin ignored them all and reached Jiyong’s final lair, which was highly secured by guardians. Youngbae was in front of the door, his arms crossed against his chest as he scowled at everyone. It was evident his loss, after all, Guardians lived only to protect their Warlock or Witch.

“Insegnante.” Youngbae said, his face stern and serious. Chaerin stopped in front of him, her dress covering her trembling legs, the power was starting to hurt her physically. “What is going on?” He asked while looking at Taemin. Chaerin cleared and looked at Taemin, who was looking as weak as ever.

“Youngbae,” Chaerin said, her voice high and stern. “Let me through.”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t do that. Who is he and what is he doing here?”

“Are you questioning my loyalty?” Chaerin answered. Youngbae widened his eyes and shook his head quickly.

“No, never.” He said and lowered his face, moving aside. “You may enter.”

“Come with me.” She said. Youngbae lifted his head and nodded, following Chaerin inside the room. She held in a breath as she saw Jiyong’s body lying lifeless on his bed, his hands delicately put over his chest while his hair and clothes were neatly arranged. She bit her lower lip as she walked closer to him, her trembling hand slowly caressing his face as tear fell down her cheek.

The mere touch gave her a shock through her veins, as if he was made of electricity. She frowned and touched him again, the shock ran through her palms again, and she gasped, pulling back harshly. “What’s the matter?” Taemin asked. Chaerin looked at him with wide eyes, then looked back at Jiyong.

“I think the power is responding to him.” Chaerin muttered as she felt the Liquid Steel running wildly through her veins.

Dara, who was sitting on a chair next to Jiyong’s bed, slowly stood up, looking at Chaerin with narrow eyes. “Only the Divine can bring back the death.” She said. Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at her.

“I beg your pardon?” Chaerin said and Dara smiled while touching Jiyong’s hand.

“The Divine Weapon of the Gods in Earth is you Chaerin, you have Divine power.” Dara said. Chaerin raised an eyebrow as she looked at Dara, slowly processing what she was saying.

“Dara, please.” Chaerin said, then her eyes widened as she realized what Dara was saying. “Divine Power.” She muttered as she bent over Jiyong’s body, caressing his face softly. "My Divine Power."

 


Gily's Notes: It is not too long, but the Epilogue is coming out soon. If not tonight, tomorrow :D

I can't thank you enough! 

P.S: You can listen to Leaves' Eyes "Njord" album (Specially "Emerald Island" and "Through Our Veins") or Nightwish's "Imaginaerum" album ("Deep Down") while reading this... I strongly suggest that you listen to the song "Find your Story" from the album Imaginaerum while reading the Epilogue... 

Happy Wonderful Reading ~

Gily ♥