Epilogue

Reincarnation

In her mind, his smile was bright, illuminating her shadows, illuminating her life. She tried to picture him being happy, being alive, being safe. His smile illuminating her whole life as his soft hands caressed her face. She had lost and gain, she had hoped and wished, only to fall again. He was just a stranger in her life, a man without any meaning to her, once. Now he was her everything, and without realizing it, she had fallen madly for him, loving him in all unnatural ways, in an inhuman way of loving someone as deeply and purely as him. She had never loved, never knew what it was to feel protected and to protect someone, she hadn’t know she was capable of doing it, but she did.

His cold body, unmoving under her hands as she caressed him, imagining the fire, the water, the earth and the wind running through his body from her palms. She wanted to give herself to him completely, wanted to give him something to live on, even if she had to die in the process. She wanted him to live for both of them, wanted to see him smile again, wanted to hear his voice calling her name, calling for her. Tears fell from her eyes as she felt the Liquid Steel running out of her palms and into his body, his cold and unmoving body.

“Please…” She begged while biting her lips as she imagined him alive and safe over and over again.

“Is it working?” She heard someone saying, then another person shushing them. She bit her lip harder, blood coming out of it as she started to sweat, feeling the power coming out of her in torrents of energies, getting into his cold body, but still, he was still unmoving.

“Jiyong… Please…” She begged again, now closer to his face, his glorious, perfect face. A tear fell over his cheek, glowing eerily as her power got into him, draining her whole. She collapsed on top of him, touching his chest, his neck and arms. “Jiyong…” She murmured again and again, but no response from him.

“Chae, it is enough.” Dara said, her voice soft and pained. Chaerin shook her head, almost unable to do so.

“There must be something wrong.” Chaerin murmured as she kissed Jiyong’s chest. “There must be something I’m missing.”

“It is alright Chaerin, come.” Youngbae said, slowly pushing her up. She allowed him to do so, watching Jiyong’s body in front of her, unmoving and cold, lifeless. “You did your best.”

“There must be something else.” Chaerin muttered as Youngbae lifted her from bed and walked her away from Jiyong’s body. “Something I’m missing…”

Her eyes slowly closed as she couldn’t take exhaustion anymore. Her body was responding to the lack of her other half, was responding to the missing heartbeat of her bond, of her vitality. She wasn’t strong anymore, now that Jiyong wasn’t there for her. The power was slowly consuming her, she could feel it, consuming her weakened body, and for the first time, she welcomed exhaustion with hopes of death. Death was better than to dwell on a weak body, missing it’s half while slowly rotting, until it gives up.

Death was better than allowing her heart to continue on, suffering every day for the heart that had stopped beating by her own hand. It was an easy way out, a selfish way out, but she desired it with all her might and her soul.

“Chaerin.” She heard as she fell into a dark pit, alone and lost. She wasn’t sure what happened or why it happened, but she was completely alone in that darkness, slowly being dragged further into it, being chained to it. “Come.”

“What?” She murmured as she stood up, looking around into the nothingness. There was nothing there, she knew, but she could picture a house, a small cottage in the woods, filled with love and home. She smiled as the house became real, a familiar place to her mind.

“Come here.” She heard Jiyong’s voice calling her, filled with happiness, with cheer and joy. She gulped as a pang of pain went through her heart. She had never heard him like that, with such happiness and giddiness. He was different.

“I can’t see you.” She said as she looked around.

“It’s because you’re searching for someone that’s not there anymore.” He said.

“I’m looking for you.” She answered, taking a few steps closer to the cottage.

“And who am I?” He said. She stopped and took a deep breath, looking down at her feet.

“Jiyong…” She murmured. A soft laughter came from the woods, and she looked up, only to see a shadow coming closer.

“And do you know me?” He said. She bit her lip, not sure what to answer. “Do you know who Jiyong is?”

“Where are you?” She said desperately. Jiyong laughed again, and she could see a shape in the shadow, a tall, skinny man. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw him.

“I don’t think you know me at all.” He said, getting closer to her, revealing himself to her. She smiled as she saw him, smiling, glowing, being happy.

“I don’t.” She honestly said. He smiled widely and looked down.

“You know, I’ve been told my smile is my best charm.” He honestly said. Chaerin laughed and nodded, suddenly aware that she was wearing a black, long dress.

“It is.” She said, taking slow steps towards him.

“What do you think is my best charm?” He said, now looking at her. His hair was black, his brown eyes were shining, his clothes looked clean and fresh, a lose white shirt with a pair of jeans.

“I love your eyes.” She said and he smiled wider, showing his gums. She felt hear heart stopping at that sight, it was a new one for her.

“I see, I like your eyes too, though I believe your smile is the heavenly feature of your face.” He said. Chaerin looked down, feeling flushed.

“Thank you.”

“You are not Jocelyn,” He said out of the blue, and she widened her eyes at his sudden remark.

“I’m sorry?” She said and he smiled again.

“You are not Jocelyn, and should never be compared to her.” He said. She felt a stinging pain on her chest by the way his sentence sounded.

“No, I am not.” She said, swallowing the sour taste of pain. He smiled again and took a step forward, his smile never fading.

“You are my Chaerin,” He said, and took another step forward, now only inches away from her. “You are my Chaerin.” She smiled and he put a hand over her face, caressing her cheeks, her eyes, her nose, .

“Yes.” She said and he nodded, smiling ever so brightly.

“You are my Chaerin, and never should be away from me.” He muttered as he pulled her into a hug. She hugged him tight, feeling his body warmth close to her, feeling him again so alive in her hands.

“Come back to me.” Chaerin muttered on his chest, and she felt him taking a deep breath, as if to avoid a pain on his chest.

“I want to.” He said. She pulled back and looked at him into his eyes. They looked sad all of a sudden, empty, hollow, depressed. “I want to, but I can’t.”

“Why? Why can’t you?” She said and he smiled bitterly, his eyes glistening as a tear fell down his cheek.

“My time has come, my Chaerin, I can’t go back.”

“But I used the Divine power to wake you up. Wake up.” She begged him. He smiled again, and it hurt her skin and heart as he slowly shook his head.

“It is my time already, I have to stay.” He murmured. Chaerin shook her head as she clutched unto his shirt, pulling him closer to her, wishing for them to become one.

“Don’t do this to me, don’t.” She begged, but he just smiled in response.

“But you have to go, you can’t be here yet.” He said, and another tear fell from his eye. “I can’t be away from you, but you have to leave.”

“I won’t leave! If I have to live without you, then please, let Death take me with you.”

“No!” He said, pushing her away from him. “You have to live, you have to go.” She shook her head and he started to walk back into the cottage. Chaerin ran after him, holding his arm close to her heart.

“Don’t you dare leave me, don’t! I have been through so many things, we have. You can’t just leave me alone!”

“I don’t want this, I don’t, but I can’t keep on living Chaerin. I am tired of living, so many years of pain and sorrow, it is enough.” He said and tried to free his arm without putting any effort on it.

“Then what about me? Isn’t this another opportunity for you to be happy?” She said, tears falling nonstop down her face. He looked to the side, avoiding her gaze.

“I love you like I have never loved anyone in my life, and it’s that what I’m afraid of. I can’t lose you and keep on living, I won’t resist it.”

“Jiyong, look at where you are right now! You can die, you won’t need to see me die because we can die together!” She told him but he still didn’t looked at her.

“I have suffered enough Chaerin.” He said, his voice low and hoarse, he was sobbing as he tried to push her away.

“And you have to make me suffer just because you’re afraid?”

“I can’t lose you anymore.” He said and she scoffed, letting go of his arm. He stumbled a bit, then looked at her with wide eyes.

“You are losing me now.” She said, and as if a string had pulled her, everything disappeared, and she was back in the darkness, alone and confused. “You are losing me now.”

“Chaerin!” her body moved around harshly as she heard someone calling her. Her eyes slowly opened, and her heart stopped as she saw Youngbae’s face right in front of hers. She pushed back, burying herself on her pillow from her shock. “You’re ok?”

“What?” She asked and sat up. Her eyes felt wet, and she put a hand on them, only to realize she had been crying.

“Is everything ok?” He asked again and she nodded slowly, looking at her hands.

“He said he doesn’t wants to come back.” She said. Youngbae narrowed his eyes at her.

“Who?”

“Jiyong, he said he won’t come back.” She said again and broke down crying. Youngbae quickly went over her and hugged her, caressing her head softly.

“There, can you walk?” He said and Chaerin nodded, cleaning her tears with the back of her hand.

“Yes, yes I can.” She said and Youngbae smiled nodding.

“Then, can you go with me somewhere?” He said. She looked at him with narrow eyes, but nodded.

“Where?” She asked and Youngbae smiled, extending a hand towards her.

“Just come.” He said. Chaerin held his hand and followed him. He walked her back towards Jiyong’s room, and she stopped abruptly as she realized.

“No, Youngbae, don’t take me there.” She said and he looked at her hands, then at her face.

“Please, come.” He said. She hesitated for a bit, but nodded, following him right after. He stopped in front of the door, and she raised an eyebrow at the lack of Guardians there.

“Why, Youngbae?” She asked, but he just smiled and opened the door slowly. She didn’t wanted to walk in, didn’t wanted to see Jiyong’s lifeless body again, didn’t wanted to be reminded that he didn’t wanted to come back, come back to her.

“Just come.” He said again. She bit her lower lip and nodded, entering the room after him. She looked down, trying to avoid by all cost looking at the bed, where his body would be lying still until the burial day.

“Chaerin.” Her eyes widened as she looked up hastily, drying and her heart stopping. “My Chaerin.”

 

He smiled as she walked in, fidgeting with her fingers as her head hung down low. His weak body felt happy looking at her, feeling alive again. “My Chaerin.”

“Ji-Jiyong?!” She stuttered as she hastily looked up at him. He smiled and nodded, kicking off the bed sheets and moving to the edge of the bed. Taemin extended a hand to help him up, and he took it gladly.

“My Chaerin.” He said again as he straightened up. She shook her head as she looked at him with wide eyes, open.

“H-How is it possible?” She asked, a hand over her chest as her eyes turned watery. Jiyong smiled and took a few steps towards her. He still felt too weak, his body was still numb.

“I came back for you.” He said. She bit her lower lip as tears fell down her cheeks.

“But you said you didn’t wanted to.”

“I don’t want to lose you anymore.” He said and she looked down, holding her hands tight.

“But you were losing me already.” She murmured and he nodded, biting his lip.

“That’s why I came back.” He finally said and she ran towards him, hugging him tight. He hugged her back, kissing the top of her head as she clutched her little fingers on his shirt. “I came back.”

“You came back for me.” She mumbled on his chest and he nodded laughing.

“I’ll always come back for you.”

 

The forest looked clear and illuminated as they walked in. The weather was perfectly great that day, the wind blowing softly and the Sun illuminating everything perfectly. A group of people wearing black ran through them like shadows in the night, their hands burning in flames as they illuminated even more the woods while they walked in.

“Search high and low, if he’s there, he must be too weak.” Jiyong said as he signaled to their front. Youngbae stood by his side, a dagger held in his hand, almost like a part of his own body, as they walked.

“Do you think he has a chance?” Youngbae asked, but Jiyong just shrugged.

“Chaerin thinks so, and if we don’t find him alive, we should at least find his corpse.” Jiyong said as he burned away a few branches in the way. Youngbae shuddered and lifted a trunk with his hand, wind flowing softly through his fingers as he moved it away.

“Don’t ever mention that word again, you were one and I was the most miserable man in the world.” Youngbae muttered and Jiyong laughed.

“Don’t be such a crybaby, I’m back.” Jiyong said, jumping over a tree, taking a better view of their surroundings. Youngbae scoffed and buried his dagger on the ground as he took out his jacket.

“Well, if we do find him, do you think he’ll agree to Taemin’s ways?” Youngbae said. Jiyong threw himself from the tree and shrugged again.

“He either accepts or dies, I won’t let a Darkling like him escape my grasp ever again.”

“Wow, old Traven strikes back.” Youngbae said and Jiyong chuckled, slightly punching him.

“Shut up.”

“Everyone! Over here!” Seunghyun called over. Jiyong narrowed his eyes and grabbed Youngbae’s jacket and started to walk towards them.

“Do you trust him?” Youngbae said next to him, and yet again, Jiyong shrugged.

“Can’t say I do, but he is a Guardian, he should swear himself to us.”

“I’ll make him suffer on his training, you’ll see.” Youngbae said and Jiyong laughed.

“Yes, lieutenant.” Jiyong said. Both of them stopped playing around as they reached Seunghyun. He looked at them seriously, and Jiyong nodded slightly at him.

“Magna Veneficus, Primus Guardiano, I think I found him.” Seunghyun said, signaling a crumpled old cloak on the floor. Jiyong narrowed his eyes as he knelt next to the cloak, moving it aside. His eyes widened as he saw Jonghyun underneath it, looking pale and dead.

“Is he dead?” Youngbae asked. Jiyong put a finger on his neck, and his eyes widened when he felt a faint pulse on it.

“No, he’s not.” He said as he stood up. “Quick, take him back to the manor.” Youngbae nodded and bent down to carry him.

“Are you sure you want a Darkling inside the manor?” Seungri asked. Jiyong his front teeth and looked at him with an amused expression.

“You didn’t questioned it when a Demon was inside, what danger a Darkling could mean?” he said and Seungri nodded while lowering his head. Jiyong his lips again as he helped Youngbae with Jonghyun. He heard low grunts from him, and he instantly freaked. “Bae, stop.”

“What?” Youngbae hissed as he stopped, clearly having a hard time carrying Jonghyun’s body.

“I think he’s hurt.” Jiyong said as he lifted his shirt. Youngbae grunted and put Jonghyun back down.

“I was made to carry your skinny , Ji. This bastard is way too heavy.” Youngbae protested, but Jiyong ignored him. He turned Jonghyun around and saw a huge, infected wound on Jonghyun’s chest and stomach.

“Oh .” He said and rolled his sleeves up, then rubbed his hands together.

“Do you think you can heal him?” Seunghyun asked, but Jiyong just glared at him.

“I still don’t trust you enough to answer you that.” Jiyong said as he put his hand on Jonghyun’s chest.

“And come to think of it, the only reason why you’re here is because Jiyong doesn’t trust you enough to leave you at the Manor without surveillance.” Youngbae said. Jiyong could hear both Seungri’s and Seunghyun’s grunts, but he ignored them all and continued imagining water running through his palms.

He felt the coldness of water at the tip of his fingers, and just when he was about to let go, Youngbae stopped him, and Jiyong hissed at him. “What if it hurts him? He’s still a darkling.” He said. Jiyong raised an eyebrow and looked back at Jonghyun.

“Bae, I don’t think he’s a Darkling anymore.” Jiyong muttered as he saw a faint glow of red around Jonghyun’s body. His aura.

“What?” Youngbae asked as he knelt down besides Jiyong.

“I see red in his aura.” Jiyong said. Youngbae looked at Jonghyun again, who grunted, and nodded quickly.

“Hurry, heal him.” He said and Jiyong put his cool hands over his chest, letting the water flow through his body. He felt the pain on his own body, yet he knew he was feeling the wound healing as the burning sensation got through his veins, after the cool one.

Jonghyun’s soft grunts made him jump slightly, and he smiled once he saw Jonghyun opening his eyes, brown and disoriented. “Welcome back pal.” Jiyong muttered, and Jonghyun looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Where am I?” Jonghyun said in a weak voice, and Jiyong crooked his head as he balanced his weight on his feet.

“Home brother, you are at home.”

 

Chaerin ran out of the doors as she heard the news on the wind. Her face couldn’t hide her happiness as she ran down the set of stairs, looking in the distance a group of men approaching the manor. She stopped at the base of the steps as they got closer, and her heart skipped a beat as she saw Jonghyun being carried back by Youngbae and Jiyong. She jumped slightly as Jonghyun looked at her, a weak smile plastered over his face.

They finally reached her, and she put both her hands in front of her as tears fell down her eyes. Taemin was right beside her, and she could see he too was controlling his urges of hugging them tight.

“Hello.” Jonghyun said in a weak voice, and Chaerin smiled widely as she saw him, even though he looked weak and terrible, it was him, and he was back.

“Welcome back.” She said and looked at Jiyong, almost pleading for him to let her hug him, and he nodded softly, letting go of Jonghyun. She quickly went over him and hugged him tight. Jonghyun grunted as she did, but still hugged her back. “Welcome back dear friend.”

“I am back.” He muttered and she pulled away. Taemin walked over him, his lips trembling as he smiled. Jonghyun smiled at him and pulled him into a hug.

“My brother.” Jonghyun said and Taemin hugged him tight, burying his head on his shoulders. “When did you grow up, little Tristan?” Jonghyun said and Taemin chuckled as he cleaned a tear from his eye.

“It’s just that you didn’t grew up.” He said and Jonghyun laughed. Jiyong walked over to Chaerin and put a hand over her shoulders, hugging her slightly. She looked at him and he bent down to kiss her softly on her lips. She smiled and put a hand over his chest, caressing him.

“Thank you.” She said and he nodded, kissing her forehead.

“You were right, there is no real Evil. We just choose which path we take.” He said and Chaerin nodded smiling. “So what do you say Jonghyun, coming back to your old job?” Jiyong said out loud, and Jonghyun looked at him with confused eyes.

“What?”

“Chaerin still needs a Guardian, and Youngbae will need a second in command. I can’t get you to be Primus Guardiano, but you can be his second, if you agree.” Jiyong said and Jonghyun smiled wide, nodding.

“I will be most honored, Magna Veneficus.” He said bowing his head and Jiyong shook his head and put a hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder.

“No, I’m just a friend, talk to me like one.” Jiyong said and Jonghyun nodded, smiling. Jiyong smiled back and hugged him. Chaerin looked at them with a bright smile on her face. Yes, her life had changed, yes, she had seen her life going into darkness, and then back to light, but she realized that, even in the darkest time, she still had Stars to guide her even through the most dangerous path, because they cared, they loved her. Even if she could still Reincarnate, she wouldn’t change nothing about this life, because even if they said it was a lie, there was nothing more real than this.

 


Gily's Notes: Oh my.

I can't believe I finished this. Wow... It has been such a great experience, loads of emotions, happiness, sadness, depression, anger and all of those. I have never been more grateful to someone as I am to you, my dear readers. FrenchKijibe (Sarita), LittleTea, J3llydonut, Fandhate, Cielroo, Ra21Ah, Oneknight and all of those who have been with me all this time, not only in Reincarnation, but in Collide and Collision, I trully love you all! You are special to me in all different ways and it is because of that that this is for you! I'm glad you give me support, coment and tell me your ideas, believe it or not, most of you give me ideas when I run out of them, and everytime I read your comments, ideas keep on popping on my head, and I'm trully thankful for that!

I know most of you wish I would die because I keep on torturing Jiyongie, but I know you love it as much as I do! So don't complain! LOL!!!

Remember, Reincarnation has just ended, but SkyDragon keeps on going! And like usual, you can expect another story coming soon! 

I can't express how much I love you guys and how grateful am I! Thanks for everything! *bows*

Don't forget to Upvote this story, I trully wish one day to see one of my stories being feature *greedy me*

Happy Reading~

Have a happy life ~

Wait for me!

Gily ♥