Aura

Reincarnation

“Just concentrate a little more, close your eyes if you want to.” Taemin said as he touched her head. Chaerin nodded and closed her eyes, taking deep breaths. “The Spirit Element gives the bearer power over humans. Depending on its development, it can give the bearer control over minds, like Earth gives control over matter.”

“I feel like dying.” Chaerin muttered as she opened her eyes, panting as she grabbed her head. “Don’t you have an aspirin or something?”

“Once you let go, the pain will go. Just like when Fire started, you couldn’t bear the burning, the same goes to Spirit, now concentrate.” Taemin said. Chaerin nodded and closed her eyes again. She tried to see with her inner eye her surroundings, but all she got was blackness.

“Taemin, what am I supposed to do?” She murmured. Taemin let out a sigh and touched her hands.

“When Gaia blessed you, you became able to feel people’s aura near you.” Taemin said and Chaerin nodded. “When the God of gods blesses one person, he gives the power to see that aura. You can learn to control it, and even, move those auras at will.”

“Move them at will?”

“You will be able to control minds.” He said. Chaerin opened her eyes as she gasped.

“Is that why Jiyong could get into my mind so easily?”

“Aside from the natural calling you both have, that’s a reason.” Taemin said. Chaerin nodded and closed her eyes again. She tried to see Taemin at least. She knew he was there, so that wasn’t helping her much.

“Maybe if you could move…” She said. She heard the ruffling of leaves, and then, she didn’t felt him in front of her anymore. She took deep breaths, trying to see her surroundings. She could only imagine the gardens, the flowers and the trees flowing with the soft breeze of the day. She was going to give up and open her eyes when she saw a faint light not too far from her. She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at it. Slowly, the light formed into a figure the color of amber. It was still, then other lights appeared around the garden, colors of green, red, blue and white. She gasped as she opened her eyes, and saw Taemin standing where the amber light was.

“Did you see anything?” He said and she nodded eagerly.

“I saw lights.” She said. Taemin smiled and walked towards her, sitting in front of her. “Lights of all colors.”

“Those are Auras.” Taemin said. “Depending on the colors, it’s their power or their soul.”

“I saw yours, it was amber.” She said. Taemin smiled and nodded.

“I have four elements on me, that’s why you saw me amber.” He said with a smile.

“So mine’s amber too?” She said and Taemin shrugged.

“I can’t tell, I don’t have the Spirit element, you should ask Jiyong. He’s the only one who knows, the only one who can see.” Taemin said and Chaerin nodded.

“Right, so if I see one’s aura in Red means they have the Fire element?” Chaerin asked and Taemin nodded.

“That’s what Jiyong said.”

“You’re Jiyong’s closest student, right?” Chaerin asked and Taemin chuckled.

“That was a long time ago, now, I’m just his friend, and part of this Coven.” He said.

“Where you supposed to be the other Magna Veneficus?” She asked and he nodded.

“But now I don’t know, never got the blessing of the God of Gods. Being from a family of Guardians is also not much help for that.” He said. Chaerin lifted her knees and embraced them, looking at him.

“What’s the matter of being a Guardian?” She asked.

“A Guardian’s power is based on their protégé’s powers. They usually only bear one element, and are not really good at them.” Taemin said. “They are excellent warriors, perfect in battle, we, the Warlocks and Witches, are not really good in battle.”

“So I can’t kick anybody’s ?” She said, earning laughter from Taemin.

“Yes you can, but you can’t kick a Guardian’s , he’ll probably kick yours before you think about it.” He explained. Chaerin nodded. “Though you kicked the High Warlock’s , that’s impressive.”

“I’m really not too proud of it, honestly.” She said, sulking on her knees. Taemin laughed and ruffled her hair.

“I am not proud, just happy. I have always wanted to see Ji’s getting kicked. He was such a pain in the once.” Taemin said. Chaerin chuckled.

“I want to know more about him. He never talks, he’s so… conservative…” She said. Taemin let out a sigh and nodded.

“He is, but it’s because he’s scared.” He said.

“Scared? Of what?”

“Of losing.” Taemin said. “Just imagine you, losing over and over again the people you most love, not finding a way out of that cycle.” Chaerin pouted and rested her head on her knees. It must be terrible, she thought. She could only see his face, over and over again, crying, or simply looking in the distance with sorrowful eyes, begging the world to just stop hitting him over and over again.

“Have I died a lot?” She asked. Taemin laughed.

“What kind of question is that?” Taemin said. Chaerin shrugged and let out a sigh.

“I just want to know.” She said shrugging. Taemin smiled and nodded.

“I don’t know the exact number, but it’s been more than a hundred times.” Taemin said. Chaerin held in a gasp, the wind blew slightly harder. “I’m sorry if that shocked you.” He said.

“No, not at all.” She said, her hands sweating.

“You know, Jocelyn’s element of choice was Wind. She would constantly walk through the gardens making the wind blow softly.” Taemin said. Chaerin smiled as she remembered the vision she had on her, that was actually Jocelyn, walking around the grounds with her hands extended.

“She was perfect, wasn’t she?” Chaerin said. Taemin nodded a bit.

“Not perfect, she was just… unique. Like you are Chaerin.” He said. Chaerin let out a sigh and hugged her knees tighter.

“Jiyong thinks I’m the “Worst Reincarnation” yet, so I doubt I’m close to her.” Chaerin said. Taemin chuckled.

“In time you’ll see he was just saying that out of fear. Jiyong has very complex feelings, but when he feels, he feels madly.” Taemin said. “When he loves, he loves dearly, purely and strongly, that’s why he’s so distant.”

“He can’t love me.” Chaerin said. “And I honestly don’t think I can love him back.”

“Do you?” Taemin said. Chaerin looked at him and nodded.

“I would’ve felt it, and I just feel really… confused and scared with him.” She said. Taemin laughed and nodded.

“Chaerin, you gave your life to save his, isn’t that something?” He said and Chaerin stopped in her thoughts, thinking about that.

“It was the right thing to do.” She said. Taemin shook his head.

“It wasn’t.” He said. Chaerin looked at him with confused eyes. “Just try and imagine him dying, letting him die, could you bear it?”

“Of course not!” She said out of the blue. “I mean, I wouldn’t let anyone die, I just can’t.” She said, but Taemin was already smirking.

“He’s out in a mission right now.” Taemin said. Chaerin raised an eyebrow. “He will get into the Demon’s lair to gather information on who we are dealing with.”

“Demon’s lair? But he said he was going to catch up with Youngbae.” She said, her voice falling a few octaves. Taemin nodded.

“Yes, interesting how a highly trained Guardian, not to mention his guardian, are out catching up.” Taemin said. “Did I just said that Youngbae was second to best to Jonghyun? Both of them where in charge of the Guardian’s army, Youngbae being Jonghyun’s second in command?”

“What? Youngbae is Jiyong’s guardian?” Chaerin said and Taemin nodded.

“The only reason why Youngbae is also immortal is because he is Jiyong’s guardian, and he’s bound to protect him no matter what.” Taemin said. Chaerin stood up abruptly.

“We have to help them, they can’t get there by themselves!” She said. Taemin stood up and put his hands on her shoulders. She looked up at his annoyingly calmed face.

“We can’t do much, you don’t have a guardian anymore, and mine’s not here. They are the strongest among us, and I pretty much believe Jiyong’s stocked up on energies, they’ll be fine.” Taemin said. Chaerin shook her head and slapped Taemin’s hands away.

“So you expect me to just sit and wait?” She said and Taemin nodded.

“Jiyong left me in charge, he asked me of all things to protect you, so yes, we will stay here and wait.” He said.

“No, I can’t.” She said and Taemin chuckled.

“Chaerin, he will be safer if you stay here, he won’t be able to properly fight if you’re there and he’s thinking of saving you.” He said.

“He doesn’t has to save me!” She whined and Taemin nodded, putting a hand on her shoulder again.

“But who will tell him that? Who will make him understand?”

The night came quickly and the woods turned dark, the Sun wasn’t there anymore for them to see clearly anymore. Dropping his bag, Jiyong halted to a stop as he searched for a bottle of water. Youngbae looked at him and dropped his own bag, sitting next to them.

“How much more?” Youngbae said as he grabbed his bottle of water and sipped on it. Jiyong took another sip and capped the bottle, putting it back on his bag.

“Like 5 more miles? I’m not sure, can’t feel anything yet.” He said and slumped down besides Youngbae.

“Well, we can either continue walking or rest here.” Youngbae said, handing him an apple. Jiyong shook his head and Youngbae shrugged, biting on it.

“We should rest a little, we don’t know what we’re facing yet.”

“I’m itching for a fight.” Youngbae said smiling as he ate his apple. Jiyong chuckled and nodded.

“It has been a while since we both fight, hasn’t it?” Jiyong said and Youngbae nodded.

“I had been out for a while.” He murmured as he laid his back on top of his bag, letting out a sigh. Jiyong did the same, looking at the sky. He was starting to miss home, was starting to feel alone, distant.

“Bae,” Jiyong murmured. Youngbae made a sound with his throat, letting him know he was listening. “I think I miss her.” Youngbae sat up, his face a mixture of confusion and shock.

“What?” Youngbae said. Jiyong shrugged and looked at the sky again.

“I think I miss her.” He said again. Youngbae nodded and rested his head on his palm, looking at Jiyong.

“You think?”

“I think.”

“Jiyong, why can’t you just accept it?” Youngbae said. Jiyong shrugged and lifted his body, resting his weight on his elbows.

“Can you accept losing someone over and over again?”

“Aren’t we fighting for that to stop? I know she gave you hopes, if not, we wouldn’t be here.” Youngbae said. Jiyong smiled and nodded.

“She has.” He said. Youngbae slapped his chest and smirked.

“Then just accept it, accept her.” Youngbae said. Jiyong glared at him as he rested his head on his bag again. “I know you won’t kill her, so just accept it.”

“I won’t kill her, but I am afraid to accept it,” Jiyong said.

“Why?”

“Because I may lose my strength. Loving her will make me worry, and worry will make me weak.”

“You’re already weak my friend, and it’s not because you love her but because you don’t.” Youngbae said. “Jiyong, I have been your Guardian since forever, and we’ve become more than friends, we’re like brothers. I know you as much as you know me, and I know that you still love Jocelyn as much as you once had, but I also know you are starting to love Chaerin, and that’s the only strength you need.”

“Jocelyn…” Jiyong said, her face distorting and merging with Chaerin came back to him. “Jocelyn is Chaerin.” 

 


Gily's Notes: I updated because I love you and you guys are amazing and beautiful!

Next chapter is soooo... like koreans say, DAEBAK! Lol...

Will post it tomorow, my brain can't hold it any longer, so tired!

I want to give out a sad announcement... Remember the retreat I was talking about? Or I don't know if I did, but I'm going on a retreat for 9 days starting this saturday, so I don't think I'll be able to update at all, but I will try and give you loads of chapters this week so you guys won't kill me!

Btw, I spent the whole day writting so you guys can have so fun, so be nice! I'm dead tired because of it xD haha

I already wrote drafts for chapter 32, so wait patiently, you will love it! 

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥