Control

Reincarnation

His dagger was firmly held on his hand as he walked through the corridors. The eerie silence made all his hair stand, and his senses sharpened. He knew there was a threat, but he was blind, he couldn’t see it. Jiyong walked slowly towards the second aisle that led towards the library. He squinted his eyes at the shadows of the curtains. There was something not quite right on it. It was morphed in a strange figure, and he strengthened himself as he looked at it.

Laughter came from it, and he widened his eyes when a figure emerged from the shadows. Jiyong frowned when he saw Jonghyun smirking at him. “Well hello, Magna Veneficus.” He said. Jiyong hissed, but lowered his dagger.

“I won’t even ask how you got in here.” He murmured. Jonghyun smirked wider.

“That’s clever.” He said. “But I believe you won’t let me go, am I right?” Jonghyun snickered and Jiyong frowned.

“Obviously.” Jiyong said. “But I have a question first.”

“And what is that?” Jonghyun said. Jiyong took a deep breath and relaxed.

“Why?”

“Why? You’re asking why the world’s round or why am I here.” Jonghyun said with sarcasm. Jiyong raised an eyebrow and Jonghyun chuckled. “I am here to take what’s mine, of course.”

“Enlighten me.” Jiyong said and Jonghyun smiled, looking at the hallway that led towards Jiyong’s room.

“I would say I want Chaerin, but that time hasn’t yet come,” Jonghyun said and Jiyong narrowed his eyes. “What I want is that dagger you took with you. And the book.”

“Oh, that rubbish? Is not here, if that’s what you’re asking.”

“Come on Jiyong, you can lie better than that.” Jonghyun said smiling.

“Jacek, it is not here, and even if it was here, do you really think I’ll let you touch it?” Jiyong said. Jonghyun’s expression got dark, his black eyes glistening with the dim lights of the hallway.

“Jacek died, I’m Jonghyun.” He said. “Call me Jonghyun.”

“Yes, I forgot that my friend died and you took place. It was a terrible loss, really.” Jiyong said and Jonghyun grimaced.

“Don’t act like you actually cared, it’s not worth it.” Jonghyun said. Jiyong smirked as he felt the Guardians approaching.

“I cared, oh yes, I did cared.” Jiyong said. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. He looked to the hallway and glared at Jiyong.

“I think my time to leave has come. It was not a pleasure to meet you, Traven.” He said and ran into the shadows. Jiyong threw his dagger, and heard a whimper, but Jonghyun still left. The guardians reached Jiyong, and he scowled at them.

“Whatever the took you so long?!” He hissed at them. Youngbae stood in the front, looking around the place.

“Big house, where’s the Evildoer?” Youngbae said. Jiyong raised an eyebrow and walked towards his room. Youngbae followed him.

“It was a Darkling, Jonghyun. He came for the dagger, make sure it’s safe.” Jiyong said and Youngbae nodded, going towards the other direction. Seunghyun stood by Jiyong’s side, and he stopped to scowl at him. “Do you need anything?”

“Sir, I am–”

“Choi Seunghyun, I know who you are.” Jiyong said. “My question was, what do you want with me?” He hissed, and when Seunghyun was about to answer, Chaerin stormed out of Jiyong’s room. Jiyong widened his eyes at her.

“Who was it?!” She said, dagger in hand. Jiyong crooked his head, his eyes still wide as he looked at her, rage slowly rising.

“What are you doing here?” Jiyong hissed. Chaerin shrugged and looked at Seunghyun.

“I wanted to know everything was alright.” She said. Jiyong frowned, but before he could say anything else, they heard a mirror shattering and some grunts. Jiyong looked to the back, where Youngbae had gone. He turned to look at Chaerin, still frowning.

“Stay here.” He hissed. “Seunghyun, take care of her.” Jiyong said and ran towards the other hallway.

Chaerin looked at Jiyong leaving, and her lips pouted in a mischievous grin before looking at Seunghyun. “Does he think men can have all the fun?” She said and Seunghyun shrugged.

“I feel like no matter what I tell you, you will still go there.” Seunghyun said and Chaerin nodded. “Alright, let’s go.” He said and both of them started running after Jiyong.

They ran towards the hallway that led to the Antiques Room. She never dared to go in, feeling those treasures screamed at her. The first time she got in, she got attracted by a necklace, only to feel a shock run through her arms as she touched them. She never dared to ask why, and just ignored the fact, but now, she was slightly shaking in the inside.

Seunghyun walked in first, a dagger held tightly in hand as he looked around. He was taller than her, scratch that, taller than Jiyong, everyone was taller than her, so she had to crane her head slightly to the back to look at his face. He had a frown on his brows and his lips where slightly parted as he looked around. She peeked inside, and her heart constricted as she saw Jiyong flying to the back. Seunghyun pushed her back and ran inside, aiding Jiyong. He coughed and stood up, supporting himself with Seunghyun.

“You still came?” He hissed and Chaerin nodded, looking at him with fierce eyes. “God,”

“Ji, watch out!” Youngbae screamed and Jiyong jumped towards Chaerin, knocking her down as a ball of fire passed by them. She shrieked slightly as she looked at the charred wall. Jiyong cursed and stood up, dragging her with him. Seunghyun was already aiding Youngbae, but they seemed to be having a hard time trying to catch the person.

“What is that?!” Chaerin shrieked as she saw the shadows forming in the center of the room. It was big, almost reaching the ceiling as a pair of red eyes appeared, and another flame escaped its arms.

“That’s a Darkling, your dear Jonghyun.” Jiyong hissed as he created a ball of fire on his hands. Chaerin felt the energy draining as he created that strong blaze. He threw it towards the shadows, and Jonghyun screamed as he fell to the floor, panting. Chaerin held in her breath as Jiyong walked towards him. Youngbae already grabbed him by his neck and Seunghyun was pointing his dagger at his chest.

“We should kill him now.” Youngbae said, his dagger making its way towards Jonghyun’s neck. Jonghyun whimpered, but then smirked as he saw Chaerin. His eyes froze her, and she heard his breathing within her mind.

‘Come to me, help me.’ She blinked as she heard him. ‘Come.’ Without her realizing, her feet started moving on its own, dragging her towards Jonghyun. She tried to fight, to avoid getting closer, but Jonghyun was pulling her, and she couldn’t do nothing but to obey.

Jiyong's back was facing her, and she trembled when she realized her hand was slowly lifting her dagger, and Jonghyun smirked wider. “What are you smirking about, Darkling?” Jiyong hissed.

“By her own hand, it shall all end.” Jonghyun muttered. Chaerin fought as tears fell from her eyes, her hand getting closer to Jiyong’s back. She tried to scream, to talk, but nothing came. Jonghyun smirked wider.

Come. Kill him.’ He said again. She bit her lower lip as she fought against him. In her mind she could see him pulling her, and she fought as hard as she could, punching and kicking him. She threw her head back, and Jonghyun lost balance, and she punched his face and he let go.

“Jiyong!” She screamed as she fell on the floor. Jonghyun whimpered again, and now blood was running down his chin. Jiyong turned around, and his eyes widened in realization as he saw her gasping on the floor. Jonghyun took that slight distraction as an opportunity, and kicked Youngbae, who gasped and let him go. He turned again on a shadow, and flowed through the room until he reached Chaerin. Jiyong froze as he looked at her, and she begged for him to run away.

“Well done, my dear, next time, don’t fight it.” Jonghyun muttered on her ear and disappeared. She panted again as she fell flat on the floor, as she felt the strings being pulled away from her. Jiyong ran towards her and lifted her on his arms. She was trembling and panting on his arms as she felt her energies reducing significantly.

“Chaerin, can you hear me?” He murmured. Chaerin nodded slowly, her eyelids suddenly too heavy for her to keep her eyes open. “You’re going to be alright, stay with me.” He said and she felt him carrying her away. She saw the ceiling moving fast as he walked. Her head was feeling too heavy for her to carry it, and she let if fall back.

“Jiyong…” She murmured as she saw him going into his room. “I’m too weak…”

“I know babe, I know.” He said and she felt him resting her on a bed. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes, feeling too tired to even open them. She felt him touching her cheeks and lifting her face, then a kiss on her lips. She gasped on his mouth as she felt a shock running through her, almost too painful to bear. “!” Jiyong screamed as he pulled away. She fell back limply on bed, darkness slowly claiming her, but she fought, she fought with all her might.

Jiyong touched his lips as the electric current flowed around him. He tried to contain it, but it was draining him quickly. He cursed again as he grabbed her face and put his forehead with his. He imagined the water flowing through him until it reached her. She gasped again, and when he felt her moving, he kissed her again. She kissed him back, almost as the energy flowed rapidly through their veins.

To his surprise, she was the first to pull away, panting as she sat upright, seeking for something. “Where’s my dagger?” She said. Jiyong smiled and shrugged.

“I don’t know.” He said and she put a hand on her chest, sighing in relieve.

“That’s good.” She said. “He tried to make me kill you.”

“That’s not new.” He said. Youngbae stormed in, his face white in horror. Jiyong straightened up and looked at him with narrow eyes.

“Jonghyun retrieved the dagger.” He said. Jiyong felt anger and fear running through him.

“.” He murmured.

“What dagger?” Chaerin said. Jiyong let out a sigh and walked towards the door, putting a hand over Youngbae’s shoulder.

“Call them all, we’ll have an urgent meeting.” He said and Youngbae nodded, leaving the room. Jiyong turned towards Chaerin, who was looking at him with confused eyes.

“Dagger?” She said again and Jiyong let out a sigh, walking towards her. He sat on bed next to her and put his hands over hers. He felt comfortable touching her, more than that, he wanted to touch her always, feel her close, always knowing she was safe. He cursed himself hundreds of times, but he couldn’t stop it anymore, as much he tried, he was weak, like Youngbae had said.

“When we went out, Youngbae and I, I fell from a set of stairs, and fortunately, when I fell, found an Altar for summoning demons. We believe Bom, Alina, did it.”

“And the dagger?” Chaerin said. Jiyong nodded.

“The dagger’s a Black Caller, it is used to keep demons on earth and make them give you power. That’s why Jonghyun probably came in, he must be with Bom.” Jiyong said. Chaerin nodded in understanding.

“Is it bad if he retrieves it?” She asked and Jiyong nodded.

“Without the dagger, they can’t use the demon. With it, they can.” Jiyong said and Chaerin nodded.

“We should retrieve it.” She said. “Azazel, that demon’s powerful, I read about him. He’s as dangerous as his beauty tells.”

“*’The Devil is not as black as he is painted.’” He said. Chaerin nodded.

“Yes, I guess it’s not.” She said. Jiyong smiled and stood up, extending his hands towards her.

“Come, we have an urgent meeting.” He said and she smiled, grabbing his hand.

 


Gily's Notes:

* Quote from Dante's Divine Comedy. 

So how was that?! I think is going too fast... too packed with action haha!

Well I hope you enjoy this! I love this chapter!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥