Eternal Cycle

Reincarnation

Morning rose quickly, or at least, for someone who was lacking a good night sleep that was. Chaerin stirred on bed, her eyes swollen and sticky because of her night spent crying over something she didn’t know about. She put a hand on her forehead as she recalled the events of the night before. More accurate, the vision she had. Jiyong’s face, smiling at her with the purest feelings, then her own hands, filled with blood. She felt agony run through her body, a pain she had never felt before. She gasped as she sat up, feeling out of breath.

“Chaerin? What’s wrong?” Jonghyun said as he sat up next to her. She put a hand on her chest and took deep breaths. It wasn’t the first time they had slept together, but for some weird reasons, she felt uncomfortable for the first time.

‘Yet again, I find you in the arms of another man.’

“Nothing,” She panted as she stood from bed. “Just had a bad dream.” She said and walked towards the bathroom, not muttering another word. She looked at herself on the mirror, her blond hair turning black, then blond again. She opened the faucet and splashed water over her sweaty face. Her body still emanated the hotness it had, and she felt herself burning within. She looked at the mirror again, her wet face dripping water as she panted. “I have to find you.”

‘The wisest thing to do.’

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, then opened them again. She could never be alright with hearing him constantly in her mind. Her own privacy felt penetrated as he constantly whispered things on her ear. “Where can I find you?” She said as she looked at herself on the mirror. She thought she saw a smirk on her face, and in a blink of an eye, Jiyong’s face appeared on the mirror, looking at her with mischievous eyes.

‘You will know, soon.’

And then he disappeared, as if she had imagined it all. She heard knocks on the door, and she jumped from surprise, letting fall a knife she had on her hands. She looked at her hand, it was cut deeply on her palm. Tears fell from her eyes as she let the water run on her palm. What’s going on with me?!

“Chaerin? Are you alright?” Jonghyun’s voice said behind the door. Chaerin took a deep breath as she straightened herself, closing the faucet and holding a towel on her cut palm.

“Yes, I’m fine.” She called out.

“Are you sure? Do you want me to cook for you?” Jonghyun said. Chaerin bit her lip, afraid to even face him.

“N-No, I’m not hungry.” She said. She saw the shadows under the door retreating, and she let out a sigh as she dropped herself to the floor, sobbing quietly. Her mind wandered, and she thought of the day she saw him for the first time at the park. Her eyes lightened up as she realized one thing, he had disappeared and appeared again.

She ran out of the bathroom and into the living room, where Jonghyun was talking to someone on his phone. His face looked angry, his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes looking down. A hand balled into a fist as the other held the phone steady on his ear.

“Yes, I believe it’s true. If I see her around I will sure call you, thanks so much.” He said and hung the call, setting the phone carefully on the table. He looked at Chaerin, his jaw muscles tensing as he took deep breaths.

“Who was it?” Chaerin asked. Jonghyun looked at the phone, then back at her, involuntary movements of his hands and body told her he was pissed, more than pissed, angered by someone.

“It was the policed. They called saying you burned a nurse in the hospital, then escaped.” He said. Chaerin widened her eyes as she shook her head.

“I didn’t.” She said. Jonghyun nodded as he sat on his couch.

“I told them so. Told them it couldn’t be true, but they said they have a video that shows only you when the nurse was burned.” He said. Chaerin widened her eyes as hot tears threatening to fall.

“It wasn’t me. It was him.” She said. Jonghyun looked at her with worried eyes.

“There was no one else in the room, according to the police.” He said. Chaerin shook her head as tears fell through her cheeks.

“Are you going to believe them or me?” She sobbed. “Jonghyun, I didn’t do it. Asked them what I used? Nothing!”

“I don’t know what to believe anymore.” Jonghyun said, his hands were clasped together and his elbows rested on his knees. He looked down at his hands.

“Please don’t say that.” Chaerin said as she shook her head.

“It’s all my fault. I should’ve had known better.” Jonghyun said as he stood up, walking towards Chaerin. She looked at him as she cried, but her inner self told her to run, to escape here as well. An inner fight of how he was her best friend and he couldn’t possible harm her and the other on how he was still a human that didn’t understand her took over her. She bit her lips as she fought the urge to run away from that house.

“I’m not crazy.” She said again. Jonghyun shook his head and put his hands on her shoulders. She closed her eyes and sobbed. “I’m not crazy.” She said.

“It must be hard, having two jobs, one house to maintain. You have no one else but Dara and me.” Jonghyun said, his voice filled with sorrow. “Maybe you finally understand what happened to your family, or to mine.”

“No, don’t even dare to say it. I’m not mourning, and I’m not delusional Jonghyun, you have to believe me.” She said as she pushed him slightly away. He stood in front of her, his eyes watery.

“But I do believe you. I have always had, but Chaerin, you have to realize you’ve gone too far.” Jonghyun said. Chaerin shook her head as she looked down.

‘Now’s the time.’ She heard in her mind Jiyong’s rushed voice. She looked up, nothing was different, but Jiyong’s figure was close to the door, opening it for her. ‘Run!’

She didn’t hesitated and make a run for it. She passed the door and ran into the street. “Chaerin!” She heard Jonghyun’s voice. She looked back, and saw him stopped at the door. She squinted her eyes and saw Jiyong holding him back. She widened her eyes as she stopped abruptly. Her mind screaming at her that she should run and leave, but watching Jonghyun struggling to reach her killed her on the inside.

‘He will understand, now go!’

She nodded and ran away, leaving everything behind. She ran and ran until she reached the park that she had once seen Jiyong. Her own mind hoping for him to be there, but there was nothing more than a few couples around, a street man walking around and pigeons fighting for food. She let out a sigh as she walked into the park, looking around cautiously. She saw an empty bench, her trembling legs begged for her to sit there, but she was too scared to stay in one place for too long. Instead of sitting, she continued walking. She reached the end of the park, and just in the front, she saw the café she used to visit, where she saw him once buying some coffee. She walked towards it, but before she could cross the street, someone stopped her, holding her arm in place.

She gulped as she slowly turned around, only to find Jiyong there, smiling at her. Time stopped, and when she did looked at him, she heard a car honking from behind her. She jumped back as she saw the car speeding.

“I believe you need to have a bodyguard at all times.” Jiyong said. Chaerin put a hand on her chest as she panted, realizing what had just happened.

“Y-You save my life.” She said. Jiyong shrugged and nodded.

“Yeah, well, it was a pleasure.” He said. Chaerin nodded and looked back at the street, still not quite believe what had just happened. “Are you alright?” She looked back at him, her eyes wide with shock. She quickly shook her head as tears fell from her eyes.

“N-No, not quite alright.” She said as she involuntary started to sob silently. Jiyong lifted his hand, hesitated and put it back down. She put a hand on as she cried, controlling her body not to fall on the ground. Jiyong didn’t waited anymore and pulled her into a hug. She closed her eyes as she cried, feeling the familiar scent of him, feeling the protection of his arms. She was confused, completely desolated as she sobbed on his chest.

She felt him dragging her back into the park, she opened her eyes and saw him walking towards a bench, still hugging her. She let him, the feeling of security allowing her to trust him long enough to drag her back into the park. It was daylight, she thought, if he meant any harm to her, he wouldn’t do it when there were children running around. He sat her on one of the empty benches and sat next to her, still hugging her, rubbing her back as he made soothing sounds.

“It’s alright, everything will be alright.” He said on her ears. She nodded as the sobbing stopped, and just silent cries were escaping her soul.

“Thank you.” She murmured as she cleaned her eyes, though fresh tears still escaped her eyes.

“Can you tell me what happened?” He said. She looked at him with puppy wide eyes. It was weird for her to have him so close, yet knowing he didn’t have a thought about what was happening to her.

“It’s complicated.” She simply said. Jonghyun’s voice sounded on the back of her mind. She shook her head as she realized how right he had been. Of course she couldn’t just walk up to him and tell him how she had dreamed of him, how she had been having visions of him. She would definitely look delusional, and he would run and call the police and mental hospital.

“I’m quite good at complicated.” He said. Chaerin smiled at him. “At least I made you smile.” She looked down at her trembling hands and let out a sigh.

“I just have been having a rough few days.” She said. Jiyong nodded and put his hand on top of hers.

“We’ve all have had one of those, they’ll come around, and one day, you’ll remember them and smile, or maybe cry more, it all depends.” He said. Chaerin nodded as she looked at their hands. She could see a faint mark on his annular finger, a skin a shade lighter, saying he used to wear a ring on his hand. She looked back at him. His eyes looked calmed, serene, as if the ocean was proudly moving in them. She had remembered them darker, but now they looked the color of honey, reflecting everything that surrounded them.

“Yeah, I do hope I’ll smile.” She said. Jiyong nodded and put his hand back on his lap. “Can I ask you something?” She said. He looked at her with a curious pout. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw his face looking at her. So familiar, yet so new to her.

“Whatever you want.” He told her. She nodded and looked at her hands.

“Have you ever felt a Déjà vu before?” She said. He frowned and then crooked his head.

“What kind of Déjà vu?” He asked. She inhaled deeply and let out the air slowly.

“Like, if you’ve dreamed of something, then it appeared right before your eyes.” She said. He nodded and pouted.

“There’s no such thing as that Miss Lee,” He said.

“Chaerin.”

“Yes, Chaerin. Déjà vus are just memories of something we’ve lived. We feel the strange feeling of it when we live it again, remembering that something happened, yet we have no idea of what, but our brain remembers it.” He told her. She nodded.

“So, even if I see it in a dream, it could mean that my brain remembers it?” She asked, completely aware that her question made no sense, but he still nodded.

“Yes, out brain is something spectacular, I might add. It can hold so many memories. We can even feel events from our past lives, isn’t it impressive?” He said. She looked at him, his eyes looked amused, as if he enjoyed what he was saying, or more, what he was thinking.

“Past lives?” Chaerin said. Jiyong nodded again.

“Oh, yes. Do you believe in Reincarnation?” He asked her. She shook her head. He chuckled. “Don’t tell me you’re one of those people that truly believe we die and go to heaven?” He said and she shook her head again.

“I’m not the religious type, honestly.” She said. Jiyong nodded, a wicked smile plastered on his face.

“This isn’t about religions, is about reality. Life is an eternal cycle, we live and live. The cosmos allows us to live so many lives we can’t possibly think it’s gonna be over. A never ending cycle, for those who are lucky, at least.” He said with a shrug. Chaerin looked at him with narrow eyes.

“What about those who aren’t? Lucky I mean.” She said and Jiyong took a deep breath.

“They are doomed to watch everything from the same life.” He said and stood up. She looked at him with curious eyes as he walked away, leaving her alone in there. One thing was sure, he had manage to calm her beating heart, the burning of her body. She felt calmed, for the first time in a long time. A peace invading her completely, and it was weird that she hadn’t had any visions, or heard any voices during her time with him.

As he disappeared into the street, she continued to look at him, his slim figure, slightly toned, completely out of this time, yet so beautiful to be ignored. He was perfect in all details, with his long sleeved black shirt and his blue jeans, he looked simple, yet absolutely perfect. She had been hypnotized by him, completely mesmerized as she saw him walking away, and for a split of a second, she saw herself walking with him, hand in hand, her jet black hair to her hips as a black dress decorated her body. He was wearing a white loose shirt with tight pants, a perfect 19th century image, and she blinked, watching him walking alone, back in his present clothes.

I may be losing it already…

 


Gily's Notes: Confused much? Lol!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥