Chapter 23

My Man-hater Girl Friend

 

MinYoung had ree day to their apartment after her shift alone. She went to their room and got her clothes after that she went straight to the shower. After she had finished taking shower, the front door to their house opened

" Aiigggooo.. " this person exclaimed in tiredness. MinYoung forrowed her brows for a second, seconds after she ran to the living room and saw her mother there, doing some strechings.

" Eomma! " MinYoung ran up to her mother and hugged her.

" My dear... " her mother cooed and hugged her more tightly but not that tight that she can actually feel pain.

" Eomma, do you want to eat something?? I can make some food for you " MinYoung suggested

" N-No - need - to " her mother said in between her coughs. " Le-Let's s-sit I have something to say to you MinYoung-ah  "

MinYoung stared deeply in her mother's eyes that were full of doubts and uneasiness. * What is this all about * She thought to herself amd furrowed her brows. " Eomma.. If you don't want to. Don't.. " MinYoung hated it everytime people will look so unsure and doubtful or even uneasy

" No.. I-I need to say this already... But promise me you will try to understand and don't tell this to MinJi " This time, it's MinYoung's mother who stared onto her eyes. they stood there for about four minutes when MinYoung finally agreed.

" le-let's s-sit down "  Minyoung nodded as she agreed to her mother's request.

They once again stared at each other except this time her mother was getting teary 

" I-I don't know what to say... I'm sorry. I'm sorry " tears starts flowing from the elder's eyes as she continued apoplogizing for no reason. 

" Eomma.. Please stop-stop " MinYoung approached her mother and comforted her. Finally after she calmed down, they started talking again

" I'm sorry MinYoung-ah.. I shouldn't have smoked when your faher left us. I should have stopped but it was too late an-and- " MinYoung was taken aback to the confession of her mother

" E-Eomma... What are you trying to say?"

" Min please.. Please take good care of everything amd don't let anything happen to you and MinJi. Promise me that first " 

" I-I promise " MinYoung hesitately said

" I-I'm dying MinYoung-ah " after a long five minute, MinYoung's mother finally spoked up 

MinYoung was frozen in her place, not daring to move at all. Her eyes wide and her lips parted as she stared at her mother's eyes.

" Ya-yah.. Eomma. Don't joke around there " MinYoung uneasily laughed. " that caught me off guard " 

" MinYoung...i'm not joking. I'm having lung cancer and the doctors said that I should have went to them earlier and now my possibolity of living is at stake " MinYoung's mother tried to explain

" N-No!! That can't be! There have to be another way!! They can't just say that!! " MinYoung franticly said to her mother as tears startes flowing in both their eyes.

" MinYoung... Please. Please don't make this harder for me. MinJi needs you when I'm gone. ChanYeol, Kyungsoo, JongIn. They all need you when I'm not here anymore. Please start accepting the fact.. Please do. In that way, you'll get  used to me not returning home every again " 

" Eomma!! Please don't. What about me? Huh? I need Eomma!! You're the only one left for me and MinJi!! Please don't do this Eomma! " MinYoung sobbed violently as she hugged her mother.

" MinYoung.. You won't be alone. The persons who need you are also there for you. Kyungsoo's umma will take care of you two when I'm gone so please don't thnk I'll abandon you two just like that with nothing left behind "

" W-we will never think of you abondoning us. We-I just can't get it straight to me " MinYoung tried to calm down so she'll understand the situation more. Her mother scooted closer and hugged her and then kissed her forehead. 

" I love the both of you " She softly whispered

" I love you too eomma. And it I know MinJi too does. " MinYoung responded back with full of honesty and sincerity.

 

 

 

Two days had passed and MinJi already knew the situation. Even though she took it more frantically than MinYoung did, she finallyunderstand it when MinYoung explained it.

" You two looked so distant today. Did something happened in the weekends? " ChanYeol snapped MinYoung and MinJi back to their senses from staring at nothing.

" N-Nothing happened " they were in the school fields during lunch, eating their food there without disturbamces from the fangirls of the fours boys. MinJi's eyes were already teary when she snapped back to her senses.

" MinJi are you okay? " the concered JongIn asked as he rubbed away the tears that are threatening to fall anytime now. 

" I-I ca-can't " She stood up and ran away. Kai's eyes widened and tried to process everything that happened. He quickly stood up and ran after MinJi

The others who were left behind remained quiet as they feel the at atmosphere.

" E-eomma is.. Diagnosed with Lung Cancer " MinYoung finally spoke up after a very uneasy silence. Kyungsoo eyes widened while the other two looked very concerned for MinYoung. 

" W-Will you be alright? " Baekhyun asked as he patted the back of the already sobbing MinYoung. She simply nodded

" I've gone through this and I told myself that I will manage for me and MinJi " She answered agin but much more firmly

" MinYoung, we are here for you. " ChanYeol said sincerely. Kyungsoo took a deep breathe and nodded in agreement.

" Well the truth have t be out now or never right? " Baekhyun said unknowingly that this will only cause MinYoung to think about possibilities if her mother did not tell her the truth,


 

Author's Note: hey >_< I'm getting the hang on how to edit or style fics already. And the BTS fic. I can't choose whom to use. My plans is between JungKook or Taehyung. So comment for suggestion? :D anyway thanks for the 30+ subbies!