I Love You Too

One Shot: Loving Kang Gary

 
The digital alarm clock went off at 4.00am.  Jihyo on the left side of the bed got up and leaned over to the right side to press the snooze button. Instead of going back to her previous position she stopped half way and landed on the man beside her. She is still sleepy. The man automatically embrace her and continued to sleep. After 10 minutes the alarm goes off again. This time she shook the body beside her. “Oppa.. wake up. We’ll be late”. She continued to sleep.
 
Gary waking up from his slumber. He glanced towards the alarm clock. They have 50 minutes to get ready. “Baby, wake up.. we only have 50 minutes” He started moving from under her to get out of bed. He walked into the walk-in closet to find the clothes to wear. They had all agreed in the group chat it’ll be black and white. He picked up his black Halyang t-shirt and black shorts. he opened up the wardrobe in front to search for Jihyo’s clothes.
 
“Jihyo…” he called out loud enough for her to hear. “What are you wearing today?” She got up, rubbing her eyes, walked up to him. Still sleepy she back-hugged him, laid her head on his back trying to stay awake. “You choose.. I can’t open my eyes”
“I am wearing all black..”
“But they said black AND white, oppa”
“Why don’t you wear all white… Together we are black and white”
She giggled in her sleepiness. “OK oppa, just choose something comfy for me.. I’ll sleep for a bit while you shower” she walked back to the bed and dozed off.
 
Gary took a quick shower and straight away woke her up when he’s done. “Baby… wake up…” he said softly. “Oppa, can you please shower me… I just want to sleep” He pulled her up from the bed, forcing her to stand and wake up.  He pulled her to the shower, turn it on. and spray it on her. “Oppaaaa!!!!!!” she shrieked.  He had a good time laughing at her. “Now that you’re up, shower quickly.  I’ll go make coffee. Your clothes are on the bed ok”
 
He left her in the shower and headed to the kitchen to make coffee and toast. “This is too light.. Jihyo eats heavy breakfast” He talked to himself.  He looked at his watch, 20 minutes. He opened the fridge for eggs and cheese. In 5 minutes, he had scrambled egg set on the table with toast, coffee and cheese. He went to the shoe shelves near the door to pick out shoes to wear. Picked out the most comfortable black shoes for him and search for Jihyo’s white shoes.. he remembered her complaining the white shoes are not comfortable after a few hours so he puts it back. And took a beige colored sneakers. Took socks from the drawer and placed both shoes in front of the bench near the door.  Jihyo walked out just as he was heading to the room to call her.
 
“Did you cook?? you’re the best!” she hugged him while walking to the kitchen.
“I made scrambled egg.. We’re going to be at the airport for a few hours, you’ll be hungry” He poured coffee for both of them. “Quickly eat, we only have 15 minutes”  Gary is always the thoughtful one.  He would wake up early to prepare things for her if she has early schedule.  He knows she would prefer to sleep and miss breakfast, given the choice.  She stood up to lean in towards him and give him a peck on the lips before sitting down to eat. “You’re the best !”
 
She washed the dishes while he checked both his and her backpacks. Passport, wallet, water, snacks, energy bar, phone, sunglasses, checked! He went thru her bag with the same list plus her make-up pouch, mirror, face spray, lip balm, sun block, checked.
He took both passports and keep it his backpack so she doesn’t have to search through her backpack later. He always has things organized. He knows she has a busy schedule, he tried to make things as easy for her as possible.
 
“Done oppa! I have everything right?” She saw him checking her backpack. 
“With me around, you can fire one of your assistants.” she laughed at that.  He always thought she doesn’t need that many assistants since she’s just a simple woman that doesn’t require much like other female celebrities.
 
Jihyo had already worn her shoes.  Gary sit on the small bench. “Baby~ can you please put on my socks?”
“You’ve been doing so many things just now without me helping.. and now, you can’t put on your own socks?” she was nagging while putting on his socks. “It’s your fault.  You wanted me to have this tummy.  I can’t bend down for long” “Hahaha! Don’t you dare lose that tummy!”
 
She opened the door to go out. Suddenly Gary pulled her back inside and shut the door. “I need my kiss” they kissed until his phone rang.  His manager is waiting in the basement. “Today will be a long day.  Don’t miss me too much.  Stay close to Kwangsoo ok” He gave her a hug, one last kiss, opened the door and pulled her out of the penthouse to the lift.
……
The flight’s business class was blocked for the Running Man team.  They had strict rules that cabin crews are not allowed to take pictures of them. Just in case, Jihyo and Kwangsoo sit in the 2nd row while Gary and HaHa in the row behind them.  Jihyo told HaHa to swap seats with her once the seatbelt sign was off.  At least they can be close for the rest of the flight. Although on the show Gary is seen to be obsessed with her, in real life, she is more obsessed with him than he is with her.  She will find ways to stay close to him. He doesn’t mind that.  He loves that.  “Want to listen to what I’m hearing while you sleep?” he asked.  She nodded and he put one of his earphones in her left ear. “Oppa, can we hold hands while we sleep?” Gary looked around to make sure no one is watching. He reached towards her seat and held her hand. He leaned towards her and kissed her on the lips. “Sleep now, you need all the energy later.” he whispered.  He covers his hand with the blanket and goes to sleep.  Business class seats have a big console in between.  He’d prefer the moveable armrest of the economy seat so she can sleep on his chest.  “Money buys you the best seat, but not the best experience” he thought.
…..
Jihyo woke up 3 hours later to find Gary still holding her hand in his sleep.  She put his hand back to his lap, leaned towards his seat to kiss him awake. He wakes up easily, with a smile. He is used to waking up that way. Suddenly he felt the stiffness in his right shoulder and his left hand reached out to massage the stiffness away. Jihyo saw that. “Oppa, you should have moved your hand when I slept” She helped him massage it. “I didn’t want to wake you up. Besides I was asleep as soon as you did” He knew she had slept when her hold on his hand loosen up.   He didn't want to let go.
 
“Miss, Sir, what would you like for lunch?” Gary took the menu from the seat pocket and looked at it together with Jihyo. “Shrimps for me and beef for her please, thank you” He speaks better English. She nodded in agreement.  He orders her food often.  She’d change the order if she wanted something else.  Normally she’d just eat whatever he chooses. The stewardess smiled watching the sweet couple. She wished she can capture that moment.  She’s signed a special term contract for this flight. She’ll have to keep it to herself.
 
Kwangsoo and HaHa were up and picking on them feeding each other their food. “Yaaa! Go get a girlfriend!”  She returned it to Kwangsoo.  Gary can’t help but laughed at it. Kwangsoo was quiet making a pitiful face. “Jihyo ya… Be nice to Kwangsoo, He is going to walk with you later.”  Gary rarely picks on Kwangsoo.  He has been a great friend and always ready to help.  He is also the one Gary trusted to take care of her when he can’t.  Kwangsoo lit up “Yes, you should be nice to me. Or you walk alone at the airport later” Now he has the upper hand.  It is a normal scene between Kwangsoo and Jihyo. They’re like real siblings, always picking on each other but never take it to heart.  The next minute they’d be nice to each other. Gary will always be on his side. She can never win with Kwangsoo if Gary’s there. She glared at Kwangsoo. “Fine!” She picked up a piece of apple from her plate and shoved it into Kwangsoo’s mouth and laughed. “He munched on it and swallowed “That was sweet. Thank you, Noona!” he winked at her and sat in his seat. Gary and HaHa were laughing out loud at that.
She stood up, picked the pudding from Gary’s plate and handed it to Kwangsoo. “Kwangsoo yaaa~ I’m sorry”  He pretended to look out the window but his hand was reaching out for the pudding. “Ya! You are supposed to be angry with her! Have some control!” HaHa laughed at him. Jihyo laughed and sit down, knowing kwangsoo had taken her peace offering. “Yaaaa” She heard Gary and turned to look at him.  He was staring at her. She burst out laughing while holding his face, knowing the reason. She stood up, went to the front and came back. “Here’s your pudding. This is more special because I am serving it to you” She said sweetly. He laughed out. “Oh My God, you can get away with anything… I mean anything at all!” She smiled, holding a spoonful of pudding in front of him.
“Pudding never tasted so sweet!”
 ……..
The Captain voice calls out through the speaker for the cabin crews to be ready for landing. Jihyo leaned over and kissed him. “Don’t miss me too much”.  He caressed her soft cheeks. “I can’t help it. I miss you all the time… Make sure you miss me ok” he whispered.
…..
Back at the hotel, the assistants have checked in for them. As usual Gary always upgrades his room to a suite, on the same floor. He wouldn’t mind if it’s just for him.  But since he’s with jihyo, he doesn’t mind spending for her comfort.  And the other members would normally hangout in his room, so a separate living area will serve that purpose and she’d have the room to rest if she’s tired.  Her assistant gets the room to herself every time they shoot overnight. She had to have a room to go back to just in case they have a waking up scene.  
 They went up to their rooms to freshen up, promising to gather in Gary’s room in an hour to order dinner and hangout. Gary went to the bed and throw himself on the bed, spread out his hands to stretch and enjoy the comfort. Jihyo took off her shoes and went into the bedroom. “aiiissyy.. can’t you take off your shoes first?” she complained. “I am so tired baby, can you please do it for me?” he was whining like a baby. He looks tired.  She took off his shoes and socks and went into the bathroom to fill up the Jacuzzi. Took the bath salt and pour it in.
She pulled him off the bed. “Oppa, the bath is ready, you bathe first. I’ll unpack your clothes.” He is too tired to object.  He walked lazily to the bathroom. After 10 minutes he was dozing off in the Jacuzzi. Jihyo too the washing cloth and washed him. “I wish you’d bathe me like this every day” he said in his sleepiness but he was already grabbing Jihyo into the tub.
……..
Gary opened the door.  Dressed in sleeping shorts and plain white T-shirt. They’re all outside. On time. “What took you so long? We’re hungry!” Jaesuk complained going thru the door. “Do you even have to ask that, hyung?” HaHa said cheekily. “No, hyung… I just finished bathing. I was putting my clothes on” He pushed HaHa on his shoulder.
Jaesuk went to the phone and picked it up for room service “Hurry, what do you want to eat?” He ordered for all of them.
 
“Where’s my noona?” Kwangsoo asked him. “She’s bathing inside.  You miss her already? Haha”
15 minutes later Jihyo walked out in her shorts and white tshirt.  Automatically placed herself between Gary and Kwangsoo, leaned her body towards Gary and Gary naturally had his arms around her waist, inhaling the smell of her hair. “Among us all, you two enjoy overseas trip the most! You’re always like you’re on your honeymoon!” Sukjin was envious of them. “I should bring my wife!”
 

Jongkook was busy taking a selfie with HaHa to send to their best friend, Tiny in the USA. Jaesuk suddenly asked “Jihyo ya, your contract ends tomorrow. What are you going to do…” he spread his arms out to refer to both of them “..with this?” Gary looked at her too.

“I am going to be free after all, this is the time I show it to them,” She is happy that she’s going to be free. “So I don’t have to cover for you anymore right?” Kwangsoo is happy too.  He doesn’t mind helping out but lately it has become more stressful because Jihyo herself tend to be too obvious.  He had to look out for both of them instead of just Gary. “I now release you from that duty~” she spoke majestically. “No!” Gary cut in. “You can’t do that.  Kwangsoo, you still have to cover.  It’s not good to make it too obvious. Let’s take it slow.”  Jihyo was somehow surprised and offended with Gary’s words. She didn’t object it.  She’ll deal with it when they’re alone. “I was just going to celebrate my freedom..” he sighed. Jongkook noticed the change on Jihyo’s face. He changed the topic.

….

When they have all returned to their respective rooms, Gary went in to lie on the bed, feeling very tired.  Jihyo sat on the edge of the bed near his hip. “Oppa…” she called out shakily.  Gary noticed instantly that was a different tone. He opened his eyes to look at her and sit up. She doesn’t look good. He took her hand in his. “Hey, what’s wrong? You were OK just now” He is confused.

“Why did you ask kwangsoo to cover up still? I am going to be free.. Nobody is going to sue me if we are out in the open” She asked, her voice still  shaky. “That has been bothering you since I said that??” he was surprised he didn’t notice that. “I didn’t want to talk about it in front of them.” He saw that she was sad by his action. He pulled her close for a hug.  She hugged him back for comfort. “I didn’t want it too be so drastic. People will say you have been lying to them all this while if you suddenly come out. Your company will not be happy about it when people find out they were the ones causing you to lie” He whispered softly. “You know how bad I want people to know about us. But if it ruins your credibility, I would not do it. Don’t rush things.  We’ll take it slow, people wouldn’t be too fast to judge if they are given time to digest this.”  She hugged him tightly. “Thank you, oppa”

He leaned back to look at her, lifter her chin up, planted a kiss on her cheek. “Why are you so sensitive these days?” he asked affectionately. “I don’t know. I am sensitive when it comes to you. I am not sure of how you would be when it’s no more a secret. You get bored easily, when it’s all plain and obvious, wouldn’t it bore you?” He laughed. “Trust me, there is nothing plain about you. I’ve been obsessed with you for the past four years.  Remember, I lost you once and how it affected me?” She nodded her head. “Do you think I can handle it a second time?” He waited for her to think about it. She looked into his eyes and saw that pain. She reached out her hand to his cheek and caresses it lovingly. “No, I don’t think you can handle it. I’m sorry”.  She was sorry.

“So we’re done talking?” she nodded. He moved aside and pulled her to lie with him underneath the blanket. “Let’s sleep now.  We have a long day tomorrow.” She looked up from his chest and he looked down into her eyes. She reached up to bring him closer for a kiss. A slow relaxing kiss. “Good night, love” she kissed him one last time before laying her head back on his chest. “Sleep tight, baby” he pulled her closer.

…..

Gary was massaging his right shoulder after he put on his T-shirt.  Jihyo watching him from the bed, noticed that and went to him. “what’s wrong oppa?” She replaced his hand to massage it for him. “It’s stiff. Just a discomfort.”  She remembered him sleeping awkwardly in the flight yesterday because he was reaching out to hold her hand. “My baby is hurt~” she baby talked him. He turned around and gather her in his arms. “It’s nothing much, I can still carry you..” He picked her up and threw her on the bed. “Oppa! I haven’t showered, we don’t have time!” He didn’t care “Shower later..”

….

They filmed from noon until evening. In the evening they had the football match.  Jihyo stayed close to him, worried that his shoulder is causing him discomfort. Kwangsoo assume his position close to them as Gary told him.  They sat at the side of the field.  Watching the game.  Jihyo knowing the PD will cut out the scenes later, reached out to his back to massage the stiff shoulder blade while they seat. He continued looking ahead focusing on the game. It is natural of Jihyo to touch him. He knew besides wanting to help him ease the discomfort, she wanted to show off a little affection for him to the crowd too. He let it happen.

During warm up, he noticed she could not let him out of her sight, she was worried he would injure himself with that stiff shoulder. Once she saw him sitting on the field. She didn’t go instantly. She pretended to be walking in his direction and stopped at his side to ask what’s wrong. “Just resting for a bit. I am tired.” She got up but would not walk away.  So she did her stretching next to him just to make sure he is alright.

She was constantly watching him, worried.  He decided to be playful. And danced in front of her. She automatically shook her head with him but realized people are watching and turned away to tell him to stop it.  Before he went in to the field, he was stretching and she was acting like his manager, helping him stretch and listening to the coach’s instruction on his behalf. He was stretching in front of her and listening to her relaying the coach’s instructions to him.  “Careful oppa, watchd the shoulder.” He had his serious face on. “Ok, baby” and went in.  She was cheering for him from the side. She was so into the game because her man was playing. When he came out, he was tired. He touched her hand and sit, receiving a massage from her.  “People are watching, dear” he reminded her “So? There’s nothing wrong massaging a member that got out of the field. I did that to kwangsoo before.” She continued.  Kwangsoo pretended not to hear anything, ignoring them most of the time to not be too obvious. “OK, but not too long ok. I am OK.  You’re making me look weak” She laughed silently and massage for a little bit more.

They all got out of the lift, their rooms at the end of wing.  “Oppa, can you please carry me” Kwangsoo looked at her and feigned being annoyed “ayyyy! It’s just a short walk, stop being a baby!” Gary is already bending down for her to climb on his back. Sukjin and Jaesuk shaking their heads looking at how obedient Gary was to her. “Hey, you are spoiling her. She can run all over the field and suddenly she can’t walk to the room??” Jongkook added annoyed that Gary is spoiling her too much.

“Hyung, she is not tired.  She is like this when it’s near bedtime.” He joked. “Yaaa!” she shook him. “Ok ok… Hyung! Why are you upset when I am the one carrying her??” he blamed them instead. Jihyo was giggling and hugging him close. They all simultaneously said “ayyyyyy!!!!”

“Just go to your room quickly! I’m going to throw up soon” Jongkook pushed them ahead. Gary walked on. He shouted out “Good night everybody, have fun sleeping alone!” and shut the door.  He carried her to the bed and bend backwards to put her down. He automatically massage his right shoulder.  Jihyo forgot about his shoulder. “Oppa! Why did you carry me??? Your shoulder is hurt!” He turned to her “My shoulder hurts since this morning, you knew better. You asked me to carry you.”

She kneeled on the bed facing him. “Sorry, oppa. I forgot.” She kneaded his shoulder. “Why don’t you go shower, I’ll massage you afterwards” He pulled her with him. “Why are you pulling me with you??”

“Because you caused my shoulder to hurt and I can’t reach to wash my back. You have to do it!”

…..

Filming continued the next morning.  Gary’s shoulder is still stiff. In the MPV, Jihyo constantly kneads it to make it better. “You can stop… it’s ok. “ He whispered. He reclined his seat and pulled her close to his chest. “You rest now, you’re tired.” Everybody else in front of them is already asleep. She kissed his chin and whispered “I love you too”.  He smiled at that.  When she says that, he knew she meant to thank him. He used to ask her why she says “I love you too” when he hadn’t said "I love you” to her.  She said the things he did for her is like telling her he loves her so she would say “I love you too”. He thinks that makes her cute. Different from any other girl he had met.

The traffic in Jakarta was a blessing to them. They managed to nap for 2 hours before reaching the restaurant for dinner.  Dinner was good. They enjoyed their last moments in Jakarta. Jihyo had always enjoyed filming overseas.. She is more free outside. Less people to watch over her and more security to keep things secret. He watched her sitting in front of him, talking animatedly with the others. He was taking in the beauty and felt proud to have her by his side.   HaHa nudged him and whispered “Hyung, I never thought you could love someone so much after that girl”. Gary still watching her answered “I didn’t know either.  I have never loved this deep, even before this.  I owe this to you. Thank you for helping me get her back” He turned and smiled a sincere smile. “Losing Jihyo wasn’t so bad after all right?” It suddenly turned into a brotherly talk. “Losing her was the best thing that happened to me”.  Jihyo heard the last few sentence as she walked to sit next to him.

…..

Jihyo watched the Jakarta sky, saying goodbye to a place that gives her great memories. She turned and saw Gary staring at her. It was dim in the flight for the take off but he had his elbows on the middle console between their flatbed seats. She moved close to him. “Why are you staring at me, oppa?” She whispered really softly as others are already asleep the moment they sit. They were face to face, inches away. “because you’re beautiful” he touched a finger from her forehead to the tip of her nose. “I heard you talking to HaHa.. You said losing me was the best thing that happened to you. Why is that?”

“Because if I didn’t lose you, I would not have become what I am today.  I would have remained the selfish guy that hurts you over and over again.” He touched her face, his thumb moving lightly on her lips. “Thank you for breaking up with me” She saw him smile in the dim light. “Thank you for coming back for me.” She moved in to kiss him. “Now, sleep oppa, You need the rest. You have a meeting tomorrow morning.”

His deep voice speaking her words, “I love you too”