007.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

007.

 

 

(A year later)

 

It’s a good 7AM on Sunday morning and Yura’s already in the kitchen preparing Sora’s favorite breakfast–green tea waffle, one of her signature dish. It’s been long since the last time she prepared breakfast for her. She’s been so busy working on her final essay and all the researches she needed to do. She rarely spent much time with Sora like they usually do and she felt so bad for it. She’s just plain lucky that her daughter could be so much considerate and understanding at her young age.

Sora was playing with her dollhouse in the living room while watching her favorite cartoon. While waiting for the waffle to cook, Yura leaned her upper body to the counter–watching her growing little princess leisurely. It felt just like yesterday–the first time she arrived in this universe. She could remember clearly the way Sora cried and how her adorable voice made her forget all the pain she’d just gone through, the way her eyes sparkled as if it’s the most lustrous thing in world, and also when the nurse placed her little fragile body on her arms for the first time. Yura still could feel it–the way their skins brushed for the first time. Sora really is her first love and will always be her first and last love.

Suddenly, there’s a sound of door cracking open. She smiled as she bid her daughter to welcome the visitor. “Honey, appa is here.”

Without her knowing, Sora’s already running excitedly to the entrance door. She chuckled as she quickly took out the cooked waffle and piled it up neatly on a big plate.

Sora came back inside on the arms of their daily visitor while happily sniffing on his collarbones. It’s already become her habit to sniff on the closed ones’ collarbones ever since she was still a baby.

He placed her down on the stool and stared greedily at the plate without taking his arms off of her. “Whoa~ honey, doesn’t it smell so good?” he asked Sora and she quickly gave him an excited nods as her eyes widened from the sudden hunger.

Yura smiled sheepishly and pushed the plate toward them. She took out two empty plates along with the knife and the fork and placed various kinds of toppings such as jams, fresh fruits, sprinkles, and syrups for them to choose.

“Candy, you need to eat well so that Kris-appa won’t feel troublesome. Understand?” she poked her little nose before turning back to the sink.

Kris? It’s Wu Yi Fan–the former member of EXO.

No. He’s not her father, of course. That’s clear.

And no, they’re not dating.

Yura accidentally met him in Shanghai when she went there for a short vacation with Sora and her sister probably a year ago. She was at a hospital to visit her soon-to-be brother-in-law’s sick grandfather. He was the one who greeted her first to ask if she was the person who caused chaos at the SM Building and ended up staying all night long with them. She admitted it and that was the first time she found out that he’s no longer a member of EXO. She pitied him for being bashed and judged by so many people when in fact he really is sick and it’s quiet a serious disease. She’s a medical student and of course she knew that his condition was rather dangerous for him to continue his life as an idol. Thank God, from the years of intense therapy and a whole lot more time to rest, he's doing even more better and had begun to build his career back.

They became good friends after the unexpected encounter. They would often keep in touch and even got more even closer after he decided to move to Seoul and start his new career as an actor. Just like destiny, they happened to live at the same apartment building and his unit is only two floors higher than hers. Thenceforth, she would often ask his help to take care of Sora. It was out of her expectation but Sora managed to get close with him only within a week. He’d always voluntarily pick Sora up from her school, take her to stroll around the town, and take care of every little thing about her daughter whenever Yura has assignments or when she needs to go out. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter