018.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

018.

 

 

“One two! One two! One two!” Kris jogged along the track with Sora riding on his back. She giggled from the excitement as they both created a great sight for the people around by wearing twins Nike green neon tracksuits. Olders who happened to walk pass by them must’ve thought them as a father and daughter unless they knew who he is.

“Appa! It’s so exciting!” she placed her chin on his shoulder and yelled on his ear.

“Ouch princess, you hurt my ear!” he pretended to frown and scrunched his nose in pain, “Now heal it.”

Sora chuckled and planted few pecks on his earlobe. He wriggled from the tickles but he felt pleased for her action, “Now it’s better.”

They continued to jog around for another twenty minutes until they ended up settling on a food stall nearby. Kris sat her on the high stool first before he ordered kimbab for them.

“I’m so so so tired~” Sora wiped the imaginary sweat on her forehead for the fact that she didn’t even run a centimeter and rode on Kris’s back instead.

Kris furrowed his brows and put down his ionic drink, “I thought you’re riding on my back and not running at all.”

“Still Appa, the sun is so hot,” she rolled her eyes sassily and sipped on her fruit punch.

*So much like Sehun* Kris chuckled to himself and let it passed.

The food came after five minutes waiting and just like usual, Kris took care of Sora’s first before himself. He cut the kimbab into smaller pieces for her and made sure it’s okay for her to eat before he ate.

“Am I feeding you or are you going to eat by yourself?” he asked while wiping the sesame seed sticking on her lips.

Instead of answering, Sora poked a piece of kimbab from Kris’s plate and directed it into his mouth. “Today, Sora is feeding Appa!”

“But Sora will be hungry if you feed me,” he responded and his heart’s softened at her thought. He always loves the feeling of being taken care by Sora They might not knotted in blood but he swears by everything that he already thinks of her as his own daughter and that no matter what happen in future, if he’s allowed, he wanted to keep on treating her like a daughter.

“Don’t worry Appa. I will feed you first and I will feed my self! So after you eat this, I will poke the food and feed my self and I will feed you again so that way we will eat together at the same time!” she actually wanted to say ‘I will feed both of us in turn’ but her still lack vocabularies made her twisted her own tongue.

Kris just smiled and agreed at her offer–enjoying the butterflies flying on his stomach. He never wants to lose the little girl and also her mother, but the fact is that his own close person is the actual father who’s responsible for them and he has to give them away for Sehun someday. He feels somehow hurt but he’s actually happy for them and he would be willing to do anything just to put the three of them in one word someday: family.

He gleefully opened his mouth and munched the kimbab tastefully. It was just a simple rice roll filled with ham, pickle, eggs, and cucumber but it tasted delicious for Sora’s the one who fed him and breakfast just never tasted that good.

They finished their quick breakfast and headed back to Kris’s place. He carried Sora on his arms as he punched his passcode before the door cracked open. He slid Sora off of his arms and untied her shoelaces before he did his own shoes. Sora automatically made her way to Kris’s room and climbed laboriously onto Kris’s bed. She snuggled her little figure to the pillows and bolsters piles and slipped her legs and arms to the cold slot.

“Sora-ah~” Kris’s deep voice stopped her from snuggling and sniffing the pillows sheet, “You don’t climb on my bed without washing up first,” he continued as he stormed to the bed and playfully lifted the girl away from the bed. He brought her over the bathroom and stood her on the bathtub.

It’s not that he disliked it. He’s fine with whatever she wants to do but he knew that Yura hates it when her daughter doesn’t clean up. As much as he wanted to break her free from her mother’s strictness of cleanness, he knew he couldn’t mess up the thing Yura had embed on her only one daughter.

“Now raise your hand up. Up~!!!” he merrily added a tone to the word up and raised his own hand to gestured her.

He took a basket filled with Sora’s complete shower equipment. Sora loves taking shower in her his place because he has about six scented soaps with different smells she could choose including shampoos, toothpastes and lotions–it’s just his little trick to keep her excited for shower.

“I prefer you to go all strawberry today,” he said while holding up a cute pink transparent bottle with pink gel soap inside.

“Hmmmm,” she broadened her eyes and scanned through the bottles inside the big basket. “Appa! I want to smell like orange today!”

“You sure you don’t want strawberry?” he raised his brows teasingly.

“Yes yes yes yes yes!” she gritted her teeth–could no longer wait to meet the orange gel soap, orange shampoo, orange bubble bath, orange-tasted toothpaste, and orange lotion.

After she behaved well through the bathing process, Kris gave her twenty minutes chance to have bubble bath as reward. He filled the bathtub with warm water and poured the bubble soap. He pulled a stool near him and sat beside the tub–keeping his eyes on the squealing toddler and his lips shaped crescent.

“Appa,” she stopped blowing the bubbles and turned around to him–face all serious after she remembered something.

“Yes honey?”

“I’m having too much fun that I forget about mommy,” she gasped in shock, “Is she really not going to blow up when she wakes up? I’m scared.”

Kris chuckled and played with the bubble as he playfully blew it to her. “Mommy will be mad at us,” he paused before he looked down to the bubbly water, “But don’t worry, daddy is there with her so he’ll soothe her down, maybe he’ll use your toys and candies as bribe.”

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter