023.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

023.

 

 

“Appa!” Sora ran with all her might the moment she saw Kris’s figure standing right in front of her class. She hadn’t met him for almost two weeks as he was out of the country for filming. She had been missing him a lot that she would always whine over an airplane ticket to Shanghai almost every night either to her mother or her father. Good thing that Yura is a good mother who knows how to control her daughter, not like the fool father who even said yes when Sora asked him for a pink Bentley she saw on TV.

Kris smiled and squatted down to welcome the little fairy onto his arms. Just like how bad she’d missed him, he missed her just the same. He called Yura every night to make sure that everything was okay but too bad the time difference made him impossible to talk with Sora. When he called, Sora had always fallen asleep already.

He wrapped his arms around her gently and carried her up onto his arms, planting cherry pecks all over her cheeks. “Are you behaving nicely when Appa wasn’t here? Did you eat well? Did you sleep well?”

With excited nods and gleeful grin, she nodded her head enthusiastically as she tightened her grip on his nape. “Of course I’m behaving very well, Appa! We had a pinkie promise, right~?”

“That’s my girl,” he said with approval nods and began to walk toward the car.

He sat her at the passenger seat and put on her seatbelt for her before he brought her plushy backpack on the backseat and went to the driver seat. They started to drive off her kindergarten and went directly to the apartment.

When they arrived at Yura’s apartment unit floor, he punched the codes on the door and opened it. He untied Sora’s shoelaces first before he let her ran inside and put her shoes on the shoe rack first. He then walked outside with a glad smile on his face for finally meeting Yura after two tormenting weeks.

“Did you finish your brunch honey?” Yura bent down to reach Sora’s head level and patted her daughter’s head lovingly.

“Of course mom! Look! Look!” she said as she dug her lunch box on her bag and showed it to her mother. Yura nodded in approval and planted a kiss on her forehead for reward. Kris smiled upon seeing the familiar sight and crossed his arms as he enjoyed the simple yet heartwarming scene next to him.

“Where’s Appa?” Yura asked Sora but before Sora could answer, Kris immediately opened his mouth to answer the question himself. “You miss me that much?” he playfully asked and wriggled his brows funnily.

“No, I just want to thank you for picking her up,” with her typical joking tone, she crossed her arms and threw him a sassy stare for the fact that she missed him a lot. Kris chuckled and loosened his arms before he walked over her and pulled her for a hug. He hugged her tightly and she simply hugged him back.

“Don’t work overseas for more than a week ever again, okay?” she said as she closed her eyes and inhaled his familiar scent.

Kris smiled gently and hoped that she wouldn’t be able to hear his heartbeat that was beating crazily. “I miss you and Sora a lot,” he said before he planted a kiss on the top of her head.

It’s no longer a rare thing for them to hug since they had been together for pretty long. They’re nothing in boundaries but they have been on each other sides for a long time. Kris was there through the thick and thin and he still is. She had no reason to hate him that she even planned to force her self to love him, and now that she thought she’d started to love him little by little, Sehun swam into her life. But of course, she wouldn’t let him in just like that. She knew it too well that Kris is the right person for the picture, not Sehun.

Yura let go of the hug first and stared into his eyes with a relieved smile on her lips. She couldn’t lie that it was a huge deal of happiness to get to see him after two weeks. “Have you eat? I just cooked lunch,” she said.

“I haven’t. Let’s eat!”

They now sat on the dining table with the three of them just like a happy little family. Sora kept on mumbling from her baby chair as she munched on her pasta while Yura and Kris paid 100% attention to her gibberish talks. She went from describing her blue colored mountains drawing to her chair mate who couldn’t stop talking about Lotso bear.

When Sora finished her food, she whimpered to watch cartoon in the living room. Kris carried her to the living room and went back immediately to finish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter