019.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

019.

 

 

They said God wouldn’t put you through difficulties out of our ability and Yura always believed in that. She was in a huge concern the first time she found out about her pregnancy. How could she go through the tough, harsh medical school while carrying a bump on her and worse, raising the baby at the same time? She had thought much times about quitting to choose easier and shorther path than being a doctor. But in the end, it was the unconditional supports and helping hands that sent her to the finish line. She finally got to finish her final thesis in less than a month and graduated after delaying it for almost a year and a half. She couldn’t lie that Sehun’s existence was much a meaningful help but it didn’t mean the others’ help matter less. Her family has been there ever since the very first time without ever judging her even once. Kris too has been helping her and became a guardian angel for her.

Another morning had once again met Seoul city. Different from crowded weekdays, the road was rather empty with less cars and people on the street. Sehun had arrived at Yura’s apartment in early morning looking tidier than he usually did. He was cladded on somewhat classy white long top paired with silky black trousers that fit into his thin legs. Black coat hung on his arms and his hair was slicked up neatly–giving off young executive looks on a global meeting. He walked pass through the main lobby, ignoring all the awing stares from staffs on duty and went straight upstairs just like usual.

The first thing he did after entering Yura’s apartment unit was going straight to Sora’s room. He peeked through the gap and found her sleeping peacefully on her bed. Sehun smiled upon seeing his little angle sleeping soundly and he almost didn’t have a heart to wake her up. But that day was important so he should wake her up from her sound sleep.

“Sora… Louise Sora… Wake up~” he gently nudged her and her forehead once.

The light sleeper opened her eyes and rubbed it cutely as she tried to get up. Sehun helped her by carrying her up and leaned her back to the headboard. She roamed her eyes around with a dozed off mind–still trying to bring her self back to her consciousness.

“Oh, oh, my daughter is still sleepy~” Sehun pulled the little figure onto his embrace and lifted her onto his lap. She immediately leaned her back to his chest and snuggled to him for some comfort that she’d grown familiar with even from the first time she met him.

“Daddy…” she mumbled as she buried her face to his chest.

“Yes baby?” he tenderly ran his fingers through her tangled long hair and pecked the top of her head.

“Where’s Mommy? Today is Mommy… Eung, Mommy… G… G… What is it, daddy?” she found difficulty trying to pronounce the word graduation and drew a smile on Sehun’s face.

“It’s graduation, honey,” he paused, tucking back her falling hair onto the back of her ear, “I think mommy is still in her bedroom. Now that you’ve wake up, let’s have breakfast and take a shower with Daddy, okay?”

She nodded her head and twisted her body around to hang her arms on his nape– demanding to get carried up.

“What do you want for breakfast? Or do you want to have breakfast outside?” Sehun said as he placed his sleepy daughter sitting on the kitchen counter.

She immediately beamed at his offer and turned excited in a blink. “Outside! Outside! I want pancakes!”

He ruffled her hair and pinched her nose. “Got it. Then you only have to drink your milk. So that you’ll get…?”

“Taaaaaall!” she raised her left arm in the air and exclaimed cutely.

“Oh??? Why are you so smart? Tell me again whose daughter are you?” Sehun knitted his brows playfully and crossed his arms.

Sora giggled cutely and threw her body onto his chest as her little arms tried to circle his waist but sure she couldn’t. “Daddy! I’m daddy’s little daughter!!!”

Sehun finished making her strawberry flavored milk and let his daughter drank it while he scanned his eyes through her closet. She had so many dresses and just by seeing it, he knew that half of those were still new and untouched. After scanning diligently, he ended up pulling out a flower-patterned dress with a ribbon belt for her to wear.

After finished with bathing her, he sat her on the kid’s vanity table and took out the hair equipment to dry and style her hair. He comfortably sat on the floor while she sat on the small chair in front of him.

“Welcome to Oh beauty saloon. How can I help you?” he acted out as a hair stylist while holding onto the brush and hair dryer.

Sora giggled and covered to hide her smile. “I want hair like princess Aurora!”

Sehun nodded as he put a towel on her shoulder and began brushing her hair. “But you’re prettier than princess Aurora. How about I offer you the look of another princess?”

Sora widened her eyes in shock and turned around with excitement twinkling in her eyes. “What princess what princess?”

“Wait a minute,” he shoved his hand onto his pocket and took out his phone. He opened the photo gallery and showed her a picture of herself eating pasta. was covered with white cream sauce but she looked undeniably cute. “Here, her name is princess Sora. Doesn’t she look prettier than those Disney’s princesses?”

Sora giggled and her face blushed red. “Aaah~ Daddy! It’s meee!” he pointed the screen.

“It’s you?” Sehun pretended to be shocked and placed his phone on the table. “Oh my God! So you’re that princess Sora I really love! Come here! Can I have your autograph?” Sehun pulled her into a hug and shook her playfully–making the little one laughed on his arms.

“Stop stop!” she cutely remarked while giggling happily, “Bad daddy! Bad daddy!”

After he finished preparing her from head to toe, he waited alone in the living room since Sora said she wanted to have a private meeting with Mr. Teddy Bear in the playroom. To kill his boredom, he the TV and watched the morning news silently.

A voice of door creaking open was heard not too long after that. He turned around in reflex and his jaw dropped when he saw Yura walking out of her room with a simple yet stunning white short dress. Her hair was tied up in a bun and she only put a light make up yet she managed to appear dazzlingly.

She wasn’t yet aware of Sehun’s presence that she hurriedly ran toward Sora’s bedroom with a thought that her daughter was still asleep. She went out of the room with a puzzled face and flinched when he saw Sehun in the living room.

“Uh…” Sehun was lost in words when they first locked eyes but he hurriedly collected his sense to avoid the awkwardness, “I’ve got her all ready. Now she’s having a private meeting with Mr. Teddy Bear in the playroom.”

“Oppa, you scared me,” she her chest, “When did you get here? I didn’t hear you coming.”

“About an hour ago?” he nonchalantly stated without actually remembering at what time exactly did he get there. There was silence as Sehun tried really hard to let his heart loose but his tongue betrayed him. He knew he was supposed to be there as a friend of her but he couldn’t hide the admiration he had for her. She was so beautiful that there were billion words crossing inside his head wanting to scream his feelings out. He sheepishly ducked his head and scratched his nape, “You’re beautiful.”

Yura’s head fall out of contentment and she tried to hold back her flattered smile. “Thank you,” was all she managed to utter before she broke into another smile.

Sehun really wanted to hug her and congratulate her for finally making it but he couldn’t. He knew his boundaries and the fact that he had her agreeing him to attend her graduation was more than enough for him. He knew there were thousands risk going out there in a crowded graduation ceremony and there could be countless suspicion toward him but he could think about it later. All he wanted to do was to be there on her special day and he wouldn’t miss that for anything.

“Now, shall we go?”

 

---

 

Since Kris couldn’t make it to the graduation ceremony due to a filming schedule, Sora was stuck with Sehun for all day. All eyes were darted to him and the fangirls started to swarm up around wherever he was. They were asking about the familiar he's carrying and went nuts but Sehun just walked pass coolly to avoid looking nervous behind his shades.

Sora started to get scared from the crowd chasing them around and kept on burying her face to his collarbone. Seeing her sudden change, he tried his best to shove into the crowd and escaped inside the venue. Sehun mentally cursed himself for not bringing at least one of his manager to help him shoving up the crazy crowd and moreover, he felt bad for making his daughter terrified.

“Excuse me,” Sehun walked in the middle of the crowd and somehow managed to pass the entrance finally. The fans failed to follow him inside as the securities finally jumped in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter