020.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

020.

 

 

Sehun kept walking back and forth in his room while rubbing his chin. He knitted his brows and would once stop to wonder before he shook his head in disapproval and continued walking around back and forth. Kai could only throw him a confused, bothered stare and threw him pillows or anything near him several times. Sehun only glanced sternly at him in response before he put his hand back to his chin and wander again.

“Gosh! This is frustrating!” Sehun threw his body to bed and covered his face desperately.

“You’re noisy,” Kai rolled his eyes and darted his eyes back to his screen phone.

Sehun rolled on his queen-sized bed and stomped his feet childishly. He buried his face on the pillow and screamed out of frustration. “AAAH GOD JUST PLEASE TAKE ME.”

Kai hissed at him and threw another pillow on his face. He might looked like he’s bothered but for Kai to actually kept on throwing Sehun with stuffs when he had problems means that Kai wanted to know what happen and asking if there are anything he could do to help him, but of course in unusual Kim Jongin’s way.

“I met her parents today,” knowing too well about his best friend’s hidden intention, Sehun told him the matter immediately, “He made me promise.”

“What promise?” Kai asked nonchalantly while tapping his thumb on the phone screen, “Shoot! That was close!” he sputtered when his figure lost the battle.

Sehun gazed at him from the corner of his eyes and hissed before closing his eyes and heaved heavily, “I promised to win Yura’s heart. I promised to marry her.”

Kai suddenly stopped tapping his fingers on the game and turned his head toward the younger by months one. He stared at him with a straight face for seconds before he opened his mouth, “ing stupid.”

“Thank you Kim Kai, you’re so helping. Now what do I do?” Sehun sat up and bumped his head against the headboard several times, probably realizing how stupid he was just like what Kai said seconds earlier.

“How many time have I told you not to be reckless? Now that you’ve promised him that, what if he found you failing in the end? I mean, just talk about the reality that she doesn’t even have feelings for you. It’s just you who falls for her, not her in reverse,” he grumbled with so much seriousness on his face, not thinking about how his words would hurt Sehun because he’s being too blunt.

Sehun mockingly mimicked the way Kai scolded him and whined pointlessly. He just hoped that everything would change by it self and he would wake up to the sight of Yura beside him the next morning, giving him good morning kiss from a wife to her husband.

Kai gritted his teeth in annoyance and threw a big action figure toward him–he just randomly grabbed everything he could reach from his bed. Once he made sure it landed on Sehun’s head, he turned around and fixed his eyes back to the phone's screen.

“ ! Why am I so stupid?!” Sehun cursed to himself while pulling his hair unknowingly.

Kai might seemed like he’s not giving a about his stressful best friend but in fact, he was thinking about the solution while playing games. When a brilliant idea popped on his mind, he threw his head and jumped to Sehun’s bed that’s only two steps away from his bed.

“Yah yah yah yah,” he nudged Sehun’s body and threw the pillow away, "YAH OH SEHUN."

“What?” Sehun stared at him with a straight hopeless face.

“That offer you received days ago… Why don’t you make use of it? Here. She won’t ever let you cross the friendship line, right? That means whatever in between both of you is only anything about Sora and that wouldn’t make you close with her. I bet you my Lamborghini.”

The frown on his face faded because he knew Kai always give him the best advice in universe. He leaned forward and rubbed his palms excitedly while waiting for him to continue. “I like that Lamborghini part. Then?”

“You know, I think they could consider her as the partner since it could probably raise the show’s ratings. Yura was already known by people from Kris hyung’s rumor, mind you.”

Sehun tried to take in whatever Kai was saying but took almost a minute before his eyes popped in shock. “You mean to involve her in this?! Are you crazy?! Do you want her to throw me off the window?!”

Kai smacked the back of Sehun’s back and rolled his eyes, “Yah! This show will probably help you to develop your relationship with her in another way more than friendship!”

“But how the hell do I ask her to do that?! You think you know how stubborn that rock head is?!” Sehun shouted as he pushed Kai’s forehead harshly.

Kai groaned and smacked Sehun’s head back for the second time, “Just do it first! Who knows what the result is? All you need to do first is to try. Give it a shot,” he encouraged him with desperate anger all over his voice. If there’s one thing he want to kill off Sehun then it’s his insecurity.

Sehun thought deeply while rubbing his temple as he tried to swallow in Kai’s suggestion. He knew it’s undoubtedly a brilliant idea but asking her to agree with it is no different than asking for a knife stab on his chest.

“Just saying. You know, it’s for your relationship with her. After all, you need to be with her right? You said love her,” Kai said before he stood up and went out of the room to let Sehun think alone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter