Bonus Chapter #3

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BONUS CHAPTER

 

 

“Daddy. Please~”

“No.”

“Dad. It’s just one week!”

“A lot can happen in one week, sweetheart. I’m trying to protect you here so stop puking against me.”

“Dad! But you know I won’t cross my boundaries.”

“What if someone poison your drink?”

“Uh… I’m not going to let anyone touch my drink?”

“What if they actually poison your drink, or food, or shampoo, or soap, or maybe your make up, and oh my sweet Jesus Christ, what if they inject something on your body when you’re asleep??!??!?!!?!?!!! YOU’RE SO NOT GOING!”

Oh God, not this kind of anxiety again, she thought. “Dad… I’m 17 years old and I can take care of my self. If there’s one thing you should worry about then it’s your own self. You’re getting older and more pathetic each day. You’re losing that handsome, flawless Greek God face.”

“Let me tell you one thing here, you little kid. First, you’re not supposed to go overseas without your parents until you’re 21, no, 25, wait, 30 maybe. Thing is I wont let you go that far from my reach. Second, you’re going with your friends, yes you totally are, but excuse me little lady your so-called bratty boyfriend is also coming and you know I hate that guy. And HEY I’M NOT TURNING OLDER IN FACT THERE ARE STILL GIRLS CHANTING MY NAME OUT THERE WANTING ME TO BANG THEM TO THE WALL.”

“It’s clear that you hate him. You actually glued his pants with gum, flood his plate on Tabasco, secretly deflated his car tires, and actually embarrassed him on your own concert, what could be more perfect to express your love? Dad, I love you but I also love this guy, okay? Stop being childish and let your soon-to-be-graduated daughter go. And well, it’s ahjumma for you dad. Your fans mostly have kids already so that turned them into ahjumma. There are no more high school teenagers, or cool chicks, or y . Admit it, grandpa. It’s old women.”

“Who taught you to talk back on people like that exactly?”

“Uh… I’m sorry but it’s you.”

“Your just won’t work on me, Candy. Let me lecture you the other 100000th reasons of why I shoudnt let you go.”

Sora closed her eyes tight and she knew there’s no way this 37 years old man in front of her would let her go for trip with her friends and boyfriend to Japan. But she just wouldn’t give up halfway. She’s not going to skip this opportunity before she actually goes to college and she knows she won’t have much free times as a medical student later. “Okay. Let me hear the other 100000th reasons if it’s what it take for you to finally let me go.”

“Kid, I’m not going to send my own daughter to hell,” he swung his finger around annoyingly before he continue. “And also, this is the main reason of why shouldn’t I let you go: what if your oh-so-lovely-that’s-obviously-uglier-than-this flawless-37 years-old-stunning-man-right-here boyfriend knock you out?”

“What is this aging grandpa even talking about?” she chimed sarcastically.

“I ASKED WHAT IF HE KNOCKS YOU OUT?! AND GOD DAMN IT SORA I’M NOT GROWING OLDER. I’M STILL AS FLAWLESS AS I DID BACK THEN,” he sassily spat and raised his hand in the air as if he was praying to God asking how could he’s gifted with such lovely daughter, sarcastically.

Sora knitted her eyebrows – not taking anything her father trying to say because she’s just too smart for that. “The last time you knocked out someone, she gave birth to the most adorable, y, smart, and exquisite daughter if I’m not mistaken.”

Sehun gasped dramatically, wondering how could this grown-too-fast teenager in front of him took over his sassiness that much thoroughly. “I’m sorry if I knock your mother out, poor kid, but even though I’d began it with a gentle, loving love making or rough, dominant instead, I believe I would still have the most adorable, y, smart, and exquisite daughter just because those point you made right there are actually, eternally, endlessly flowing in my blood?!”

Sora couldn’t help herself from laughing and ended up tackling her father down on the floor. Straddling his muscular slender body, she began yanking his hair and tickled him to death. This is what she loves about her father-daughter relationship, that she could treat her own father as a friend, a brother, a boyfriend even, but still has some respect for him just because she loves him too much for giving 100% of himself to his family without exception. All she’d been living in the past twelve years was nothing but lovely, sweet, happy family, and she felt really, really grateful for that even though her father actually crosses his boundaries from being too much overprotective literally all the time.

“Oh Sora! You don’t yank on your father’s hair! I’ve just dyed it this afternoon!” Sehun screamed girlishly, trying to shot up from being literally pinned down to the floor with his tall daughter. It really felt just like yesterday when Sora was hanging on his nape like a baby koala, now he could even joke about stuffs to her just because she’s grown up.  

“Dinner is read- oh my God,” Yura gasped exasperatedly when she witnessed her childish husband rolling around on the floor with her daughter, jokingly tackling each other but it seemed rather serious somehow. “You both stop fighting now or you’re sleeping on the couch tonight!”

Both of them stopped and immediately stood up, ducking their heads down and fiddled their fingers in guilty because if there’s one thing they’re afraid the most then it’s Yura’s roar.

“Okay… But you won’t let me sleep on the couch, right baby?” Sehun childishly asked like a five years old kid quivering on her mother’s glare.

Yura actually found it funny how he would still cutely pout and asked for forgiveness like a little brat though he knows she’d never been mad at him ever since their marriage because everything he did was nothing but making his family perfectly happy mentally and physically. Living in a wide penthouse, checked. Going on luxurious overseas trips for at least thrice in a year, checked. Having an honest, warm, close family, checked. Getting everything his family wanted, checked. Being genuinely happy only with his family, checked. But actually admit that his baby daughters are growing up, not yet.

Sora sensed that her parents would start their gross lovey-dovey times in no seconds so she stormed out to the dining room – pecking her mother’s lips to apologize before going to Yeonhee who was waiting alone in the dining table. And the moment she disappeared from their sight, Sehun dared to lift his head to meet his wife’s eyes, and yes, the love that never seems to disappear but grows once again bloomed in between their exchanges. Yura couldn’t stop her self from chuckling, seeing how cute and adorable her husband is though he’s going older each times yet he’d never lost his youthful self and features, and opened her arms when he approached her closer.

“See? You can’t resist my charm,” Sehun said – brushing his nose again her temple and it made her giggle.

Giggling against his broad chest, she wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face on him. “So this is that gross lovey-dovey time Sora had always talked about.”

“That kid. Don’t believe anything she said. She’s not that innocent anymore. I believed that stupid brat–“

“Kim Taehyung.”

“Yeah, whatever that cursed creature name is, I believe he had already landed his dirty, dusty lips on my daughter’s majestic lips that look exactly like mine. Too bad I had no evidence but once I find it, I will cut his until he had nothing but an inch short, short, really short pathetic so he won’t get to harm Sora any further,” Sehun said with such determination.

Sora found it funny how Sehun had always been that much protective over Yonhee and Sora’s privacy but on the other side, she pitied their daughters. She had always let them to experience everything because scientifically, teenagers have to suffer various kind of experience to grow, and seeing how Sehun put his body on the front line, she didn’t think their daughters would grow up normally, so she tended to let them tell her things and waited for the right time to tell Sehun. And she would be the one to talk through the whole stuffs with Sehun, and ended up having their daughters scolded but he would forgive them anyway. It takes times, really, but she knows it’s because he loves them too much to his own bones.

“Look at you overthinking things again. You were once a brat too. You knocked me out, remember? Good thing that brat’s not knocking our daughter out,” she said – pinching Sehun’s nose until the latter shriek like a teenage girl.

“Duh? You mean not yet?” he spat sarcastically, rolling his eyes out.

“Oh Sehun! Words!” she scolded him right away and he shut his snarky mouth off.

“I’m sorry,” he pouted his lips. “I just really, really hate him to my bones. How dare he taking my daughter away?”

“You should deal with facts that our daughters are growing up. If there’s one person you should look after more then it’s Yonhee because she’s still on a crucial stage of teenager’s life. And she also suffers a lot from being a trainee,” she answered while looking up lovingly to his eyes.

Sehun scoffed. “I will make sure there are no boys marking their wild territory around Yonhee. Should I her to school tomorrow? You’re making it sounds like she does have a boyfriend already.”

“Oh God,” Yura rolled her eyes sassily and laughed. “You really should take your meds and calm down there, grandpa. You have work tomorrow so you can’t her to school.”

“I can always put down my schedule,” he grouched. “I can always delay anything I have for my daughters.”

“I know. You will probably the only creature on this planet that canceled his own fan-signing event just because he heard Taehyung’s voice over the phone he had with Sora. Oh, and that he also barged into Yonhee’s class on her first day in school just because you knew the guy she likes rolled in the same class as her.”

“I just tried to teach them some manners,” he chimed mischievously. “Besides, I should make sure my daughters are surrounded with nothing but nice men in suit.”

“Then go marry her with some old rich men from Dubai.”

“NO-FREAKING-WAY.”

Yura giggled – pinching his nose once again. “Then let your daughters live normally. You provided them heaven, yes, but when it comes to boy you serve them nothing but hell.”

“Those boys sure had to found out how hell tastes like and survive before they want to take my daughter’s hands,” he fired up and she could actually see flares behind his eyes.

“For whatever’s sake they’re still teenagers, Sehun oppa,” she began to grow tired of this talk and set off of his arms. “Come on, you’re going to grumble again if your dinner gets cold.”

“I don’t do grumble!”

“You just grumbled.”

“No. I don’t.”

“You know what?”

“What?”

“Your constant nagging creeps me out.”

“Uh, why is that so?”

“You’re literally growing old and I’m afraid I should attend your funeral by tomorrow.”

“EXCUSE ME BUT I DON’T AND DID YOU JUST WISH ME TO DEATH? I CANT BELIEVE YOU KHLOE RYURA.”

“See? You nagged again.”

“Whatever.”

“Oppa?”

“What?”

“You have grey hair growing.”

“OH-MY-FREAKING-GOD-NO-SERIOUSLY-GIRL-ARE-YOU-TRYING-TO-PUT-MY-SELF-IN-HELL-OR-WHAT?!” he ran toward the mirror wall and scanned through his just-dyed golden brown hair, and gazed at her through the mirror when she started laughing her off.

“OH YURA YOU DON’T PLAY AROUND WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!” and the 37 years old with his 33 years old wife once again ran around chasing each other with their kids watching around the three-story penthouse.

 

***

 

“I’m sorry old lady but we’re going home.”

“No we’re not.”

“DO YOU REALIZE YOU’RE DRIVING TOWARD THE AIRPORT?!”

“Uh… I guess that’s why I took over the driver seat? Shut your mouth, Oh Sehun. We’re going to get our daughter late for her flight.”

“I’VE NEVER SIGNED UP FOR THIS. OH GOD. Oh God these crazy women I live with.”

“Mom, have I told you how much, how loaded the love I have for you?” Sora sunnily cut off the bicker and grinned wildly.

Yonhee calmly beamed to the two sitting in front and shifted her eyes back to her phone. Yonhee took over her mother’s nature by being soft, elegant, mannered, bountiful –basically everything about elegance and woman-like– while her older sister clearly took over Sehun’s behavior and features, but when it comes to talent, Sora is unexpectedly excellent with her grades and dreamed to be a doctor, while Yonhee had been signed as a trainee in SM without his father’s help for his father actually becomes one of the head-directors in the company after years being EXO members.

“Yonhee. Won’t you help your poor, pathetic, disgraced dad in front of here?” Sehun turned around, clasping his hands together and actually begged to the youngest in the car.

Yonhee calmly chuckled and it resembled Yura completely in so many ways. “Stop exaggerating, dad. You’ll end up worshipping Sora eonnie once she gets back because she’ll buy you lots of your favorite childish snack.”

“I DON’T EAT CHILDISH SNACKS,” Sehun dramatically gasped for thousandth times and it becomes more and more hilarious to watch. “And stop looking completely like your mother, Oh Yonhee. You’ll make boys around you die from your charm and actually will chase your tail everywhere. They will sneak into your room even! At night!!!!! Oh my God you’re so sleeping with me tonight little girl or else I will throw those dirty asses off the window from 27th floor where we lived in and yeah, they’ll die pathetically under my hand because-“

“Mom, tell me again why you’re marrying this guy,” Yonhee said with such ease and giggled at her father who practically broadened his eyes exaggeratingly.

Yura glanced playfully at Sehun, staring at him in the worst way possible. “What?!” he said – actually waited for his wife to list down from the very first start of how ideal and proper he was from the first start to be chosen as the perfect husband of the century, but gasped dramatically once again when he heard her playful answer.

“I don’t know? I thought it was an accident at first?”

Sehun blew his bang. “That’s it. I’m going to Japan tomorrow and you young lady, I will meet you there and sleep on the same bed as you. And that boyfriend of yours will sleep literally under my feet.”

Yura once again kicked in. “I’ve already hid your passport somewhere you cant find. Just give up already, Sehun oppa.”

“Oh my God seriously you guys are making me crazy!” he cried out – burying his face and pretended to cry but none of them care. He just would act like a child in front of them but actually does everything he should as a father completely and perfectly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter